• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Utah Power Rankings (last updated on - Brawl: 03/08/10 Melee: 01/10/10)

wangston

Smash Lord
It's your first tournament don't worry about it. Ken Nenth and Sexy Yaz both got dead last at there first tournament and look were they are now 3rd and 4th. Just keep at and always come to tournaments it's the only way to get better. Ignore X he just loves to give new guys a hard time.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
Oh no, it's not that. I know I'll get better as I go (I noticed I spot-dodged TONS of time, and before I never could do it so well).

It's who I see on the rankings that gives me the doubt. I faced X during the tourney, so I know how hard it must be to get on there.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I need to get back on the rankings and train my Pikachu. Missing two tourneys didn't help.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
ya i kinda wished i could have made it to MA9's brawl, but alas, and i still dont know who to main :(

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
PC, this list is incorrect. It should read Sexy Yaz not Yaz.
Since Yaz is giving me more work by changing his color and name (the latter because of some random comment, if I may add), I'm going to think like this (no matter what logic says): since Yaz didn't show up to the last tournament to tell me IN PERSON that "Sexy Yaz" is truely him, I'm going to assume that someone else made that account...

And as for the panel meeting. I want to have it today on MSN IM when enough panel members gets on. I have nothing to do all day today except stay home and do homework, so I'll be able do the discussion any time today. So to any other panelist, please post a time range that you can get on MSN IM and have the discussion today, or post that you are too busy to have it. We'll have it at the time when it's convenient for at least 4 members.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Since Yaz is giving me more work by changing his color and name (the latter because of some random comment, if I may add), I'm going to think like this (no matter what logic says): since Yaz didn't show up to the last tournament to tell me IN PERSON that "Sexy Yaz" is truely him, I'm going to assume that someone else made that account...

And as for the panel meeting. I want to have it today on MSN IM when enough panel members gets on. I have nothing to do all day today except stay home and do homework, so I'll be able do the discussion any time today. So to any other panelist, please post a time range that you can get on MSN IM and have the discussion today, or post that you are too busy to have it. We'll have it at the time when it's convenient for at least 4 members.
I'm busy from 12-3 but other than that I can get on any time. And Yaz is Sexy Yaz for sure.
Im with Kayla today but she is comming around at 130 so if we can do it before that it would help, if not have some1 text me and I will try to get on if im home.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
I'm busy from 12-3 but other than that I can get on any time. And Yaz is Sexy Yaz for sure.

Looks like we have a schedule conflict, so we'll have to see what everyone else says.
And I told you, despite any logic saying that it really is him, he has to tell me IN PERSON. :p (Changing the name would probably take 3 seconds...it's the color change that's a pain [especially for that jester-colored Meta Knight]. So it depending on how much time I waste doing the color-edit for that Meta Knight, I may or may not want to change the name... [Can't I be "unofficial" every once in a while...])

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Whoever Wangston is, you need to change your main. I was gonna compliment at how diverse the rankings' mains were, but then you ruined everything. :mad:

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Whoever Wangston is, you need to change your main. I was gonna compliment at how diverse the rankings' mains were, but then you ruined everything. :mad:
LOL Yeah, some OoS poster posted here, complimenting on how diverse it is, BEFORE wangston got on the list. But then again, even though the list has Falco as Dai-A's main, Dai-A rarely ever NEEDS to use Falco, as he can still kick butt with many other characters. So just ignore Dai-A's listed character, then you can make that compliment.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion

Looks like we have a schedule conflict, so we'll have to see what everyone else says.
And I told you, despite any logic saying that it really is him, he has to tell me IN PERSON. :p (Changing the name would probably take 3 seconds...it's the color change that's a pain [especially for that jester-colored Meta Knight]. So it depending on how much time I waste doing the color-edit for that Meta Knight, I may or may not want to change the name... [Can't I be "unofficial" every once in a while...])
I'm pretty sure he still uses the red MK most of the time...

wangston

Smash Lord
Yeah don't change his color, he use red every time I play him. If he complains tell him he can't always get what he wants, but if he trys sometime he might get what he needs.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
Oh no, it's not that. I know I'll get better as I go (I noticed I spot-dodged TONS of time, and before I never could do it so well).

It's who I see on the rankings that gives me the doubt. I faced X during the tourney, so I know how hard it must be to get on there.
Don't give up hope just cause you can't beat X. X is amazing and a lot people on the power rankings can't beat him.. Also, shoot for being able to beat the people lower on the list before you start worrying about not being able to beat the top ones.

Just do what wangston said. Keep coming to tourneys and you will keep getting better. The more you come to, the better you will get.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
PC hurry up and update the power rankings. I need a new rank so I can tell all the chumps in Louisville my amazing new rank.
I'm going to try to get the new list up before Thanksgiving, but I'm not making any promises. Last time, I got it up within 3 days (but the panel meeting was held at the tournament last time, which it didn't this time).
I tried to start the chat for the discussion, but Kenny signed off shortly before I did.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I think if people really want to see the rankings this badly, you have the power to screw with their minds.

I say take the time before you post anything. Don't let anyone else rush this process.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Haha, I know. But I found my two characters (Pikachu and Sonic), so I'm not going to be changing anytime soon.

WTF...Those were the two characters that I wanted to main (still kind of want to main them).

BTW, the panel discussion meeting has already taken place, so expect the list soon.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
So much hostility...

I'm doing better with Pikachu than I am with Sonic at the moment, I think.
Pikachu's my main now while Sonic is my close second.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
So much hostility...

I'm doing better with Pikachu than I am with Sonic at the moment, I think.
Pikachu's my main now while Sonic is my close second.
I support your maining.
Mostly because you're not considering maining Lucario anymore. I WANTZ LUCY TO MYZELFZ!!!

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I tried using Lucario, but he didn't fit my style. When I played Lucario, it felt kind of forced.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
I tried using Lucario, but he didn't fit my style. When I played Lucario, it felt kind of forced.
Lucario feels very smooth and flowy in my hands, so I love him. Link is my natural main no matter what game, and it certainly doesn't hurt he's got around 30 AT's to work off of.

wangston

Smash Lord
Phil is a Lucario player as well.

PC why did you change the smash wiki article. It said Sexy Yaz.

Don't look at me I didn't change it.... >_____>

C!Z

Smash Lord
Phil is a Lucario player as well.

PC why did you change the smash wiki article. It said Sexy Yaz.

Don't look at me I didn't change it.... >_____>
Phil FTW on Lucario for sure. Plus I saw Dmac and the one of the girls that attended using him as well.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
The new list is up!

After tallying, it seems Minato and Waffle Can is tied for 10th.

Now, as I promised, if ever there is a tie in the panelists' votes, I'm leaving it up to the public. The following people may vote on who should be higher (listed alphabetically):
Alex
Apollo
C!Z
Dark Ryu
Dmac
Ellie
Final
Friar
Hyde
Jellyfishn
JoboBaggins
Joke
Lada
lanky_gunner
laozy
Nona
Nul
S@G3
Sada
Sexy Yaz
spudzalot
Staz
Tyki
Vazor
wangston
X
Zeth

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
PC thought he could change my vote and I wouldn't see the chaos and anarchy he was trying to start.

edit: When is the dead line for this mass vote? as I don't think many of them will be voting.

Top Bottom