• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
Do I get points for not being trolled out of pure apathy :D

But seriously, I was talking to logan earlier and he told me everyone is purposely giving lokii the worst advice they can think of so that she quits league, brawl, etc., etc.

Remember, ALWAYS facecheck the bushes lokii

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
^^^Adorbs(Lokii's post).

We need more love: Less rage.

I think that one of the most valuable, maybe even THE most valuable thing to have in this game, or in any game, or even in life, is the desire to get better. No matter what it is you are involved in. However, this desire to get better MUST be coupled with the willingness to change. If you want to be better, you must realize that this better version of yourself doesn't play like you. Sure, you might play the same character, and even do the same thing between stocks, but what makes this version better is that he has rid himself of all of the ugly habits, and bad attitudes that kept him as. . .well. . .you.

The road to getting better starts with the acceptance that you're going to have to get past obstacles that may be frustrating. It's important to realize that the biggest obstacle is yourself. Sure, we can all complain that Falco is gay, or that this guy camps, or this other guy is playing cheap, but the fact is that these complaints do nothing to make you better, and even send your progress in the other direction. If you continually tell yourself that "There is nothing I can do to get around that," you'll eventually start to believe it, rendering your opponent virtually invincible. Find a way around whatever strategy this guy is throwing at you. Find it, and then beat him, and then beat him again. If he refuses to switch it up, just keep winning. Just let go of how you think things should be, and take an objective look at how they are. Once you do this, you can see what you need to change to become that better you.

THAT'S how you get better.

A-Laon

Smash Master
hate [heyt] verb, hat·ed, hat·ing, noun

verb (used with object)
1. to dislike intensely or passionately; feel extreme aversion for or extreme hostility toward; detest: to hate the enemy; to hate bigotry.
2. to be unwilling; dislike: I hate to do it.

verb (used without object)
3. to feel intense dislike, or extreme aversion or hostility.

noun
4. intense dislike; extreme aversion or hostility.
5. the object of extreme aversion or hostility.

Origin:
before 900; Middle English hat ( i ) en, Old English hatian (v.); cognate with Dutch haten, Old Norse hata, Gothic hatan, German hassen

Related forms
hat·er, noun
self-hate, noun
un·hat·ed, adjective
un·hat·ing, adjective
un·hat·ing·ly, adverb

Synonyms

1. loathe, execrate; despise. Hate, abhor, detest, abominate imply feeling intense dislike or aversion toward something. Hate, the simple and general word, suggests passionate dislike and a feeling of enmity: to hate autocracy. Abhor expresses a deep-rooted horror and a sense of repugnance or complete rejection: to abhor cruelty; Nature abhors a vacuum. Detest implies intense, even vehement, dislike and antipathy, besides a sense of disdain: to detest a combination of ignorance and arrogance. Abominate expresses a strong feeling of disgust and repulsion toward something thought of as unworthy, unlucky, or the like: to abominate treachery.

Antonyms
1. love.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
If anyone is interested in MMOs at all, you should check out Guild Wars 2. Here's a pretty good video:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/g...ve/2012/04/13/guild-wars-2-video-preview.aspx

It's free monthly, and is gonna have pretty in depth PvE and PvP. PvP's gonna be balanced for esports and is totally separate from PvE, so if you're into that stuff, it's kind of like a MOBA (like LoL, Bloodline Champions, DotA, etc), it's really cool and worth checking out.

If you think it's cool and wanna try it out when it comes out (probably around late June, though beta starts in like a week if you preorder the game), let me know, I wanna make a guild for us Pittsburghers if we get enough people.

Also, new sig if it shows up :0

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Whoops, I ****ed up the poster.

Tourney is the 27th!

hope you come Michigan!
Nice. I do want to go, hopefully other MI people are willing to join in.

Carroll, would you actually be able to house me and maybe 2-3 others that Friday night? I'm thinking about doing the crazy two-day two-tourney plan you suggested, lol... drive to Pittsburgh that morning in time for your tourney, stay the night, then drive to Cleveland the next day and back home after that tourney.

M@v

Subarashii!
EDIT: Hope 5 will indeed be august 4th. Thread will be up in a couple hours. Mark your calenders ladies and gents.

You guys want me to run FC rules for melee since its the next week?

Top Bottom