• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
No, Ike is just bad, sorry. In a world where everyone played the game perfectly (yes I know it is impossible, but that's what the tier list assumes) he might be the worst character in the game because he'd never get a hit in. Like ever.

Fortunately people are dumb and make mistakes and he gets kills at 60%.
Supermodel, the tier list doesn't assume perfect play, it assumes the highest level of play in the current metagame. Seriously, why would things that are impossible to do with any consistency even be considered in the list?

I suspect you worded that horribly wrong unintentionally; that is beside the point though. You know better than to post something like that less Onishiba, adum, or Shadowlink tear into your post like sharks that just smelled blood. ;)

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Terrible argument primarily because there are characters whose representation is similar.
The whole "WOMG NO TOURNEY REP" goes for many other characters, not just DK
not a terrible argument, the tier list is also based on tournament rep and popularity to some degree. DK is the least popular character in the smash series

Again, its not a CG if DK cant break it, and if I recall correctly, DK doesnt have ANYTHING he can do within frame 1 that lets him escape.
well, you don't remember wrong, you were never told, there is something that DK can do to escape and only 10 people know about it.

Cargo hold? What you mean jump off the ledge and let him fall below? Sincei know stagespiking just gets teched and DK gets footstooled.[
NO, I'm talking about DK's down cargo throw. it throws snake at one of the most unsafe positions for a snake to be in because he can get meteored so easily.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
100% would be enough to make him A tier.

He gets extra range and considerable kill power at that point yeah?

He would be a more ground control 'power house' Marth with a killing projectile.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
not a terrible argument, the tier list is also based on tournament rep and popularity to some degree. DK is the least popular character in the smash series
NO the tierlist is based on the current metagame, the interactions of the characters, not based on tourney representation and popularity.
Otherwise, Falcon would have been top tier in melee as would Link when they, at various points, became very widely used.
So no, such an argument is flawed.

All the turney results are good for is for dictating over centralization, nothing else.

well, you don't remember wrong, you were never told, there is something that DK can do to escape and only 10 people know about it.
Okay then what?
rom what i have seen, Nothing DK has allows him to escape within that 1 frame, simply because he has nothing that makes him invincible on frame one since a grounded ^B only has super armor IIRC>

NO, I'm talking about DK's down cargo throw. it throws snake at one of the most unsafe positions for a snake to be in because he can get meteored so easily.
k

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
No, Ike is just bad, sorry. In a world where everyone played the game perfectly (yes I know it is impossible, but that's what the tier list assumes) he might be the worst character in the game because he'd never get a hit in. Like ever.

Fortunately people are dumb and make mistakes and he gets kills at 60%.
If everyone played the game perfectly, no one would get hit. Ever.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
All the turney results are good for is for dictating over centralization, nothing else.
If you take many different rankings and find the average positioning of a characters' placement, then you can get yourself a pretty accurate tierlist. Overcentralization only goes so far in tourney results... 3 years of research can yield a ver nice-looking tierlist where no one could argue against (this is assuming each character has a good amount of representation, and not just 1 player winning the same tourney).

Tien2500

Smash Lord
Ganon is top tier. He has something he could do in one frame that will automatically hit the opponent and knock them out wherever they are on the stage. Its just super secret.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I think the joke is whizzing over people's heads.

Either that, or all of the reactions are jokes and are whizzing over my head. >_>

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
If you take many different rankings and find the average positioning of a characters' placement, then you can get yourself a pretty accurate tierlist. Overcentralization only goes so far in tourney results... 3 years of research can yield a ver nice-looking tierlist where no one could argue against (this is assuming each character has a good amount of representation, and not just 1 player winning the same tourney).
U, no it wouldn't.
Why would using the same information repeatedly over a course of 3 years result in anything different?
You are still dealing with issues such as popularity and changes in the metagame.
A character may be more popular thus leading to another character to fall in rankings, even if that second character is better than the first one overall.

Saying, hey if we use faulty data over a long period of time will still result in flawed results.

Look at melee, you don't honestly believe i you averaged the entire lifespan of tournament results you would have anything accurate outside of top and part of high tier do you?

Demp

Smash Journeyman

Wouldn't letting the secret out increase DK's popularity?

YesNoMaybeSo

Smash Apprentice
S Tier

1.) Metaknight
2.) Snake
3.) Diddy Kong

A Tier

4.) Wario
5.) Ice Climbers
6.) Falco
7.) Marth
8.) King Dedede
9.) Mr. Game and Watch

B Tier

10.) Olimar

C Tier

11.) R.O.B
12.) Lucario
13.) Zero Suit Samus
14.) Toon Link
15.) Pikachu
16.) Pit
17.) Kirby
18.) Zelda + Sheik
19.) Donkey Kong
20.) Peach
21.) Fox
22.) Wolf

D Tier

23.) Luigi
24.) Pokemon Trainer
25.) Mario
26.) Sonic
27.) Ike
28.) Bowser
29.) Ness

E Tier

29.) Yoshi
30.) Lucas

F Tier

31.) Samus
32.) Link
33.) Jigglypuff

G Tier

34.) Captain Falcon

H Tier

35.) Ganondorf

I'm too good, I know. Atleast the SBR got the current tier list right for the most part.

Tien2500

Smash Lord
I think the joke is whizzing over people's heads.

Either that, or all of the reactions are jokes and are whizzing over my head. >_>
Lol. Least someone got it. Or maybe I'm missing the sarcasm in the responses. Some people seem really angry.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Not bad, but I can see a few problems. For one thing, why is Olimar the only one in B Tier? As well as that, Zelda + Sheik, if they were ever listed together, would easily be high B Tier, maybe bottom of A Tier.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Not bad, but I can see a few problems. For one thing, why is Olimar the only one in B Tier? As well as that, Zelda + Sheik, if they were ever listed together, would easily be high B Tier, maybe bottom of A Tier.
if sheik alone is not even B tier and zelda is garbage tier, why oh why would both of them together be A tier? its not addition here

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
if sheik alone is not even B tier and zelda is garbage tier, why oh why would both of them together be A tier? its not addition here
I'm glad you asked.

You see, now that people have gotten over the 'OMG Sheik is so much worse than Melee' hype, peopel are beginning to realise that Sheik isn't actually that bad a character. However, she has two or three really bad matchups that are holding her back a la Fox. However, here's the good part. Sheik's worst matchup is the ICs, but Zelda has a slight advantage over them, meaning that the Sheik player can switch to Zelda and do better. The only character that both Sheik and Zelda do really bad against is Olimar.

Another thing. Zelda is awesome at killing opponents, but due to problems approaching and being forced to approach, she often can't use that to its fullest potential. BUT Sheik can rack up damage much easier than Zelda can due to better approaching, camping and combos in general, and when their opponent reaches a high enough percent, they can simply switch to Zelda, and all she has to do is land a single USmash, UTilt or whatever (don't forget, all of Zelda's moves will be completely fresh by this point), and they're dead.

Also, Transforming without being attacked is nowhere near as hard as people say it is. A simple DSmash from either of them will start sending opponents far enough away to transform safely (around 50%+ for Zelda and 75%+ for Sheik). Also, since Zelda usually star KOs opponents, she can easily transform while her opponent is in the process of dying.

The relationship of Zelda/Sheik can be summed up with the famous quotation: 'United we stand, divided we fall'. Or, in Sheik's case, 'United we stand, divided we're halfway between standing and falling'. When used at the right times, down B is a truly fantastic tool.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
S Tier

1.) Metaknight
2.) Snake
3.) Diddy Kong

A Tier

4.) Wario
5.) Ice Climbers
6.) Falco
7.) Marth
8.) King Dedede
9.) Mr. Game and Watch

B Tier

10.) Olimar

C Tier

11.) R.O.B
12.) Lucario
13.) Zero Suit Samus
14.) Toon Link
15.) Pikachu
16.) Pit
17.) Kirby
18.) Zelda + Sheik
19.) Donkey Kong
20.) Peach
21.) Fox
22.) Wolf

D Tier

23.) Luigi
24.) Pokemon Trainer
25.) Mario
26.) Sonic
27.) Ike
28.) Bowser
29.) Ness

E Tier

29.) Yoshi
30.) Lucas

F Tier

31.) Samus
32.) Link
33.) Jigglypuff

G Tier

34.) Captain Falcon

H Tier

35.) Ganondorf

I'm too good, I know. Atleast the SBR got the current tier list right for the most part.
When will ppl stop putting Falco below ICs, it's very annoying.

Weegee needs to be above Fox. In fact, Bowser is better than everyone in your D tier except Weegee.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Idk how many times Im gonna see this >_>

I dont feel like explaining again. I didnt read MT's post, but I hope he explained it right.

Browny

Smash Hater
100% would be enough to make him A tier.

He gets extra range and considerable kill power at that point yeah?

He would be a more ground control 'power house' Marth with a killing projectile.
:urg::mad::urg::mad:

nuuuuuuuuu

100% Lucario is almost the same as 99%, which is almost the same as 98%, to 97%... and so on. No range increase at all.

Its getting rather ridiculous how many people are still under the assumption of this 100% barrier existing for Lucario >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom