• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *NEW* Snake Boards Stage Discussion (currently discussing Brinstar)

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
RC is very dependant per character. CP Diddy is good here, but CP MK to RC is a terrible idea. Utilt and Uair can kill extremely early here, but it also forces Snake to be more in the air.

napZzz

Smash Hero
people avoid your **** on this stage, the first part will probably get you ****ed up because of how small it is vs. most characters. yeah, you can get low percent kills at certain parts of the stage but who's dumb enough to jump at a snake sitting on one of those high up platforms probably waiting to utilt or something. Anyone can just run away from snake on this stage and its not good, anyone saying a stage like brinstar is worse doesn't know much. Brinstar isn't even a bad snake stage generally, its probably a good one of anything.

Snake does worse on this stage BY FAR compared to any other janky cp, it should always be your ban and its not any good.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Uhm, RC is a pretty good CP stage actually. You can camp the **** out of a lot of characters there.

:059:

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
People can avoid your **** on any stage, it's why you cook, and make plans and all that jazz. The thing about RC is that it's a moving stage, that means people move with it, and if you stay ahead of the curve, then you get a sizable advantage because they have to weave through all the **** you left behind.

napZzz

Smash Hero
People can avoid your **** on any stage, it's why you cook, and make plans and all that jazz. The thing about RC is that it's a moving stage, that means people move with it, and if you stay ahead of the curve, then you get a sizable advantage because they have to weave through all the **** you left behind.
They have multiple paths they can take on any part of the stage while keeping ahead of you or just staying behind to watch what you do. Its just too big to think his projectiles are very effective, and if anything snake has to try to play offensive and keep up with them which wont work really well. You should probably ban this most of the time except vs. certain characters that have ****ty recoveries and cant do much here anyways, or unless you REALLY feel uncomfortable on some other random stage and would rather ban it. Personally, i like to ban BF sometimes or another stage that benefits their main and let them go to rainbow cruise. I can switch to MK and due to just a bit of good practice playing him on the stage its almost like his playground, and if its dittos you'll be just fine outplaying him, or you'll wreck almost any other character if you play it right.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
They have multiple paths they can take on any part of the stage while keeping ahead of you or just staying behind to watch what you do. Its just too big to think his projectiles are very effective, and if anything snake has to try to play offensive and keep up with them which wont work really well. You should probably ban this most of the time except vs. certain characters that have ****ty recoveries and cant do much here anyways, or unless you REALLY feel uncomfortable on some other random stage and would rather ban it. Personally, i like to ban BF sometimes or another stage that benefits their main and let them go to rainbow cruise. I can switch to MK and due to just a bit of good practice playing him on the stage its almost like his playground, and if its dittos you'll be just fine outplaying him, or you'll wreck almost any other character if you play it right.
Stage control is always a part of our game though, putting a c4 or dropping a grenade, shoot a mortar even. I just think that you can abuse stage control on this stage really well, just because the stage forces people to move, and not just focus on avoiding your shiz. Like when I had my thread and write up about this stage, it talked about trying to be on the left of the boat, jump to the upper platforms on the carpet phase, stay to the right from there, and under when it falls. I do agree it's not necessarily all about recoveries, but probably also aerial mobility.

MK is **** on this stage, no debating that.

mikeray4

Smash Ace
this stage would be awesome if a double snake team played here. so many things we could do. to bad someone I know bans it everytime we play

napZzz

Smash Hero
i think its time that we should change the stage, we should work on all the janky stages and leave snakes better ones or the neutrals until later imo, if that hasn't been mentioned yet anyways

napZzz

Smash Hero
yes, it should go through all of snakes worst stages not the neutrals <_<

I sort of agree.....but only MLG is running the MLg rules.....maybe a few other states or something. Everyone else is still using normal ****, and lets be real. How many of you are gonna go to any of the MLG tourneys? I think their will only be 2 snake mains that even sort of visit the boards going. I'd rather stick to the other normal janky stages and end up doing those at the end if its necessary

Oh sorry. Janky stage?

I'd say green greens too but I don't have much experience there.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Eh, I'm not all for the idea of Green Greens.

I've been seeing a lot of how Brinstar is really bad for Snakes. I'd like to know more about it. It was once believed to be a good stage for us, but that's changed obviously.

If not that, I'd like to know about Norfair. I've seen that stage counterpicked here quite a bit actually. I know it's counter/banned, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't consider it. I know Green Greens is too, but I never see it played.

Those are the only two crazy stages I can think of that are giving me trouble.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
yes, it should go through all of snakes worst stages not the neutrals <_<

I sort of agree.....but only MLG is running the MLg rules.....maybe a few other states or something. Everyone else is still using normal ****, and lets be real. How many of you are gonna go to any of the MLG tourneys? I think their will only be 2 snake mains that even sort of visit the boards going. I'd rather stick to the other normal janky stages and end up doing those at the end if its necessary
I'm going to the one in ohio :D

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
^Yay! Me tew~

But I don't think MLG will run Green Greens in Ohio. Normally Ohio or Midwest have it banned. And maybe they just don't realize how broken Green Greens is so once they do they may end up banning it by the next ones.

napZzz

Smash Hero
....do you really need more information for it? really?

theres plenty.....especially when people argued back and forth about it stating what snakes good at and what snakes bad at. It cant be that hard to make a summary for it

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
Hmmm. Just saw the FD stuff on the front. Why would you take a D3 there. Dumb dumb :).

RC is...idk. I want to learn it. If you don't get gimped and can run away and make your opponent fight you when you want, it can be good.

Limeee

Smash Champion
Green Greens is legal in my region, and it is an amazing stage.

-uptilt kills mad early
-di into the blocks to get saved randomly, its gay. but play to win
-when the apples (whatever they are) come down, add them into your camp game
-always keep up the pressure
-when playing against DDD make sure to get rid of the blocks to avoid getting infinited
-fly under the stage with cypher for the occasional mix up
-C4 on middle platforms plus grenade pressure is a very good fortress
-ftilt can be followed up against the walls

this stage is mad good, especially against MK
i would take everyone but D3 here

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
Green Greens is legal in my region, and it is an amazing stage.

-uptilt kills mad early
-di into the blocks to get saved randomly, its gay. but play to win
-when the apples (whatever they are) come down, add them into your camp game
-always keep up the pressure
-when playing against DDD make sure to get rid of the blocks to avoid getting infinited
-fly under the stage with cypher for the occasional mix up
-C4 on middle platforms plus grenade pressure is a very good fortress
-ftilt can be followed up against the walls

this stage is mad good, especially against MK
i would take everyone but D3 here
If D3 CPs this stage you CP MK, it's soooo easy to get a lead and then stall him out here.

etecoon

Smash Hero
green greens has never been legal at any tournament I've been to, even the scrub ones that allow like pictochat, pirate ship, and norfair. W T F was MLG thinking

anyway I endorse the "go MK" advice : ): ): ): ): ): ): )

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
I think if there is nothing else to discuss we should start a rediscussion of some stages. For example I think we overestimated Halberd's usefulness for us.

IMO, Halberd is a bad stage to pick against alot of Snake's counters. DDD for example can kill Snake earler then we can kill him with the uptilt. And **** with the chaingrab on the actual ship portion. Also because of the small size of the usually platform stage and the central platform, characters who can juggle snake well (MK, Marth, Zss, etc) can juggle him really well there.

Underload

Lazy
I think Green Greens is worth dicussing, yeah. Rediscussions are tedious, so I'd rather cover borderline stages we haven't touched upon yet than talk about things that have already been talked about.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Diddy should be added to take to Yoshi's Island. Slopes mess up naners, and small stage, easier gimps. ;)

6Mizu

Smash Champion
Somewhere in the SubspaceEmissary(NC, Morrisville)
Okay so Green Greens, since this became legal I've played this stage a lot vs. rPSI. Everything I know about this stage is going straight to OP. But please keep discussing.

EDIT: @jujitsutide: Excuse this please, but your retared. You cannot take G&W there...once he gets center stage control...you've lost the match.

Top Bottom