• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Decomfirmation week.

Wtf, it's like Sakurai is purposely crushing people's dreams. Not like I care much about Munch and Lyn but, meh.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I want something unpredictable... Not Lucas (please no. Ness should be in first!).

However, I'm doubting it will be a character at all. Probably an AT, an item, or something to that effect.
Oh wow. I was actually right for once!

Just another character deconfirmed. :ohwell:

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Juicy! Two deconfirmations in a row.
Now all he needs to do is give us another Boss, and end the week with Lucas.
Bwahahahahaha!
Though every AT that isn't Tingle worries me slightly. Just show us the Tingle AT already!!!

Weed

Smash Lord
Being the ******* he is, tomorrow we can expect something along the lines of Ridley and Sonic, double boss special!

..****

iMichael

Smash Lord
Pretty harsh words there dont ya think?

its not the end of the world is it? she wasnt important anyway(no hard feelings)

Muffin_man

Smash Journeyman
Eh, I didn't expect Lyn to be playable after Ike was shown off and pretty much confirmed to not be a clone of Marth or Roy. Assuming Roy gets the axe (which he probably will), I'd say more than two characters for the FE series would've been pushing it, especially since other franchises like Mother and F-Zero haven't had a second representative ever.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Good, Good, More Space for Darth Vader ahem i mean BK. And Lyn wasn't important to the franchise as a whole, unlike Marth.

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Black Knight is just as unimportant as Lyn... even if he does have two games... he's not even a main character...

JPW

Smash Ace
I felt Lyn would be an assist.

It just too far away from the original. Be better giving us someone like a Legendary FE fighter or one of the newbies from Radiant Dawn.

I have the same feeling for Hector and Ephraim.

This was kind of unexpected today in a way I felt.

FE should have at least 2-3 reps though for the roster.

Be an insult if FE went down to just 1.

And FE may seem like a small franchise to you, but it's actually a big franchise with its own cult group. I mean there are 10 FE games. Oh nah the FE series sux, doesn't it. They shouldn't have too many characters. Yet wait a second it's been around for 20 years, and has had 10 games.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Juicy! Two deconfirmations in a row.
Now all he needs to do is give us another Boss, and end the week with Lucas.
Bwahahahahaha!
Though every AT that isn't Tingle worries me slightly. Just show us the Tingle AT already!!!
Warning! New Challenger Approaching:
Tingle

XD Imagine if that actually happened. This whole section of the boards would just implode.

My god the horrors...

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
I'm planning to wear black clothes and perform bomb attacks at brawl's building...
WHO IS IN?

zKillah

Smash Journeyman
Lyn, Lyn, Lyn... and she looks so good in the post, too...Oh, well.

I hope FE has more than two representatives, as well. It is one of Nintendo's older franchises, and has become more popular recently. There is a wealth of characters to choose from, and I think it would be foolish not to have at least three in Brawl. It's because there are so many characters that I'm not discouraged to see Lyn as an AT.

She looks like she might've been pretty cool, but there are more resources to be tapped. Mages, axe-wielders and thieves to name a few. Two of these are featured in the next FE game, and I really hope to see at least one in Smash.

And I don't think we can base franchise representation on previous installments in the Smash series. Brawl has spent a much longer time in development with a much larger team. Just because" X" franchise had n bumber of characters doesn't really have bearing on other franchises. I think Sakurai will work with what he's got, and FE has A LOT to work with.

ARX-7 Arbalest

Smash Journeyman
Temple Hills, Maryland or University of MD, Baltim
aww i was rooting for lyn being a playable character...oh well.
kudos to sakurai for coming up with the AT idea. its getting characters we want in (just not playable)

now, im willing to bet that before the week is over we will get one of three things

1. Returning Vet (either capt. falcon, ness, or luigi)

2. A new feature of a returning vet (luigi recieving the mario treatment [aka, his down b is now the poltergust 3000] or ness becoming lucas)

3. we'll finally learn Kirby's FS (COOKING MAMA-Puffball)

Shuma

Smash Hero
@Corax:

The Black Knight IS a main character and one of the main villains of the game, he is even playable.

JPW

Smash Ace
@Corax:

The Black Knight IS a main character and one of the main villains of the game, he is even playable.
if you are going to reveal spoilers keep them hidden or give us a warning.

I can't stand it we're nowhere near a FE forum yet you guys are spoiling everything. Not everyone owns a copy of Radiant Dawn yet.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NONONONONONONONONO
THIS IS FAKE ALL FAKE

**** SAKURAI GOD ****ING ****IT
WHY?!?!?!
JUST LEAVE HER OUT OF THE GAME WHY DONT YOU?!
That's bull****.

Well, at least I can look forward to Halo in a couple of weeks..

Yeah... :(

My favorite character, reduced to a pokeball. I guess she's in the game at least. I didn't expect her to be in Brawl at all. :shrug: I guess life will just have to go on.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
GRRRR!!! WTF SAKURAI!? WHATS TAKING YOU SO LONG TO DECONFIRM BLAZIKEN ALREADY!!??? :mad::mad:

but anyway, its another item update. bleh -A-
I really want him to be confirmed too. But I also like Lucario.. I doubt they would have 10 Pokemon characters in all (counting the PKMN trainer and his Pokemon as 4). If Pichu goes thats 9. But Pikachu is already in. Jigglypuff is most likely coming back. PKMN Trainer is confirmed. That leaves a spot for one or two more.. so Mewtwo, Lucario, Blaziken or something random like Mime Jr. I just hope whoever they pick has a good moveset.

I still Think Capt. Falcon will be confirmed this week.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
I really want him to be confirmed too. But I also like Lucario.. I doubt they would have 10 Pokemon characters in all (counting the PKMN trainer and his Pokemon as 4). If Pichu goes thats 9. But Pikachu is already in. Jigglypuff is most likely coming back. PKMN Trainer is confirmed. That leaves a spot for one or two more.. so Mewtwo, Lucario, Blaziken or something random like Mime Jr. I just hope whoever they pick has a good moveset.

I still Think Capt. Falcon will be confirmed this week.
You DID see that he said DEconfirmed, right? lol.

Bloshi

Smash Ace
I felt Lyn would be an assist.

It just too far away from the original. Be better giving us someone like a Legendary FE fighter or one of the newbies from Radiant Dawn.

I have the same feeling for Hector and Ephraim.

This was kind of unexpected today in a way I felt.

FE should have at least 2-3 reps though for the roster.

Be an insult if FE went down to just 1.

And FE may seem like a small franchise to you, but it's actually a big franchise with its own cult group. I mean there are 10 FE games. Oh nah the FE series sux, doesn't it. They shouldn't have too many characters. Yet wait a second it's been around for 20 years, and has had 10 games.
The FE series isn't small, it's huge in fact. The problem with it that makes it look small is the fact that you don't ever personally associate with any of the characters. They even added in a conversation mechanic that tried to fix this and add character development, but essentially FE remains the same: a strategy game with you being the all-powerful master, and every character being pawns that can be permanently lost. That's just the way I feel about the game every time I play it, like I don't really know any of the characters, because the game, despite being an rpg, has no personal journey. It's a fantastic strategy game, but I never apply faces to each of those people I control. For me, putting FE characters in smash is like putting a koopa troopa or a stalfos in: I know where they're from, but who are they really? So that's why Lyn seems proper as an AT to me.

Just giving my two cents on the whole FE thing, albeit in the wrong thread.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
The FE series isn't small, it's huge in fact. The problem with it that makes it look small is the fact that you don't ever personally associate with any of the characters. They even added in a conversation mechanic that tried to fix this and add character development, but essentially FE remains the same: a strategy game with you being the all-powerful master, and every character being pawns that can be permanently lost. That's just the way I feel about the game every time I play it, like I don't really know any of the characters, because the game, despite being an rpg, has no personal journey. It's a fantastic strategy game, but I never apply faces to each of those people I control. For me, putting FE characters in smash is like putting a koopa troopa or a stalfos in: I know where they're from, but who are they really? So that's why Lyn seems proper as an AT to me.

Just giving my two cents on the whole FE thing, albeit in the wrong thread.
She was one of the main characters in the FE (7 I think?) for the GBA. The other two were Eliwood (Roy's father) and Hector (meh).

I dunno; I always liked Lyn as a character, and was uber happy when I got her back as a playable in the game. :shrug:

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
I predict that tomorrow, there will be a new character!

If I had to guess, probably Kind Dedede.

Either that, or a returning character, either Ness, Captain Falcon, or Luigi.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I predict that tomorrow, there will be a new character!

If I had to guess, probably Kind Dedede.

Either that, or a returning character, either Ness, Captain Falcon, or Luigi.
I get the feeling Ness is gonna be canned for Lucas (since Sakurai wanted Lucas in Melee, but Mother 3 got delayed, so he kept Ness). C. Falcon and Luigi I expect to return.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I won't mind them replacing Ness with Lucas on the singular condition that they bring MOTHER 3 to the states. I've wanted to play it for a while now...

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
If he gives me Lucas this week I will forgive him for starving us for character updates for so long. They last two weeks didn't have a single update I cared about. The last one that was cool was Diddy, or mabe Trainer's moves.

Top Bottom