• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ohio Circuit Championship: Delta Upsilon I - December 5th (POOLS POSTED!)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I may or may not be able to attend, and it depends on a family get together

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Most smash events are sign up at the door unless its an event that needs to know the exact numbers due to space/getting food.

Obstacle Course prize will be a 10 dollar gift card to Subway awarded to the player with the best time. (Only one time per player, aka T-800 can't have 3 times.)
Also players will NOT know the best time until the competition is over.
I HIGHLY recommend trying out the first course since the one at this tourne will be very similar.

$1 for first 3 tries.
$1 additional for two additional tries

Best time wins regardless of characters or number of contestants.
All the money from this will go to Charity Newsies
I will also be taking donations for this during the tournament.

I'll probably start this either between doubles and pools, or pools and singles bracket.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Haha....HEY EVERYONE.... I JUST FOUND THIS THREAD!!!.... I missed the arguments.... And I would like to add my 2 cents....

You shouldn't have changed the ledge grab rule... that's all I have to say... have a back bone about your rules... just like everyone else who was disappointed in the ledge grab rule... Everyone went to Nopes tournament just Fine when the ledge grab rule was in effect, even thoughs who said they weren't coming....

Baro Beat me first game on a Neutral... I beat him on my CP... and he CP'd Norfair...which was the only stage he planned on timing me out on... So all this, "he would have 2-0'd me"... Nah it was our last game that everything occured... I would have been 2-1'd haha. I realized what he was doing at the last moment.... and then I acted by ownin his sneaky ***.... I never go into matches planning on planking.... I just fight. And honestly, this rule only applies to people who aim to plank. I got planked by Overswarm, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xoG3iqCH2Q I was surprised but it happened... And I ended up winning that game even though he beat me that set.... He was the only I recently played that has ever planked me and you gave him his way by taking away that rule... You Sir have been OS'd

But whatever...., oh yeah... Ummm I plan on attending this tournament as well...So to answer your question from way back then Lou, We can team if that's what you wanna do.

Also, is that Signature Competition still going on.... How big does the Sig have to be and are there any specific requirements needed in the Sig....? I plan on winning this....

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I got planked by Overswarm, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xoG3iqCH2Q I was surprised but it happened... And I ended up winning that game even though he beat me that set.... He was the only I recently played that has ever planked me and you gave him his way by taking away that rule... You Sir have been OS'd
I'm surprised you've turned into a noob.

"Planking should be banned! Look at this match where OS planks me! By the way, he ends up losing this match and the set, comes back and then beats me by air camping with MK rather than planking because it is a more effective strategy, and then goes on to win the tournament"

I had higher hopes for you, Y.b.M. Get the competitive mindset in your brain, drop this scrub crap.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master

"Planking should be banned! Look at this match where OS planks me! By the way, he ends up losing this match and the set, comes back and then beats me by air camping with MK rather than planking because it is a more effective strategy, and then goes on to win the tournament"

I had higher hopes for you, Y.b.M. Get the competitive mindset in your brain, drop this scrub crap.
Hehe... I had higher hopes for you...RaRaRa

Get Some!!!

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Sorry for the Double Post but I have another Question....

For the Contest thingy.... Can I make a different sig platform.... as long as it has the THe Ohio Circuit Championship with Delta Upsilon and the date in it....?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Also, is that Signature Competition still going on.... How big does the Sig have to be and are there any specific requirements needed in the Sig....? I plan on winning this....
Oh god Yes! Please have Snake dunking dumplings! :laugh:

Also OS, I dunno... I think flaming someone for their opinions is noobier, but meh.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Oh god Yes! Please have Snake dunking dumplings! :laugh:

Also OS, I dunno... I think flaming someone for their opinions is noobier, but meh.
hahaha That would be too Good....It would be better if I had a Pic of Nope doing it...Ahhhh I'm getting ideas...hehe

And OS is a.... hehehe, very interesting Vessel....:laugh:

Oh and Check out the New Sig... is that cool... If not I'll just change it back to the God Kai Logo.....I'm trying to Win....

Kel

Smash Master
Most of the people that went to Nope's monthly didn't actually like the rule- they just didn't care enough not to attend.

We're in the process of explaining the anti-ledge grab logic to Nope. He seems to be seeing the light.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Most of the people that went to Nope's monthly didn't actually like the rule- they just didn't care enough not to attend.

We're in the process of explaining the anti-ledge grab logic to Nope. He seems to be seeing the light.
This rule is in effect if it goes to time not first one to 25 ledge grabs loses
25 is very low but this rule should still be in effect or at least looked at because not all characters have 5 jumps to deal with that crap

Little biased?

Mr.E

Smash Lord
Hmm, it appears I haven't posted in this topic in forever and I, too, still need a teammate... Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

*back to playing Pokémon Rumble*

solecalibur

Smash Master
Hmm, it appears I haven't posted in this topic in forever and I, too, still need a teammate... Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

*back to playing Pokémon Rumble*
You can team with me in friendlies and we can go from there if Im worth your trouble :laugh:

TheKiest

Smash Champion
We could team Sole, or I'll go with SciDi.

POPS is with T-800.

AZ: Can you put my obstacle course info on the OP? Along with the Charity stuff, please.

Today

ლ(இДஇლ)
Cincinnati, Ohio ; Land of Happiness and Kindness
NNID
Daylightful
You shouldn't have changed the ledge grab rule... that's all I have to say... have a back bone about your rules... just like everyone else who was disappointed in the ledge grab rule... Everyone went to Nopes tournament just Fine when the ledge grab rule was in effect, even thoughs who said they weren't coming....

I kind of agree with this.. not that I'm for or against the ledge grab.. I'm pretty neutral about it. But I was a little disappointed when you took it off. Not because of the rule itself, but because you gave it. You should have most definitely stood your ground!

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Kel: wanna team?

OP IS UPDATED CHECK FOR INFO ON PARKING AND TV DROP OFF! POST IF YOU ARE COMING! POST IF YOU CAN BRING EQUIPMENT!

Please let me know if you plan to attend or know of people who plan to attend that are not on the following list (Mew2King are you coming? MI are you guys coming?):

Attendance and Setups
Attendance
1. AlphaZealot (Columbus)
2. Quivo (Columbus)
3. Clowsui (Cincinnati) - Maybe
4. King Beef (Cleveland) - Needs ride from NEOH
5. Nope (Springfield)
6. Champ (Springfield)
7. Capem (Springfield)
8. Fonz (Springfield)
9. Lou (Springfield)
10. Argent (Kent State)
11. Mr. E (Lima)
12. TheKiest (Worthington)
13. SneakyTaco (Columbus)
14. DJ Scribbles (Dayton)
15. Kassandra Nova (Cincinnati)
16. Fromundaman (Akron)
17. Infern (Cincinnati)
18. Tyr (Cincinnati)
19. Today (Cincinnati)
20. Kel (Cincinnati)
21. T-800 (Athens)
22. Pops (Athens)
23. Baro (Plain City)
24. SoleCaliber (Amherst)
25. Mr. E (Lima)
26. Smash64 (Cincinnati)
27. KassandraNova (Cincinnati)
28. King Yoshi (Cleveland) - Maybe, needs a ride from NEOH Saturday morning
29. Mac Royale (SW Ohio) - Needs ride, help with parking/gas
30. Bead (Cleveland)
31. Wakka (Springfield)
32. Fizzle (Dayton)
33. SoulPech (Columbus)

Setups
TVS
1. Nope
2. Nope

Wiis
1. AlphaZealot
2. Quivo
3. Nope

ALSO: SET UPS!!! WHO IS BRINGING THEM?????????

I'd really like to make pools early for this event so you guys can practice your match ups! I can only do this though if I have a solid idea about who is showing and such.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Sorry, my attendace was confirmed for one of the previous dates. I shan't be there.

Also poor AZ... No matter what you do with that rule, it seems someone's upset/disappointed.

Sliq

Smash Master
I can't make it to this since you a holes opted to put it on the Saturday I move my **** to my parents house for winter break. Good job jerks.

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to try to make this, but it seems like every time I say that I'm going to try to make one I end up...not.

If I come, I will have a Wii and a TV.

Top Bottom