• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
i heard the best way to be in an advantage position against a jiggz is usually the heimlich position. you have to be able to wrap diddy's arms around her balloon base body and somehow manage to hump the stock out of her

Zinoto

Smash Lord
What do you guys think?
I could argue some of these, but it'd only be about little things. I mean Snake is obviously debatable (definitely my least favorite MU but I can see it being even as well), but :pikachu2: might as well go even with :diddy: as well. I've been playing Anther and it definitely seems pretty even, but theoretically :pikachu2: would be at a disadvantage. I guess I have no real complaint about it.

He's going to lose to Nietono.
Lol he better not, so much :salt: if he does.

Player-1

Smash Legend
BBR panel:

:diddy:
-1: :metaknight: :snake:
0: :falco: :popo: :kirby2: :luigi2: :olimar: :peach: :pit: :sheik: :sheilda: :toonlink: :wario:
1: :fox: :ike: :lucario: :mario2: :marth: :ness2: :pikachu2: :rob: :sonic: :wolf: :zerosuitsamus:
2: :bowser2: :dedede: :dk2: :falcon: :gw: :jigglypuff: :link2: :lucas: :pt: :yoshi2: :zelda:
3: :ganondorf: :samus2:
My opinion (most of my opinion didn't get inputted because I was brought in late, only had input on MUs that were already up for discussion):

-9001: :Luigi2:
-1: :metaknight: :snake: :wario:
0: :falco: :popo: :kirby2: :olimar: :peach: :pit: :sheik: :shielda: :toonlink: :marth:
1: :ike: :lucario: :mario2: :ness2: :pikachu2: :rob: :sonic: :wolf: :zerosuitsamus: :dk2: :gw:
2: :dedede: :falcon: :jigglypuff: :link2: :lucas: :pt: :yoshi2: :zelda: :ganondorf: :samus:
3: :bowser2:
9001: :fox:

Some explanations:
-Luigi is too broke, ban him.
-Wario I think is 55:45 (warios favor), some people may consider that 0 or -1, so I was fine with 0
-No diddy plays against kirbys or pits very often so it's hard to say based off of results so it was pretty much all theorycraft. Vato beat falln so maybe he might have some MU knowledge
-sheik panel argued for even, diddys argued for +1, I think it depends on the stages personally. I argued for +1 at first, but I'm kind of an outlier because I wreck on RC and can CP sheiks there and wreck them and if they ban it then I can CP FD and wreck them, but that's just me and my knowledge of RC and that's not really the same for everyone so I conceded to 0.
-I think Marth is even if the Marth knows the MU and can use bananas well, Marth has a pretty good banana game, but no Marths really know how to use bananas efficiently. Marth definitely has to work harder though.
-I think DK is only -1. I find D3 way easier than DK, but that my just be due to my playstyle. I find D3's kill moves naturally predictable so I usually live pretty long against him. DK has the shortest trip animation in the game, he bounces up upon trip so sometimes you don't hit with a dsmash. He can live longer than D3 and he kills earlier. I personally find D3 easier to camp also, D3 can wrack damage up better though. I also think DK can gimp Diddy easier than D3 can.
-GaW can't approach us at all, but due to stage list and the fact that he kills us at 80 and can juggle us well, then I'd say -1.
-Jigglypuff, lucas, yoshi, and pt I could see being -1 too and I'd be split. Jiggz and Lucas argued for -1. I said +2 on jiggz due to her being easy to kill and having the longest trip animation in the game. She's hard to hit, but once you do you can usually get a good bit of damage up with momentum. Lucas I was split, I lost to mekos the past two times we played, but I think I'm playing the MU wrong. Luigi player was the other diddy panelist arguing for -2 and he linked me to matches of him vs best lucas player in Europe and he played it much better than me. Lucas has a hard time punishing stuff OoS due to his tether grab and stuff. Yoshi is heavy and can space really well against us, other than that I don't have too much Yoshi experience. He has crappy OoS options so I'd say -2, but I could see -1. PT...well squirtle wrecks us. Squirtle would be -1, Ivysaur would be +2 and Charizard +1 IMO.
-Ganon I'm split with +2 and +3, he kills us really early and has some banana tricks with flamechoke, but then again...it's ganon...
-I don't have like any Samus experience at all. NoiD beat lie before and they haven't played since AFAIK. I don't see why it would be a +3, it's kind of hard to approach her IMO, but again I don't have much MU experience. I just theorycrafted my way to a +2
-Bowser I'm split as +3 and +2 but I'd say +3. He can't approach us at all. He's so big that our peanuts make it hard to approach on the ground and in the air. His klawhopping stays with in the same zone as the arc of the popgun and he can't even really use aerials to hit them away well since they're laggy enough to punish if he throws them out.
-Fox camp behind a banana and he'll never kill you

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I like your list a lot more P-1, you should throw :sonic: down there with :fox: lol wifi is the only place :sonic: is good.

I've been playing Anther lately and :diddy:/:pikachu2: seems pretty even to me, but I've heard from pretty much everyone that it's in favor of :diddy:. Can you explain what puts it in our favor?

:dk2: and :gw: are closer to -1 than -2 like you said, but I can see :marth: being +1 for us. Like you said :marth: has to put in a lot more work than we do to win, so I think it'd be +1 rather than even.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i think diddy pika is even, and MK is +2 on us if the MK has good item usage. Everything else seems more or less close though

vato_break

Smash Master
I can agree with p-1's list except for olimar being even and D3 being that much of an advantage. but, maybe i'm not experienced enough vs these characters or something..all of my MU knowledge was carried over from mario/mk and use similar tools. Sonic/fox would be 6:4 advantage(i' have experiences vs. tkd for fox and X/Bam/ pheonix for sonic). I also think marth is even, the only thing i think diddy would have to push it towards +1 is his edgegaurding/gimping abilities. Kirby would would be even or even diddys advantage, he's like a smaller D3 w/out a chaingrab but, can combo/bair better/kirby can't really kill you...he's like gaw lmao. And mario would be 6:4 diddys advantage.

Vega4

Smash Ace
Hi.
Which is the name of the topic that has the recomendations of which stages ban, strike, counter vs every character?
P-1 gave me link long time ago but I can remember it now.

BTW, shouldn't that topic be listed somewhere or be a sticky topic (that way new people could know that it exist)?
(bis) (bis) (bis)

vato_break

Smash Master
If his is as long as gaw's then you can banna throw->regrab-> fastfall and rethrow. On most characters this isn't guarenteed but, if he's as slow as gaw then it will be. i also have trouble vs pikachu..dispite winning most. i just don't know what im doing really.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Not quite as long as GaW's and Jigg's I don't think, actually. There was some misconception about Pika having a longer trip animation than he does at some point.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
:pikachu2: has a normal length trip animation, but the problem I have with :pikachu2: is that he's so freaking awkward. Maybe it's because Anther likes to do a lot of tricky stuff, but I usually don't have a game plan when I play him. Stuff either works or it doesn't...

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
If his is as long as gaw's then you can banna throw->regrab-> fastfall and rethrow. On most characters this isn't guarenteed but, if he's as slow as gaw then it will be. i also have trouble vs pikachu..dispite winning most. i just don't know what im doing really.
The only reason this works against G&W is because he has a horrible roll combined with a horrible trip animation.

Happy new years Diddy Boards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Player-1

Smash Legend
Pool 75
Toronto Joe
Player-1
EE
MechWarrior
Serynder

Pool 31
ADHD
Hall
VaNz
Rai
Hawky

Pool 11
Gnes
Keitaro
ScaryLB59
JaZz
gambit

Pool 63
Yukhoe
GDX
Jamnt0ast
Slarsh
Radium88

Pool 65
NickRiddle
Micaelis
Sails
RingofFire
Leaf.

here are all of the diddys i saw pools

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
P1 I think your pool overall is pretty tough

Aside from the obvious players I can't identify anyone :laugh:

:phone:

Player-1

Smash Legend
ehhhhhh, I think I can get 1st seed, 2nd seed I think I can more, but I wouldn't say 3rd seed is too farfetch'd. It'll suck if I make one mistake against EE and get gimped at like 20 and lose the set cuz of it, but as long as I'm not dumb then I got dissssss :190:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
ee has quite a bit if lies practice, since they are in the same region, so that wont be a walk in the park

never played TOJOE, but I heard hes good, plus hes MK.

Honestly i think you'll be fighting EE for 2nd seed

Edit: but dont feel bad i'll probably be fighting toast for 2nd. Wario is a bad enough personal matchup, but the guy is japanese too so hes probably mad patient :laugh:

Player-1

Smash Legend
Personally, I think EE should have been given 2nd seed in another pool since it's seeded in order (to joe first, me 2nd, ee 3rd). I though EE was good enough to be a 2nd seed =/. Most tournaments I see of md/va i never really see lie vs EE or anything like that

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Personally, I think EE should have been given 2nd seed in another pool since it's seeded in order (to joe first, me 2nd, ee 3rd). I though EE was good enough to be a 2nd seed =/. Most tournaments I see of md/va i never really see lie vs EE or anything like that
they practice alot out of tourney/MMs. dunno how much they play in tourney

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
in exchange for videos of me vs MikeHaze give me relevant Videos of Player 3. Its only fair, although mine aren't that hard to find...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom