• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

BuSHiDo

Smash Apprentice
I thought that was a fun oxymoron.

I don't disagree that turning off items gets rid of a large amount of the random chaotic elements that can completely throw a game one way or another, and some stages ARE much less conducive to actual fighting than the ones you listed. But given how amazing the Brawl stages look, I doubt I personally will be limiting myself to only a few. And no items? With the new Smash Ball? That's like telling your character to take their uber special and shove it. Plus I think items in general, aside from certain ones (in my opinion, specifically healing items and hammers), are meant to add depth and strategy more so than anything else.
Well yeah, like I said I know that stuff is fun and I also enjoy it from time to time. When Brawl comes out, I am going to play with items, I am going to play all the stages, I am going to try out every characater at least once, but once that stuff wears off, I'm going to play the way I play Melee. Stages that don't kill, no items, 4 stocks.

How many people here have played the first Super Mario Strikers? That game is a lot of fun, but after having played it a few times, I gave up trying to do the super strikes simply because I was soooo bored of the same old cut scene of one of them flying in the air and their eyes turning red and so on. I imagine I will feel the same way about any of the new items and especially about the final smashes. I will think they are cool the first 30 or 40 times, but after that I won't care to see them anymore and I'll switch the items off and want to play it the same way I play Melee.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
yeah this weeks been very underwhelming im seriously hoping for some big news on friday, hopefully a new character or a new video clip

Xaron Fisk

Smash Journeyman
What did he do to get banned anyways? Does he rant and go on and on how he's "The Best" in all of Melee? I gotta say he plays furious but I seriously doubt dat he's da best in all of da world. I should know, he's my twin brotha!

Well, once again with this update Sakurai fails. I can't stress this enough. He hates us all for no reason.
you're his brother? lol I think you're probably just him... but ok. I don't know exactly what he got banned for, but he did act like a crazy cartoon character sometimes. i'm still looking forward to that brawl online grudge match so he better come back

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
Hmm... Maybe since this whole week we've been predicting something awesome, we gave up due to the fact that these past updates kinda sucked. *not the stage* So we might be getting something bad-***..or another not so great update, but don't get me wrong: I love the fact that we're even getting updates, and sometimes I'm just grateful even if I find the update, not so cool.

Thursday: Captain Falcon / Dedede..LOL I GOT IT. CARLOS MENCIA'S DEDEDE. OMFG I JUST GOT IT.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Im guessing lucario pokeball... for the next week. I just know its inevitable.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
What a last 3 weeks. I guess Sakurai's trying to get the not-so-OMFG updates outta the way.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way...

I'll repeat my earlier prediction of a crappy Subspace update, with a profile tomorrow to finish out the week.

I think I'm going to go to sleep early tonight. Staying up until 3 has really started feeling unsatisfactory.

Edit: Check that. Going to play Pac Pix (surprisingly fun) and get a snack, then see what time it is and how I'm feeling...

Equinox076

Smash Apprentice
I think I have an answer as to why this week's announcements havent been so great.
Sakurai is probably saving all of the good info for the tokyo game show which starts next week.

Anyways, tonights update will be character related...

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I think I have an answer as to why this week's announcements havent been so great.
Sakurai is probably saving all of the good info for the tokyo game show which starts next week.

Anyways, tonights update will be character related...
I'm pretty sure Nintendo won't be at TGS this year. Can someone please confirm?

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I'm REALLY hoping for a character or boss update. Either those or something Mother or Metroid related.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Want it to be: Geno

Guess: If character, Cap Falcon for Vet, Lucas for new...

Other: Beam Sabre

Top Bottom