• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurasmash14

Smash Lord
Im content with this tier list.

Lucario's right where he needs to be imo. he's definitely not better than everybody else ahead of him, but he has been showing the potential to bring good tourney results lately.

Falco still hasn't dropped yet? cool.

Ice climbers could be a teensy bit higher, but still awesome spot.

Bye bye Zelda....

HEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLOOOOOO FALCON!

Kith

Smash Ace
Hell yeah PT made it out of Low Tiers. I'm kinda curious about Zelda though. I never played as Zelda, but she didn't come off as that terrible to me...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Hyrule tier is mad legit.

I knew zelda would drop but i didnt think so far so fast, though I always did say she was bottom 5.

I think sonic is gonna get his spots back next time, we have some things in the works.

and I think they did a good job on the ICs placement.

MK in his own tier is win.

EDIT
LOL @ 12 pages in 5 hours.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Excellent tier list. Seems like we're really getting closer to a final and accurate tier list, and this seems spot on concerning the current metagame.

Crow!

Smash Lord
Ally happened to Falcon, Afro.

Brawl needs moar Link. I think he can do better than that.. it's just nobody has yet. Someone good get on that right now.

Yeah, Zelda's bottom tier. I think she might be even lower than this, actually, but 9 spots in one update is far enough. Even the perpetually pessimistic Link community claims an advantage over her.

From what I remember of my research (though I wasn't focusing on the characters in question at the time) I suspect D3 should probably be up where Wario is.. just not as a straight main. There are a lot of high performing D3+someone else players iirc.

I might have juggled the definition of low tier a bit not because of their performance in the overall metagame but to cater to the low tier metagame, but that's not really what the official tier list is about. Suffice it to say TOs should consider hand picking characters for low tier tourneys. Mid tier should be fine as is.

Overall, this strikes me as being a lot better than the previous tier list. Good job, guys.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
no way, link doesnt take advantage of zelda, other way round 'oh link I've been kidnapped, come and save me and sort out all my problems, even though I return I wont do or give you anything, I wont even put out, just kick you off back to whatever **** hole you came from'

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
still too many tiers tho imo.

i dont think zelda is THAT much worse than puff to deserve a tier difference.

mid tier could probably be whittled to 2 tiers instead of 3.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Rename G tier Ganon tier/Hyrule tier/Triforce tier or something. It would be mad legit.

For anyone who questions Falcon's rise, one word, Ally.

Good job Lucario's on getting that rep in.

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
Do you guys have the thing last tier list where you said like what characters were rated with numbers and stuff? I'm interested to see how far some characters are from others.
really interested to look at this to.

Overall think its a really great tier list, very ccurate in my opinion. I thought peach would rise a little though. lololololololololololol @ hyrule tier :D

Zucco

Smash Master
I still believe Lucario is better than Pikachu, but that might be because Lucario wins against him.

dainbramage

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...

Looking at the points difference, it seems jiggs was excluded from bottom tier simply so it could be Hyrule Tier.

EDIT: What does the "points when considered in previous tier" mean?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hmm...

Looking at the points difference, it seems jiggs was excluded from bottom tier simply so it could be Hyrule Tier.

EDIT: What does the "points when considered in previous tier" mean?
Not entirely true. Jigs was in the bottom tier but there was lengthy discussion resulting in a bump up. It really came down to people bringing up Jigglypuffs better match ups, and planking ability. Samus was considered to drop down as well.

A character was voted for in their previous tier area, if they reached a cut off point they were bumped down and revoted within the lower tier.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
lol @ Wolfs placing. I see some people still need to get ***** before they see the truth :rolleyes:

:059:

Mr.E

Smash Lord
midwest represent !!

This tier list is worse than the last one, other than giving MK his own tier which should've been the cast last time. ;/

Is there any reason Falcon has somehow moved out of the bottom five? I don't care that some good players like to rep him against scrubs for amusement. Objectively, there's almost no reasoning he could possibly be better than anybody except MAYBE Ganondorf/Zelda. I guess he's just the lovable gimmick of the low-tier bunch and nobody really cares about the bottom of the list anyway so why even bother complaining? :054:

Predictable rise in Ice Climbers, thank goodness they didn't get quite the same hype boost as Wario did last time. :rolleyes: Not sure why Pit zipped up so much and ROB down so far... And hey guys, Link has an actual projectile game and stuff. He's certainly a notch above 'Dorf/Falcon at the least.

Zelda (and Samus) can at least transform into better characters. *cough*

-GaW is still too high

-Kirby and ROB needed to drop, although ROB should drop a bit more
what is this i dont even :mad:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Personally, The lower tiers need some more focusing on. S to B tier are dead solid (except for debatebly Marth over Wario)

All the C tiers are odd as in theyre not good enough to be with the high tiers, yet to good to be with the middles.

Character wise i'm impressed with the movement up of Yoshi by a little, PT, and Sheik.

Some odvious rises and drops were made. (Kirby ROB, Sonic drops) (Diddy,Ness, PT rise)

For the negative i'm gonna have to say debatebly Marth over Wario (still unsure) DK placed with D tiers (even if he didn't move down, he should be in C) Lucas and Mario should switch places.

My two biggest complaints are Fox being placed over Luigi, and Zelda humongous drop.

Fox does not deserve to be over Luigi. Who even uses him in tournaments? His rsults suck, and he's too gayed by physics, locks, infinites, so he should not get the spot over Luigi, who Boss, Biglou, and a few more have been repping nicely. If anything, Wolf should of been where Fox is now, he is better than Fox and debatably Luigi

And Zelda isn't that horrible, should be above Samus probably, I almost think this was done just to put all three Zelda characters together for the lulz.

All together....eh, a bit iffy about this list as of yet.

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
maybe its me being scrubby or tired but im confused as to how the voting system worked this time. Different to last tier list? are u able to explain it shaya?

Flayl

Smash Hero
Whose idea was it to take Bowser out of low tier? Lol.

(Also I think Shiek & Zelda should be in the same spot, not my fault players are too stubborn to switch when it's advantageous

But like

I guess this could justify using Zelda in low tiers

Whatever)

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Sonic dropping a bit was expected a bit. what i dont expect is Pokemon trainer being above him. If he didn't have the stamina issue than maybe. but he is NOT better than sonic. not too bothered by his placement regardless. Good **** ness. he finally got some respect.

Metaknight being in his own tier was the right way to go. He doesn't lose out enough to be placed with the llikes of snake and diddy at his best only makes it even if that. Pound4 isn't enough to not give him his own tier IMO

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Finally, FINALLY Kirby gets put in his place. Only a drop of two spots, but this is his most accurate placement yet.

...though I don't know what's up with Pit being so high. I personally have no doubt that Link is better than Zelda, Jigglypuff, and possibly Samus and Captain Falcon. I almost want to start maining Link to prove he isn't second worst @_@

Metaknight is back in his own tier like he should be.

I'm wondering why Ice Climbers jumped 6 spots. I think Wario's probably better than Marth. Yay for TL going up two.

I'd say this is probably the best tier list yet :/ things are always fuzzy at the lower end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom