• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
lol, conversely, Brawl's developers really wanted people to use Zelda/Sheik in tandem, at least imo. They nerfed sheik a lot, and made it so that switching through respawn invincibility doesn't have any vulnerability (unlike w/ PT since he takes forever to switch), and transforming refreshes all your moves for either char. Problem is, Zelda's still really bad lol.
If that's true, then making her transformation longer was a terribly counterintuitive idea.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
If that's true, then making her transformation longer was a terribly counterintuitive idea.
It's mainly dependent on the loading on the disk. If you have the copy on the USB, the transformation's not too bad actually (definitely not Melee speed, but it isn't like you can punish it easily if you just knock them off then transform, or do it on respawn). Either way, it didn't work b/c Zelda's still garbz haha

Mr Postman

Smash Journeyman
Best Combo Skills

****ard
Mihn
Allen
Best Recovery

Gage
Wad
JonnyW

Most Mindgames

Gage
Gnomeosaurus
Binx
Highest Tech Skill

Juce
Gage
Mihn
Best Edgeguards

Gage
Mihn
Juce
Most Diverse Smasher(Plays the most Characters)

Gage
Debaser
Binx
Best In Teams

Gage
Juce
JonnyW
Most Clutch (coming from behind for the win)

Cmin
Jonny
Ratking

Funniest Smasher

Foos :cool:

Friendliest Smasher

Foos :cool:
Debaser
****ard
Most Improvement

Ryan
JonnyW
Ratking

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I actually think Brawl sheik could be a little higher...and her recovery is horrible now :\
What do you mean by 'now'? Sheik's recovery was worse in Melee. I would call it pretty sub-par. It's sort of mediocre in Brawl - not good, but useable.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Meanwhile in Bawrl...

Upsets, upsets everywhere

Melee GFs were definitely pretty bad.

What do you mean by 'now'? Sheik's recovery was worse in Melee. I would call it pretty sub-par. It's sort of mediocre in Brawl - not good, but useable.
Really? I mean, sheik's recovery in melee isn't special once you know how to punish it properly, but Brawl Sheik's is sorta easy-mode. Certainly doesn't help that Brawl sheik isn't nearly as resilient.

:phone:

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I was rooting for armada. Surprize! I actually somewhat enjoy watching those two play that matchup because it's basically the perfect version, but I did not enjoy that it was grand finals. If it were winners or losers I would have been more interesting, but that wasn't fun. Watching hungrybox make a comback was intersting at first, because I wanted to see a little competition, then when he won the first set and I turned it off because it was too painful to watch anymore.

Still, it was pretty cool to see both europe and mexico place in the top four. Mexico put themselves on the map with Javi beating PP, which btw was the most amazing match of the day. Apparently the top two spots in brawl were both players from japan too. Kind of cool imo.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
So apparently we lost to:

-Canada in Smash64
-Europe for Melee (except in crews)
-Japan for Brawl

:\
Dunno why you're sad about that. I'd follow that with a :)

Well, that'd make it look sarcastic, maybe not. Seriously though, I think it's cool. Sure it means usa needs to step it up a bit, but seeing other countries make it on top seems to me like a good thing. It's not that I'm not patriotic or anything, I just think this breeds healthy competition and keeps everyone on their toes. Well maybe I am just a little happy the US isn't just #1 by default.

cmin

Smash Ace
Dunno why you're sad about that. I'd follow that with a :)

Well, that'd make it look sarcastic, maybe not. Seriously though, I think it's cool. Sure it means usa needs to step it up a bit, but seeing other countries make it on top seems to me like a good thing. It's not that I'm not patriotic or anything, I just think this breeds healthy competition and keeps everyone on their toes. Well maybe I am just a little happy the US isn't just #1 by default.
helllllllla treason

Binx

Smash Master
helllllllla treason
lol qft

I still feel like Mango is the best player, but it's good to see that the best players of other areas are so close in skill to our best, it's really good to have that competition.

Someone tell Jesse and Gage to submit their 15 man lists to me for the PR.

keeper

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, canada won 64.
Superboom is a beast.

Also, I watched infinitely more Brawl than Melee since I watched none of the Melee stream. The Brawl commentators are much more professional than general Melee ones (Except I love Dogysammich and Prog, so they're on par for being fantastic).

He gave up mid match.
Mango didn't win. He wasn't going to win and had been saying he wasn't going to for the two months leading up to it. He didn't care the whole time and vocalized it. I'm not knocking him, that's just literally what happened, lol.

Mr Postman

Smash Journeyman
Eggz is moving to Portland on Friday. You guys trying to throw him a "Hey Eggz-Oppa whaddup" party?
Woh.

Superboom is a beast.

Also, I watched infinitely more Brawl than Melee since I watched none of the Melee stream. The Brawl commentators are much more professional than general Melee ones (Except I love Dogysammich and Prog, so they're on par for being fantastic).
I laugh whenever I hear Prog's voice.

Binx

Smash Master
oh snap, just in time for the new pr list huh lol

I'm actually really excited for this though, if eggs comes to all the monthlies and to some of our smash fests everyone could get a lot better really quickly.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Someone tell Jesse and Gage to submit their 15 man lists to me for the PR.
IMO you should wait until after next Best Bout. It is like a week an a half away. Also you and another panel member weren't at the last like 1 or 2 of them, so that seems dumb. Also there were several people on the PR who haven't been at the last 1 or 2, and they should be given a chance to not auto drop in placement.

Binx

Smash Master
People were telling me to make a list several weeks ago lol, so 3 of us put up 15 man versions which are largely unchanged except to add new people.

But yeah I can agree with waiting another week to see results.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
People were telling me to make a list several weeks ago lol, so 3 of us put up 15 man versions which are largely unchanged except to add new people.

But yeah I can agree with waiting another week to see results.
15 man list seems silly. Also, how has it hardly changed if people haven't been showing up?

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
I have a question about how stuff works in the panel. Do you guys actually keep track of all the tournament results and go over them thoroughly? Because otherwise, some of the panelists would not be up to date on some of the players' changing skill levels in the community when it's time to update. For example, gage barely ever plays anymore (not saying that's bad or anything), and I know he wouldn't really have an idea of how things have changed since the last update, save for what he can read online.

If you do keep track of results, is it from both monthlies and weeklies?

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
You'd be surprised how far of a reach I have in knowledge about this community. There are a lot of characters from games and anime that I'd compare myself to, but most of you probably wouldn't know them. Just compare to God, I guess.

Also, Jonny I'm sure Shane would prefer the party to have the things you suggested.

cmin

Smash Ace
You'd be surprised how far of a reach I have in knowledge about this community. There are a lot of characters from games and anime that I'd compare myself to, but most of you probably wouldn't know them. Just compare to God, I guess.

Also, Jonny I'm sure Shane would prefer the party to have the things you suggested.
I would be so down to party with you guys. I think of the smash community as my secret closet weird bunch of friends, and a smash party with alcohol and stuff would be equivalent to a gay parade for a closet gay dude. not saying that we're a bunch of gays or anything, not that I would judge you if you were in fact gay. woww **** lets just party already

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom