• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I just want to thank shaya for his hard work. At first i thought his system wasnt going to work out but it did and it seems(to me)that this list is the best tier list thus far. THANK YOU SHAYA!!!!!

If anybody has questions about tier placement or w/e feel free to post/pm/vm/im any of us sbr members.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Wait, wait, wait.

This...this is a real list? Not a joke list?

Falcon moving up a bunch?

Zelda randomly dropping nine spots?

PT moving up even though nothing major has changed in his metagame except his tournament results going down?

Lucas and Ness randomly jumping up ahead of Ike for no logical reason?

I think I'll be sticking with v3, thanks. I'm too busy laughing right now to take this seriously, and there was sadly more logic in the previous ones.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
@Nidtendo^^^^^
i'm waiting for you and several other non-believers to make a 5 page eassy explaining all its faults

Wait, what? Are you telling me that list placement is in FAVOR of a characters ability to use banned tactics!?

+infinites+CG

Conti

Smash Ace
This list looks fine to me... I said diddy will be 3rd ever since he was like 10th... :] ic's seem good... d3 should remain top b imo....
In other news YEAAAA FAWLLCUNNN!
Triforce tier = lolll
Top half seems solid...
Pit is 13th :)

I'm content with this list... now is the tru diddy test... can we evolve enough to surpass snake? Maybe not now... but one day

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
@Nidtendo^^^^^
i'm waiting for you and several other non-believers to make a 5 page eassy explaining all its faults
I am seriously trying to figure out what logic was used here.

Ike has maintained his tournament results, and figured out we have a true combo of B-throw to Dash Attack since last tier list, as well as a select few MUs (Most importantly: Olimar) being a bit easier than we first thought.

Ness and Lucas.....I haven't heard of any changes in their metagames, and their tournament results are like last time as well: lower, particularly Lucas.

So.... no changes in the Metagame + Same/slightly low tournament results > Slight changes in metagame + same/slightly higher tournament results?

What am I missing here?

solecalibur

Smash Master
Wait, what? Are you telling me that list placement is in FAVOR of a characters ability to use banned tactics!?

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy277/TaterSalad0811/thisisbullshiz.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Why do you think pit is so high? BR hasn't officially banned it yet

[quote="Nidtendofreak, post: 9669443"]I am seriously trying to figure out what logic was used here.

Ike has maintained his tournament results, and figured out we have a true combo of B-throw to Dash Attack since last tier list, as well as a select few MUs (Most importantly: Olimar) being a bit easier than we first thought.

Ness and Lucas.....I haven't heard of any changes in their metagames, and their tournament results are like last time as well: lower, particularly Lucas.

So.... no changes in the Metagame + Same/slightly low tournament results > Slight changes in metagame + same/slightly higher tournament results?

What am I missing here?[/QUOTE]

There was a ness placing high in a FL tounry for one
Two Ness and Lucas' metagame HAS changed check video differences of top ness/lucas players compared to the last tier list
You also might be taking your main to heart like some people do, I still have a friend who thinks Wolf is top tier because in short he mains him

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
lol @ the Zelda tier. Also another tier list, another character in the 3rd spot. I wonder if Diddy can keep that spot till the next tier list...

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Ally.

Bad recovery, worst projectile in the game, no air game whatsoever, and a slow ground game. What character does she even have an advantage on? What Zeldas have done anything with her in tournament? What top player has even placed with her at low tier tournaments?

PT moving up even though nothing major has changed in his metagame except his tournament results going down?
Reflex.

FOW

Duskshadow

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I am slightly disappointed with Marth only moving up one spot on the tier list, especially since he beats 30 out of 37 characters, ties with four, and loses to three. However, I am happy with the class rank he is in, so I guess it balances itself out. Like Xyro said, thank you Shaya for the release of the new tier list and all the hard work you put into it.

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
snake- 2.44
diddy- 2.56

so the general opinion is that diddy isnt far behind snake by much?

solecalibur

Smash Master
Ally.

*discussion about* zelda
Bad recovery, worst projectile in the game, no air game whatsoever, and a slow ground game. What character does she even have an advantage on? What Zeldas have done anything with her in tournament? What top player has even placed with her at low tier tournaments?
I beg to differ, strongly on projectile
Zelda also has a advantage on ICs and D3 if I remember correctly
I've seen a few tounry results with zelda placing 1st
Her placement in low tiers was necessary but not that low

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
i don't think R.O.B should of dropped as much as he did but whatever i am just happy a new tier list is here instead of the outdated version 3.
so when is version 5 coming out

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Except for G&W I think everyone is in the appropriate tier at least, although a I have a few issues regarding placement within those tiers. Good job overall though.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
snake- 2.44
diddy- 2.56

so the general opinion is that diddy isnt far behind snake by much?
May have been a reality if someone who voted Diddy as no.1 in the game actually followed the voting procedure.

Otherwise, yes, the votes were really close.

-

Nintendofreak,

A lot of the upper echelon characters have strong connections to the tournament data. When it comes to the lower tiers things get really fuzzy. I think a lot of people can note this in general, that when it comes to Lower tiers (in every tier list for probably every game ever) it gets hard.
Voting is done by individual members of the BBR with their own opinions. And whilst they are a lot closer together in perspective on the high tiers because of the strong data we have for it, low has very sporadic choices.
It would seem to me that not all characters lower in lower tiers are viewed intensively at tier list time, but some that do get a lot of discussion about them, hopefully indicating that they would most likely not move much in the future after this vote (in the sense of moving up, not other characters moving down). Zelda was one of these characters, there was quite an educational course going on in the BBR about her weaknesses and match ups (a similar spread to... Link none the less).
Ike also came under a bit of scrutiny. In short, you could consider F tier as characters who have critical weaknesses that hamper them in the long turn. Both Ness and Wario are characters who are considered to be able to perform well even under those conditions. Wario a lot more so than Ness.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
I beg to differ, strongly on projectile
Zelda also has a advantage on ICs and D3 if I remember correctly
I've seen a few tounry results with zelda placing 1st
Her placement in low tiers was necessary but not that low
Zelda doesn't beat D3. Dunno about ICs.

Xyro77

Wait, wait, wait.

This...this is a real list? Not a joke list?

I think I'll be sticking with v3, thanks. I'm too busy laughing right now to take this seriously, and there was sadly more logic in the previous ones.
Which ever list you stick with. The offical one is number 4.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
To be honest, I am slightly disappointed with Marth only moving up one spot on the tier list, especially since he beats 30 out of 37 characters, ties with four, and loses to three. However, I am happy with the class rank he is in, so I guess it balances itself out. Like Xyro said, thank you Shaya for the release of the new tier list and all the hard work you put into it.
Marth is an interesting case. The thing is, even though he beats most of the cast, he beats all of the ones that, well, don't matter as much. The remaining seven you list are basically the entirety of S and A tier + Dedede; every character you're likely to actually play against in tournament.

Also, Peach runs even with Marth. :p

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Reflex.

FOW
Both haven't placed in tournaments for quite a while, hence both of those characters taking dip in tournament results.

Reflex had basically no competition in his tournaments. From what I've seen: I really do need to get that group of middle school kids together and beat them continuously in tournaments with Ike. Apparently, doing that would move up Ike. I don't know about FOW's tournaments, but really: that = five spots up out of low tier? That's not logical for something that's not consistent, seeing as I can't even remember the last time I saw him in tournament results.

And honestly, with Ally and Falcon...hasn't happened long enough. We have what, three results with Falcon along with Snake most of the time?

And one person = movement up for character is a heavy flaw in logic. So many variables left unchecked...skill level in the area, character selection in the area, knowledge against character in the area, ability to adapt in the area. For a character to move that much, you should have none of the above variables still left unchecked. Or else again, I could do what I suggested above and radically change the tier list to however I want it to be.

Duskshadow

Smash Apprentice
Marth is an interesting case. The thing is, even though he beats most of the cast, he beats all of the ones that, well, don't matter as much. The remaining seven you list are basically the entirety of S and A tier + Dedede; every character you're likely to actually play against in tournament.

Also, Peach runs even with Marth. :p
Is that your opinion, or is that fact?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I want to see some other videos of Ally's Falcon, besides watching him own a guy that doesn't know how to play against Captain Falcon and was desperately trying to find a counterpick.

Otherwise I'm going to be amazed if that was the sole reasoning for him rising.

edit:
And honestly, with Ally and Falcon...hasn't happened long enough. We have what, three results with Falcon along with Snake most of the time?
and that.

In the "MK discussion" thread there has been discussion about how Ally, ADHD, and m2k in particular perform "outside the norm." Just throwing that out there XD

(in other words, against certain opponents, any of them could probably **** with any character.....................except maybe ganondorf)

o-Serin-o

I think 56 nights crazy
Ally AND Culex are placing with Falcon. And Culex places enough that he's on his areas PRs with him.

bigman40

Smash Master
I just wish to hear you guys thoughts. Any purpose of Yoshi moving up? He looked like he relatively stayed in the same place while others moved down. Anyways, do you guys mind giving an explanation for Yoshi? It would be helpful to me.

Conti

Smash Ace
lol @ the Zelda tier. Also another tier list, another character in the 3rd spot. I wonder if Diddy can keep that spot till the next tier list...
Tbh Diddy is going to keep 3rd imo... like his metagame is still evolving... his tournament placings are pretty good... right now I think diddy boards need to REDISCUSS Diddys matchups [as on our boards we somehow have a lot of bad matchups but I think they've changed a lot]. like someone said commentating pound 4... diddy has the ability... he has lots of options... n if played correctly in my opinion can be better than snake... (one thing that hinders us is bad matchups vs mid tiers such as peach n luigi ect. [N zss is learning how to fight diddy] but well see what happens in the future.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Lol Zelda. Get wrecked.

Nid's pissed. Ike's not that good, Lucas + Ness are. That's their rationale.

Tourney rankings and raw character development? Forget about it.....

As long as there's a super good player repping your character, then he'll rise. Nobody reps Zelda...so she falls.

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
May have been a reality if someone who voted Diddy as no.1 in the game actually followed the voting procedure.

Otherwise, yes, the votes were really close.
some1 didnt follow the voting procedure correctly thus giving snake 2nd and diddy 3rd....am i interpreting this wright?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Is that your opinion, or is that fact?
Is there any fact in this game?

It's generally accepted on the WC. Edrees and I know the matchup very well, and have both played against MikeHAZE, Havok, and Zex, all of whom agree on the matchup being even.

My understanding is that Neo and Dark.Pch think it's 80:20 Marth or something and most of EC considers Marth a Peach counter. It was a big argument in the BBR, since all of EC players found the concept that they might be even unheard of. One of the coasts is doing it very wrong, lol.

Xyro77

Both haven't placed in tournaments for quite a while, hence both of those characters taking dip in tournament results.

Reflex had basically no competition in his tournaments. From what I've seen: I really do need to get that group of middle school kids together and beat them continuously in tournaments with Ike. Apparently, doing that would move up Ike. I don't know about FOW's tournaments, but really: that = five spots up out of low tier? That's not logical for something that's not consistent, seeing as I can't even remember the last time I saw him in tournament results.

And one person = movement up for character is a heavy flaw in logic. So many variables left unchecked...skill level in the area, character selection in the area, knowledge against character in the area, ability to adapt in the area. For a character to move that much, you should have none of the above variables still left unchecked. Or else again, I could do what I suggested above and radically change the tier list to however I want it to be.
Have you ever thought of the fact that certain characters STOPPED growing or maybe got worse while other got SLIGHTLY better? Look at first tier list and then read the 2nd and 3rd and then read this one. Its CONSTANTLY getting better.......thats obvious.

Dont be mad about where Ike places. Hes good in LT but no where else. if you want him out, i recommend you actually GO to tournaments and do well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom