• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NW Thread Next Fest 9th September !!!! BACK IN BUSINESS !!!

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
Then get better...
If you don't think your good enough..going to these fests will help you get better..alot faster.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
That's a bit daft Wireframe, your reason for quitting smash was a bit... Odd. I mean, What do you mean by surpased? Everyones been playing for about the same amount of time as you in WOC and you can have a period of time where you don't progress as fast as others.

I don't quite understand what you mean by "Superased you so much that you can't catch up" I bet they haven't and your just having bad luck, or your just not progresasing fast enough to keep up, but keep trying is all I can say.

Theres no need to quit smash, just try to catch up and all will go well.

Don't quit smash, keep trying.

Experiance goes along way, everyone just may have better matchup experiances than you. Just learn the game better? :)

You don't become pro in a few months. Anyone will tell you that.

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
Kieran has the ability to become pro in mere months aswell...my greatness rubs of on him. We just sandbag alot tbh.

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
Didn't mean this post..
I'll make it relevant somehow...
I know, My bro def won't be comin to this anymore -family issues-, my friend (sean) is coming to this as far as i know, And i think wer arrivin on the friday?, Aiko that's up to you lol

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
Practice then, your not going to be able to beat everyone all the time. When you play someone watch how they play, and learn from your mistakes...don't play to win play to learn.

P.Vanity

Smash Ace
Lol utitls rock...Shiek's, Fox's, Falco's, Mario's, Marth's
Cant think who else though.
(i knowy had directed that at wireframe with falco's utilt but after you said that i realised that lol)

J03

Smash Master
wireframe: all aside then nj's. if your sick of losing then you shouldnt play any game against others at a pro level. everyone loses all the time. i lose to zeppo in the same way zeppo loses to EK who loses to amsah. your not no1 in the world, so get the **** over it mate. you lose a few games to BB and sulk and sont wanna play anymore. BB is better then you, your going to lose to him. so get over itand try to beat him untill you do. if you lose then try harder NUFF SAID. if you cant be ***** improving then quit now.

end offf

get over it

nj's

!!!

COEY

Smash Lord
Think i will be arriving saturday, depends i mean my plan atm is to get J03 to tipper me and i will Euro DI it hopefully enough to get somewhere near liverpool. Failing that i will pay the **** train fair *sulks*

Wireframe

Smash Apprentice
wireframe: all aside then nj's. if your sick of losing then you shouldnt play any game against others at a pro level. everyone loses all the time. i lose to zeppo in the same way zeppo loses to EK who loses to amsah. your not no1 in the world, so get the **** over it mate. you lose a few games to BB and sulk and sont wanna play anymore. BB is better then you, your going to lose to him. so get over itand try to beat him untill you do. if you lose then try harder NUFF SAID. if you cant be ***** improving then quit now.

end offf

get over it

nj's

!!!
I am seriously thinking of quitting and you're helping me to decide.
Screw you jo3
You don't lose consistantly so it's easy for you to preach and chat ****
Try looking from a different perspective for a change hmm?

Though you are right in some respects, why bother continuing to play a game i suck at?

Wireframe

Smash Apprentice
Lol that is ridiculous!:laugh:

The only way to stop losing is to practice, if u keep this mentality ur gonna quit every game u lay ur hands on!
I speedrun RE games at pro level and i don't suck at that, ask bb or aiko.

And achieving the fastest times on them are VERY competetive.

Aiko

Smash Champion
there are always exceptions. and wireframe isn't one of them.

it takes hard work, dedication and sticking it through times like this that make you stronger.

Wireframe

Smash Apprentice
I can't believe you of all people are preaching to me about dedication, you know what i've been through so don't even start.
I gave up my sleep for this game :@

Aiko

Smash Champion
you cant just put time into it. you need to work on games with other people, and that is where your attitude fails. dedication isn't just about solo practice, forgoing sleep. its how you perceive the game when you play with other people and how to improve your weaknesses.

you also expect to completely pwn me after a good training session where you improve your combos and stuff. well i'm afraid every smasher here is just like you, we all want to be the best, so if you're gonna stop us, then stop taking the piss and expecting it will be a walk in the park.

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
Well Chris, tbh I'm not even sad to see you quit. (if you do). you just have a bad attitude and always get depressed after you've played anyone. If you lose, you get depressed. If you win, they were sandbagging. What kind of an attitude is that? :dizzy:. Me and Aiko have been getting really tired of dealing with your sulking anyway. It's just not attractive. We've even tried very very hard to tell you that yeah, you are getting better and yeah you DID do well in that match. But you never believe us for some reason. you just can't take praise and it's ****ing annoying. I agree with all the other guys comments btw. Whatever the weather, you'll still be my mate (I hope) and If your getting this upset then it's probably a good idea to quit.

bill

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
Well Chris, tbh I'm not even sad to see you quit. (if you do). you just have a bad attitude and always get depressed after you've played anyone. If you lose, you get depressed. If you win, they were sandbagging. What kind of an attitude is that? :dizzy:. Me and Aiko have been getting really tired of dealing with your sulking anyway. It's just not attractive. We've even tried very very hard to tell you that yeah, you are getting better and yeah you DID do well in that match. But you never believe us for some reason. you just can't take praise and it's ****ing annoying. I agree with all the other guys comments btw. Whatever the weather, you'll still be my mate (I hope) and If your getting this upset then it's probably a good idea to quit.

bill

*sigh*

Aiko

Smash Champion
Right, I want everyone to stop with the negativity here. Ultimately, its your choice chris. nobody is gonna make you quit or stay. Nobody is gonna give any sympathy or attention anymore. You have a lot of potential, ruined by a negative attitude and you expect too much of yourself. You're not gonna become shizwiz or pc after 1 night. they've put years of effort and learning into it, so at least be prepared to put in the same amount of time.

You say you want to improve quicker than anyone else, but its not gonna happen, because your mentality is not suited to improvement. Change that and everything will come your way with time. Thats right time, not instantly. The sooner you change your way to taking losses, the sooner you'll get better. you saw an instant improvement yesterday and you went and ruined it in the second half by just not taking the losses.
It seems like youre willing to accept anything that makes you worse, but nothing that makes you better, and thats a john in itself. I lose because I can't get better.

Putting that aside, you learn quickly when you put your mind to it, and you're generally a smart player. Use those to your advantage rather than trying to copy my speed and tech skill. You have the potential to be a ranked player, take it as a goal rather than just trying to win right now.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
With a negative attitude you wont get anywhere,simple as that.Wireframe you are being negative.J03 is right and you should probably realise that.

Also,expectations will **** you up.Just because you practice alot doesnt mean it is going to pay off immediately in smash.It is not a textbook where if you study enough you will get the answers right,there are tons of variables to smash and you have to be prepared for every one.

Davemans has maybe spent about 5 hours by himself practicing the game in total and look how good he is.
I've spent maybe a gazillion hours or so and it took me alot of realisations and honesty with myself to get 'good'(This is only the UK lol).It did not come easy.

I believe BB pwned Frost's theory. :O
Johns?

By the way,this is mildly my business since I've talked to Chris a few times on MSN.Otherwise I just replied since the discussion was interesting and I could relate to it.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Amsah. And other various Americans like Cactuar, Bum, SK92 and somewhat NEO when was more of a Roy main.

Months, months. Just because they rose quickly through the ladder in less than a year doesn't mean they've only been playing for that long. Nor does it mean that if you only heard about them when they started making big names. NEO was part of Team Ben as well, he had people to train against.

Try again.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
At Amsahs first tournament he beat one of the top 3 in Europe.

And Neo wasnt originally part of Team Ben iirc.

also what do you mean by months,cause as far as I know...Frosty won his second tourney after 9 months or so?

Mr P

Smash Ace
The amount of Johns in this thread is gag inducing, i dont know if i can take it. It's pretty much like being surrounded by a bunch of people called John Johns......

First thing is first, it is absaloutly 100% possible to get to a very high skill level within the period of a year or even less. There are a number of players who have proven this even when they weren't surrounded by the highest level of players.

Ek - Played smash in the swedish community where there were no known amazing players, he attended and dominated the scene then came over to the UK for smash wars To take Doug to the last game, he even won a set from him. This was only his second highly competitive tournament.

Amsah - Got 9th at his first ever tournie DT10, within 6 months was the best player in the Netherlands, after one year took a set from Captain jack is sheik dittos and 3 months later he was the best in Europe after beating Ek.

Aldwyn - Lives in a region where he only has one other player to play against (Chor) Best in his country and now one of the top 3 players in europe.

These are just three examples from our own contient, dont get me started on players like KoreanDJ etc... there are a lot more but i dont need to make any more exmaples. By making excuses like there's no high level players close by to play so i cant get that good is a John, maybe it's easier when you can train against good players but you cant use the fact that you dont get that opportunity as an excuse to say that you cant be very good in a short space of time. What makes those players as good as they are is a drive like nothing else to be the best and a mental attitude towards the game that accelerates their skill 10 fold. You have to be openminded. Im not kidding when i say that "No Johns" is the most important thing when it comes to improving at this game, you cant make any excuses.

Wireframe with the attitude you have you may aswell quit now, it's either that or you start manning up because no-one wants to hear your emo drama bull**** in here.

FoulPlay

Smash Lord
I just got back on the boards, and I'm amazed a full page and a half has been taken up due to this discussion over WireFrame quitting... I thought most of this would have been done through MSN. Ah well.

And yeah Z johns.
Also I forget what BTT means.

Edit: So is Wireframes main reason "Because I get beat" because everyone gets beat eventually.

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
I speedrun RE games at pro level and i don't suck at that, ask bb or aiko.

And achieving the fastest times on them are VERY competetive.
Well obviously that takes practice if ur that good at it! u didnt just play it 1nce and then all of a sudden turn into a speed run king did you? U practiced and got faster times! Use me for example, i main Yoshi for God sakes! Do u kno how many months and months i had to go through without winning 1 match lol! It was pitiful! But i practiced and now i can take out a good few ppl with the guy! Iv never played u b4 but from the sounds of it ur an alryte player, dont go wasting it now uv come this far! Practice makes perfect, sulking makes a poor loser!

edit: i love uk smash forums lol!

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
No johns i had no one that amazing to practise against apart from tourneys and i started to win kthnx (its not like i had zeppo to practise against tons, he was obviously a lot better than me a while back)

My advice,
-Watch Vids (as many as possible until you understand the game better and combos especially)
-Consider what you can do at any situation to improve, this includes combos, tech chasing, recovery mindgames etc
-Practise technical tricks on your own, ask others for some new stuff even (i learnt some wavelanding tricks, edge cancels and shield drop recently)
-Play more than one char even to get a better understanding?
-Playing better players all the time dosent always help you get better, even talking works out just as good
-Watch old vids and you'll see your always improving, i watched my jiggz matches from my old LMT and they're so bad it makes me cry (apart from the 2 u airs to rest on Ouch and reverse f air edgeguard lolol)

J03

Smash Master
wireframe: get over it son. you get disheartened too quickly. if you wanna win then think about what you should do to accomplish that.

question 1) will quitting help me get better

question 2) will getting upset over a few loses help me in the long run.

i aint here to sugar coat it and make you feel all snug and secure, thats what your parents are for. im here to tell you to get used losing alot. after a few months youll lose less. providing you always remember the answers to the 2 questions obvv

J03

Smash Master
also, well done, you lost sleep for the game...

now that i think aout it your probably the first EVER person to do that!!!

your too busy worrying about winning to even try and do it. youll never outthink even the dumbest players with your mindset. and its not like you can just buy another one. itll change through gradiual breakdowns of panic and misery or through a magic ephinany. personally i dont think most ppl can change there mindset, feel free to prove me wrong >_0

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
This thread needs a big fat 'No Johns'

!

Bullet Bill

Smash Master
The amount of Johns in this thread is gag inducing, i dont know if i can take it. It's pretty much like being surrounded by a bunch of people called John Johns......

First thing is first, it is absaloutly 100% possible to get to a very high skill level within the period of a year or even less. There are a number of players who have proven this even when they weren't surrounded by the highest level of players.

Ek - Played smash in the swedish community where there were no known amazing players, he attended and dominated the scene then came over to the UK for smash wars To take Doug to the last game, he even won a set from him. This was only his second highly competitive tournament.

Amsah - Got 9th at his first ever tournie DT10, within 6 months was the best player in the Netherlands, after one year took a set from Captain jack is sheik dittos and 3 months later he was the best in Europe after beating Ek.

Aldwyn - Lives in a region where he only has one other player to play against (Chor) Best in his country and now one of the top 3 players in europe.

These are just three examples from our own contient, dont get me started on players like KoreanDJ etc... there are a lot more but i dont need to make any more exmaples. By making excuses like there's no high level players close by to play so i cant get that good is a John, maybe it's easier when you can train against good players but you cant use the fact that you dont get that opportunity as an excuse to say that you cant be very good in a short space of time. What makes those players as good as they are is a drive like nothing else to be the best and a mental attitude towards the game that accelerates their skill 10 fold. You have to be openminded. Im not kidding when i say that "No Johns" is the most important thing when it comes to improving at this game, you cant make any excuses.

Wireframe with the attitude you have you may aswell quit now, it's either that or you start manning up because no-one wants to hear your emo drama bull**** in here.
I completely agree :(

Top Bottom