• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Pichu Social & General Discussion Thread

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Just to update you, got all aerials, grabs, tilts, jab, both side Bs and aerial neutral B done.

I shouldn't be too much longer (Although I'm back to uni so I've slowed down a bit), but if you want me to pull up any particular hitbox in the meantime, I can do that pretty easily.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, wasn't paying attention to the thread.

Just compiling those ones now, will upload them soon.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I thought that Pichu's up tilt was a good spacing tool, this is better than I expected. Great range for Pichu.
Dtilt has similar range, but it's too fast and has worse angle on the knockback :/

Pichu's jab range is disgusting, same with Skull Bash

Pichu's fair has great range, wish it didn't do so much damage. I'm gonna SHFFL it more now.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Glad to hear you've all got something from it.

Just to note, they're all at 1/3 speed.

I want to see the perfect repeated jab at full speed but I don't have any programs that can animate at that framerate haha

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
I'm mad serious that my Pichu is Legit. It's not my Weegee nor my Marth, but I make sure Axe has a hard time trying to kill it.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
I'm mad serious too, i need those videos, I use to main Falco but i grew bored of him, and turned my sights on the one character none of my friends play with, after testing him out and win a couple a matches with him, I was grinning ear to ear. Pichu is the prefect character for me to play my best, and still have fun.

But before i have fun, i must learn.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Alright man. I should have some Pichu Videos up sooner or later, Ill post them On here when they are uploaded. I know some are on my PC.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'd appreciate some vids too.

I don't really play Pichu at all, but I dont know, I think he'd be fun to pick up.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
What I'd like to do at this tourney, is try to establish that Pichu > Kirby. We won't get much than that unless we want to take Bowser off his spot, which is doable, but Bowser's UpB will kill Pichu retardly fast. So its best to bait Bowser into using it and then Upsmashing during the ending lag. Pichu is hard work Gents.

BTW, I know who Pikachugirl is. Don't worry friend, I will carry on your legacy.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Lol. Yea. Speed is Key. Motion is everything. Getting the stock up early is basically the best way for Pichu to win, otherwise, coming back is impossible. But a few key things here.

If you ledge camp to try to gimp a Fox for instance, and they start spamming lasers for damage -

Pichu can duck under lasers.

Also, Pichu has damage control, you can actually increase your damage to increase knockback on Pichu to avoid death at killing percents. Like if you are dthrown by Capt. and are about to be knee'd but your DI will send you far enough due to damage to not get hit by it. Sure this sounds a bit silly, but remember.

When playing with Pichu, coventional melee rules must be warped in order to achieve victory.

KingClubber

Smash Ace
In a dark underground base in the middle of L.A
LOL, Loved you D-dmash ledge kills those were surprising, and very funny.

Yeah im starting to believe avoiding self damage attacks is pointless, best just not to get hit, and play the best you can with the set moves, it's good that being small has it's advantages.

Question -I've never tried it myself and i just thought about it right now, can you tech with "Z" ?

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Yes, you can tech with 'Z'.

Ignoring self damage is a bad idea imo, Pichu has a great recovery, it's not like he dies at 0%. If you whiff recoil moves frequently you will definitely die much quicker.

I was pleasantly surprised by your Pichu, nicknyte. I liked your use of Utilt > Usmash combos and some of the more bizarre moves you used (like Down Smash edge-guard, Ftilt spacing, jab shield pressure, thunder edge-guard, etc...)

I hope to see more stuff from you!

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Thanks Grim. I try my hardest. I kinda think like this in my mindset. If my moves cause damage to me, So whay? I'm going to get hit anyway. Might as well sack the 1% damage for a jolt or a ledgecancelled agility > upsmash and or CRAZY DSMASH. Dsmash is like, my favorite WTF move.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I'm not saying to play ultra conservative with your moves, but the percentage very quick;y builds up if you are carelessly whiffing fairs, fsmashes and jolts.

Pichu has a VERY good recovery, and while he may die at percents as low as 50, it is important to try and stay away from kill percents until you get a stock lead, at least.

Nicknyte

Smash Lord
Fo Sho. I also suggest being very accurate with fsmash. If you fight a defensive ledgecamper, your fsmash multiple hits with force the opponent off, and more than likely they will get hit with the final hitbox

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
You can tech with Z? Really?

I'm pretty sure it needs to be R or L.

Z counts as light press R + A, while tech needs to be full press R.

That's what I remember anyway.

Top Bottom