• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Peanut Gallery [Diddy Board Social]

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
so I was wondering should diddy use more grab?
I mean his grab is so good I can actualy chase my oponents with it. it works on everyone.

only if they jump you can't regrab. by following them. And even then you can in a lot of cases punish the landing.
I always dash in my oponent after a Fthrow/Bthrow If they use a arial I react to it and shieldGrab it. If they shield it's a free grab. if they dodge just grab after it. If they airdodge it's a free grab as well.
Only like a few characters can't get chased if they jump. and no one expects it from diddy.

Edit: if you can't chase them they probably DI away and it are free banana's.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
i feel like diddys dash grab always gets like random grab armor.
speaking of does anyone have the hitstun data for his jab 1?

but yeah grabbing is broken with diddy because players are also more prone to shield. just stay conscious and if it's not working back off

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I feel like that match when I took your last stock with fair to fart to fart (yarly) to uair wasn't exactly a close one.

Especially now that you're implying you actually had me on my last stock at that time. STOP LYING TO YOURSELF BRO

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
inb4 Ramin and gluto get 1st and 2nd lol

EDIT: let's discuss grab. srs grab is broken and so is our grab range...

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I feel like that match when I took your last stock with fair to fart to fart (yarly) to uair wasn't exactly a close one.

Especially now that you're implying you actually had me on my last stock at that time. STOP LYING TO YOURSELF BRO
That wasn't the last stock, bro <_<
You even paused to laugh your *** off because I had already re-spawned :bee:

STOP LYING TO YOURSELF BRO

Edit: To contribute to the subject ... I thought it's commonly agreed that grab is kinda broken ... and Diddy has one of the best grab game because his dash, walk, standing / walking grab and dash grab all have good properties ... plus he has legit grab set-ups.

:059:

Zinoto

Smash Lord
idk what to do agianst well spaced marth fairs :(
If Marth and Diddy use fair at the same time, we will win. You either knock him out of the air when he fairs (after shielding it) or fair if you think he'll fair and beat it. Honestly our fair is broken, just stay out of the air and shield. Once you see him whiff a fair or you powershield it, fair him. You also need to mix in side b, it's good in this match up. For the past like 2 weeks I've been playing Clowsui (gotcha :yeahboi:) and you just literally knock him out of the air, whenever you see him fair or you know he's gonna fair.

Who is the marth you are having trouble with btw?

EDIT: I wouldn't advise crouching under the fair wall a lot (especially at mid-high percents). If they hit you, which they probably will, your trajectory is gonna be horizontal, putting you in a bad position offstage. I tried that today in some friendlies and died at 80%.

vato_break

Smash Master
i'm not having trouble agianst anyones marth, i will still win i just don't have a solid way of beating fairs. i need to learn how to buffer sh fairs a lot better.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Fair trades hit with Marths fair unless they just space the sword so the tip hits the legs, crawling to dtilt isn't bad cuz dtilt can hit Marths feet, upward angled ftilt outranges Marths fair also

:phone:

Luigi player

Smash Master
why wouldnt marth land with fair though? and he always fairs while jumping up too, which hits really low. crawling doesnt seem like a good option to me, you'd get hit by both... I guess powershielding is the best option, or just run away to be save and shoot peanuts...

Zinoto

Smash Lord
why wouldnt marth land with fair though? and he always fairs while jumping up too, which hits really low. crawling doesnt seem like a good option to me, you'd get hit by both... I guess powershielding is the best option, or just run away to be save and shoot peanuts...
Crawling is good if your opponent does rising fair a lot. If they fair from anywhere past that you can be hit while crawling and since you're holding down your DI suffers. If they whiff the fair tho.....open season. I personally don't crawl to avoid fairs because I don't like gambling (also my reaction time isn't Ally level yet. ;)). I'd rather just shield it and punish or just beat his fair with mine.

Player-1

Smash Legend
First hit of fair comes from the top and swings down so crawling dtilt isn't that bad of a mixup, it's not something you should spam though, just use it every now and then

Zinoto

Smash Lord
First hit of fair comes from the top and swings down so crawling dtilt isn't that bad of a mixup, it's not something you should spam though, just use it every now and then

100% on this. That's why our fair will beat his (or hers o.O) if used at the same time.

So I just learned that doing nothing wrecks like half of the cast.....discuss. :cool:

Luigi player

Smash Master
I just practiced the nanerlock on ZSS and it's so ****ing easy lol just like MK. And you can also punish quite a few of her moves with it (some come out really fast but have lag so it's easy to bait punish them).

Not scared anymore. :cool:

Luigi player

Smash Master
True

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=13064502#post13064502

My vids vs DRN with infinite that I'm waiting for him to upload I Infinited him out of him missing a grab cuz it was ZSS's blind spot on her grab

haha it's funny when that happens. especially if you punish with an infinite XD

it's good to have a hard-punisher now. I always felt like my punishes meant nothing. if ZSS misses a grab well what can I do except dsmash really but that KOs at like 150 or so (too late :( too bad you can SDI out of fsmash (although it can be spaced so that only the latter hitbox will hit...))

Luigi player

Smash Master
luigi player, do you co-main diddy and donkey?
No, I main Diddy only.

My other chars (DK, Wario, and others...) don't see that much use, only in pools, friendlies and rarely in bracketmatches. [also Wario in doubles]
In my own country I use many different chars often, but at big tourneys I'm using pretty much Diddy only. [because I feel the most confident with him]
I really enjoy ****** pools with DK though. :bee:

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Ohhh, this could be a fun side discussion to the infinites discussion: who all does everyone play besides Diddy, especially in tournaments?

Personally, I play Jiggs for fun since I'm narcoleptic and she's a fun character (and I beat P1's Falco with Jiggs 8) ), and I'm trying to get my Wolf (my first main) up to tournament-level as a backup if my Diddy just isn't getting there. Wolf covers some matchups, namely Olimar being easier, and I tend to do better against Marth with Wolf rather than Diddy (screw the BBR MU chart, I still don't think Marth/Diddy is any better than even). Basically, if the MU isn't absolute piss for Wolf and I've lost a match handily with Diddy, I consider switching to Wolf for game 2 (nobody expects it, can't imagine why not)

vato_break

Smash Master
i use mk, mario, and snake sometimes. I can **** people with my mario sometimes XD. im just wondering, whats the pit matchup like? i'd imagine its hard or something.

Limeee

Smash Champion
i actually main wario but im slowly switching to diddy kong.
ive mained snake, mk, game and watch, marth, wario and diddy kong

i can never settle on a character lolol but im pretty much committed to wario diddy kong now

:009:

Zinoto

Smash Lord
For tourney usage, I secondary Peach (namely so I don't have to do the ditto). My first main was actually :yoshi2: so he's a viable secondary for me as well lol.

i use mk, mario, and snake sometimes. I can **** people with my mario sometimes XD. im just wondering, whats the pit matchup like? i'd imagine its hard or something.
Pit doesn't have any real disadvantages when it comes to the MU. He has a lot of multi-hit moves, a glide attack, and is mobile in the air so he can keep up with diddy really well. I've played Luckay before and a lot of Ally's Pit lately and you just have to outplay the other player. He's really a straight-forward character; make good plays and judgements and you will win the mu.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I've had DK64 since release and only just discovered that Diddy can do aerial cartwheels, and that he's the only character who can double jump. Talk about being late to the party.

Aerial cartwheel (hold b)-ground pound-that attack where you hold b and it shoots out a wave of energy is the coolest way to kill a bunch of enemies. I wonder if the entire combo works on Krushas.

Luigi player

Smash Master
what should i be looking out for? what about a roll happy pit? how is the mu generally played?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TU5b24KXGMg&feature=plcp

maybe that helps on a quick view of the MU.

generally if the pit camps hard on the ledge it's REALLY annoying and even if you get a lead early you will have really big trouble KOing him if he just stays on ledges all day and shoots arrows to build up your % too. frustrating
if he doesnt camp like that he should be easy imo

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
I main diddy kong and meta knight. both are exactly the same level and both have weaknesses.
For some reason I do a lot worse by using only one of them. And I have a dk which I mained for a year before I went diddy/mk.

EDIT: marth's fair is also punishable with banana's...

Player-3

Smash Hero
just go and grab marth when he lands 90% of the time hes going to shield waiting for a banana

geez

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
I'm surprised jebus hasn't flipped this place upside down by now. GJ player 1

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
TAS Diddy would be the most insane thing ever!!!! I would love to see Diddy consistently Jebus Dribble

Luigi player

Smash Master
just go and grab marth when he lands 90% of the time hes going to shield waiting for a banana

geez
lol how will you grab if you have a banana, sideB? too slow
also you cant do ANYTHING against landing fair to upB, not even if you powershield. marth is just really stupid, you always have to predict or dont do anything to stay save.

Top Bottom