• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****balls.

On another note, is anyone planning on going to that Medford tournament? I heard there would be Melee.

Edit: I might be driving a carpool down there, so if anyone on the way is interested...
I'm very interested in going Allen, and I believe 2 other people near me may be also. If need be I can probably drive my car as well, but I'd prefer to just pay you some gas instead if there is room. If we go down there early enough we can check out some of the beautiful river canyons down there too, it's a really pretty area.

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
I'm very interested in going Allen, and I believe 2 other people near me may be also. If need be I can probably drive my car as well, but I'd prefer to just pay you some gas instead if there is room. If we go down there early enough we can check out some of the beautiful river canyons down there too, it's a really pretty area.
Sounds good. I technically have 6 seats in my Ford Taurus(the front seat is a bench) but 5 would probably be more comfortable. As of now I am bringing 1 other person from Corvallis so picking up 3 from Eugene would be fine. If possible I would like you guys to meet up at one place though, and I would like to split the cost of gas evenly among the people in the carpool.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
Sounds good. I technically have 6 seats in my Ford Taurus(the front seat is a bench) but 5 would probably be more comfortable. As of now I am bringing 1 other person from Corvallis so picking up 3 from Eugene would be fine. If possible I would like you guys to meet up at one place though, and I would like to split the cost of gas evenly among the people in the carpool.
Of course! I don't foresee any issues with that. I need to look up the tourney listing so I can touch base with them and confirm their attendance for sure though. And Gage, it would be cool to see you again.

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=12272 This is in 3 days? I'd be interested in going to this. I assume this is the one you meant anyway :p

Kami-V

Smash Journeyman
I am willing to drive to the Medford tournament... I'm not sure if I will have the money and idk what my work schedule is like yet but I want to go.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Also shoutout to T!mmy and T0mmy for housing us monday night on our drive back up to WA from cali. Those waffles were too good

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
It was my pleasure. I had a lot of fun with you guys playing Melee again - I'm even thinking of picking it back up after all these years! I'll put some practice in to get the rust off my controller and see how things go.

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
so for those of you not going to the tournament this weekend, wanna play? i have a car so i can drive or people can come over to my place

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
It was my pleasure. I had a lot of fun with you guys playing Melee again - I'm even thinking of picking it back up after all these years! I'll put some practice in to get the rust off my controller and see how things go.
If you PM me a number or e-mail I'd like to get in touch to help with that

Thundercloud

Smash Journeyman
Sup guys.

Just moved to Hillsboro recently for work, but I don't know if I can leave smash behind. I rarely have time to play, but it'd be nice to do something once in a while.

Thundercloud

Smash Journeyman
Hah it's OK. I went airsofting with some co-workers. That crap HURTS SO MUCH. Got shot in the finger point-blank and drew blood.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
Hope you guys did well at the tourney, sorry had other stuff to take care of that day. I'd like to smash pretty soon you Eugene people, keep an eye on the phones :p

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Hey guys, so while I was at Genesis 2, I tried out the PAL version of Melee for the first time (we were staying at Sheridan's with some Melee players, including some French ones).

It actually makes sheik pretty cool, it's kinda funny though that unlike Dedede in Brawl, Sheik's tools are still super buff, which prevents other characters from doing well even without Sheik's Chaingrab :p

Oh yeah, and Ganon's fair's kinda dumb in PAL, so nerfed :\

OverLade

Smash Hero
Hey everyone. For those who don't know me, I'm RedHalberd/Halzy/Holiday, the 2nd ranked player in Florida in SSBB (I also play Melee, though I'm not ranked).

I'll be taking a road trip up to Oregon with my cousin, and will probably be in Portland for about a week before heading back to Florida. I'll be in the area from August 4th-ish to August 10th. Any tourneys/Smashfests happening during this time? I also play MvC3 competitively (I actually really good) so I'm down to play that as well.

Please let me know what's going on, especially brawlwise :)

The Jizzard

Smash Journeyman
anyone down to play tomorrow? i leave to go camping on wednesday and i think im gonna have tomorrow off work so i will be free (hopefully)

i for sure dont work today

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Red halberd, I've seen you around. You know the blood god right?

You'd be better off going to the oregon allisbrawl group. That's where brawl community hangs out. And I think there's a tournament in seattle the weekend you're up, so you could hitch on one of the carpools. At least there should be. Gameclucks is almost always the first weekend of the month. There are no tournaments planned in portland because of genesis and evo screwing up any planning, but if you want the oregon brawl scene, http://allisbrawl.com/group.aspx?id=35

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
^What Wad said, I hang around here but that's because I play some Melee, albeit badly (and host tourneys).

btw, speaking of which, if you guys want Melee to happen at Best Bout, make sure you let them know that you guys are available and that there's enough interest for it to happen!

AlienAllen

Smash Ace
When is the date of the next Best Bout? I am very interested in Best Bout if there is going to be Melee, but I can't guarantee my attendance unless I have a date. My brother and others would also be interested.

Edit: We should get a list of interested/confirmed people for Best Bout Melee to post on AllisBrawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom