• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Diddy Kong Video Thread

BurnBurn

Smash Apprentice
That was pretty ****. never seen diddys do b-reversals/platform cancelling in usual vids.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
I think you auto-pilot a bit too much, really.
When your opponent was at high percents you somehow didn't take out a banana and began to use more side b and trying to hit him with fair, while it would be safer when you have some nana's out to a guaranteed dsmash/fsmash.
While on lower percents you mostly, just glidetossed the bana's straightforward lots of dash attacking, for my perspective maybe a little too less popgun, but who am I to judge that lol.
Try to also mix it up a bit with glidetossing it downwards and maybe wait a bit more instead of just throwing your nana's away immediately.

Hope I was of help to you

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
One thing I think you could use, Kenny, is instant throwing. There was a time or two I saw you getting off the ledge with a ledge hop to ZCatch a banana with Aerow rather close. Where an instant throw would have caught him and given you an easy punish.

You're also really good at catching banana's thrown at you, and it would come in very useful there as well. Keep pressure up and give your oppenant less time to get comfortable.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
I think you auto-pilot a bit too much, really.
When your opponent was at high percents you somehow didn't take out a banana and began to use more side b and trying to hit him with fair, while it would be safer when you have some nana's out to a guaranteed dsmash/fsmash.
While on lower percents you mostly, just glidetossed the bana's straightforward lots of dash attacking, for my perspective maybe a little too less popgun, but who am I to judge that lol.
Try to also mix it up a bit with glidetossing it downwards and maybe wait a bit more instead of just throwing your nana's away immediately.

Hope I was of help to you
I'm not really in auto-pilot, but I do agree that I dash attack a lot (it's so useful and high priority :p). I also agree i need more nutz.

MdrnDayMercutio said:
One thing I think you could use, Kenny, is instant throwing. There was a time or two I saw you getting off the ledge with a ledge hop to ZCatch a banana with Aerow rather close. Where an instant throw would have caught him and given you an easy punish.

You're also really good at catching banana's thrown at you, and it would come in very useful there as well. Keep pressure up and give your oppenant less time to get comfortable.
Thanks. Yeah, I'm starting to get used to instant throwing, I'll try to incorporate it more.

tibs7

Smash Champion
Dash attack has terrible priority
now snakes dash attack on the other hand, is very good.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Someone else should take over this/this should be unstickied. Vids aren't updated and theyre are sooooo many vids missing.

I wanted to learn diddy and was sorely disappointed to see this thread only has only a few vids.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Someone else should take over this/this should be unstickied. Vids aren't updated and theyre are sooooo many vids missing.

I wanted to learn diddy and was sorely disappointed to see this thread only has only a few vids.
I don't mind it being unstickied, but the reason it isn't updated is because people don't post any vids in here, I don't mind putting vids in here myself once in a while, but I'd like people to help out by posting the videos in there themselves.

And it's not that videos are "missing" I just put all of the active diddy's in the diddy backroom that usually have some videos up in the OP so I don't have to go back and put them in there because I don't like messing with edits when with a whole bunch of clutter.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
oh, I didn't know you only put up vids that were posted in this thread. I just assumed that any recent diddy footage of a great diddy player would go in this thread and was disappointed to see that there wasn't very many vids. While I saw alot more via youtube search.

so you keep most of the active diddy videos in the diddy backroom? didn't really understand the last paragraph.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I meant that I only put videos of diddys that are in the diddy backroom up in the OP because I don't want thie OP to be cluttered with a bunch of random diddy videos of people who only post on SWF once and never come back or something like that. The names on the OP are just some of the members of the backroom, but I only put their names there because they usually have videos up on youtube to watch and I just didn't want to go back and re edit the OP with their names because I don't like the clutter.

Usually i only put videos of the ones posted in here, but (like the last update) I'll go find some good recent videos of diddys to put up if there's not much activity going on.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to upload smashfest matches at gameclucks or something. that should be fun.

:D

sai_:)

Smash Ace
Felix is right about the edgeguarding thing. you had ample opportunities to gimp the olimar but he was able to make it back :(. like at 1:21, you had a good chance to fair him and edgehog. Olimars kind of annoying but once he's off stage, he's pretty vulnerable to fairs, bairs, bananas and even peanuts. if you hit him with one of those and he loses his jump, or even just gets pushed further away from the stage, you should be able to edgehog him. You can even just sit there waiting for him to tether and then just use your invincibility frames to make sure he cant make it.

I DID see you fair him once near the end and he lost his stock at only 88%, so just keep that in mind throughout the match. Overall just remember that when olimar's out there trying to make it back, just pester the crap out of him :p

Also on the delfino match, there were a couple of transformations that popped up that were beneficial to you but you didnt use them :( olimar was standing next to a wall and that's much better for you than for him because he can be naner locked, so just be wary of that too.

edit: One last thing about the delfino match. there was a point where the olimar was at like 170 or something crazy, and you started to get desperate for the kill. As a rule of thumb try not to ever force a kill to happen, it causes you to become predictable, and you'll probably end up taking even more damage, than if you were to just play normally. Don't panic in that situation just keep playing as if he was at like 30 or 40%

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
Just from watching these videos, you seem to know the basics of Diddy Kong. I liked how you abuse the bair effectively when your opponent is standing right behind you at times. Another thing I liked about watching your videos is how you used the Diddy Hump to grab onto the opponent when they are putting up their shield.

Your biggest issue right now, Digy is that you roll too much. Rolling can lead you into severe punishments, like getting grabbed, hit by a free Fsmash, Dsmash can hit you on both sides. If your going to roll, at least roll away from your opponent and do it rarely.

Work on your out of shield game as well. You have plenty of options on what you can do oos, like use a Usmash, Utilt, bair, Fair, or toss a banana. As far as your spacing game goes, you tend to glide toss a lot when your right next to your opponent, if your right next to your opponent and you glide toss, the banana will go right through the opponent. However, if your standing right next to your opponent and you have a banana in your hand, toss the banana and then make the attempt to grab the opponent. Don't be so hasty to grab. Otherwise, you'll leave yourself wide open for direct attacks. Less whiffs and more Diddy Humps.

When it comes to air dodging, fast fall air dodge to make the attempt to grab the banana, so you won't struggle so much on picking up the banana and your safe from getting hit. Another really useful technique is, airdodge right before you hit the ground and it'll cancel your landing lag. Don't forget to fast fall, that is how your character can faster!

There were times you seemed to struggle pulling your bananas. What you need to do to fix that is at the start of the match, jump off the stage and pull out 2 bananas, then air toss the second banana (hitting your opponent and can lead to combos maybe). Z catch the bananas when your pulling one out, while your in the middle of the stage, so you can grab the banana quicker that way. Keep in mind you can Z-catch the banana when the banana is on the platform.

You have a good Diddy, but there's always room for improvement. Keep practicing with Diddy and you'll do well in future tournaments.

Hope that all helps

~Chompy~

Digy

Smash Rookie
Just from watching these videos, you seem to know the basics of Diddy Kong. I liked how you abuse the bair effectively when your opponent is standing right behind you at times. Another thing I liked about watching your videos is how you used the Diddy Hump to grab onto the opponent when they are putting up their shield.

Your biggest issue right now, Digy is that you roll too much. Rolling can lead you into severe punishments, like getting grabbed, hit by a free Fsmash, Dsmash can hit you on both sides. If your going to roll, at least roll away from your opponent and do it rarely.

Work on your out of shield game as well. You have plenty of options on what you can do oos, like use a Usmash, Utilt, bair, Fair, or toss a banana. As far as your spacing game goes, you tend to glide toss a lot when your right next to your opponent, if your right next to your opponent and you glide toss, the banana will go right through the opponent. However, if your standing right next to your opponent and you have a banana in your hand, toss the banana and then make the attempt to grab the opponent. Don't be so hasty to grab. Otherwise, you'll leave yourself wide open for direct attacks. Less whiffs and more Diddy Humps.

When it comes to air dodging, fast fall air dodge to make the attempt to grab the banana, so you won't struggle so much on picking up the banana and your safe from getting hit. Another really useful technique is, airdodge right before you hit the ground and it'll cancel your landing lag. Don't forget to fast fall, that is how your character can faster!

There were times you seemed to struggle pulling your bananas. What you need to do to fix that is at the start of the match, jump off the stage and pull out 2 bananas, then air toss the second banana (hitting your opponent and can lead to combos maybe). Z catch the bananas when your pulling one out, while your in the middle of the stage, so you can grab the banana quicker that way. Keep in mind you can Z-catch the banana when the banana is on the platform.

You have a good Diddy, but there's always room for improvement. Keep practicing with Diddy and you'll do well in future tournaments.

Hope that all helps

~Chompy~
hey, thanks chompy, i think the same haha, but im going to practice about that as soon as possible, see my last video of 17/02/11 vs Addy, the best king dedede in Mexico, just look and give me an oppinion please...

vs Addy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vg5PiTNx1wA

Top Bottom