• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Kentucky Brawl Power Rankings: PR is officially up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Or that maybe KB can avoid his losing records against Shugo or Infern or Y.b.M. to get a shot at who he feels is more favorable.

:phone:
Good post overall. As for this part, if I may - Shugo just straight up wins against me (I was beginning to get closer to beating him then he got supercharged from his East Coast exposure and gained more experience against Marth/Peach from Darc/Nicole so it's back to square one with those characters against him lol). The latter two were either losses via complete steamrolls or extremely close sets (last hit with each of these two: Infern at Sole's place forever ago and Y.b.M. at some TYM forever ago, the other losses I'm not sure but all were from forever ago anyway). I've improved against Snake by leaps and bounds (ask Sparta Kick or any other Snake I've fought recently) and I don't struggle against Kirby at all anymore (recent wifi sets against Y.b.M./other Kirbys as well as some farewell games during Ohayocon confirm that); so it's safe to say it'd be a lot closer to a 50/50 matchup if I faced either of them in tournament again (especially with my MK all trained up now), I'm very confident in saying so. Shugo is still going to be a tough force to get past because Falco footsies are gayyyyyyyyyyy. xD

Totally agree on the "none of our states winning regionals" thing haha.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
The legit saddest thing about this debate is that the amount of money on the line is what makes a tournament more or less serious, not the competition or the drive to be better than 30 other people entered in a tournament.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Well...it's true. No one cares about all of our individual pipe dreams when it comes to taking an event seriously. Some people give their best at all events (Me, Mister Eric, Clowsui, etc.) but it's simply not the same case for everyone. Monetary influence does indeed go a long way and it has to be accounted for.

Judo777

Smash Master
I know I've had this conversation with a few people, but I think:
1. Judo
2. (Kel)
3a. Kero (active)
(3/4)4/5. S2/Joey (active)
Kero (inactive)
Joey (inactive)

7/8/9. Eric/Ralph/Xisin

Not sure where to put (Overswarm). When I group names together, I do know know in particular where any of them fall, just that I think they are the same general skill level. Ralph is **** and the homie, though.
Kel dont count, hes OH

What's The Point

Smash Master
Money, and attendance, determines competitiveness. Smash is as much a social thing as it is a competitive one. The money involved is by the large people's way to determine how competitive and how social a tournamemt is. Stringing together 5 small cheap tournaments doesn't make them any more competitive. And it's relatively clear not everyone is taking them seriously. They're fine for PR tiebreakers and if you really need results but they in no major way should shape the PR.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Also - I still have yet to play Judo in a tournament set or otherwise. We should get on that bro.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
It's also why I put him (and Overswarm) in parenthesis.

I'm looking at the state's players (which Kel and OS would qualify for, even if they chose not to be a part of Kentucky's PR) in general and what I think their overall abilities are, not anything for a PR. Joey let me know I forgot 6.

6 is (Overswarm), probably.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I don't understand why you shouldn't count CSRBTs towards rankings when:

1. I have roughly 35 unique entrants in the league - AKA 35 people have deemed my tournament series important enough to invest in the series, more entrants than any S2D thus far (no disrespect intended Joey)
2. The series has a system in place that allows people who DO NOT have the capability to attend too many tournaments to improve their standings
3. The final tournament has a $5 separate entry fee ANYWAYS
4. The rankings accurately reflect a distribution of skill and only INCREASE in accuracy the more CSRBTs attended by an individual

The only real "weakness" to CSRBTs is that, like any other "circuit", people who enter at the last tournament and do not have existing seeding points get an extremely ****ed up bracket...but I'm thinking about ways to circumvent that. The inability to attend 5 events spread all across various weekends in a 2 month span is absolutely not a good reason to discount the accuracy and potential contribution of CSRBTs to your PR, especially when everybody there takes it seriously.
w/e bro I never take anything seriously.

BTW the point system is jank, I probably should have pointed it out sooner :p.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Money, and attendance, determines competitiveness. Smash is as much a social thing as it is a competitive one. The money involved is by the large people's way to determine how competitive and how social a tournamemt is. Stringing together 5 small cheap tournaments doesn't make them any more competitive. And it's relatively clear not everyone is taking them seriously. They're fine for PR tiebreakers and if you really need results but they in no major way should shape the PR.
^^^^ THISSSSSS

we said they're going to count, chillax bros

:phone:

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
You know, except for Tako (who trolls regardless), I can't think of a single person who didn't take Clowsui's tourney seriously. Everyone in it lives 2+ hours away. We aren't going to drive over 2 hours to sandbag.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Lol I love playing tako in tournament, there's like a set pattern of what we do irl. We're both laughing it up during the first game, the person who loses is still laughing during game 2 but gets a little quieter and more focused, then during the inevitable game 3 one or both of us just shuts up completely...until the scary *** last stock. xD

Kel

Smash Master

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
The Official ****tin' on S2 Thread
1. I'm running out of table flip gifs for this.
2. I'd appreciate if the title was changed to this.

That being said, due to the politics of the matter (what), I refuse to take a real public stance on any of this.
Other than I'm the best

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
1. I'm running out of table flip gifs for this.
2. I'd appreciate if the title was changed to this.

That being said, due to the politics of the matter (what), I refuse to take a real public stance on any of this.
Other than I'm the best
Best at Mega Man X, you mean.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Lol I love playing tako in tournament, there's like a set pattern of what we do irl. We're both laughing it up during the first game, the person who loses is still laughing during game 2 but gets a little quieter and more focused, then during the inevitable game 3 one or both of us just shuts up completely...until the scary *** last stock. xD
This is EXACTLY what happens when Sparta Kick and I play each other in tournament lmao.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
S2D has actual cash prizes; it doesn't meet S2's requirements.
I don't know it's just hard for me to have fun at a cash tourney like S2D. It's like stealing candy from a baby.

(who's going to s2d anyways)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
The people that usually go to S2D plus MegaRobMan :p
Hey man, I'm just trying to defend myself from people throwing slander everywhere.

Yo I'm not going to S2D >.>
Don't be skrd, I'm not even world record level on X. I mean, if you piece together my best times in stages as one, I'm pretty ****ing close, but that doesn't count. Ice Jumps are too hard :(

I lol'd. <3

<_< I know where this is going. <3
Megaman x race now. :0
32 cents, jump on it.

S2 isn't actually all that great at Mega Man X. Yesterday was his first time beating it.
Good, that means I won't lose.

DtJ S2n

Stardog Champion
BRoomer
I will challenge all of you to a megaman X race. But all of our routes have to start with Storm Eagle. If we're doing this we're doing it like champs.

Judo777

Smash Master
Beating Storm Eagle without a dash seems hard as hell. Like you have to jump over the typhoons now? Also the wind in general....

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Ptth, please X is such a cakewalk, even with only dash upgrade.

Try to beat X3 without any upgrades and only buster. That really gets plain aggravating.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Beating Storm Eagle without a dash seems hard as hell. Like you have to jump over the typhoons now? Also the wind in general....
It's still easy lol. It's possible to beat mmx without picking up the dash if you don't actually play chill penguins level and password through it and say that you didn't pick up the boots.

I'll play any game with any handicap, I just hate replaying stages for no reason. It's why I refuse to play elecmans stage before gutsmans, I am not going back for the magnet beam idgaf.

Ptth, please X is such a cakewalk, even with only dash upgrade.

Try to beat X3 without any upgrades and only buster. That really gets plain aggravating.
This man speaks the truth, but why would you want to know this, x3 is just aggravating anyway. Especially if you play the zero Mod, Zero controls like poop.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Saying a tournament with a prize shouldn't count when they are known Kentucky players there is silly. Taking away wins/losses between 2 known players is even worse. All of the reasons like D3 isn't someone's main char, prize money too low, I wasn't trying, probably thought you were bad etc are all JOHNS. That person earned their win despite whatever excuse can come up.

The more tournies there are to look at, the more accurate, less biased, and easier it will be to make your PR.

If you're going to take some people's johns for losses into considerations and not others, you will without question have unnecessary bias.
^just for reemphasis^. Also, you guys should only look at Genesis/Apex results for your PRs if people only try when money's on the line. Good luck gauging skill vs the various opponents you more than likely won't know much about. Fun fact, probably the only tournies I've sandbagged in have been FC's and Event 52 in KC. Each tourney alone had more money on the line than all the others combined I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom