• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The next Generation: Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The fact that both Japanese and French names point to Nymph and Sylveon pointing to Sylphs helps to validade the claim that Sylveon is a Flying-type.

The chart speculation isn't a very strong point since it could be a coincidence, but it's still a good observation.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
The chart speculation isn't a very strong point since it could be a coincidence, but it's still a good observation.
But when dealing with scraps of evidence, coincidence is something pretty big

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Where's the stream of pokemon info been? This is silent compared to what they've done before. Are we finally going to see Pokemon as a main stage thing at E3, Tokyo Gameshow, and other large gameshows? Is Nintendo finally going to make this one of their stage ponies as it always should have been?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Someone here in the SWF arena posted this:

Sounds like it's total bull, but still.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well, considering the fact that the games are being released worldwide on one date, I imagine English names are going to exist a lot earlier in the process this time around.

That said, I'm still not inclined to take the list very seriously, even though it's interesting to look at, if for no other reason than the fact that these sort of lists are always cropping up before a big Pokémon release and are rarely ever real.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Loving the names: Bubbaboom, Garbarge, Houndoomed, Cocojoe, Dogsnout, Flyby`nyte.

Will bet against for now, but gets extra points for having a Sableye evolution on there given the latest Movie 16 poster, but it's kinda surprising they got the names and the types but no pics/artwork. Either way we'll find out on the 15th according to this (which is actually around the time Corocoro comes out).

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Houndoomed almost sounds as weird as Klinklang. And the odd part is, I made a Houndoom evolution perspective the other day, and named it Mortihound.

Alberto1866

Smash Journeyman
I was the one that posted that, I got it from Pokemon Showdown

The only way I'm sure that those names will be legit is if they really do announce the pre-evolutions of pinsir and herracross

Though many of the typings and names are amazing Aquapollo(water chicken lol) Water/Fire
Im actually hoping this is real because of how awesome some of these Pokemon are, though would be disappointed about Sylveon.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Your sig made me smile.

Anywho, hoping this is fake apart from the dragon/fight type and dark/elecs...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Changes I want to the series.

I want pokemon to display EV added stats as Modifiers.

Such as: Attack 31 + 5

Also I wish they displayed IV's in some way

The fact that both Japanese and French names point to Nymph and Sylveon pointing to Sylphs helps to validade the claim that Sylveon is a Flying-type.

I suspect it's a new type, simply because the mystery around it's typing.

If it was flying...who would care if they revealed it's type? It's kind of stupid to hide it

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I don't know if anybody else has seen this, but Serebii has a picture up that shows the potential for a new Mewtwo form...

Personally, I'm really hoping this isn't true. I wish they wouldn't go back and mess with Pokemon that are loved. The new form looks hideous to me. It's like they inflated Mewtwo's head or something, it looks off-balance.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I don't know if anybody else has seen this, but Serebii has a picture up that shows the potential for a new Mewtwo form...

Personally, I'm really hoping this isn't true. I wish they wouldn't go back and mess with Pokemon that are loved. The new form looks hideous to me. It's like they inflated Mewtwo's head or something, it looks off-balance.
I think it's fake.

This is also being discussed in the SSB4 boards and another user pointed that one of the pictures has Cilan's head missing (being obscured by Mewtwo).

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I think it's fake.

This is also being discussed in the SSB4 boards and another user pointed that one of the pictures has Cilan's head missing (being obscured by Mewtwo).
That's a good point, though I can't tell if that's because the poster (or whatever that is) is folded over or something, because it looks pretty rustled up, and the rest of that area doesn't seem to match up with the piece directly above it.

I would have automatically assumed fake if it weren't posted on Serebii (they did admit it's a rumor, but Serebii only very rarely puts rumors up), and if Mewtwo weren't randomly being brought back to star in a movie. But I'm still erring on the side of fake and praying that they aren't going to mess him up, yeah.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Pokebeach did a good examination of both pics.

Not really sure what to think, been messing around on both Serebii's and Bulbapedia's forums but even they haven't found anything that really disproves it completely yet (so far only Deviant Art made after the original posting). Of course the movie trailer stating that we don't know the real Mewtwo yet as well as April Fools having been just the other day doesn't really help.

We can only wait until this weekend for Pokemon Smash, next week for Corocoro, or hope that some new evidence comes up.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Mewtwo forme was confirmed.

That is all.
I won't trust him. The "Ulti" part of his name means vomit or upside-down in Hindi, depending on context. :troll:

But as repeated above, it hasn't been confirmed yet.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
One of the Pokexperto guys says its real, aka the same guys that were there confirming the leaks for the Gen V starter images, posted art and silhouettes of Gen V Pokemon before release, had Gen V sprites up early, and had the Gen IV Pokemon Icons before release. Every single leak they've ever said or delivered for the past 7 years has been true. Too lazy to get link, go find it.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I won't trust him. The "Ulti" part of his name means vomit or upside-down in Hindi, depending on context. :troll:

But as repeated above, it hasn't been confirmed yet.
Mix both meanings and you have gravity defying vomit. There.

One of the Pokexperto guys says its real, aka the same guys that were there confirming the leaks for the Gen V starter images, posted art and silhouettes of Gen V Pokemon before release, had Gen V sprites up early, and had the Gen IV Pokemon Icons before release. Every single leak they've ever said or delivered for the past 7 years has been true. Too lazy to get link, go find it.
Unless this rumor is confirmed by Nintendo, Game Freak, TPC or other reliable sources, I won't buy it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
The pokexperto guy also said that the games will have 45 legendaries, the option of becoming a gym leader, a researcher and an assasin. And that you have to steal a pokémon from an old man at one point.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
One of them actually works for Gamefreak.

Take that into consideration.
Where's your source and evidence? I see nothing... am I blind or something?

The pokexperto guy also said that the games will have 45 legendaries, the option of becoming a gym leader, a researcher and an assasin. And that you have to steal a pokémon from an old man at one point.
Is this what? Pokémon Theft Auto?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
It was talked about in the Mewtwo thread iirc. So, a link should be there. The page is in Spanish, so you probably won't need Google translate.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It was talked about in the Mewtwo thread iirc. So, a link should be there. The page is in Spanish, so you probably won't need Google translate.
Oh that. I've seen it, yes. It was pretty bad from what I could read. I mean REALLY bad.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Here's a link to that site FalKoopa mentioned. It is in Spanish but I will provide a more or less accurate translation.
https://plus.google.com/ pokexperto/posts

Get ready for a good read, because the wording used is HILARIOUS.

"A mystical and ultra secret source has revealed us a few hours ago new details on the next Pokémon X and Y games. [The next phrase I couldn't translate, but they mention that they're publishing it as a rumor.]

1- The characters will be called Paco and Antonia [funnily enough, both are Spanish names]. You can't change their names, but you can dress them in sexy clothes. [This part made me lol]

2- There will be 169 new Pokémon. Of them, at least 45 will be legendary.

3- We will at last see an evolution or new form of Mewtwo, popularly known as Mewthree. [The next phrase I didn't understand, so here's a Google Translation: It has the longest tail still, could be linked with the name of the editions.]

[From here on, it only gets better...]

4- You start in Paris. You're no typical little child [niño means boy, but since you can choose the character's gender, I chose a gender neutral word] that happily starts his/her Pokémon adventure, as you will have to make your way between the "drug cartels" [malos barrios literally means evil/bad neighborhoods, so I went a little creative, but I hope you still get the idea...]. You first Pokémon, you steal it from an ancient by decapitating him. Next, you believe to be a supermayor and think that playing Pokémon is cool. [Funnily enough, the words supermayor and cool were exactly in that text]
It seems that they have made the game a sandbox, like GTA.

5- You can be a Gym Leader, a member of Team Plasta [what?], army general, superman, Pokémon Professor, smuggler, kamikaze, assassin and even a Pokémon Trainer. [This part was ridiculous]

6- There are evolutions and pre-evolutions of older Pokémon, like Lucario and Scizor, who are begging for them to happen [in this last part of the phrase, I was a little creative when translating, but attempted to keep the general meaning].

7- They announced fourth evolution stages: Garchomp could evolve to make a small hole in the competitive game. [The Garchomp statement was likely an idiomatic expression, so I translated it literally, but I believe the meaning wasn't completely lost].

8- StreetPass mode will be used to randomly trade Pokémon with trainers on the street. No Pokémon is safe and you may lose your perfect Pokémon with EVs, egg moves, tutor moves, at level 100, winner of the last worldwide VGC, and in exchange receive a Level 12 Barboach with Mud Sport [had to check Bulbapedia here. :p] and with the nickname Faloach. Game Freak always wants to troll a little, you know.

9- At last, the genetics [theme] suggested by the Japanese logos translates in one Pokémon laboratory with a crazy professor who creates a Magikarp, incorporating in it Machoke arms and Galvantula eyes. It is not known its finality.

That's all for now. This information is 101% authentic, was proven and you will have to believe, like the other rumors on the Internet these days."

I don't even know what to say. This is absolutely ridiculous.
But it was fun to translate this, so that everyone here can understand. :laugh:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
5- Team Plasta [what?]
He probably mistyped Team Plasma.

All in all, that was hilarious. I'd venture that parts of that are true of course, to throw people off who think it's all fake (new pre evolutions, more customizable storyline based on choices, possibly a new Mewtwo). The StreetPass mode could be true but if so it would be optional for sure. Garchomp 4th evo is a bit far fetched and the crazy professor is believable (there was something similar in Pokemon XD). The rest of it like decapitating an old person, having 45 legendaries, and not being able to change player names... rubbish.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
8- StreetPass mode will be used to randomly trade Pokémon with trainers on the street. No Pokémon is safe and you may lose your perfect Pokémon with EVs, egg moves, tutor moves, at level 100, winner of the last worldwide VGC, and in exchange receive a Level 12 Barboach with Mud Sport [had to check Bulbapedia here. :p] and with the nickname Faloach. Game Freak always wants to troll a little, you know.
That would be really stupid if true. Most people would just leave streetpass off in that case

I think it's fake.

If you look closely, it's folded

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Huh, Mewtwo is still a pretty dominate force. It'll be interesting to see how they could possibly improve on it. The new form is smaller, which would leand to stats being placed on Speed and Special Attack, but that would serve as largely irrelevant given that Mewtwo already outspeeds and 2HKOs exactly what it needs to. It would be even more irrelevant if it came at the cost of Mewtwo's half decent bulk.

A signature move, unless outstanding and game changing, also wouldn't make the assumed loss of bulk meaningful. The only potential thing I could even think of is some crazy priority move, but I can't see a Psychic priorty move being all too useful in the current enviroment.

The only place you can make a meaningful improvement on Mewtwo without changing its BST (since its a form) would be in the ability department. With an ability more well suited for its job, this new Mewtwo could potentially carve its own niche.

Top Bottom