• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

TheLake

Smash Master
Hey hey hey now GOTM beat me at smashtastrophe...both of em ^_>

I vote myself to be on the top 10, rep butler on the panel, and to overall being a beast

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Well assuming LK is gone (he may not be mind you) who gets 10 spot?

I don't think roykid, chocobo, or yayo are eligible from Philly.

Does Pitts have anyone noteworthy who is eligible?

All I can think of is Chibo vs UltimaScout.

GOTM

Smash Champion
that kid harm is a beast though, the only thing is i remember him entering stash 1, but did he even enter stash 2? thats like no where near the required amount to rank someone

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
lk was at one tunes biweekly really early in the summer, thats it

im the next in line to be on the list.

is the list still going to be based on ALL tourney results over this crazy long period, or is there going to be any emphasis on recent activity and events?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
sorry, typed too fast without really thinking. lol

i more meant i should be the next one on the list
i mean in all reality, who else is there?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
slayer is far too inactive. whats the last thing uv been at besides cot3 crews? however, i forgot about vex. thats interesting...

xyt

Smash Lord
I assume Zig-Zag is also considered inactive?..

As far as pittsburgh players go, besides Evan and the guys already on rankings
i think TheLake or Vudu would probably be runner-up.. just imo.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
dead-aim should be ten

I think he is comparable to shiek/d20/gotm he lacks any kind of track record other than 2-0'ing gotm in pitts(correct me if im wrong) but Im super impressed and believe without a doubt he should be 10. he got 1 stock away from beating me in a MM 5 days ago(fox vs samus VERY LEGIT no self destructs or anything). game 3 last stocks high percents the whole nine

I think it should be between dead-aim and chibo but thats just me. I dunno where vex came from

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
is dead aim harm?

also, had d20 been to anything since tash2? cause if lk is on the verge of being inactive, then so is he

D20

Smash Lord
Yes, dead-aim is HARM is Evan.

No, I have not attended any tournaments since Smashtastrophe II. However, I'm going to a tournament in Ohio this weekend. I've still been active in the community, and I attended plenty of tournaments in the ranking period being discussed.

Scar

#HarveyDent
harm is pretty dipset, the lake was impressive last time i saw him play even though i ***** the balls off him, vudu is gonna be up there eventually... gotm >> vex at this point. sry xzax <3 you

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yes, dead-aim is HARM is Evan.

No, I have not attended any tournaments since Smashtastrophe II. However, I'm going to a tournament in Ohio this weekend. I've still been active in the community, and I attended plenty of tournaments in the ranking period being discussed.
well what constitutes the ranking period. if they are going to keep getting delayed then more people will have more chances to go to tournies. for instance, if rankings were made tonight, then both d20 and lk would be considered inactive. but since they wont and itl prob take longer then this weekend, hes all of a sudden active again from this one tourny?

tash 2 was like in march or april. we should look at the results then and make a hypothetical rankings based if they were done then, then make a second set as of now if the tournies considered were after tash 2 till now. have both lists up for x amount of time, then take the older one down and continue on with life as we should be doing rankings every like 3 months

Scar

#HarveyDent
I agree, this period has been awful, this list is prob just gonna be crap and we should all focus on meeting the 3 tourney requirement by the time late November comes around.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I agree, this period has been awful, this list is prob just gonna be crap and we should all focus on meeting the 3 tourney requirement by the time late November comes around.
so do u mean attend 3 new tournies from now till the end of nov to do rankings based on new updated results and everything else be defunct?

not a bad idea

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Lord Knight is ranked below SwiftBass and Scar? :confused:

Didn't Lord Knight do tons of amazing things this season and always beat Scar? I recall Lord Knight beating Sensei, Jman, Scar, HBK, NEO, and others this season.

TheLake

Smash Master
harm is pretty dipset, the lake was impressive last time i saw him play even though i ***** the balls off him, vudu is gonna be up there eventually... gotm >> vex at this point. sry xzax <3 you
*rubs balls* It hurt....

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ok so in brawl news, brawl pa rankings are being made now.

we have a hypothetical rankings list made, and have forwarded it onto our scranton representative for opinions.

im actually pretty pleased with it, there was some surprises when going through all of the results

Renth

Smash Hero
here's my list:

1. me
1. javi
1. D20
1. Cactuar
1. Scar
1. Pakman
1. LK
1. Javi
1. GOTM
1. triad
1. taki
1. mogWAI
1. bass
1. ultimatescrotum
1. SHEIK
1. m2k
1. renth
1. HARM
1. idk, magus420
2. non-TSA New Jersey

screw you, dumpster state!
hmm... i haven't played much of anyone in PA in a long time.. i'll MM anyone who's on this list once i get a car.

coolest player ever to quit smash IMO is ffrost.

I met FFrost at Zachs house mad chill guy.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
Well thats a tough arguement. I love GOTM(no homo) hes awesomne and funny and a great melee player but vex has beat him, outplaced him, ect. So idc what you guys do but i was making a suggestion

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
What is making this so hard? Scar's list from pre-smashtality 4 was accurate and smashtality 4 was supposed to be used to fix the questionable placings. I think Taki's list is pretty good.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Lord Knight is ranked below SwiftBass and Scar? :confused:

Didn't Lord Knight do tons of amazing things this season and always beat Scar? I recall Lord Knight beating Sensei, Jman, Scar, HBK, NEO, and others this season.
He beat me 1v1 but I outplaced him at many of the same tournaments, furthermore I have placed top 5 in every tournament I've been to in the past 6 months, most of which have been 2nd and 3rd, a consistency that LK never showed even in previous years.

Swift has also improved A LOT in the past few months, and it is very much the opinion of the West PA players that he deserves the number 3 spot.

He is a tremendous player and I never ever want to face him 1v1 but this period the majority of the panel placed him 4th.

TGPAdmin

Smash Ace
hmmm i forgot that had melee. but thats quite a lot of events in one day. lol melee and brawl singles and doubles and 64 in one day? its impossible. it really is lol. maybe some of us should go? car pool anyone?
The Brawl and Melee portions of the event are going to be run in seperate sections with different setups concurrently, Mow will be there to help out with running the events, we have done this many times before and it has worked out fine.

Hope to see lots of you there!!!!

Nick

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The Brawl and Melee portions of the event are going to be run in seperate sections with different setups concurrently, Mow will be there to help out with running the events, we have done this many times before and it has worked out fine.

Hope to see lots of you there!!!!

Nick
ouch, if i attend then i have to play both games tourney style at the same time -_- lol

Top Bottom