• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yo you guys need to say Melee stuff.

K I'll start

What do people think of modern dash dance uses or innovative movement tricks?

or

platform things

or

what's a cool combo you did the other day

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i did a double hit of nair into fair into fair on theos falcon yesterday. it was pretty cool.

i keep trying shield drops, but i keep failing. i need to get better at it. it's so useful.

dash dancing makes characters not named ganon fun, but it's important not to "fall asleep" while doing it.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Yo you guys need to say Melee stuff.

K I'll start

What do people think of modern dash dance uses or innovative movement tricks?

or

platform things

or

what's a cool combo you did the other day
People have set patterns for the length of their dash dance that really prevents them from doing anything useful with it... they need to learn a wider spacing and to move more with it rather than just dash dancing into another dimension for no reason

They also need to think about the fact that they sometimes have exploitable patterns... like if u don't do anything they will do 3 dash dances before coming in with a nair... a lot of foxes i play are like megaman bosses

For platform stuff... people don't camp the top platform against puff... but i guess they play lame enough against puff already so its whatever. Bones is a falco in MD that i play with sometimes and he can consistently shield drop and that really allows him to punish things that most people can't... like a ****ing marth underneath you

People are finally starting to angle their shield down while on platforms, but i think the offense hasn't caught up... not enough marths try to jump up and nair to shield poke (since they are angling down), or trying to just waveland and grab them... marth's are just lazy as **** and take an uptilt that won't do ****. Of course you can angle the shield up with their jump and stuff oos to stop that **** but no one does that now lol

As for combos... i've been inventing random **** with the characters since doing the same old **** is boring as ****.... so i have the Mahone with fox: weak bair to shine offstage against fox and falco... i don't think it works if they shine you but most of the time they side b and it hits

Then there is the Mahone with falco: weak bair to side-b offstage.. that one requires some weird di but ive hit it sometimes and then they just meteor cancel and i get *****

And then i have my puff combos that don't actually suck, but i don't wanna share those secrets because it will be funnier when i do them in tourney

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
i did a double hit of nair into fair into fair on theos falcon yesterday. it was pretty cool.

i keep trying shield drops, but i keep failing. i need to get better at it. it's so useful.

dash dancing makes characters not named ganon fun, but it's important not to "fall asleep" while doing it.
Lol that's pretty ****.

I have to work on shield dropping myself. KEEP FORGETTING FOR SO LONG BLAH.

People have set patterns for the length of their dash dance that really prevents them from doing anything useful with it... they need to learn a wider spacing and to move more with it rather than just dash dancing into another dimension for no reason

They also need to think about the fact that they sometimes have exploitable patterns... like if u don't do anything they will do 3 dash dances before coming in with a nair... a lot of foxes i play are like megaman bosses

For platform stuff... people don't camp the top platform against puff... but i guess they play lame enough against puff already so its whatever. Bones is a falco in MD that i play with sometimes and he can consistently shield drop and that really allows him to punish things that most people can't... like a ****ing marth underneath you

People are finally starting to angle their shield down while on platforms, but i think the offense hasn't caught up... not enough marths try to jump up and nair to shield poke (since they are angling down), or trying to just waveland and grab them... marth's are just lazy as **** and take an uptilt that won't do ****. Of course you can angle the shield up with their jump and stuff oos to stop that **** but no one does that now lol

As for combos... i've been inventing random **** with the characters since doing the same old **** is boring as ****.... so i have the Mahone with fox: weak bair to shine offstage against fox and falco... i don't think it works if they shine you but most of the time they side b and it hits

Then there is the Mahone with falco: weak bair to side-b offstage.. that one requires some weird di but ive hit it sometimes and then they just meteor cancel and i get *****

And then i have my puff combos that don't actually suck, but i don't wanna share those secrets because it will be funnier when i do them in tourney
Lmfao megaman bosses. Great way to describe that and I totally agree.

Wow I'm doing FH falling Uair to reverse screw with their shield angling I guess I'm going too far with it lol. Shame Marths haven't started doing that Nair to beat angled shields though they need to learn that S. Marth needs to be smart fuuuu

Haha the weak Bair stuff is sick. I'm doing lots of weak moves to moves with Fox and that guy is so fast it all seems to work lmao.

I need to play Falco more <.<

And yeah puff secrets.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I made a few consecutive hits the other day.

Highlight of the night for me.

Did you win?

No.

Mahone

Smash Champion
Lol that's pretty ****.

I have to work on shield dropping myself. KEEP FORGETTING FOR SO LONG BLAH.

Lmfao megaman bosses. Great way to describe that and I totally agree.

Wow I'm doing FH falling Uair to reverse screw with their shield angling I guess I'm going too far with it lol. Shame Marths haven't started doing that Nair to beat angled shields though they need to learn that S. Marth needs to be smart fuuuu

Haha the weak Bair stuff is sick. I'm doing lots of weak moves to moves with Fox and that guy is so fast it all seems to work lmao.

I need to play Falco more <.<

And yeah puff secrets.
puff secrets man.... people don't know

wait what character are you talking about when you say you do FH falling Uair?

0Room

Smash Lord

This is something I need to work on
DDing with a purpose
I don't really have an issue with getting locked into one distance of DD

I have the opposite problem
of knowing how long I can dash without getting the long turn around
So I remember getting chased by PP's Falcon with a nair
and I turned around because that was the end of my DD :facepalm:

As far as weakbair->shine, it works
Dark does that **** all the time in his video if you've watched that

edit;
How do you shield drop without having shielded as soon as you hit the platform?

0Room

Smash Lord
Btw which way are we talking about
There's the whole "roll it 3/4 of the way down"

and the "shield as soon as you hit a platform, then press down as normal"

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
All day errday

Though if SoVA had officially released a PR I would've been ranked #4. But, time passes on and people find gayer things with there characters while I sit there and Dtilt.. hoping for the best...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Thank you so much for the shout out!
Thought you were still mad at me? Was trying to avoid a situation <.<

Probably too late at this point LOL my bad

Ganon is low tier, what are you talking about! =(
Ganon is good stop being silly LOL.

PS Ganon can combo well or cool you just gotta think outside the box sometimes.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
What box might that be, the warrior box? Hey if Ganon was actually good, you would see other players actually be able to use him properly.. but everytime I see someone else use him I laugh my *** off lol. I saw M2k's Ganon for example.. omg! lol.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
What box might that be, the warrior box? Hey if Ganon was actually good, you would see other players actually be able to use him properly.. but everytime I see someone else use him I laugh my *** off lol. I saw M2k's Ganon for example.. omg! lol.
I'll train my Ganon up some and would be content to demonstrate some things to you at Apex or whatever we're at next. =)

Top Bottom