• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Utah Power Rankings (last updated on - Brawl: 03/08/10 Melee: 01/10/10)

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
THE LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED!! (And everything in the first post that needed updating is also updated, of course.) Refresh if the image doesn't change (as it's uploaded onto the same URL).

And I'm going to brag and say that the final result of the votes is EXACTLY the same as how I voted! :chuckle:

PS: Dark Ryu, you WILL be taken off the list before the next panel meeting if you miss the next tournament (most likely to be ToF3). If this happens, everyone below you will be bumped up one rank, and the person voted as 11th (which I'm not going to say who) will be 10th.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
That's why you should bring a stool. You are welcome to use my stool during your tournament matches if it's not already being used.
You mean your shroom stool or whatever you called it?

THE LIST HAS BEEN UPDATED!!
I've been bumped off the list, not surprising really. Maybe I'll try harder if I gain motivation for Brawl again. (No characters are really clicking with me just yet...)

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Are you planning on a Melee list sometime soon just out of curiosity?

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Are you planning on a Melee list sometime soon just out of curiosity?
Well, it would be better if Melee was at both MA and ToF, but ToF never seem to have it, despite saying it would. So with it only being once a month AND the fact that only about 10 people enter, it's hard to start it up. I guess it's possible to make a list after MA9, but chances are, it won't be updated monthly like the Brawl list, due to the lack of tournaments (especially those with bigger turnouts). Lets discuss this in greater detail at the next tournament that you attend.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Well, it would be better if Melee was at both MA and ToF, but ToF never seem to have it, despite saying it would. So with it only being once a month AND the fact that only about 10 people enter, it's hard to start it up. I guess it's possible to make a list after MA9, but chances are, it won't be updated monthly like the Brawl list, due to the lack of tournaments (especially those with bigger turnouts). Lets discuss this in greater detail at the next tournament that you attend.
I talked to C!Z at the last one he said that not enough people wanted a tourny and more just wanted to do friendlies. We have a cube there and people bring the stuff for melee so i'm all for it, but I was told it was a no go.

___X___

Smash Lord
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS *kneels down and rips shirt off*
im back to 2nd were im supposed to be!

CHYYEAAAAAAAA.

ANYWAYSSSSS.

when are them melee rankings gonna be up yo?

C!Z

Smash Lord
lool hahahah nice attempt to try to be funny C!Z. but for reals, these jokes are getting out of hand. leave yaz alone yo.
Attempt? I see your lil crooked a** laughin...

Since when do you think you decide when the jokes stop? Sit in your place lil boy. Yaz knows I love 'im.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
6th is all you are aiming for? But regardless, people need to stop asking these "What do I need to do to get #th place?" questions. Just practice hard and do as good as you can (and try to place higher than those ranked higher than you), and show consistency.

___X___

Smash Lord
Sit in your place lil boy.
Lol hahah, i just thought that was pretty funny ^

but ya know what else seems funny to me? that half the power rankings our taken over by not only mexicans, but by the youngest ppl there :p

oh and today is david B day, happy Birthday Dai-A!! (he's gonna get some today, im sure of it )

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Then he should come to PnT remember they gave that one kid a b day gift so dai-a might get one to, and if he does come then we can all see him.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Just out of curiosity, didn't Yaz switch to that gay colored MK instead of the red?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Im going to start posting the Brackets for toF from now on, so that we can take that into consideration along with placing. Ill post the singales for Brawl and melee I might post teams if I feel like it.

Jellyfishn

Smash Journeyman
Hey PC, I know I am not going to make top 10, it's actually probably going to hurt my rankings, but I went to an MA as Thuntsman once. I think it was MA4

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Well, thanks for being honest. Yeah, it was MA4, and you got 13th. Most likely, it will not make a big impact in your results, since it's your first, and it's so long ago. If you start placing high, that rank will probably be overlooked when ranking you (17th at MA6 might hurt you in that case, though).

And I could have sworn I hit the "Submit Reply" button a couple of hours ago. Well, better now than never.

harpuia190

Smash Ace
i have a question about the rankings for PC or anyone who can answer it :)

are the rankings to be interpreted as the person above can beat the people below or is it who can beat more people,

for example lets say Lada keeps beating Yaz, but Yaz can beat more people/place higher who would we rank higher?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
A mix of both, I can beat waff and wangston and I are 50:50 but they are both on and im not. You are expected to beat those below you most of the time but if you can beat more people it moves you up too. Say some random noob can beat Dai-a but not any1 else it wouldn't make him first.

Perfect Chaos

Smash Master
NNID
PerfectChaos7
Individual match-ups have a little to do with placings, but not a lot. In a way, it indirectly affects the rankings via the tournament. But you can't just take match-ups alone, as there are character counters, and it's possible, for example, to have three people in a rock-paper-scissors situation. In that case, you can't have all three be tied. Don't look at the rankings as a "Player A is ranked higher than Player B because/therefore Player A always beats Player B" chart, as life is rarely like that. CorruptFate gave some good examples, too.

Top Bottom