• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
dont you think the japan tier list is more accurate due to them all being asian (lol) and brawl being out way longer over there?
LOL, this is so hilarious, hahaha!!

I think it has something to do with their culture and the way their ruleset is. Playing on neutral only stages really does require you to elevate your skill level because the stage is so simple to learn. I bet it really takes a lot of skill to win in Japan just because you can't rely on the stage gimmicks to win. You have to rely on your own abilities, and that's why I believe their tier list is better. Also, they play for fun and respect, so that's another reason why I think their list is better. It means that they'll share all the secrets they know because it doesn't matter who knows/doesn't know if it's all for fun.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I'd say G&W needs to be in the same tier as ZSS, but still below her. That to me is high tier, and G&W should still be classified as one, though as the "weakest" of the high tiers if you would. I would also drop Pit below ROB.

EDIT: Fox is that low. There is nobody else you can logically drop below him.

Browny

Smash Hater
btw thats not what I think it should look like but what I think v5 will look like. Sure the BBR likes to theorycraft it up in the character discussions about how good they think some characters are but if versions 2 3 and 4 are anything to go by, it seems more likely they will stick to pre-conceived notions as per usual and leave everything very similar to what the previous version is except their main :bee:

The Truth!

Smash Ace
^ Im glad Im not the only one that thinks so. Marth and Wario are interchangable, but ICs are clear bottom of A tier.

Oh i forgot to post tier list V5

:metaknight:
:snake: :falco: :diddy:
:popo: :wario: :marth:
:pikachu2: :olimar: :dedede: :lucario: :zerosuitsamus:
:gw: :toonlink: :kirby2: :pit: :rob:
:peach: :fox: :dk2: :luigi2: :wolf: :sonic: :shiek:
:ike: :ness2: :pt: :yoshi2:
:bowser2: :mario2: :lucas: :falcon: :samus2: :link2:
:jigglypuff: :zelda: :ganondorf:
I think if snake falco and diddy do make up their own tier, which they probably should, then something like this is better

:wario: :marth: :popo: :pikachu2: :olimar:
:dedede: :lucario: :zerosuitsamus: :gw: :toonlink:
:kirby2: :peach: :rob: :pit: :fox:
:luigi2: :dk2: :wolf: :sonic: :shiek:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Last minute "let's put the characters in a random order a call it some kind of a list" tiem!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I shall be completely unbiased and have no opinion......besides MK da bess

Browny

Smash Hater
Brilliant you two...

Random: lacking any definite plan or order or purpose; governed by or depending on chance
Bias: a term used to describe a tendency or preference towards a particular perspective, ideology or result

Besides the fact that my list was not random at all, I've thought a lot about the tier lists, its impossible for something to be random and biased at the same time.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
That list is solid, I do think that the biggest change should be creating more tiers, as we start to see that there are obvious divisions within the larger tiers we have now.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
^ Im glad Im not the only one that thinks so. Marth and Wario are interchangable, but ICs are clear bottom of A tier.

I think if snake falco and diddy do make up their own tier, which they probably should, then something like this is better

:wario: :marth: :popo: :pikachu2: :olimar:
:dedede: :lucario: :zerosuitsamus: :gw: :toonlink:
:kirby2: :peach: :rob: :pit: :fox:
:luigi2: :dk2: :wolf: :sonic: :shiek:
I like it, agreed that MK is in his own tier and Snake, Falco and Diddy are in a league of their own against the rest of the cast.
Not sure how I feel about Pikachu and Kirby
Yay Toon Link lol

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Browny, why is Snake still second on your list?

He's clearly dropping in favor of Falco.

Also, Marth > ICs, IMO. Obviously that's a biased opinion on my part though.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Browny, why is Snake still second on your list?

He's clearly dropping in favor of Falco.
lol no.

1) That would be an undeserved drop for Snake/rise for Falco. Falco can't do jack against planking. I'd argue that only Ganondorf is worse at dealing with it. If you can't deal with one of the strongest options in the game, you don't get to be second best in the game. As I've said before: if I ever end up against a Falco as Ike and get the lead, I'm planking. And I'll probably win to boot. And Ike's planking sucks due to "lol only 5 aethers without landing on stage", so I have to rely on just jumping back to the ledge most of the time.

2) Too much inner fighting over if Diddy or Falco is better in the BBR for either one of them to snag second. That's fairly obvious to see within the BBR character topics.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Right, sorry, I forgot that this was using the BBR ruleset.

MY BAD.

Also, we have to question, since they give options for all of them, are they evaluating characters under 5 starters? 7? 9? What about the stage list? Does it have DP, PTAD, etc?

Things change drastically with big stagelists.

Hell, I could realistically see Marth move up even WITH MK, if there was a big stagelist. He and Wario, for sure. Ics, Falco and Diddy would all drop.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Lasers? Don't work.

Reflector? Does't work.

Onstage attacks? Not enough range. Falco is going to eat more damage.

Off stage attacks? Just crying out to be gimped, and don't knock the opponent far enough away to have a shot at getting back safely except Bair, but that doesn't have enough range to use it safely. Heck, all of his aerials have that problem against plankers.

Looks like 2nd worse to me.

And I would imagine it uses the entire CP list (as it should). Not sure about the starters though...maybe it considers all three systems?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Leon rarely wins tourneys and if he does mainly with Marth. Our best Diddy beats his Peach and he's by far the best out there and pretty good at the match-up as well. Once the Diddy knows when / how to use utilt he wins.

:059:
He has won only once. Luigi Player is amazing but him winning vs Leon once doesnt make the whole match-up go from 6-4 Peach to 7-3 Diddy.
Stop meatriding him so much please :dizzy:
The match-up is a slight advantage for Peach. It's not even near unwinnable.

Spaced Dair/Fair/almost everything that's spaced of Peacb > Diddy Utilt.

Leon placed well Peach as a main and Marth as a second. Even though he know mains Marth and seconds Peach, I'm sure that he'd still place well with his Peach as a main.

:053:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Falco's U-Air actually has pretty nice range, and a mid-air jump -> laser is relatively safe on some characters.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
people are still under the impression that ganon is the worst character in the game......how silly

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Not if they are half decent at planking. You expect them to just let Falco get below them/fall into them with Uair? Or jump far enough off stage to use laser? He's going to get backhanded for it.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Not if they are half decent at planking. You expect them to just let Falco get below them/fall into them with Uair? Or jump far enough off stage to use laser? He's going to get backhanded for it.
To be fair, Falco's rather good when challenging someone using the speed and height of his mid-air jump in combination with the sex-kick qualities of his B-Air and the stupid hitbox of sourspot U-Air, and if they're far enough from the ledge to be able to hit you, there's always the invincibility of the Phantasm to help you in your time of need.

Falco's not very good at it, but as long as we're talking about responses, at least half the cast is just as bad, if not worse.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Problem is that he's telegraphing both of those, and the planker can just grab the ledge again, but not dropping off right away. Or they can climb up the ledge in order to gain more invincibility frames and quickly run over to the other ledge while Falco is still off stage in the middle of his aerial move. Or just take the hit if they are at low %s, and then punish Falco by sending him farther off stage, possibly killing him. Or drop down even farther, and then hit Falco on the way back up with their Up B, depending on the character.

I maintain my statement that he's the second worse in the game at dealing with planking.

EDIT: Anyone's planking. And anyone with more range on their moves, or an angleable projectile has a better time than Falco without question.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
*bursts out laughing at Link's placement*

You think he should get a +11 jump? lol

Kirby and ROB are also way too low.

And Fox and Peach are too high.

ZSS is too high as well.

Snake > Falco.