• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adapt

Smash Lord
I dunno what to say about this one. (Edit : Many tiers had serious changes.)
I hardly care except for pikachu's placement of course. :bee:

Here is the character's tier placement changes, for quick easier reference. Hopefully people will get the general idea.

Key : Name - (Placement Change ----- previous placement > current placement.)
I just did that like 15-20 posts up...

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
how so?

all Im saying is that based on taking tourney results into account, if enough people won tourneys with Cpt Falcon, he could be mid (or C tier...or what have you), regardless of all the other data on him
Exactly! If Falcon players were winning a lot of tournaments, wouldn't that tell you that he's probably one of the better characters? They'd have to beat the Meta Knights and Snakes to place that well.

Yeah, I saw that one dude, but that just shows numbers and doesn't explain the inconsistancies of the gaps. Plus, from the way he explained it, all he's telling us is that they just arbitrarily put Snake and Metaknight in their own tiers because they wanted to which really bothers me.

How can we be expected to take this seriously when they don't have a sound explanation of their decision?
Snake and MK are in their own tiers because there are huge gaps between them.
I'm not sure what you mean by "inconsistencies." Be a little more specific and I'll provide a sound explanation.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Explanations in the first post on numbers of tiers, scores, and the biggest changes (Olimar, ZSS etc) would be welcome.

Fino

Smash Master
Olimar is right where I've placed him since I started to understand him. Sbr got it right for him, and props to you guys. I still think that some characters should be higher, but with an overwhelming cast it's hard because everyone wants to think that their character is better.
Good job, Can't wait to see how the next one turns out :bee:

~Fino

exidid

Smash Journeyman
MK should be higher lol/ old joke

I think this is more accurate than the first version by far. I still think Yoshi need to move up but whatever :3

I'm happy that Peach had a 5 places jump!

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
>___>

Why did ya'll have to complicate things? This tier list looks like a freakin' algebra equation.

As for my opinion of it: Doesn't surprise me very much...except for Falco being above Dedede.

Smooth Criminal

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Mario is only a 4.56?

Hahaha.

Good joke.

I'm curious now, what was the SBR's reason as to WHY Mario got that score?

B!ggad

Smash Apprentice
Still no Zelda/Sheik entry, even though it probably makes at least as much sense as having a separate Zelda and a separate Sheik spot. Oh well.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Exactly! If Falcon players were winning a lot of tournaments, wouldn't that tell you that he's probably one of the better characters? They'd have to beat the Meta Knights and Snakes to place that well.
The players who chose snake and/or MK could suck with them when they go to tournies

It's all based on the pilots, not the planes

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

Why should DDD be above falco? DDD sucks, he should be high tier... not top.

~Fino
I wasn't saying Falco is a bad character or anything. It was a sort of uneducated surprise, one based more off of raw tournament results rather than character attributes. I have never played a good Brawl Falco so I don't know.

And I do have to "lol" at the irony of saying "DDD sucks, he should be high tier...not top."

Edit:

Wow Wolf. Get *****.
LMAO

<3 Too good, Bun.

Smooth Criminal

Cia

das kwl
no, i'm gonna stand by what i said and say that this list is stupid. pikachu + dedede are way to high. zss + olimar are too low.jiggz is below link. and maybe i'm wrong for this, but i don't think any character should be below link. the only thing i agree with is the obvious stuff. MK

Orange_Soda_Man

Smash Ace
After reading the responses from the SBR guys and seeing the graph, I've come to respect this list much more, all things considered.

That said I will additionally reference the rankings list.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Snake and MK are in their own tiers because there are huge gaps between them.
I'm not sure what you mean by "inconsistencies." Be a little more specific and I'll provide a sound explanation.
I posted this earlier, hopefully it helps:

Infinity said:
For instance, there's only a 2 point difference between the SS and A tiers, yet there is nearly a 3 point difference between A and C which are the same alpha value apart from one another. There's also a 1.1 point difference between SS and S, then a .9 point difference between S and A then a .5 difference between the bottom of A and the top of B, and a .6 difference between the bottom of B and the top of C.
What I'm getting at here is that it doesn't look like you guys have a solid number for where the tiers end and begin and are just putting them up where you feel like they should go. This feels very unorganized and arbitrary rather than logical. I'm not trying to sound insulting or anything dude, just being honest and pointing out what I feel is wrong.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
The players who chose snake and/or MK could suck with them when they go to tournies

It's all based on the pilots, not the planes
And you expect this to happen consistently at large tournaments? Don't lose faith in a great evidentiary tool because of some wacky theoretical possibility.

Adapt

Smash Lord
What I'm getting at here is that it doesn't look like you guys have a solid number for where the tiers end and begin and are just putting them up where you feel like they should go. This feels very unorganized and arbitrary rather than logical. I'm not trying to sound insulting or anything dude, just being honest and pointing out what I feel is wrong.
The list sorts itself into tiers on its own. The character ranking list has been doing this for a while now.

They made the divisions between tiers where a group of characters (or a character) got a significantly higher score than the group of characters below it.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
And you expect this to happen consistently at large tournaments? Don't lose faith in a great evidentiary tool because of some wacky theoretical possibility.
What he's saying is that the tier list doesn't even come close to which characters are turning out results. Sonic came in 10th as far as tournament winnings across america are concerned yet he's WAY lower than 10th as a character.

That's all the person before you was saying. Whether or not I agree is different. I personally don't care, I'd main Sonic if he was in an even worse tier.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario didn't drop! "But but grab release pwns him DMG :(" U FOOLS! lol.

DMG is happy. That is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom