• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Marth Video Critique Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Well, I guess when someone catches on then I turn into a state of not knowing what to do next most of the time. I'll try and work on that. And that person has much better reaction time than I do so I got out skilled quite a bit.

Any tips on fighting aggressively against Olimar though? Like what to do if he shields this etc.

Odigo

Smash Apprentice
There's an old thread somewhere around here by Emblem Lord that talks about which attacks are safe on shield and which aren't.

I'd recommend finding it, reading it, remembering what's safe on shield, and practice spacing/tipping.

Also, look for the thread on dtilt traps. It'll help immensely.

It can be harder with Oli since his grab is so ridiculous, so staying in the air out of his grab range with good shield pressure so you don't get upsmashed seems to be a better option than standing in front of him. (That doesn't mean ALWAYS stay in the air obviously)

Shockdrake

Smash Cadet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCf0lX2ZhBA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTBQNxuJ_I8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HebJ-Qja-l4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtHAh15a7r8

I have a video of me winning and me losing against one of the better Marths in Ohio and against one of my homies. The win against Beegs was like the only one I got in an afternoon, but Mars and I go about 50:50. I think; he's been getting better faster than I have, I think. >_<
First Snake video.

Try not to land with an fair when he can shield. If he's suffering from lag, do it, but if he can put up a shield, he can ftilt you for good free damage.

Fair is a poke tool in this matchup (as in a lot of other matchups). SHFFfair is a Snakedash discouragement tool while you're far away, or a punishment tool setup if you're in the air and he's lagging (Fair > DS/DB/dtilt/etc.). An ftilt happy Snake will destroy you if you land in front of him trying to fair him. I'm not sure if you're always doing this. I haven't seen the whole video.

At 20 seconds, you stand on the platform to "ledgeguard". You can certainly drop through and FF an fair, but that's the ONLY thing you can do if you stand there. You took away your DS OOS, shieldgrab, DB, and hyphen smash (if he ledgejumps) options. Marth ledgeguards Snake best right near the edge. In this case, Snake could have just gotten up, shielded your fair and ftilted you. He rolled onstage and didn't take advantage of the opportunity to knock you offstage and edgeguard you.

You run off the ledges a lot and fair. That's one of the dangerous things to do against Snake when he's below. Utilt has the range of your jab in front of him, and it has sick range above. Don't fall into him from above. It's not a smart thing to do in general, actually. Your fairs in those situations aren't spaced. You keep fairing INTO them... =(

At 27 seconds, you dthrow him and stand ready to react. That's something you can try to do when he's at 50%+. At the low percents, you can try to chain fthrow x2 > DB. In this case, you would probably only land one fthrow > DB, but it's better than just dthrowing with no follow up.

As a small note, if you land a grab and you're facing away from the ledge and he's at very low percents, you can fthrow > pivotgrab > fthrow > DB him off the edge for some edgeguarding.

Try not to roll to his other side when he's invincible. Snakes like to ftilt1 toward you to bait a roll and then ftilt you the opposite way for free damage. In this case, you rolled for him, but you luckily didn't get punished for it.

At 0:48, you dthrew him at 10% with no reliable followup. Fthrow > DB or aerials.

You knocked Snake onto the ledge at 1:23. If you get him onto the ledge, RUN TO THE EDGE to take advantage of your ledgeguarding opportunity. If you stand a bit away from him, Snake has a heck of a time coming back on stage, especially in Lylat. Any ledgehopped attacks leave him open to your OOS options. A Ledgeroll leads to a turnaround dthrow back offstage. A ledgejump, which might be safe in other stages, leaves him vulnerable because he lands on the platform, where you can hyphen smash him. If he 2nd jumps, you got a free juggle trap set up for you.

You have more ledgehopped options than you use. Ledgehop nair (DI'ed back) can tip on the second hit if they don't expect it. At 1:40, Snake is an idiot and is standing right at the edge. You can press away and cstick an fair, and if he doesn't get hit by that, your DS recovery will get you back to the ledge and possibly hit him or knock him back.

Lol @ 3 spikes.
----

2nd Snake video. (I hate Marth dittos, sorry).

You tried for a SHFFfair again at 11 seconds. Maybe it works against this Snake though. Up to you. Looking through the rest of the video, it doesn't look like it works at all. You bair his shield at 0:35...

Small tip, if you're trying to hit behind you, and he's pretty close, bair may hit, but it has a lot of lag upon landing. Use uair instead. It autocancels, and against Snake, sets you up to juggle him for good damage if it's landed.

Remember you can tap away from the ledge and cstick an fair through the stage (usually tip). I mentioned this in the last video, but you seem to do a lot of fairs even when he's right on top of you.

Try walking against Snake. Grenades can be PS'd to save damage if you're walking. Dtilt can be used at any moment, and it outranges everything but his ftilt2. You can also capitalize on any mistakes or stupid laggy moves he uses with a dash > DB.

I don't see you baiting. You tend to just throw out an uair when he comes into range. If you always uair like that, he'll AD right through you. Wait for the AD if you think he'll do it, and then knock him back up or offstage.

Your approaches have a lot of FULL HOPPED fairs. I didn't notice this before. Is there a reason for this? Are you afraid of the grenades? You can walk > PS them or just let them hit you. If Snake pulls out a grenade while you're in midrange, you can just dash at him. He may throw it, but what does that do to you? He might roll backwards, and you can just hold your dash and grab him. Grab attacks won't explode the grenade, and you can time your throw so that it explodes while he's still in hitlag. When Snake pulls out a grenade, his options are horribly limited. You're fast, so take advantage of it if you can.

Try an approach with a dash > shield in front of him. If he ftilts, you get a free grab, DB, DS, or even dtilt > DB. Try a SHAD to his other side. Snake has no attacks with hitboxes behind him like say... MK. If you get to his other side, you can DB back, and even if he shields it, you can slow your DB and end with down version to shieldpoke. Sometimes, if he shields all of it, or if you stop the DB, he'll roll to your other side, which can be punished very simply with another DB (or DS at high %). Mix up your approaches.

At 2:11, I see the roll behind thing again. Snake ftilted nothing, but if he learns to expect it, he can even charge an fsmash in the opposite direction and hit you. Careful with that rolling. Find a different getaway plan and mix it up.

At 2:30, there's a whole session of hits taken while you try to get down to Snake, who's below you in the rock transformation. Don't approach in that situation at all. You'll get utilted, and Marth has a bad weak spot beneath him. If you really want to try to approach, go with a counter. He won't expect it if you haven't used it all match (and you haven't), and his first instinct will be to hit you. It's still a bad idea to approach in that situation in the first place though.

Have a nice read.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Ok, thanks. I'll try to find that thread later, but it wasn't in the list of Marth guides.

Just one question though, I realize I got ***** a lot by that Olimar's forward grab follow ups. After the forward throw what should I do? What usually happens is that he then does a pivot grab me and ****** my initial reaction of air dodging because he mixes his game play up with a f-air, n-air, u-smash, or whatever after the throw. It's too unpredictable for me to catch on and I think I should I have enough time to sidestep by that time but even so he could follow up with something else.

Schwaumlaut

Smash Apprentice
Hey, thanks for the remarks. I know my approach is pretty monotonous, but breaking bad habits is hard. Speaking of bad habits, I've turned tap jump back on, so hopefully retraining my hands will give me an opportunity to fix a lot of this stuff. There are a few things you mentioned I'd like to comment on.

Your approaches have a lot of FULL HOPPED fairs. I didn't notice this before. Is there a reason for this? Are you afraid of the grenades?
The full hops come from a combination of technical incompetence (HURR I WILL PRESS THE BUTTON) and cowardice. Steel's already castigated me for not being aggressive enough, but I spend a lot of time staying waaaay out of range because I'm trying not to get hit. Do you have any suggestions on how to avoid getting hit while staying closer? I feel like approaching leaves me really exposed, though dash -> shield and dash -> grab have helped.

At 2:11, I see the roll behind thing again. Snake ftilted nothing, but if he learns to expect it, he can even charge an fsmash in the opposite direction and hit you. Careful with that rolling. Find a different getaway plan and mix it up.
I roll way too much, but I rely on things like roll -> DB and shield -> DB because I'm not really clear on other good ways to take stage control. You mentioned dtilt earlier, and maybe it's not knowing the spacing or not having the technical skill to space it correctly, but I feel like aerial landing lag keeps me from poking after aerials, and I get blocked and punished on the ground.

At 2:30, there's a whole session of hits taken while you try to get down to Snake, who's below you in the rock transformation. Don't approach in that situation at all.
This was really, really ******** and I regret doing it.

Thanks for the advice!

Shockdrake

Smash Cadet
The full hops come from a combination of technical incompetence (HURR I WILL PRESS THE BUTTON) and cowardice. Steel's already castigated me for not being aggressive enough, but I spend a lot of time staying waaaay out of range because I'm trying not to get hit. Do you have any suggestions on how to avoid getting hit while staying closer? I feel like approaching leaves me really exposed, though dash -> shield and dash -> grab have helped.
Approaches tend to vary on character, depending on their size and if their aerials are good or not, but the typical approaches are:

For huge distance:
1) Dash > shield right in front of them.
2) Walk while PS'ing.

For mid-range:
1) Dash > DB (while opponent is lagging).
2) SH spaced Fair while moving forward (you c-stick your aerials right?) (not FF) and DI back the moment you fair, and aerial depending on his reaction (Shield = approach again; Roll behind = uair; Retreat = approach again).
3) Dash forward and SH backwards. Fair when you're closest.
4) Crossovers = SHAD to his other side, SH fair > SH uair landing on his other side (against big characters), SH fair > 2nd jump SH fair > uair landing on his other side (against big characters). Once on the other side, DB/grab or react as necessary.
5) SHDF = the DB boost messes up their timing and you can tip an fair sometimes. It's usually not expected, but it's sometimes easy to guard if they react well. Just remember that you don't HAVE to fair after the DB. You can just as easily back out.
6) Empty SHFF into land > dash grab or pivot grab if he shields.
7) Walk forward and dtilt, all while ready to shield. Dtilt has a lot of range and leads into DB many times.

In general:
Fake-outs: Run into midrange and empty SHFF backwards when you enter the region just out of his normal attack radius. If he approaches by himself, you can control your body position and fair him.

You may not have to approach at all though, depending on your opponent.

----
I roll way too much, but I rely on things like roll -> DB and shield -> DB because I'm not really clear on other good ways to take stage control. You mentioned dtilt earlier, and maybe it's not knowing the spacing or not having the technical skill to space it correctly, but I feel like aerial landing lag keeps me from poking after aerials, and I get blocked and punished on the ground.
A lot of people don't know how to walk. Sometimes people read that and start walking, but not completely in the way the speaker means.

When you're in very close range with an opponent, you can dash behind them and DB backwards or pivot grab. You can't shield in your initial dash, but any B move is performable in the opposite direction. (This is what makes the foxtrot useful, especially with no trip. You can pivot DBs or fmash out of dash). But you can also stroll right past your opponent if you read him well, because:

Many people are static in their game. They may run or walk when they're farther away from you, but once you're in range, they either attack, spotdodge, or roll, and they forget how to walk. If their opponent is on the other side, they spotdodge/shield and pivot an attack IN PLACE. What happened to walking? Remember that you're mobile when you're near your enemy too. You can dash away from an opponent if you're really close and DB immediately back. You get more space for your DB and your dash away sometimes makes them drop their shield. Against D3, you can hang around in his projectile range and dash under his waddledee throw to a DB or dash PAST him and pivotgrab. You can just walk past your opponent. You can walk out of the range of an attack and run back to punish with DB when they're in lag. You can do a lot when you start seeing how walking in close range lets you adjust your position and helps you set up attacks.

Also, there's a whole new world that opens when you, the player, realizes that the enemy has another side beside the one you happen to be on. If you watch videos of a lot of Marths, they poke and attack and do everything great, but from only ONE SIDE. If the position changes, it's because of a roll. Opponents have two sides: forward and behind. Most characters have very few options when you're behind them. They can't shieldgrab, for one thing. If you can figure out how to get there, you're set for some mindgames and some good damage.

C.J.

Smash Master
Schwaumlaut, quick note. I think you got faired his grenade while he was sitting in his shield every time. Don't. After the first few times you REALLY should have been fast falling into an grab and up throwing him. That way you don't get hit, he takes damage and because it's an uthrow at higher percent his own grenade (if you time the throw right) would kill him. Actually, from what I saw, you should just grab more in general. Marth is good at juggling, uthrow is great for starting juggles. As is DB4up.

And even though it works for you, if you want a different, possibly more reliable way to gimp snake's recovery when he recovers close to the stage, grab his cypher (or him, but if you grab him don't pummel) and it causes him to ff w/ gaining back his cypher (if you grab him it doesn't ff him, just normal fall. Same end result though.

Schwaumlaut

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I've been grabbing his grenade counters more frequently, though throwing him into explosions doesn't happen too often (he's pretty quick on the shield ~> dropped grenade - most of the ones you see in that video actually get faired just after they leave his hand). As far as cypher grabs go, I feel like their reliability depends a lot on the stage - I use them on Yoshi's Island, Pictochat, and other levels where the ledge is too low to SHdair. The main problem is that they only work if Snake goes too far over the ledge, while on many stages, SHdair actually goes below the ledge.

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
Me vs. Reflex.

http://www.megavideo.com/?d=LG4JELMZ

Looking for ZMT or Steel2nd critique. Just critique any match you like. They are all good.
Ok Im critiquing the second match because Yoshi's Island is Marth's worst neutral and I hate it. Delfino is a decent Marth stage, and its my personal best cp, so Ill critique the second one.

4:24- The match starts off and you got an early grab, you can fthrow to fsmash Charizard. Fthrow to fair is never really guaranteed and is used mainly as a mixup. Marth's fthrow is like Snakes and Gnw's down throw, it sets up conditioning opportunities. Fthrow to down tilt or another grab is better then a fair.

Note: Those fairs almost got you gimped early on in the Match.

4:30- I know its a friendly, so its not that serious. Just try not to dair so much if at all. The only time I do it is on Snake in his cypher and when returning from a ledge, since its like no risk.

4:37- Misspaced fair should of got you punished but he wasnt able to capitalize on the mistake.

4:51- Theres that fthrow to fair again, and he air dodged. By now you should never fair after a fthrow again unless he starts to NOT air dodge lol. This is why Marth's throws so do little percent, they allow basically free hits. Take advantage of them.

4:56- Fsmash is so bad, I know its hard to resist. Only fsmash to punish and at high percents (like 120% on heavies).

5:12- Kinda like how you did here. :)

5:16- You ran to the edge of the stage and squirtle basically jabbed through you. I would of taken a defensive position here because it seems that you didn't know really how to take care of Squirtle on this terrain. Jab and shield grab him. When you get a grab, you can grab release (similar to MK's but Squirtle cant get out) and dair/fair him at the edge.

Note: If you dont know how to handle a Pokemon, play slightly defensive and try to learn how they work. Eventually hes gonna be fatigued and do half damage and knockback. If they change Pokemon right in front of you (nobody really does), charge a shield breaker.

Ok well you ***** his second stock because you gave Squirtle no room to breathe and forced him off the stage. Good stuff.

6:26- Here you used dancing blade after moving toward him, that's like a instant red flag and he put his shield up and you got punished. You should try to use the third hit of dancing blade down to try and escape these situations.

6:36- Fsmash :( (Even if it hit, he wouldn't of been ko'd) You need to use dtilt when you WANT to fsmash at these low percents. Down tilt is safe when it hits a shield, safe if they roll out of their shield, and leads into a dancing blade and maybe a grab if it hits. Its so good.

6:45- You could of just stood there and usmashed doing like 17-21%. He air dodged before you even attacked.

7:11- Grab release to dsmash isn't guaranteed but its a good mixup and you never tried it yet. So its not bad at all that you tried this. Just dont do it again now because it wont work if it dont work the first time.

7:16, Failing to sweetspot the ledge got you ko'd. Just drop a little more to fix this problem, obviously lol.

7:26, Good choice of moves here, spot dodging and punishing with a quick dsmash. Unfortunately Ivysaur has to be heavy, but good stuff anyways.

Note: This is one of the most important times of the match. I dont know how many Marths get in this situation and fail to get the ko. You want to be just looking for spacing mistakes and lag after Ivysaurs moves. If you want, you can literally take a small hit, and hit them back to end the Match. In example after Ivysaurs forward b, you can sometimes get a dsmash in, after DI'ing out.

7:38- KO opportunity missed, he rolls behind you from the ledge. You can stand there and up b a ledge get up attack, a regular get up, or a roll by reversing the up b. Its kinda hard to get at first but no character besides maybe Metaknight or Pit should of got back on at that percent.

8:03- I dont know what he was doing here but you took advantage of his mistake and ko'd him with a fsmash.

Overall: You did good in this game, there were a few chances where you had better options and didnt take them. Not only in this game, but in all of them. In example, using fsmash instead of a down tilt. You never jabbed, which comes in 4 frames and beats like any aerial. I would explore your moveset more and you'll see so many changes in your game. The only time to dancing blade is when you can see them in lag of a move, they spot dodge excessively, or if they roll behind you. Usmash is an excellent punisher as well and is Marths most damaging move in terms of percent. Use it when they land on the ground because you dont have to worry about any crossups due to its amazing hitbox. Otherwise, good Marth and keep up the good work.

legion598

Smash Ace
mkay this video requires a jhonning introduction; friendlies, playing stupidly, and of course a suicide. I would get a better video but its gonna be a long time until I can get another so just assume im about 70% more skilled then this and without further adieu my marth: www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG9CcCjPaMY (no sound either just music)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Just in case it was missed .
owl (me) vs dmt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=strtUecQJW4

and
me vs projo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqOeKI-2_Dc - had problem with Z it just kept grabbing randomly grrr still fun match
Ill critique the first one vs sheik since this thread is dying.

:17, you get ***** by sheik rolling behind you two times in a row. this is because you committed yourself to the fair after he started the roll, but because of human reaction times this is normal and sometimes a problem for marth. in these situations you could try to either bair or up air as you fall down, or if you want to avoid the situation entirely simply DI forwards to get away from sheik.

:22, bad spacing on the ledge and mindless attacks get you punished

:30, guessing that neutral b was a finger slip

:31, you put yourself in a bad position by going back onto the platform, why didn't you just land? you get hit again.

:39, dtilt would have been better than dash attack

:41, you power shield a dash attack and you... counter?

:48, sheik already committed to landing on top of you with an aerial, why'd you bring down your shield?

:52, if you ever do a regular get up and your opponent has their shield up just grab him and throw him out.

:59, stop countering. you're letting sheik run all over you. i haven't really noticed any decent zoning yet. dtilt ***** sheik's entire ground game and shuts down all of her dart like approaches, use it more.

1:11, if someone is ever spamming spot dodge do NOT use your laggiest attack in marth's arsenal. use dancing blade or pivot grab. somehow he failed to punish and missed his KO opportunity

1:22, you unnecessarily spot dodge and miss your opportunity to apply pressure. sheik gets inside your sword range and you lose your first stock.

1:32, wow @ your roll punishing habits. if you replace any of those fsmashes you just did with a dtilt you would be ****** these rolls with dancing blade

1:35, sheiks will often try to follow up their needles, should have done a retreating fair in this situation

1:39, another counter. this is exactly what sheiks want you to do vs her, succumb to her pressure and start playing defensive and scared. you have a SWORD, use it more effectively to keep her out and pressure HER.

1:42, sheik misses an upsmash and you try to punish with the second hit of dsmash? >_>

1:58, you're still letting sheik move around freely, you need to how to properly zone her better. dMT's roll habits are horrible

2:06, you land a fair but then let your body in front of your sword and land on top of sheik with another one that hits her shield, what you should have done is landed then dtilted her at tipper range

2:09, sh db puts you in a bad position, sheik fails to punish and forgets to shield your fsmash

2:18, stop being predictable when getting off platforms, sheik has punished you so much for it. you shoulld have fallen through and up aired

2:42, NEVERRRRR TRY TO PUNISH SHEIK WHEN SHE CHANGES WHILE HAVING INVINCIBILITY FRAMES.

2:55, you're starting to punish her movements more, but your use of fsmash is really awkward

2:57, stop using dancing blade in the air, it doesnt work unless you know what you're doing with it.

you pretty much got lucky lol, sheik was running all over you and to me it seemed you got lucky half the times you hit her.

@other critiquers, step it up plz

VGSteve

Smash Apprentice
So this is what I picked up:

:17, Bad spacing, led to punishment from F-Smash

:18, finish your SD

:33, I…don’t know why you did that… Don’t just throw out a SB hoping that your opponent will run into it.

:43, you really eat that dash attack. It’s just DYING to be shield grabbed, make sure you are accessing the situation careful before going on the offensive, that way you can be ready to block anything and have a counterattack planned.

:53, Okay, that was just silly, you got punished for it.

1:09, I was going to complain about your whiffed F-Smash, but then you landed a SB. That is how you use the move, watch your opponent’s shield, then stab it. On the topic of F-Smashes, you do tend to miss a few, and even though it didn’t happen all the time, you could be severely punished.

1:17, nice way to punish a roll.

1:47, … don’t do that. I know you had controller problems but you weren’t even facing him. This segues nicely into something else. You tend to miss a lot of grabs, try focusing more on shield grabs, especially against someone who is in your face all the time.

2:03, If you are going to punish with SB, always assume that they are going to move. Let it off early, you would have hit him before he moved.

2:40, nice stage spike.

2:50, that was risky, and you couldn’t recover from it. Avoid spiking that early.

4:11, oww, that kinda sucked. I know I skipped a lot, but a lot of it was mistakes you previously made. You go to finish the Yoshi, and you got spiked, match ended.

More general remarks: Nice music swap, I've got the Golden Sun Battle Theme playing on FD on my Wii. That aside, you tend to have this problem with throwing out attacks and hoping that your opponent walks into them. Your job is to punish, not predict (well, I suppose you could if you conditioned them good). You also attack in the wrong direction a lot. Learn to finish your SD. Grabs are not the "be it and end all", so don't rely on trying to get close to your opponent to grab them.

tl;dr: If it hurts when you do that, stop doing it.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
@VGSteve: He has to predict and punish, and he should start now conditioning or not, it can just be from observed habits.

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
You (if that is your marth in that video) did some WAY unsafe things. Never, EVER use dair unless u are planning to spike snake (which you probably could have done if u tried hard enough). Using shieldbreaker at the ledge isnt very effective either considering shieldbeaker is for shields. Also, if you are going to juggle snake, work on your spacing. I noticed you doing uair directly on snake and it missed and his dair hit u (shouldnt happen, uair ourtanges his dair).

VGSteve

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the correction Rukkiko. I suppose what I wanted to say was if you're going to predict, do it properly, and in such a way that you don't get punished.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Thanks for the correction Rukkiko. I suppose what I wanted to say was if you're going to predict, do it properly, and in such a way that you don't get punished.
Np, good critiquing aswell.

Critique: legion598

0:13 - You let him charge for all that time? Here you coulda easily walked/dashed --> powershield and punish. Or, throw that captured peanut back at him.
0:14 - Well a little too late if you ask me 0.o Glide toss gets punished.
0:26 - Why'd you roll towards the edge? You put youself in a bad position and let him recover freely.
0:36 - Bad spacing gets you shield grabbed.
1:09 - Eh, I woulda just went for some off-stage Fair pressuring here. He recovers safely.
1:35 - Jumped straight into the ****. By now you should be predicting where it'll hit, and this is actually a good time to use counter.
2:05 - It's actually about tiem you got punshed for that predictable Nair ledge recovery. I saw it like 4 times, you lose a stock.
2:14 - SDI or DS maybe? 0.o
2:16 - Tipper shieldbreaker or Fsmash maybe???? 0.o
2:56 - Button slip, nice sd lol
3:14 - over. blind agression leads to another SD, end game.

Well I watched the video once through, so here's a general before the in-depth. You did very good despite the loss, you pressured him and really messed up his banana game. Excellent. However, your move selection is questionable. I saw many great DB or even Fsmash punishment opportunities, but you'd do a whole other, less rewarding or more risky move. Next, you were sort of predictable. You can tell when you where gonna glide toss, and your ledge recovery was quite easily figured out. Fix these up, and your on your way to a good Marth.

I'm back baby =]

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
lawl I sux:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dg0WuSG8rio&feature=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkjjZ-hzL8U&feature=channel_page

First Jigglypuff I've ever fought (no one uses her):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaJLD_FdLQo&feature=channel_page

Note: I have poor technical skill so a lot of mistakes will be from me inputting something wrong.

Critique: Kishin

Well 1)this is Wi-Fi, and 2)your opponent was bad (no Phantasm spam? A crime). However, some things I saw were inexcusable. First your spacing was kinda off at times, leading you to jump into his attacks. Next, you have to an overly defensive play style. This caused your one-dimensional, predictable approach, you run forward, run backward, the go in for an attack. You have to play a little more offensive, not letting him gain control. Speaking of, your actions made you give up stage control quite often, this gives your opponent the upper hand. Finally, learn to powershield projectiles and stop rolling so much, Marth's roll sucks. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom