• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
Ok so, smashfest tonight for catphysician. I thought he had already left or I would have hosted one for him ages ago. Sorry I'm not as active on boards these days XD. I'll have ramen and SOME soda available for people, but I advise bringing cash as there's like 4 fast food places in walking distance (and some good food too.) Sorry to post this a bit short notice but I didn't know he was here as I said XD. As long as Cat is down for it, plan to show up around 5ish. There are two cubes here, and two tv's. Get at me and let me know if you want to show up tonight.

Also, my address is 3930 SW Plum St #2, Portland, OR, 97219. I'm located at capitol and barbur, right by pcc sylvania.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Hay guyz, I need to do a rain dance, to summon rain, but I don't know how. I guess I must contact the Great Spirit.

That way, I can go to the next week's tourney :D

Oh yeah, Melee Ganon is serious biz. That fair is murderous.

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
Aaron: Log onto AIM more you scallywag! By the way, I'll come over tonight, but Gage said he may hold something today as well. Of course there will be priorities (hanging out with you, whichever Cat goes to, getting my cube back, etc), but I'll try to talk to Gage later if he doesn't post on here, and then try to contact you I guess.

Phil: What's stopping you from coming?

Also, I told you earlier, I'm your go to guy on Ganon ****, so feel free to ask me whatever.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
Hrmm, didn't know Gage was thinking about hosting something. I'll call them and see if they answer XD. Mine's on unless Gage plans on hosting something like was apparently discussed and I missed lol.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Aaron: Log onto AIM more you scallywag! By the way, I'll come over tonight, but Gage said he may hold something today as well. Of course there will be priorities (hanging out with you, whichever Cat goes to, getting my cube back, etc), but I'll try to talk to Gage later if he doesn't post on here, and then try to contact you I guess.

Phil: What's stopping you from coming?

Also, I told you earlier, I'm your go to guy on Ganon ****, so feel free to ask me whatever.
The problem is we need to put a new layer of barkdust on our yard (makes weeding 40x easier), and every time there's a sunny day, I planned a smash tourney on that weekend, only for the carpool to fail. So I promised that unless it rained, the next weekend I'd help with barkdust instead of going.

btw, do you have AIM?

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
Go to aarons. He can takeover for me. If someone would like to pick me I'd be happy to come. I have like barely enough bus money for the next two weeks haha

twilit_dragon

Smash Apprentice
If need be, I'll ride to your place and we can walk to the bus stop so you're not lonely the whole time. I'll pay for the bus fare of course. :3

5backsmack

Smash Cadet
I talked to the owner of Guardian and assuming that we want a Saturday, the first available Saturday is in May. Plenty are available in June. It cost $40 to rent the space for the day, and we have to bring our own equipment. I have a setup and a few power strips that we can use. So more people would have to volenteer stuff. The owner says if we wait till June then she can get the tourney advertised very well. Anyway I need to know how many people can for sure come before I commit to renting the space. Its in NEP close to the bus stop on burnside and MLK. Any thoughts on entry fees? Keep in mind we have to pay off the renting fee, and have leftover for prizes. When I played in halo tournaments it was $20, but I think we can probably go a little bit lower if we get a good turnout.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
I'll set every thing up. Backsmack just get that venue confirmed for May and I'll start advertising/making the tournament page. Also, all of our tournaments have always been bring your own stuff. So there is no worry there. I already know how I'm going to pay the venue fee. Just going to take 10 dollars from Melee Singles, Brawl Singles, Melee Doubles, and Brawl Doubles. Which will make 40 and not really take that much away from each pot size.

Just make sure if you are to confirm it. Don't make it the 1st weekend of May. Because our WA monthly is always the first weekend of the month. I will talk to the guy that organizes the tournaments. He's been thinking about making monthlies in Oregon, so this could help him out.

What is the venue info like address, phone number, website if they have one, etc.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
You could do a separate venue fee also (I would prefer that), just don't make it more than $5. Less if you can.
(You can)

keeper

Smash Champion
So there wont be cash prizes? You should put all the money into prizes -$40.
It's dependent on the level of interest. The venue fee can be altered for people when they pay entrance for their tournament based on the number there. Since, as you said, it's $40 for entry few, if we have say 15 people enter, just do 40/22 and you get about $2 a person. The leftovers from the rounding error can then be thrown into the pot. So really, the venue few is just the venue cost divided by the number of people that show up, right?

It's not that difficult.

Also, Kami, if you see this, want to play tomorrow? I might text you later today asking though, all ninja-like.

5backsmack

Smash Cadet
So if I understand right Its $10 plus the venue fee, which is 40/#of people that show. And the $10 entry fee goes directly to the prize pool?

5backsmack

Smash Cadet
Ok that makes sence the way it sounded in the first post was $10 enry fee, pay the store with that money, then peach keeps the rest.

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
Also, Kami, if you see this, want to play tomorrow? I might text you later today asking though, all ninja-like.
Uhh, perhaps. I'm hanging out with my gf in the morning, then going to work, and then at like 7ish PM I'm going to hang out with Jingwei and Jeremy (I don't think you've met him.) I could ask Jeremy if you could join in for a bit, since it at his house. Send me a text tomorrow. If we can't (Jeremy's parents can be kind of lame like that despite him being 19), we'll definitely get together sometime over spring break.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
That was my plan haha. Just kidding. I'll do an entrance fee. Just to pay off the venue fee. Then I'll put the rest back in the pot. Distribute it 60/30/10 for 1st/2nd/3rd

All is good. The store gets their money. The winners get their money and we get a tournament

keeper

Smash Champion
Uhh, perhaps. I'm hanging out with my gf in the morning, then going to work, and then at like 7ish PM I'm going to hang out with Jingwei and Jeremy (I don't think you've met him.) I could ask Jeremy if you could join in for a bit, since it at his house. Send me a text tomorrow. If we can't (Jeremy's parents can be kind of lame like that despite him being 19), we'll definitely get together sometime over spring break.
This is my Spring break, haha. I'm pretty sure you said Thursday didn't work (or was that Gage), but if it does that'd be awesome since you sound busy tomorrow and I'm awkward around new people a lot (despite going to smash tournaments).

5backsmack

Smash Cadet
Yeah I figured I understood It wrong. Anyway if anyone lives near NEP and wants to smash sometime let me know if your all cool with new people coming cuz I would like to get some practice against good people before the tournament. Right now I expect to lose horribly cuz I never played mellee competitively and have only played brawl for about a week. Also if anyone wants to play Friday, a few people could come over to my place to smash if interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom