• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Utah Power Rankings (last updated on - Brawl: 03/08/10 Melee: 01/10/10)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Get rid off the other thread then.

Remove me from the rankings 100% I don't play Brawl anymore.

However, I deserve to be in the top 10 Melee list =D
Well, since you were the starter of the previous thread, I think it would be appropriate that you tell a mod and request for the old thread to be closed.

And you have already been removed from the list. It's automatic if one doesn't enter Singles for a while.

Also, the Melee list won't be made until we do a few more Melee tournaments. You're not guaranteed top-10 just because of those old results over a year ago. So when we have Melee tournaments, come, enter, and prove that you are top-10, if you want to be there.

Oh, the Melee list will probably only be top-8 when it first starts, since there are not that many candidates to choose from. (There's barely more than 10 people that participate in the Melee tournaments, anyway, so choosing a top 10 out of about 11 people would just be a slap in the face for that one person.)

Minato

穏やかじゃない
And I'm seriously thinking about changing my main to Oli, then our power rankings would be completely snakeless haha.
That actually works out well. I was settling for using Lucario as a main (even though I only used him twice in Brawl). I just feel like starting fresh.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I know what you mean. But it doesn't matter if more than one person has the same main.
No, it's nothing like that. I just needed another backup character, that's all. I'm still going to use Olimar at the big tourneys. I'm just going to practice using Lucario on the Thursday tourneys. If I used Lucario at MA right now, I don't think I'd make it that far to tell you the truth.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Well, I asked him prior to starting the list, and he said that despite him using other characters, too, he still "mains" Ike.
Ya but in respect to that, my bro clams to main Jiggs, yet will not use her in a tourny and instead goes with Marth, or MK. If say he was on the power rankings I would put him down for one of those 2 and not Jiggs.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, I know he still plays Ike in teams. I'm not sure how often he plays Ike in Singles, though, but I have seen it being using in Singles.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
i have seen him using DK alot personally, but i guess what he says is what we go by

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, I've discussed this with a few other panel members and we think that updating the list after every tournament is kind of too much. Chances are, the two tournaments will only be one or two weeks apart, so updating the list between them is kind of pointless. Also, having two tournaments between lists makes the changes more accurate, as it minimized that possibility that a person has a easier bracket, having a good day, and/or getting really lucky and win by a fluke.

As of the Staz/Ike situation, it's not too big of a deal, actually. I'll just leave it as Ike for now, and when the next list goes up, then we'll see. This also gives me (and others) another chance (via MA8) to further observe which character he primarily uses.

PS: I finally got the list to include everyone's color preferences.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Ha he mains DK, that's who he went in every one of his matches that I saw. But I agree wth you that it doesn't really matter that much.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
yep once a month update should be good, and that gives us enough time to discuss the happenings of the tourney scene during that month

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, going to MA8 will make you eligible to be considered; it doesn't guarantee you top-10. But with your record so far, there's a chance of you making it to top-10 (that is, if you don't do horrible in MA8).

wangston

Smash Lord
So six place and below would any of you care to money match at MA this weekend. I'm a college student so I'm broke so it will be $1 or $2 dollar money matches.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I'll MM you. Oli on Falco. $1 because I'm a college student.

It's my snake that's 2nd so technically my oli is lower than 6th >__>

wangston

Smash Lord
I'll MM you. Oli on Falco. $1 because I'm a college student.

It's my snake that's 2nd so technically my oli is lower than 6th >__>
Alright thats one money match. I'm not going to play doubles so I think I'm just going to MM $5 total. Kenny's already challenged $1.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Yaz, you are not "six place and below"... But if you want to be on the next list, that's fine, too. :p

Oh, and I added a link under the "Utah Melee Rankings" section of the first post yesterday. It's to a Smash wiki article (writen by myself a year ago but updated recently) that has the history of the previous Power Rankings lists of Utah.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?

Oh, and I added a link under the "Utah Melee Rankings" section of the first post yesterday.
The part that is supposed to say "Current Melee Power Rankings" says "Current Brawl Power Rankings." So unless we're doubling up on Brawl, you might want to change that.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
*Facepalms*
I can't believe I missed that (especially since I remember to change the one for when I duplicated the "Current Brawl Panel" heading for the "Current Melee Panel" heading). Thanks for pointing that out.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Ill have my votes for the power rankings up as soon as i get the chance to look at the results from the ToF, MA and the current power rankings so I can compair them all.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
For easier reference, here's the placings of everyone eligible, organized alphabetically. The number in parenthesis next to the tournament name abbreviation is the total number of people that entered that tournament.

PS: Wangston, in case you make it on the list, what character do you main, and what color do you use for that character?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, the panelists have until Tuesday night to get their votes in. Assuming there are no ties, the list should be up by Wednesday night.

wangston

Smash Lord
Wangston mains BLUE FALCO
Chris you know me all to well. Put me down as the Blue Falco if I'm in the rankings.

Ouch, I don't do so hot at ToF I blame it on the lack of chairs and the tv's not being at eye level even when sitting in a chair. Also MA feels more homely, I feel more relaxed at FTS's home then I do at the PnT store.

Top Bottom