• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The next Generation: Pokemon X and Y confirmed

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I caught a shiny graveler in horde mode luckily, with them knowing magnitude and the shiny having rock head...
Rock Head is pretty much useless on Golem if it can't learn Head Smash though. Sure there's Double-Edge, but Earthquake and Stone Edge deal more damage with STAB.

Besides, in most cases, Golem is better off having the Sturdy ability.

and the Wi-Fi battles are a lot easier with the hacking gone but now people are abusing the no legendary restriction being lifted...
It did suck, knowing that you couldn't use any uber leveled legendaries in a random Wi-Fi battle. On the other hand, if ubers are allowed, you can't even do one match without running into a Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Rayquaza, or even Kyurem.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Rock Head is pretty much useless on Golem if it can't learn Head Smash though. Sure there's Double-Edge, but Earthquake and Stone Edge deal more damage with STAB.

Besides, in most cases, Golem is better off having the Sturdy ability.

It did suck, knowing that you couldn't use any uber leveled legendaries in a random Wi-Fi battle. On the other hand, if ubers are allowed, you can't even do one match without running into a Mewtwo, Ho-oh, Rayquaza, or even Kyurem.
at least i can change its ability to sturdy and have it be useful...

and with legendaries being able to be used it's going to have to be a standard for Wi-Fi teams to have a mega, status changing moves like nuzzle, and/or use of a legendary to compensate other players using them...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
and with legendaries being able to be used it's going to have to be a standard for Wi-Fi teams to have a mega, status changing moves like nuzzle, and/or use of a legendary to compensate other players using them...
You could still use normal legendaries though. There are often major differences between normal legendaries, event legendaries, and uber legendaries.

[collapse="Normal Legendaries"]Articuno
Zapdos
Moltres
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Latias
Latios
Uxie
Mesprit
Azelf
Heatran
Regigigas
Cresselia
Cobalion
Terrakion
Virizion
Tornadus
Thundurus
Landorus[/collapse]
[collapse="Event Legendaries"]Mew
Celebi
Jirachi
Deoxys
Phione (legendary status has been disputed)
Manaphy
Darkrai
Shaymin
Arceus
Keldeo
Meloetta
Genesect[/collapse]
[collapse="Uber Legendaries"]Mewtwo
Lugia
Ho-oh
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Dialga
Palkia
Giratina
Reshiram
Zekrom
Kyurem[/collapse]

Considering that the legendary restrictions are non-existent now, event legendaries and uber legendaries will pretty much spread like wildfire, just like back in Battle Revolution.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
at least when pokemon bank becomes available the only legendaries that will be used are the ones that are available in game. once it is out or if they come out via event Wi-Fi is going to get a lot tougher

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792

It took raising a second team (which would have been my last attempt, as I had no more Pokemon), but I finished my Nuzlocke. My second team was Swalot, Dragalge, Reuniclus, Snorlax, and Ursaring. Snorlax and Ursaring were the only two to survive.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Now that Low Sweep has a higher base power, you can't take advantage of Technician for that attack anymore; that pretty much sucks for Ambipom, who now has to stick with Low Kick, but Low Kick doesn't get the Technician boost against anything that weighs over 110 lbs..

At least Breloom can still rely on Force Palm for its Fighting-type STAB and Technician boost.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Great news! Nintendo has acknowledged the Lumiose City game breaking bug and are working on a patch to fix it. They recommend to not save in the outside area of Lumiose City, instead saving inside any of the buildings of the city.

Serebii.net said:
12:26: Nintendo have issued a press release about the Lumiose City save bug, where the game can glitch out if you save in the boulevards of Lumiose City. They issued a map of where not to save, indicated by the blue gradient, and have stated that they are working on a fix and recommend saving in the buildings of Lumiose City if you have to save in the city at all
[collapse="Map of Lumiose City with the glitched areas that Nintendo released"]
[/collapse]

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
got my first shiny today!

On a semi-related note, if anyone wants a level 1 scyther with a specific gender/ability/nature in mind, send me a PM! I've got 4 boxes of the guys and I'll be wonder trading them come monday!

john!

Smash Hero
i don't know if this happened in previous generations, but pokemon get it ON in this game

i can get an egg, bike once along the daycare route, and by the time i get back there's another egg waiting for me

mood4food77

Smash Hero
you could before, it's random

i remember i got 5 eggs in a matter of 30 seconds in platinum, it was literally leave the area and turn back and BAM, another egg

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I caught a Sawsbuck! :D

I'm curious to see how it changes forms since there are no seasons. It's using the Spring form.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I caught a Sawsbuck! :D

I'm curious to see how it changes forms since there are no seasons. It's using the Spring form.
Where did you catch it? Friend Safari?

And I'm also curious on how to change its form in this game, since this generation removed the seasons, which is a bit disappointing in my opinion.

D

Deleted member

I just beat it. The game wasn't hard at all as I overpowered nearly all of my opponents by 10 levels high. (the first gym was the hardest) I think the reason for this is that the EXP Share affects all Pokemon instead of just one, so you never find yourself level grinding for a gym leader.

This is probably one of the best games that I have ever played. While I am disappointed that it wasn't so stroy-driven like Black and White was, I still really enjoyed it. It doesn't change the formula, but why should it be changed? If it isn't broken, don't fix it. The new additions they made to the gameplay made it fresh throughout.

It was just... amazing. Simple amazing. Bravo Game Freak. You seriously did make one truly deep, immersive, and fun game.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
So I bought this game, and I honestly really love it. It's so very different from the other pokemon games, it's like Im playing an actual new Pokemon game rather than just "The next version of pokemon RBY" I like pretty much every change they've made both aesthetically and gameplay wise. I love the designs of most of the new pokemon(though the starters are pretty much ass, save for greninja) I like the Steel and Dragon nerfs lol

I also like that the first and only Axew i caught turned out to be a Jolly 31/31/31/20/21/21 Axew lmao.

Also doublade. Im in love with this pokemon. Why would they let something like this have access to eviolite? It's just lols.

IC3R

Smash Lord
Greninja is incredible, both in design and competitive value. Easily my newest favorite Pokemon.

Also, it turns out I'm not dead after all :)

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Well now, this turned out to be a very odd morning.

In other news, this really weird Shuppet hunting I'm doing (thanks to TRG, who has Ghost as his Friend Safari thing) has shown me that there is no repeating name in the 27 Club! Don't know what the 27 Club is? Look it up on Wikipedia.

...basically Banette is one of my favorite Pokemon ever and I want a shiny of it, and I decided that to keep myself from getting bored while looking for one I would spend the time catching Shuppets and naming them all after members of the 27 Club (by first name in particular, because there's something creepier about using someone's first name). I believe I only have 12 left of the 45. Them all having Curse kinda messes with my ability to catch them. x.x

I wouldn't be at all surprised if I end up clocking more hours into this than I did with Diamond. It's so good.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Where did you catch it? Friend Safari?

And I'm also curious on how to change its form in this game, since this generation removed the seasons, which is a bit disappointing in my opinion.

Yeap. And both of them have flawless IVs in 2-3 stats too.

Anyone know if they're a Normal type for Friend Safari? I DESPERATELY need Dittos with perfect IVs for my breeding. No fair how others are getting them :(

They're so ahead.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Yeap. And both of them have flawless IVs in 2-3 stats too.

Anyone know if they're a Normal type for Friend Safari? I DESPERATELY need Dittos with perfect IVs for my breeding. No fair how others are getting them :(

They're so ahead.
You can find Dittos on the Pokémon Village. Unless you want a Ditto with perfect IVs...

I have a theory on how to change Deerling and Sawsbuck's forms. Perhaps it can change to Autumn form on Routes 15 and 16 (where you can catch Pumpkaboo) or to the Winter form on the icy areas.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Yeah, I need dittos with perfect IVs. I found two in the village out of like 10 or so. That took me an hour to do. I'd be saving more time if they were in the safari.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I got a Modest Mewtwo in Y with 31/21/7/31/31/21 IV's. So, so so so close to being amazing, if it wasn't for that def IV.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
mega mewtwo y has great speed, you need MORE POWER to make that **** work

the only thing that really stops it is sucker punch
Still, most Pokemon with base speed stats over 100 may want to utilize +Speed natures to help them outrun as many opponents as possible. A Jolly Weavile easily outspeeds Mega Mewtwo Y if it's not using a +Speed nature.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
found another shiny this one being geodude which is ironic since i find graveler as a shiny before but unfortunately it got knocked out thanks to magnitude :(

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LOL, people were complaining about Goomy evolving at level 70

without grinding, I'm level 70 before the 8th gym

Edit: Seriously!?!

Blastoise gets Mega Launcher but doesn't learn ANY of the moves except Water Pulse but Clawitzer gets ALL the moves!?!?

WTF even give Blastoise Mega Launcher?

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Blastoise gets all the mega launcher abusable moves via egg

Sluggoo evolves at level 50, it just has to be in the rain to do so. It took them 20 levels too long to figure that out.

Also I didn't even have a level 50 entering the E4. You're grinding.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Blastoise gets all the mega launcher abusable moves via egg

Sluggoo evolves at level 50, it just has to be in the rain to do so. It took them 20 levels too long to figure that out.

Also I didn't even have a level 50 entering the E4. You're grinding.
Yeah, I found that out after I wrote that

NO ONE had his egg moves listed except Smogon

and if I was grinding, it wasn't intentionally grinding

(I've been on vacation for a week, I'm kind of behind in regards to pokemon)

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
LOL, people were complaining about Goomy evolving at level 70

without grinding, I'm level 70 before the 8th gym

Edit: Seriously!?!

Blastoise gets Mega Launcher but doesn't learn ANY of the moves except Water Pulse but Clawitzer gets ALL the moves!?!?

WTF even give Blastoise Mega Launcher?
Lvl 70 before gym 8 is definitely grinding. I've battled literally every trainer I've come up against and JUST reached the E4 and my highest level pokemon is lvl 67.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Lvl 70 before gym 8 is definitely grinding. I've battled literally every trainer I've come up against and JUST reached the E4 and my highest level pokemon is lvl 67.
I seriously didn't do what I usually do and go into grass and just fighting pokemon for hours

If I was grinding, it was extremely casual grinding.

Usually I don't get to level 70 until the elite 4 and I grind at victory road for hours

I got lost in a few areas I guess, and I never run away from wild pokemon but I didn't purposely go and fight them

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I never use repels

But I didn't purposely fight pokemon either

Edit: I wasn't trying to do a challenge run

All I'm saying is without trying I'm level 70 at the 8th gym

It's a lot easier to level in this game

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
My weakest Pokemon was level 71 at the Champion. Strongest was 82. Granted I only used 4 Pokemon and never ran from a wild pokemon ever and used exp. share. I'm usually dead even or at the most 5 levels higher so this was definitely different lmao.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Not using repels =/= grinding lol. Grinding would be sitting in grass trying to train up your Pokemon that are behind. Going from plot point A to plot point B without a repel is not grinding. :|

EXP share made it way easier to level, and there was like no reason to turn it off unless you wanted to challenge yourself or you wanted to catch a Pokemon up to the rest of your team. I was easily 6+ levels above each leader with a team of 5 without grinding whatsoever. :|

Top Bottom