• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Pichu Social & General Discussion Thread

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
Imm just jump in as if i've always been here if thats fine. ^_^

1.Kirby (Cried) - First week after Melee's Release
2.Fox (Had a Fight) - 4 Month's After Melee's Release
3. Falco (After winning said Fight) Still play as my main
4.Ganon (couldn't keep away from him) was my Second
5.Pichu (After getting tired of fighting for top spot) Currently training to be my main, im sick of Falco.T_T

Van.

Smash Ace
Idk how kirby can be anyones best. I mean if you can ftilt, your sheik can outplay your kirby.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
Idk how kirby can be anyones best. I mean if you can ftilt, your sheik can outplay your kirby.
-__-

Your kidding right? I agree that kirby is a bad character but if you only F-tilt the whole match, I'd **** you so bad you'd be having nightmares about it.

Also, you guyz aren't doing a very good job at trying to keep this forum alive...., I've been coming here every few hours to see if there is any activity.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
How? How would you beat Ftilt spam?

And no, I'm not talking about some brain dead Sheik who just stands still and only uses Ftilt. How would you beat a decent player mixing Ftilt up with shield grabs and aerials?

KingClubber

Smash Ace
How? How would you beat Ftilt spam?

And no, I'm not talking about some brain dead Sheik who just stands still and only uses Ftilt. How would you beat a decent player mixing Ftilt up with shield grabs and aerials?
Out of all my friends i was the only one who gave kirby a chance, not wanting to lose one of few characters i enjoyed from brawl, so i had went through many matches not ever winning, but i've learned that all character have the same weakest, shiek has this same weakest as falco her recovery.

As long as you can keep them off the stage, and keep yourself above it, openings appear sheik is no falco or jiggy who can control the skies, and her hits have to rack up a lot of damage to get her spike kills, and kirby being a floater, and with good DI can't force her to make mistakes, and make said openings.

But I don't play with Kirby any more, but as long as im not fighting some pro sheik i'd still have an edge over her.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
So I've been working on the Pichu hitboxes.

I've got most of it sorted, tilts, aerials etc. but I've got a couple of questions for you guys.

Do you want things like techs, get up attacks etc.? I can probably do them, but it'll take m e a little longer to get those done as well.

Aaand, edge options. Do you want the animations for rolls, get up attack etc. for <100% and =>100%?
If so, would you like it so the gif always has Pichu centred in the middle, or would you rather a still camera, so you can gauge the distance gained from the edge options?

I still need to do Pichu's B attacks as well, but really it shouldn't be much longer until I'm finished. A week, two week tops.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
Aww, who care about that anymore, i DON"T even PLAY with kirby any more. I've been main Falco for the last, 7 years, im sick of him now, and now i want to play with pichu.

Since I agree, that Pichu might be a diamond in the rough. I've been practicing "PA" as it's called, but im having slow progress in mastering it.

And yes i've been to a couple of tournament, but nothing major like apex, and since i'm the only one of my friends that plays anymore, its become hard to find someone on the same skill lvl or above here in L.A.

I know that they're are players, but i haven't found them.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I'm saying I could write an even better guide now.

In my guide I suggested it's potential for mind-games and other silly things like how players should spam it (to remain unpredictable) and mix it in with lots of thunder-jolts, etc...

My new view on the move is that it's main purpose should be to chase opponents down, with mind-games taking a back seat to that.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
Chasing them eh? I've thought about that, but not the same way. The problem is i dont have any one to play with any more so i cant really put anything into practice, but i've tried a combined effort of that using PA to as an counter attack, or even as an approach. The problem so far it timing, it's going to take me some practice before i can get it down right.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Wow....

Just started the gif for Pichu's side B. It's a bit of a nuisance because he has that ridiculous trail of smoke behind him which I have to cut off, otherwise the gif will be way too big. So it looks kinda messy.

But the thing is, during the whole thing, his head has no hitbox. That's just silly... Side B is bad.

ALSO: I was playing Pichu for the lulz yesterday on BF. I was offstage, and I used neutral B. It hit the edge of the stage in such a way that it didn't do it's normal bouncing around the stage thing, but the hitbox and jolt just stuck on the edge... And it constantly kept making the bounce sound until it disappeared. It was WEIRD. No idea why it happened :/. Explanation?

@KingClubber Pichu's Upsmash is amazing 8D. And Pikachu is dumb.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
But the thing is, during the whole thing, his head has no hitbox. That's just silly... Side B is bad.
It's only purpose is punishing Rest :p

ALSO: I was playing Pichu for the lulz yesterday on BF. I was offstage, and I used neutral B. It hit the edge of the stage in such a way that it didn't do it's normal bouncing around the stage thing, but the hitbox and jolt just stuck on the edge... And it constantly kept making the bounce sound until it disappeared. It was WEIRD. No idea why it happened :/. Explanation?
Never heard of it before, what stage?

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Haha I came running back here to say I just got it to work, but you've beaten me to it.

I've got a short videoclip showing it attached to the edge (forgot to consider recording until I actually got it to work). Not really worth uploading or making any sort of fuss about, it just looked cool.

I'm guessing it just works on BF because of it's weird edges, I haven't tried to get it on other stages.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
LOL, That would be awesome. ^_^

Well, i've been getting better at 'PA' but im still having problems with angles, and with his short hop, the most i can short hop with pichu in a roll is 5 times at my best.

And I've also been testing out some edge guarding ideas. I don't know it people know this but pichu up tilt is very weird, the hit box appears above, and in front of pichu but not behind, whats up with that?

Also it seem that 'PA' must also be used as a form of evasion when fight in teams, and it's also seems to work well in some approaching, or chasing like you said before, Grim.

Anyone got a daily tip for me? ^_^

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Daily Tip:

If you crouch and as soon as a bubble appears you stand and crouch again, you get more bubbles than if you just crouched!

:070:

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Dear Grim,

Do you have some sort of psychic link to the Pichu Boards? I swear you were replying before I even posted.

Yours sincerely,

Seikend.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I am psychic.

I am signed into my e-mail account, and SWF sends me an e-mail everytime someone replies to a thread I've subscribed to.
Oh.

I should do that but I somehow subscribe to threads without meaning to, I'm accidentally subscribed to at least 5 threads :mad088:

Good to see the Pichu and Bowser boards are as busy as always.

Hopefully won't be much longer with the gifs. You need to update that PA guide!

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
PA Guide will be updated when I finish my Ice Climbers guide, most likely.

You subscribe to a thread every time you post a proper reply (not a "Quick Reply") by default.

I'll start a Pichu conversation: Tilts for spacing, yay or nay?

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Oh.

Just checked, I'm at 132 threads. Might play around with subscriptions, thanks for the tip.

I'm probably not the best guy to talk about Pichu with really, it'd pretty much be you teaching me how to play haha. I've never tried to learn to use him seriously.

I wouldn't try spacing with ftilt at all. Range is just horrendous.

I don't really like dtilt for spacing. I mean the hitbox is nice and disjointed, but it really doesn't stay out for very long at all. 3 frames I think?

So basically, nay.

Top Bottom