• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Marth Video Critique Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyist

Smash Journeyman
Cause Ganon and Bowser are the most beast characters in this game.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
bowyer spammed warlock punch and panda spammed ground pound ROFL

anyway like i said, you camp. go aggro most of the time and youll probably get hit by something stupid... your horrid body placement is no excuse just cus it was doubles.
Fair enough. No johns. I did royally screw up. lol. And ya they were pretty much sandbagging lmao.

Dude how the **** did Falco and Marth lose to Ganon and Bowser XD

Sorry fear, I had to

Shoulda made them go double Yoshi. No one knows how to play him.
lol ya my fault. I'm pretty bad >>. But I originally said Yoshi and some random guy was like NO DON't DO IT! ONE OF THEM KNOWS HOW TO PLAY HIM!
Then Panda was gave the guy a "Shut up you idiot" look. lol

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I know they were sandbagging but **** I wasn't. I just got owned plain and simple. lol. I don't really care if they were sandbagging if I still lost. It just means I was doing something very very wrong. Thanks for pointing it out steel.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
why do you have to pick on solid and fear?
I lol'd a little. <3 Junk.

There were people recording every bloody match at the tournament but nobody is speaking up about any of the recordings. I'll try and get a hold of my singles matches so I won't have any more lame johns for losing. Instead I just lose cause I was being ******** >> My own fault. =b

∫unk

Smash Master
no johns on a dodge but its ok

i'm going to EC when i win enough money to go/i know i'm good enough to do really well and rep the wc

which means at some point i pick up mk

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
My post got drowned out and I think Bengals forgot about it. :(
No, I wrote out a long *** critique, then it somehow got deleted all the way at the end. Then I cut myself and am now in the hospital. I'll rewrite it when I get out (later tonight or tomorrow).

feardragon64

Smash Champion
moar videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85NnjZ5R9V4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUZamrM2KvM

I got an EasyCap, so I wanted to try it out. These are all videos from around the same time as the others I've posted; I'll try to suck less and get some better ones up soon.
You lean WAYYYY too far into your fairs. Same problem as me >>
So ya, learn to space yourself more in your fairs or you'll continuously fail epicly as Marth....just like me! =D

But ya, I recommend reading the stickies. Too much counter, you kept using like two moves(fair and DB....that was like it =[ ), almost no short hops(full hop is alright against DK but I don't think I saw a single SH in the entire match...).

Read the stickies.

Scott!

Smash Lord
moar videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85NnjZ5R9V4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUZamrM2KvM

I got an EasyCap, so I wanted to try it out. These are all videos from around the same time as the others I've posted; I'll try to suck less and get some better ones up soon.
As fear said, the lack of short hops was kind of painful. They really make approaching a lot less predictable, or at least harder to punish. I also find it easier to retreat with them in short hops, since in full hops, you need to put more time into going forward, but that's just personal preference.

In the DK one, you hit his shield with DB when he was near the edge a couple times. Once, you pushed him off with it. When he's that close, I like to use the down ending, since it's more likely to push them off, keeping them from punishing. Plus, it'll hit them once they're off, more likely.

And yeah, the stickies are really helpful. Most of the advice I could offer is said better there, and they're pretty comprehensive.

Keys1281

Smash Journeyman
Sword, your Marth is most likely better than mine anyways, so I can't critique too much. But anyways, all I can say is stop getting edgehogged ;] In other words, stall in the air using a db or two, until your opponent's invincibilty frames are over, then you can DS to make it back up.

I'll post a few videos of myself on here and will gladly take any advice. I have a lot of room for improvement, considering how my spacing's not the greatest; and that's half of what Marth's all about ;].

Sin_Shio

Smash Rookie
hey keys, sword here the problem with doing DB more than once for me is sometimes i accidentally dance lock myself but thanks for the tip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom