• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
I hear that LOL.

I If was the commentator I would have said sarcastically "Shooter (mango) from the sand... Playing like he really wants that jacket!" lol

:phone:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
What Moo said.

I'm pretty interested in what the rankings will be and I'm the one helping work on them haha so I'll try not to keep anyone waiting. =)

lord karn

Smash Master
maybe if you didn't let them pull so many turnips....

or just catch them. isn't marth pretty good at that?
that's not the point. . . the point is that regardless of any situation they are getting an advantage purely because of luck, and that bothers me. Also, I don't really let peaches pull that many turnips, at least in singles. I just got unlucky.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i guess my point is that even after they pull the stitch, the ball is still in your court. unless they really use it perfectly, you can catch it, dodge it, or zair it in the right situations.

the only frustrating part about stitches to me is being on a tv where you can't tell the faces. that happened to me a few times in friendlies where neither me nor the peach playing (probably moo) knew that it was a stitch, and i took it to the face like a normal turnip and all the sudden BOOM no DI dead off the side lol. that's usually a pretty "wtf luck" moment.

lord karn

Smash Master
i guess my point is that even after they pull the stitch, the ball is still in your court. unless they really use it perfectly, you can catch it, dodge it, or zair it in the right situations.

the only frustrating part about stitches to me is being on a tv where you can't tell the faces. that happened to me a few times in friendlies where neither me nor the peach playing (probably moo) knew that it was a stitch, and i took it to the face like a normal turnip and all the sudden BOOM no DI dead off the side lol. that's usually a pretty "wtf luck" moment.
Regardless of what my options are, they are still in a better situation with the stitch face, and it's purely because of luck. And when peach pulls a turnip facing left, you can't see the face on the turnip. This is what happened to me at Kingsmoot. David was at like 150%, I was at like 70. While he is pulling a turnip I run at him and nair. He throws the turnip like I expect and my nair should go through it and hit him. Oops, nope, stitch face has more priority and just straight up kills me. :( Am I supposed to never nair in that situation just because 1/35 times it will kill me? No, statistically I made by far the best choice. I lost just because of luck.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
that's not the point. . . The point is that regardless of any situation they are getting an advantage purely because of luck, and that bothers me. Also, i don't really let peaches pull that many turnips, at least in singles. I just got unlucky.
it ain't luck *****. probability son.

one in three hundred.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I don't let Peach pull turnips that's a death maneuva

Also when is the next Melee event? I wanna plan for ittttt

I'd host but you know I live in lolby

0Room

Smash Lord
I don't let Peach pull turnips that's a death maneuva

Also when is the next Melee event? I wanna plan for ittttt

I'd host but you know I live in lolby
I've got a lot to do as far as figuring out smash bros club here and stuff
But when I get that sorted out I'll let you know

If you wanna come up here for a weekend/us go down there for a day or two let me know, we could totally house you and stuff

if I qualify for the rankings I'd prefer you to not even list me. Thanks.
Dorsey, are you here at ASU?
I remember you saying something about it last year but I haven't heard back from you.

lord karn

Smash Master
it ain't luck *****. probability son.

one in three hundred.
but. . . it's still luck. I don't care what the probability is, it still sucks to get hit by a stitch face.

Yes, I may have let stingers pull too many turnips in doubles, but I definitely didn't let David pull very many in singles when I played him.

Moophobia

Smash Champion
I love getting shine spiked for trying to pull a turnip or having one shined back to me and killing me or it getting caught or me just straight up missing. I guess it is luck if I ever hit with one >.>

:phone:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
how did u find out about that
Yay told me him and Mike G used a strategy involving the timer and 3 other Peaches were on FD with him pulling turnips and Mike G got waaaaaay more stuff than the other guys. Yay wouldn't tell me what it was though <.<

yeh you pull more turnips in a match.

bat.
Lol those knees are gonna feel good

Mahone

Smash Champion
Can anyone hang out this weekend... it doesn't look like there is a tournament, but i would love to come down and play some melee :)

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
If you can come to my house or maybe Charlotte(housing willing) then I'd play Melee with you and Twitch would too. =)

We gettin srs in shelby so it's a good place to be right now.

Top Bottom