• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Diddy Kong Video Thread

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor

KoSa!

Smash Journeyman
Seriously what where you thinking when deciding the font colors...

Player-1

Smash Legend
Updated:

Note that I will be rivising this next update, I have Microsft Word and I just thought of something to make my life easier

mastermiind

Smash Apprentice
OMG CAN WE CHANGE THE EFFIN BLUE it kills my eyes and i cant read it unless i get super close to the SCREEEEEEEEEEEN pls change it to something else yellow perhaps

my eyes water when i try to read thia page thnx for listening

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I only watched the MK one but from what I saw you incorporated a lot of everything. The only issues I saw was that the MK reached really high damaged which isn't necessarily uncommon but you should try a glide toss dsmash, works wonders. Also, this isn't a DDK specific thing but learn to DI.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hQIy7P7RWo

Diddy's best aerial for DI'ing is BAir.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Looking for advice, I'm trying to improve my game and I know I have major problems. Hearing them from multiple people will help me work on the big ones instead of the little things and the more input the better.

Ace vs. Nuro(One of the Top 5 in New England)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4KUv7Dn2_0

Ace vs. EDubs(Round 3 I went DK and won the match, not bothering to link it though)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwXlLDk1y6U

My Diddy is in here starting at 2:10, from a Crew Battle at the last tourney(Pre Johns, I was extremely angry from getting lost giving people a ride in the middle of things and not playing smart at all. I beat the Mario in tourney 2-0 and should have been able to take at least one more stock in this. But johns johns johns)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmuzf07VR2o

And and all help is very appreciated.

sffadsad

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I'm looking for this one vid where Diddy is just totally beasting in a doubles match. It's only the Diddy left against two other players and he just ***** them. The vid ends with them all just standing there because Brawl was unable to record all the inputs or something like that.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
I have a problem with marfs like many many diddys do. its supposed to be an even matchup but when its a high level marth things never seem to go m way. heres a vid of the finals match of a tournament i had a little while ago. granted this was a very good marth...ouch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5d4jtUj5Wo

ive learned alot since this video was taken and im doing better i even won a tournament match on rc ;) but my marf problem is still here any advice against him would be wonderful thanks in advance

Sao

Smash Cadet
he had a map advantage, yoshis island is **** first of all. And just try to stay away from tippers and preserve your kill moves for when you get him closer to death instead of using them to rack up damage. good diddy though =D

ChocoNaner

Smash Journeyman
Be less aggressive, and don't rush right in every time as an approach. You took a ton of attacks to the face which could have been avoided, or at least countered. When you're on the edge, don't try to fight Marth, his Fair beats all of Diddy's aerials head on, try to airdodge as soon as you leave the edge with a jump.

He kept throwing out Fairs and Nairs because you couldn't find a way to get through them, like a wall of attacks. Basically, he shut your air game down and prevented you from getting a ground advantage for the most part. Also, use shieldgrabs and peanuts more. Mix up the monkey flip too, remember the hump is treated as a grab, which can go through shields.

sai_:)

Smash Ace
hey great advice there that could potentially not only help me as a diddy main but with my marth problem in general thanks a bunch im gonna try to incorporate this into my gameplay

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I'm ignoring everyone who posted before me because I just don't feel like reading, sorry if I repeat what they've already said. Umm, the Marth match-up is supposed to be taken very slow. You switch from aggressive to passive aggressive to when you have Marth, which is when you play passive. This match-up, you rely on a lot of backwards glide-tossing, it really helps you space. Nothing you have can beat any of Marth's moves except bananas, without them you lose. Always have bananas out and don't give them up or get away from them. Also, from those matches, you DSmash a lot, I mean a stupid amount. Let's face it, DSmash is reallyyy good, but not good enough to where you try to bait a Marth every time. DSmash has a lot of lag on it after the release, I used to have this problem too, try to replace it with a couple DTilts. DTilt has a great range and speed and you can shield soon after using it. Also, mix-up your monkey flips, you kicked after every flip. You can normally just latch on, but I prefer to jump (Diddy gets an extra jump after flipping if he's near the floor, so don't worry if you've used your other two). Overall you have a good Diddy, I enjoyed watching the matches. :)

ANYWAY! I was going through the thread and I was wondering after Le_ThieN finishes messing with the boards, if it'd be possible to update every section for the videos. I was watching the GW matches for example, and there is no way that that's the way the match-up is played now.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I updated the thread...well...kinda, I decided to start back over from the beginning and just renew the whole thread. So I'll now be accepting videos again.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I absolutely love the distinction between this thread and the critique thread; that makes things a LOT clearer about how these threads work. I also really like making it only tourney videos; that'll cut down on bleh videos and make it easier to shuffle through for good stuff. I'll definitely post some videos ASAP. Awesome update :3

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I'm sure, with permission, you could put Advent Lee's videos up. He plays a lot of Snake players and his matches are amazingly entertaining.

BoRn

Smash Apprentice
I have no good recent vids up since the game launched.... Force if you have any. Post them

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
I have no good recent vids up since the game launched.... 4RCE if you have any. Post them
Umm. I have one of you 3 Stocking some scrub Peach player. That's all the videos I have of you.

I have a lot of me going up against Affinity's Wario and Meta Knight, but he's asked me not to post any of the Meta Knight ones. I don't have any recording equipment so I cannot add the Wario ones.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I was planning on updating this today, but we left on vacation to South Carolina and then North Carolina earlier than I expected, I'll update as soon as I get some wifi.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I updated the thread with doubles to and a few single matches. I'm updating with combo videos tomorrow, it'd be a big help if people post some combo videos in here, I'll be organizing them by date if that's fine with everyone.

@Dekar: Offline tournament matches only, no smashfest friendlies

@Count: I didn't put that match in because of quality + no finish, I just didn't think it was a good video so I didn't include it, hope you don't mind.

Dekar173

Justice Man
I edited out the friendlies, as well as fixing the first MK link, lmao @ my scrub *** posting another vid instead of the one I meant to -.-

Also, I'd have some Weegee vids if Overgames would actually upload all of the vids we have from tourneys :(

He doesn't understand that he'd learn more if he'd have people tell him what he's doing wrong against me =/

Hopefully I can get more recent vids up after this Saturday :)

Top Bottom