• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
When the time comes, Ganon mains will be heavily rewarded for the faith in the dark one.

But that time has not yet come.
i cant wait to see it honestly

heres to hoping it'll be constant dairs in some shameful fashion :cheers:

TP

Smash Master
SL deserves it for making the IDC thread two years ago, which is what got me into competitive smash in the first place (ironically, IDC is not a part of competitive smash because it's banned, but whatever).

Thank you ShadowLink, and congrats.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
you got a problem with black people?!

besides its actually the darkness inside of him seeping out that makes his skin black
<33333 of course not but the maker of that image surely does!!

you know deep down inside i ironically main the king of darkness

SL's a BBR?

We're screwed.
its ok because adumbrodeus theory crafted his way into the SBR so he must be excellent at creating scenarios that would unironically take place in a match

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I don't even know what to say anymore. :confused:

Anyways, another plus side to Link is that he can set up Jab locks from Bomb footstool Nair (inescable if done right and to alot of the cast), Gale Boomerang knocks them down with set knockback at close distances (can be teched), and knocking down shielding opponents on platforms with Uptilt. He probably has the best jab locking game.

Also, I think Dair is broken :lol:, it has amazing knockback and priority, it lasts for ages, so long that, not even too full jumps will cause the landing lag to go away. But when you have plaforms say Battlefield (note that alot of stages have platforms where you can do this), you can just Dair auto cancel them. Dair off stage is deadly as well, dodging it becomes much harder than if they were on the ground. It's also a good way to pressure those on the ledges since it lasts a while, has a chance of stage spiking and you can follow up with a Back air stage spike if you miss and their still on the ledge. Bomb footstool Dair's are quite reliable with getting the Dair to hit.

His sheild grab game is quite amazing. Being able to always punish Snake's Ftilts. First one (if delayed) and the second one. He can also sheild grab MK's Downsmash.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
A Link I know would Boomerang my face then use the fact that arrows have a "jab" hitbox and would run over and Fsmash me on getup.

Not sure why she didn't use jablock. :/

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I know a girl who's really ****ing good. She keeps trying to get me to play this one game with her though and I don't ****ing like it. She thinks it's cause I lose in PvP but I just don't ****ing like it. :C

Also a Link should tell me if you can just like...nair out of the boomerang to avoid the arrow "jab" or not. It honestly just caught me off guard every time.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised
Right on queue, Clai appears.

I'm a regular at Ganon's beard actually, I love Ganon, such a fun secondary.

But you see my point, it's "winnable" for Ganon because Ganon players have really low standards for "winnable".
It's not that we aren't aware of how bad our matchups really are, we just accept that if we're ever going to win with Ganondorf, we will need to put in extreme effort plus near-perfect play for us to be able to pull it off. It's not so much 'low standards,' which definately sounds negative, as much as us willing to fight the odds.

I think Wario is our most manageable A-tier matchup.

My response:

Silly TP, Ganondorf can't run. Those other runners must have lapped him three times over.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Link, the thing is, his recovery holds him back so much, I honestly don't think good DI is anywhere near enough to save him.

I need to re-explore his MUs, but my first instinct when I heard that was "d*mn, Link's MUs are overrated".

We'll see, I'm willing to drop by the AiB Link boards and see what they come up with.

cus girls suck at video games...
lol just kidding, girls dont suck. at least, not at video games.
I c wut u did ther.

*pounds*

Scabe

Successful Businessman

Also a Link should tell me if you can just like...nair out of the boomerang to avoid the arrow "jab" or not. It honestly just caught me off guard every time.

You can just tech the ground, or airdodge after being hit. It just catches you by suprise, that's how it works.

Also Zair, is an amazing ledge pressure move. Opponent's who try to jump back on from the ledge will get a Zair in their face.

If only we found a way to get that Dtilt Spike to work consistently. I wonder why Sakurai gave us that spike even though the hitbubble on it is so small and get's out prioritized by the other hitbubbles. :mad088:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I know a girl who's really ****ing good.
at first I thought, "in bed"

She keeps trying to get me to play this one game with her though and I don't ****ing like it.
than i thought, he must not be into the kinky stuff.

She thinks it's cause I lose in PvP but I just don't ****ing like it. :C
than I thought WoW

and than I thought, what a great combination that would be...

Also a Link should tell me if you can just like...nair out of the boomerang to avoid the arrow "jab" or not. It honestly just caught me off guard every time.[/COLOR]

some times you can aerial/airdodge out, other times you cant and have to tech, but either way its always escapable.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
It's not that we aren't aware of how bad our matchups really are, we just accept that if we're ever going to win with Ganondorf, we will need to put in extreme effort plus near-perfect play for us to be able to pull it off. It's not so much 'low standards,' which definately sounds negative, as much as us willing to fight the odds.

I think Wario is our most manageable A-tier matchup.
Low standards for winnable = can do attitude, which is completely admirable dude, it's complimentary. Ehhh f*** the badness inherent in language, take it for what it means.

Silly TP, Ganondorf can't run. Those other runners must have lapped him three times over.
Also, trix are for kids.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Link, the thing is, his recovery holds him back so much, I honestly don't think good DI is anywhere near enough to save him.

I need to re-explore his MUs, but my first instinct when I heard that was "d*mn, Link's MUs are overrated".
What holds him back I reckon, is his moves are so slow (fastest move being jab which is 7 frames, jumping takes like 9 frames for Link, grabbing is like 11 frames) so he suffers alot when opponent's get really close to him, he really doesn't have any good OOS options. Alot of his moves have laggy endings. So I think basically you could run up to him and shield then grab (maybe not that easy)

Most of his matchups are 40:60 in his favor. Alot of ones that I think are even. And just ones where he gets *****, like MK and Falco.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
DI does help. So does shooting bombs, boomerang, and holding bombs to give him an extra Up-B. His recovery is a factor, but overrated in a negative fashion.

For the most part Scabe is right. Link has a strong camp and defensive game, but once someone gets inside he just gets lawled all over.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Link might not have an amazing close combat game in terms of offense (in fact it's actually pretty bad) but on the defensive side of things it's really not too bad.

Really good spotdodge (2 vulnerable frames!) coupled with a shieldgrab that can punish a ton of moves (especially if you're up close, since they won't be spacing long range aerials or whatnot) means that Link isn't super screwed in close quarters.

Worst character in super CQC is probably Donkey Kong with his slow jump, "slow" jab and tilts as well as his vulnerable spotdodge and small (compared to his size) shield.

And even DK doesn't do too bad there anyway.

Browny

Smash Hater
lol upb

CQC would have to be jigglypuff wouldnt it? no escape mechanism, horrible range/priority and her best move to fight would be SH fair which is probably like 12 or so frames when you consider the jump time >_<

Throwback

Smash Lord
errr samus is #1 at losing cqc....terrible roll, terrible grab, ubB OOS sucks, jab has 0 frames of hitstun, SHNair has balls for range....you name it, samus sucks at it.

BSP

Smash Legend
She would even suck at being bad since she's not a part of the triforce of shame lol. I would agree with samus for worse CQC.

Throwback

Smash Lord
0 frames of hitstun may not sound bad, until you use it & do 3% then receive ~20% as a result. It's bad, trust me.

Also jiggs is good in cqc - her grab range is great, grab speed is fine.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
no i mean theres no way her jab has 0 frames of hitstun >.> just because her jab combo doesn't actually combo doesn't give her first jab 0 frames of hitstun (that would be no hitstun, which would mean that your opponent wasn't interrupted at all...)

Shinde425

Smash Apprentice
You guys just wait, I'm gonna make Ike S tier. :p

Edit: But seriously, has anyone ever concidered Snake's uber gimpabilitiness prior to dropping a C4 on the stage? Like while that c4 is on the stage, he's stuck with a subpar recovery. Like that's kinda a big weakness right there....just sayin', maybe it'll spark some thoughts for future tier lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom