• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
You'd be surprised how far of a reach I have in knowledge about this community. There are a lot of characters from games and anime that I'd compare myself to, but most of you probably wouldn't know them. Just compare to God, I guess.
Haha, I know the kind of character you're talking about. So what information can your intel provide about me?

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
I think all players in the community should have access to the panel forum. If it can be made so that non-panelists have read-only access, that's fine, but I don't see why the discussions need to be a secret. If someone who isn't a panelist knows information that isn't being taken into consideration, they could tell a panelist about it and make our PR more accurate. So, that's a positive effect of giving us access to the forum. Are there any negatives?

Washington's panel is completely open and they seem to be doing just fine.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I agree with Cat Docta.

11-15 on the PR are more of honorable mentions because everyone is so close. 1-10 is the official PR and will be bolded.

ChinesePanda777

Smash Apprentice
Eggz moving to Portland is pretty dope.

For me, the most unfortunate thing about Apex (besides Melee GF because I closed the stream immediately once Mang0 lost) was the (apparently) poor execution of the tournament. The only kinda big fail I watched was the ISAI vs CAPTAIN JACK wait for an eternity.

Subsequently, the general vibe I got was that some Smash players did not like the FGC games interfering/taking time away from Smash, and the FGC did not like the organization and still think that Smash is silly/stupid/garbage. In the end, it seems the rift between the two communities has widen.

Sadface

Binx

Smash Master
If you want to discuss who should be where in the PR list, do it in the PR thread, that's a public forum where panelists can read your opinions.

I personally was against a 15 man list since we don't really have many more than 10 players and the 4 people who don't make it into the top 15 might feel bad for no reason, top 10 gives people something to strive for already but whatever, everyone wanted one so I agreed to vote for it.

No reason to have any panelist be worried about hurting other peoples feelings in the PR discussion, it will not be made public. Hope to see lots of people at BB tomorrow =D

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
No reason to have any panelist be worried about hurting other peoples feelings in the PR discussion, it will not be made public. Hope to see lots of people at BB tomorrow =D
I think we're all mature enough to handle it. Everyone else wants it to be public, and other PRs are public with no problem.

Eggz

Smash Hero
im about to make NOregon not a ****hole btw, so be prepared to have me rule with an iron fist to whip you buncha ****in noobs into shape

debaser

Smash Lord
man, you guys seriously expect a man who openly despises melee to try in an exhibition match put on solely to quell the slobbering demands of fanboys?

I wouldn't be surprised if that exhibition was the first time he had even touched the game in years.

did you watch him play link in 64? he was incredible. and yes I realize he lost.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
I think we're all mature enough to handle it. Everyone else wants it to be public, and other PRs are public with no problem.
^

im about to make NOregon not a ****hole btw, so be prepared to have me rule with an iron fist to whip you buncha ****in noobs into shape
I am gonna roll your ****** *** so hard. ^____^ but for real. Stoked you will be around... always.

debaser

Smash Lord
isai is a melee deep one. he emerges when the stars align a certain way to devour the hopes and sanity of his cultists.

keeper

Smash Champion
I don't think publicly posting that you have drugs on your possession is the wisest decision, that is what PMs are for.

I'm indifferent to the PR thing because I'm a little ***** that's never happy with it anyway.

Make me good at beating space animals. Also, hope you're holding up well, dude.
Sorry if it's a question onslaught, but where are you moving to specifically? I thought you just started school up in WA? Does that mean you're on a slight hiatus until you start at one of the CCs (and if so, which one? I live really close to PCC Sylvania).
man, you guys seriously expect a man who openly despises melee to try in an exhibition match put on solely to quell the slobbering demands of fanboys?

I wouldn't be surprised if that exhibition was the first time he had even touched the game in years.

did you watch him play link in 64? he was incredible. and yes I realize he lost.
I'm pretty sure he wasn't in the best mood after losing in 64 either. Find something that says he despises Melee instead of "just doesn't like to play it," as I thought that was his opinion.

Also, hype for watching Captain Jack. Nostalgia and he's still not bad for how rusty he is or whatever.

Binx

Smash Master
Gonna hold you to that Shane, hoping I can get you over to whoop my *** as often as possible.

You moving in with Gage again?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
About time Shane moved to Oregon. I thought we him for sure when he was going to move in to Jesse's but he slipped away.

And no one should really hate on Isai for his match with Captain Jack. He was playing SSB1 all day and just lost in Grand Finals and they immediately go and throw him on the stream live with no warm ups or anything in a Falcon vs Sheik match-up on FD. If anyone gets hate, it's the people who put Isai in that situation. :\

And:
I am also going to jump in and agree that panelist discussions should be open and transparent. If someone says "Player-A should be above Player-B because he has better spacing and edge-guarding" then maybe Player-B will know what to put some practice in?

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I don't see why there needs to be a fifteen person pr instead of a ten man pr when there are only twenty consistent players tops. If you're going to make a fifteen person pr, you might as well include everyone in the state who's been to more than one tournament.

Edit: And I should probably move that to the pr discussion.

Binx

Smash Master
working on the oregon awards, should be done by tonight, have about half the votes counted lol im lazy.

@ Wad - Yeah I totally agree, thats why I thought that top 10 was fine.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Yo, are people following the regional thread? **** is getting hype, starting to look more and more like a national. Should be dope. Shane said he even had Armada's interest.

TheCatPhysician

Smash Ace
Is Binx the only person who can decide wether the forum goes public? Not to come out with the hate or anything, and I appreciate your initiative in getting the ball rolling on the PR, Binx, but why should any one person above all else get to decide how this is going to work in our community, especially when most of us want the opposite?

I'm getting a little frustrated that despite these people speaking up with me, we only get one tiny condescending response from the sole(?) PR forum admin, essentially saying 'no, and I'm not discussing why except to say that your feelings would get hurt if you heard any criticism of your skill.' Well, we're competitive smashers. We want to be criticized and improve. And if any of us would rather not see it, they can simply stay out of the forum. Hell, you don't even have to make it public. You can just invite people who want to be invited and who agree to take responsibility for any of their resulting butthurts.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom