• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Good list. I expected Falco to be third and Diddy to make a jump.

However, I didn't expect Falcon to still be last. Wtf guys :(

•Col•

Smash Champion
Going back and discussing the list once you've tallied up the votes sounds nice, but it isn't easy. We sort of did some of that, but it didn't get very far. Anyway, there was plenty of discussion going on as voting took place.
I think we know it wouldn't be easy, but it'd be worth it if the tier list would end up being more accurate...

.....Plus, the more accurate the tier list becomes, the less people will gripe. xD

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
I think this addresses your most recent post as well.

After initial voting has been done, there should probably be a second phase of voting for each individual tier.

Example: G Tier; Link, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, and Cpt. Falcon. How would you rate them against one another? Which one do you think is the worst out of these four, and who do you think is the best? Finally, do you believe any of these characters could/should move up a tier or if any could/should move down tier?
That would be ideal, but it really isn't practical. Anyway, many people had small gripes with the list, and we could have voted on or discussed every objection in depth, but considering that this is the average of everyone's votes, it's not likely that there would have been major changes.

bigman40

Smash Master
And Andy, I thank you for that, but I know when ignorance comes into play and when it doesn't. I knew a long time ago that people would attempt to place Yoshi in bottom tier. It's just not right to attempt to place voting on every character when not all characters have been nearly placed like other (which is natural), or evaluated enough to justify a correct position. High tiers were fine in the voting as they have more than enough people playing them, and expressing their meta-game, but as soon as you get lower down the list, how easily are you going to be able to decipher how well those characters meta-games are?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Lucas > Ness

Lucas has sooooo much potential, it's like Luigi ;)

Only people have two learn with there special "floatiness" (???) ;D

~xDD
But Ness can gimp PK Thunder better than Lucas, and his F-Air can rack up damage better than Lucas's N-Air and has better reach with his smash attacks.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
that was a reference to some line in some movie or something. idk. but you didn't get it so i failed you.
it was ocean's eleven.

"I'm not your buddy, pal."
"I'm not your pal, friend."
"I'm not your friend, *******."

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Lol ..gah.. I know but I thought she would get to C rank .. Kirby should be a B rank in my opinion.. Oh well we gotta get her up more ..

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Yes, that was him. Bwett beat Dojo at a late night tournament (around 4am) in a mini-tournament the night before HOBO11 when we were all at BadNewsBear's house. Dojo 2 then 3 stocked Bwett in HOBO11 brackets.
I thought so, haha.

SRTM

Smash Ace
fairly accurate.
I thought diddy would move up, as would falco.
I dont want any more diddy's and falcos though :(

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I think each tier list should include a detailed list of changes from the previous list instead of forcing people to attempt to visually compare the new list to the old list. :(

Anyone wanna make one? ^_^

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I think each tier list should include a detailed list of changes from the previous list instead of forcing people to attempt to visually compare the new list to the old list. :(

I'm right on it. Actually already started out.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'll insert it into the first post if there is a professional looking one. :)

Adapt

Smash Lord
You Yoshi fans should thank me. Before I took a look at the data, Yoshi was going to be put in the bottom tier!

Going back and discussing the list once you've tallied up the votes sounds nice, but it isn't easy. We sort of did some of that, but it didn't get very far. Anyway, there was plenty of discussion going on as voting took place.

The characters that would need further discussion the most are the ones whose scores had the highest standard deviation. Here are the scores and SDs, for your edification:

Meta Knight, 15.00, 0.00
Snake , 13.91, 0.69
Falco , 13.03, 0.90
King Dedede , 12.94, 0.88
Mr. Game & Watch, 12.50, 0.88
Marth , 12.09, 1.00
Diddy Kong , 11.94, 1.41
Wario , 11.47, 0.67
R.O.B. , 11.38, 1.29
Lucario , 10.94, 0.80
Olimar , 10.94, 1.61
Pikachu , 10.34, 1.18
Kirby , 10.16, 1.25
Donkey Kong , 10.06, 1.52
Ice Climbers , 9.59, 1.21
Zero Suit Samus , 8.88, 1.83
Toon Link , 8.47, 1.32
Pit , 8.44, 1.50
Peach , 8.16, 1.67
Wolf , 7.91, 1.06
Luigi , 7.41, 1.46
Zelda , 7.03, 1.06
Bowser , 6.91, 1.67
Fox , 6.66, 1.89
Sheik , 6.44, 1.27
Ike , 5.91, 1.17
Mario , 4.56, 1.39
Lucas , 4.50, 1.30
Ness , 4.50, 1.34
Samus , 4.41, 1.21
Sonic , 4.16, 1.48
Pokémon Trainer , 3.94, 1.44
Yoshi , 3.66, 1.12
Link , 2.28, 0.96
Jigglypuff , 2.03, 1.26
Ganondorf , 1.88 , 1.18
Captain Falcon , 1.63, 0.79

Yoshi's stdev isn't particularly high, so he would have been a relatively low priority when it comes to re-evaluating the scores. Anyway, you guys know what you'll have to do if you think he's too low.
So the biggest changes on the tier list had the highest st dev as well. Not very surprising I guess

Fox, ZSS, Peach, Olimar, DK...
Except wolf had less, and bowser had a lot.

Roughly how many people in the SBR voted?

•Col•

Smash Champion

A few people already made it.

Here's one:

I dunno what to say about this one. (Edit : Many tiers had serious changes.)
I hardly care except for pikachu's placement of course. :bee:

Here is the character's tier placement changes, for quick easier reference. Hopefully people will get the general idea.

Key : Name - (Placement Change ----- previous placement > current placement.)

SS Tier
Meta Knight -------- ( No change ----- 1 > 1)

S Tier
Snake --------------- ( No change ----- 2 > 2)

A Tier
Falco ---------------- ( +2 ----- 5 > 3)
King Dedede -------- ( -1 ----- 3 > 4)
Mr. Game & Watch - ( -1 ----- 4 > 5)
Marth --------------- ( +1 ----- 7 > 6)
Diddy Kong --------- ( +4 ----- 11 > 7)

B Tier
Wario --------------- ( No change ----- 8 > 8)
R.O.B. --------------- ( -3 ----- 6 > 9)
Lucario ------------- ( -1 ----- 9 > 10)
Olimar -------------- ( +7 -----18 > 11)

C Tier
Pikachu ------------ (No change ----- 12 > 12)
Kirby --------------- ( +1 ----- 14 > 13)
Donkey Kong ------ ( -4 ----- 10 > 14)
Ice Climbers ------- ( -2 ----- 13 > 15)

D Tier
Zero Suit Samus -- ( +5 -----21 > 16)
Toon Link --------- ( No change ----- 17 > 17)
Pit ----------------- ( -3 ----- 15 > 18)
Peach ------------- ( +5 ----- 24 > 19)
Wolf --------------- ( -4 ----- 16 > 20)

E Tier
Luigi -------------- ( +2 ----- 23 > 21)
Zelda -------------- ( -2 ----- 20 > 22)
Bowser ------------ ( -1 ----- 22 > 23)
Fox ---------------- ( -5 ----- 19 > 24)
Sheik -------------- ( +1 -----26 > 25)
Ike ---------------- ( -1 ------25 > 26)

F Tier
Mario -------------- ( +2 ----- 29 > 27)
Lucas -------------- ( Ness and Lucas have equal points, -1 / -2 ----- 28 / 29)
Ness --------------- ( Ness and Lucas have equal points, -1 / -2----- 28 / 29)
Samus ------------- ( +1 ----- 31 > 30)
Sonic -------------- ( +2 ----- 33 > 31)
Pokémon Trainer - ( -2 ----- 30 > 32)
Yoshi --------------- ( -1 ----- 32 > 33)

G Tier
Link ---------------- ( +2 ----- 36 > 34)
Jigglypuff --------- ( -1 ----- 34 > 35)
Ganondorf -------- ( -1 ----- 35 > 36)
Captain Falcon --- ( No change ----- 36 > 36)

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
To all people saying their character should be higher: go ahead and prove it. Don't count on one or two good players to drastically raise a character. Potential means little if there are no results to back it up. I'll be the first to admit we have a much more informed opinion about the high tier characters and chances are the next tier list looks quite different, especially in the lower regions. However, this is what SBR members voted on while looking at the current metagame. Everyone will find something wrong with the list, something they or even their entire region sees differently. The list isn't exactly the same as my vote either, but I don't have any major issues with it. The split is statistically sound and if you don't like it, you got the average score for each character along with it.

Adapt

Smash Lord
@Colaya

Either that one or mine, which I made around post 90ish, but I wouldn't call either professional atm.

I would make mine look nicer, but Spadefox is already on it

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Marc, can we have the changes inserted into the first post? :)

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Wow, did the tier list get actively worse? Falco is WAY too high, IC's and Wolf are way too low. Lots of little problems everywhere, but those are the worst.

MK and Snake getting their own tiers? Come on, guys, learn the matchups. If you actually learn to fight them instead of just throwing up your hands in despair, they are very beatable.

•Col•

Smash Champion
@Colaya

Either that one or mine, which I made around post 90ish, but I wouldn't call either professional atm.

I would make mine look nicer, but Spadefox is already on it
I saw that one too, but Zylar's seemed nicer since aside from the movement change, it also lists the character's previous ranking. Plus it's more colorful. xD

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
I just say you should bump Wario up to A tier at least, hes the hardest character in the game to grab, has the KO power of Bowser or D3, and the areal ability of Jigglypuff, with I think Snake's Weight? not to mention he destroys people with his bike tech glitch thingy. (Basically, to do it, move up doing a wheele on a slope, and if the opponent hits the bike, they get oneshotted from the speed.)

Uair and Fsmash KO like Bowser(Although Bowser's Fsmash is better.), Waft KO's like D3's Fsmash or Jethammer.

Don't forget, Wario has one heck of a broken air dodge.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Captain Falcon is still at the bottom. Fabulous. ^_^

Meta Knight will never lose his spot... ever...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I just say you should bump Wario up to A tier at least, hes the hardest character in the game to grab, has the KO power of Bowser or D3, and the areal ability of Jigglypuff, with I think Snake's Weight? not to mention he destroys people with his bike tech glitch thingy. (Basically, to do it, move up doing a wheele on a slope, and if the opponent hits the bike, they get oneshotted from the speed.)

Uair and Fsmash KO like Bowser(Although Bowser's Fsmash is better.), Waft KO's like D3's Fsmash or Jethammer.

Don't forget, Wario has one heck of a broken air dodge.
Wario is fine where he is at, u let US work on proving his worth.

Although I am fine with his placement so far. :)

§leepy God

Smash Master
Ike is worst, oh hell naw! *throws a chair at the computer*

Just about all my characters are lower than before on the tier list: Ike, Ness, and Jigglypuff. But at least ROB is still placed high, Pit is worst though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom