• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Pichu Social & General Discussion Thread

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
This thread is for discussing anything you want with your fellow Pichu players.

Rules:
  • All of the Global Forum Rules still apply here.
  • If you have a quick question, ask it here. If you want to post something that will elicit discussion, make a thread for it.
  • Spam is fine in moderation. Try not to stray too far off the current topic.
  • Enjoy yourself!

D

Deleted member

Anyone here have any New Year's resolutions? If not maker it up.
I guess one of mine would be to stop eating like a pig another would be to exercise more also practice Smash more been to busy to play much.

Pikachugirl

Banned via Administration
I don't really care about people anyway other than having meaning from them ICG gave meaning to the pichu boards or at least tried to. Kind of like the difference bewteen a living body or a dead body I guess. One does and has meaning the other doesn't really it's the same person but living ones give value.

D

Deleted member

We should all have our special text color we use at least in the Pichu Boards. It would be a fun thing to do imo. Like i use FF0000.

D

Deleted member

xD You know imagine how much nicer this site would be if everyone posted in their own individual colors. If no one ever picked the same color, we'd have a beautiful forum and a lot more individuality or whatever. Or maybe if in their sig boxes, they posted a beautiful picture of a beautiful thing less than a few miles from their house, then everything would be beautiful and this would be the prettiest site ever.

Hey what do you think of this idea? Never going to happen ik but it's fun to think about. Imagine if there were traveling smashers who drove a bus and were a band and traveled around the country playing Smash. People could pay a venue fee to play smashfests on the bus, and there would be an occasional tournament. The outside of the bus would be like painted with Smash characters and stuff.

Why did you decide to main Pichu?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I love the idea of travelling smashers on a bus xD

I originally started using Pichu as a joke, but then I got to like him :D
I really like how under-developed his meta-game is, so we can keep finding new things with him.

D

Deleted member

Ikr? Isn't it great? I call it… "The Smash Bus". Very creative name.

I started playing as him as soon as i unlocked him and he was my second main. I mained both Kitrby and Pichu, but Kirby a little more (funny how i happened to main the two "worst" characters in the game). I was like 8 at the time so yeah lol.

Years went by and finally when i got into the competitive Brawl scene i saw some Melee videos of Pichu and Kirby and it reminded me of how great Melee is. For a while i couldn't play though cuz my Melee was kind of stolen but i got it back luckily. I tried out Kirby and Pichu again after years of not playing, but couldn't stand Kirby and dropped him. Been maining Pichu ever since, but haven't been able to practice with people since my scene is dead.

How did you get into Smash?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
This is a sort-of long story :p

My older brother had a Nintendo 64 and Smash 64 when I was young. He would always play it with his friends, and being the nosey brat I was I would always ask to play as well. I remember we always played on Sector Z, and I was always Pikachu (the character I recognized the most because of the Pokemon anime). We didn't play with items on, so that was a bit of a plus for when I decided to get into the competitive scene.

Anyway, my older brother bought a Gamecube and Melee when they came out, and after he unlocked everything I played it, like... religiously. I mained Ness and Roy at that time. My ultimate goal was to beat my older brother in a 1v1 game :p And while trying to accomplish that goal I stumbled upon the website Detstar.com (it has been taken down now, don't bother looking it up). It explained several advanced techniques, and that is when I learnt about competitive play. I remember that I started to use dash dancing (just as a bit of a taunt, I didn't actually know what it was supposed to be used for :p) but I thought that wave-dashing and l-cancelling were just "too hard" and I didn't bother learning them.

I still couldn't beat my brother after all that time, even after picking up a new main: Ice Climbers. I didn't really know how to play them, I just ran around doing de-synched blizzards and grab > forward smash combos :p At this point I was REALLY hyped for Brawl. Considering Melee was the game that got me into video games, it pretty much shaped the person I am today, so Brawl was a pretty big deal. I checked the updates on the Dojo every night, and I discussed every possibility with fellow Smash fans on the nsider forums.

Eventually Brawl came out, I enjoyed it and found out that several of the people at my school played as well. So they would often come round and we'd play. If I remember correctly, I started with Ness in Brawl, then went on to R.O.B., then Wolf, then Jigglypuff. I joined Smash World Forums and downloaded Brawl+, which I played with my friends too after we got bored of Brawl. I eventually went back to Melee and learnt how to wave-dash, as well as some other things. I practiced by myself for about a year, and went to my first tournament early 2010.

Needless to say I got demolished, and ever since then I have strived to improve. I went to my first major inter-state in mid-2010, I improved at Brawl (I now main Meta Knight) and improved HEAPS at Melee, picking up various new characters along the way. I've pretty much solely revived the Melee scene in my state (which died after the release of Brawl) and will be attending my second major in February.

And that's my story xD

soju

SD God
Time to add some yellow to this thread <3

And smash bus. . . fund it. . . it sounds amazing :D

D

Deleted member

This thread is the flag of Lithuania. =D

So i've been thinking what if a car crash happens or the Smash Bus comes to a sudden stop? How are the tvs 100% sure to not go flying? The seats would probably be up against the wall of the bus or something.

Holy crap. o.0 Interesting story lol. Really off-topic ik sorry but do you have an AiB account?

Mine's also a long read, lol.
For me i got into Smash when my brother started going over his friends' house back in late 1999 i think to play Smash 64. It led to him getting a N64 with SSB and a few other games with it. We both liked the game a lot, and he mained Kirby and i mained Yoshi. I spent pretty much all the time i played the game beating up the cpu in training mode though cuz i hated items (and still do lol). When my brother finally unlocked the thing to turn off items, he glady turned off all the items… Except, he turned motion sensor bombs on "very high" because "they're for pros". DX

Then when Melee came out i decided to main Kirby cuz i liked him in Kirby 64 a lot, and i spent all my free time for a really long time playing Melee cuz i loved it so much. I loved all the stuff they changed from 64 to Melee and all the new stages and characters, plus the mechanics. And yeah blah blah blah same stuff as i mentioned in my post earlier lol.

By the time Brawl was coming out, i had been sick of video games for a while (like almost a year maybe) and didn't care, but my brother was super excited for it and got me a copy of it and a Wii cuz he had no one else to play it with lmao. When i got it i decided i'd try it out, since i loved Melee so much.

I didn't really liked it so much comared to Melee, was really floaty and a lot of the stuff i liked was gone (no offense or anything). I especially didn't like Kirby, so i was mainless for a while, until i got home from school one day and my brother was playing. He was playing Subspace where there's ZSS and Pikachu, so i picked Pika and my brother thought i was amazing with him, mained him in Brawl ever since.

After a while though i got really bored and went back to Melee. My brother liked Brawl a lot more, so we stopped playing until he took my Melee disc lol. Went back to Brawl cuz i had nothing better to do, but badly wanted to improve and searched stuff on the internet and eventually found this place and a thread for my first tournament. Soo now here i am. xD

D

Deleted member

I'm Artemis on AiB. Also just a funny thing i noticed, but if you change the .ai on the end of the link to a profile on AiB to .pichu, it'll still work. I tried this with a bunch of other words but it only seems to work with Pichu from what i've seen.
ex. http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Grim+Fandango.ai vs http://allisbrawl.com/profile/Grim+Fandango.pichu
Yeah it's pretty great. Pichu really is God of the universe.
But yeah how often do you get to go to tournaments? I've always been curious about the scene in AU.

Van.

Smash Ace
I don't really care about people anyway other than having meaning from them ICG gave meaning to the pichu boards or at least tried to. Kind of like the difference bewteen a living body or a dead body I guess. One does and has meaning the other doesn't really it's the same person but living ones give value.
Holy ****. This posting style is exactly like ICGs!

soju

SD God
Lol, well guys i think ima hang in here for a little bit since the pika boards seemed to have died, so heya peepz :3

D

Deleted member

Hi Soju! =) Hey are either of you ever on Xat? Are there like any competitive Melee chatrooms there or anything?

D

Deleted member

Are you serious? O_O It's this giant chatroom network thing where you have a name and an avatar. It's pretty much a faster-paced version of a forum except you don't need an account to use it (but you should get one if you're going to use it anyway) and there are chatrooms instead of topics. It's really great i love it. You really should try it out. Like ask your friends what chatrooms they go to. I would be really surprised if you didn't have any friends who use Xat.
You guys going to Pound 5?

soju

SD God
i live in cali, and my booboo car wont be able to go all the way there and back XD really wish i could go though

D

Deleted member

Oshnap, haven't been logging on here much lol. Hey guys, how's it going?

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I like Pichu, nuff said. He is my 5th played Character I picked up.

In ranking of best.

1. Marth/Luigi
3. Ganondorf
4.Pichu
5. Kirby

D

Deleted member

For me it's:

1. Pichu
2. everyone else

What kinds of stuff did you sell?
I haven't really been up to anything. Just studying for mid terms/finals.

Top Bottom