• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Sinn

Smash Lord
Giygas? He was so........massive o_o What would happen, the entire background switches to the final battle background while the trophy's effect takes place?

OlimarPWNS200

Smash Apprentice
I say an item...Sakurai hates us THAT much *still bummed because he made Lyn an AT*
Even tho its so painful to watch items and game modes pass by, the good news is that he is going to have to start posting characters and FS! So in reality hes making it better towards the future adn other posts to come!Dont worry we'll all forget about Lyn next week or the week after.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
If he doesn't give us a character tomorrow, I am on the first flight to Japan to punch Sakurai in the face, because he's starting to piss me off.

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
If he doesn't give us a character tomorrow, I am on the first flight to Japan to punch Sakurai in the face, because he's starting to piss me off.
read that again, to yourself. think about the implications of trying to dictate to the creator of the game what he should post on a site he voluntarily spills game information on to.

then slap yourself.

hard.

goodkid

Smash Lord
Hmm, Sakurai is definetly leading us in the wrong direction. I don't know for tomorrow, he's using good mindgames.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
BEWARE THE NEXT UPDATE!!! IT WILL BE ONE THAT WILL SHOCK AND DISMAY YOUR VERY SOUL!!!

On a side note I did hear some mention of Lyn being a playable character from others here on SWF and well... There's your answer: she's an AT. Hey, at least she's IN the game.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Prediction for tonight.. hmm.. let's see...

SOMETHING THAT'S ACTUALLY GOOD.

If we continue to get these complete **** updates I might have to take a hiatus from following Brawl on a daily basis.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Wow, I really don't know what to expeect, this is like shooting while blindfolded (Sakurai did very well with the mind games...)..

I'M GUESSING A FINAL SMASH!!!! :)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
A character. I'm not specifying whether it's a newcomer or veteran, because it's too unpredictable. It probably won't even be a character, but I can only hope.

Jesus, will you people stop *****ing already?

You guys are acting like Sakurai owes something to you, as if he goes by a schedual. He updates the site with what he feels like, when he feels like it. Just because you have personal issues with what you see doesn't mean that you have all right to complain. Sakurai owes us nothing.

Grow up.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
You guys are acting like Sakurai owes something to you, as if he goes by a schedual. He updates the site with what he feels like, when he feels like it. Just because you have personal issues with what you see doesn't mean that you have all right to complain. Sakurai owes us nothing.
Normally, when we just get that one bad update in a week and people complain, I would entirely agree.

But in the past two (going on three) weeks we've had about four good, solid updates worth talking about. Those being (since the awesome double K.K. Rider! and Yoshi's Final update); Four Special Move Types (Meta Knight's complete moveset), PT's Special Moves, Mario's FLUDD (for showing us they're not afraid to change things drastically), and maybe, maybe My Music.

What else have we had? Let me break it down.

Petey Piranha - an unnecessary adventure mode update.
Superspicy Curry - an item that we could've waited until release to see. It gets points for being extremely retro.
Andross - same as Superspicy.
Gliding - nothing new or interesting.
WarioWare - yawn. Gimmick stages are plain stupid until we have a chance to see them in motion.
Pit's Descent - another unnecessary adventure mode update.
Diddy Kong: Special Moves - the very two moves that they ALREADY CONFIRMED in his profile. They get points for having some unorthodox aspects thrown in.
Meta Knight - I don't need to explain this one.
Pokémon Stadium 2 - should've happened weeks ago. Got points for being double updated.
Munchlax - boring. Should've been double updated.
Lyn - same as above. Also: two summons two days in a row? wtf?

Sakurai has seriously slowed down on the exciting updates. Perhaps he gave us too many newcomers too fast? That may be so, but I know I'm not the only one that's becoming worried over the size of Brawl's roster. I'm expecting 34-38, which is among the lowest of the predictions here, and I think that's a reasonable number. I'm actually worried that it's going to be less than that.

This was probably a waste of a post, since I know most people won't even read it. But it helped me kill 20 minutes and hopefully I managed to justify, at least a little, why the updates as of late have begun frustrating me so deeply.

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
I think it'll be a Melee newcomer this week because of the placement of the characters in the select screen.
I hope it's either Ness, Ice Climbers or Sheik (just cause I want to see Wiseguy snap.)

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
Normally, when we just get that one bad update in a week and people complain, I would entirely agree.

But in the past two (going on three) weeks we've had about four good, solid updates worth talking about. Those being (since the awesome double K.K. Rider! and Yoshi's Final update); Four Special Move Types (Meta Knight's complete moveset), PT's Special Moves, Mario's FLUDD (for showing us they're not afraid to change things drastically), and maybe, maybe My Music.

Superspicy Curry - an item that we could've waited until release to see. It gets points for being extremely retro.
WarioWare - yawn. Gimmick stages are plain stupid until we have a chance to see them in motion.
Diddy Kong: Special Moves - the very two moves that they ALREADY CONFIRMED in his profile. They get points for having some unorthodox aspects thrown in.
Pokémon Stadium 2 - should've happened weeks ago. Got points for being double updated.

Sakurai has seriously slowed down on the exciting updates. Perhaps he gave us too many newcomers too fast? That may be so, but I know I'm not the only one that's becoming worried over the size of Brawl's roster. I'm expecting 34-38, which is among the lowest of the predictions here, and I think that's a reasonable number. I'm actually worried that it's going to be less than that.

This was probably a waste of a post, since I know most people won't even read it. But it helped me kill 20 minutes and hopefully I managed to justify, at least a little, why the updates as of late have begun frustrating me so deeply.

Don't worry, I read it all. Nice post, really. As for the update, I'm really looking forward to a newcomer. Lame updates we;ve had so far, and they were both items..wtf.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Honestly, for the size of the roster, I think Sakurai is keeping it away until the release of the game. All he needs to do is reveal the default characters (most likely Lucas [if he replaces Ness], Captain Falcon, and the Ice Climbers) and maybe any other newcomer that'll be default. Other than that, I'm sure Sakurai is keeping unlockables safe (most likely characters people all want like Ridley or King Dedede) until the Japanese release of the game.

I'm predicting a character.

What may not be good to you may be very interesting to another.

Despite what you said, you, nor anyone else has room to complain about the information we recieve. The updates shouldn't upset you because these are his personal dedications. If you can't appreciate them, then your just as humble as a spoiled child.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Meh. Well at least it doesn't deconfirm anybody. Still I want a character!

Yet another night I should have gone to bed.

The Bino

Smash Lord
Halberd = banned from tournies!
Why don't ppl like you stop trying to figure out what is going to be banned from tourney's and what is going to be playable at tourney's

Once there is something that seems wrong or indifferent from Melee you guys automatically jump to the conclusion that its banned from tournaments

Little info for you - This is Brawl, not Melee, don't compare the 2, this game will be different from Melee, as well as the tournament scene will be different, stop trying to make assumptions for tournaments for Brawl when we haven't played the game yet, so we don't know how it plays out

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Why don't ppl like you stop trying to figure out what is going to be banned from tourney's and what is going to be playable at tourney's

Once there is something that seems wrong or indifferent from Melee you guys automatically jump to the conclusion that its banned from tournaments

Little info for you - This is Brawl, not Melee, don't compare the 2, this game will be different from Melee, as well as the tournament scene will be different, stop trying to make assumptions for tournaments for Brawl when we haven't played the game yet, so we don't know how it plays out
Dude, the stage shoots a laser at you. How is that possibly going to be tourney legal. Dont get your panties in a bunch.

Top Bottom