• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The PokéLab: Pikachu Research Thread (QA frame data added: 1/26/11)

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
The thunder glitch you're talking about can happen with any electric based attack, pk thunder, knee, etc. I think I know how it happens, but not 100% sure yet. Was Samus hit towards the side of the stage when it happened?

Feel free to ask as many questions you want. I love researching and answering questions. It gives me something to do. :)

lmntolp

Smash Apprentice
I can't see the video D:. I'm pretty sure I found the same kind of glitch, but it was when I released ike's side-b at the same time that a GaW used upb offstage, which made me die instantly off the side of the screen.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Yea samus was near the side... for the instant kill (she still was in screw attack animation throughout the teleportion and death tho, but other times (non instant kill--just teleporation and inactive freefall) it has happened without hitting any side of stages (brinstar/ way up high on YI/ and above the platforms of battlefield for me)

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Attack Base Knockback and Growth

Jab
Base: 302.12
Growth: 2.8

Ftilt
Base: 1062.54
Growth: 26.08

Dtilt
Base: 965.445
Growth: 21.3

Utilt
Base: 2006.89
Growth: 26.41

Fsmash
Base: 2547.97
Growth: 31.43

Dsmash
Base: 3581.79
Growth: 22.29

Usmash
Base: 1809.82
Growth: 34.23

Nair (strong)
Base: 1288.05
Growth: 33.25

Fair
Base: ???
Growth: 10.55

Bair
Base: 1983.85
Growth: 16.94

Dair
Base: 1041.58
Growth: 26.7

Uair
Base: 1635.5
Growth: 11.35

Jolt (ball)
Base: 2051.01
Growth: 7.83

Thunder1
Base: 3455.48
Growth: 14.24

Thunder2
Base: 3573.73
Growth: 27.13

Skull bash (uncharged)
Base: 1756.04
Growth: 17.41

Fthrow
Base: 2032.17
Growth: 10.27

Bthrow
Base: 2650.77
Growth: 13.04

Dthrow
Base: 2098.17
Growth: 6.27

Uthrow
Base: 3104.99
Growth: 7.43

altairian

Smash Lord
The initial knockback power of a move and how much 1% increases it, if I'm not mistaken. I'm not sure how much knockback you need for a guaranteed kill though, although obviously that depends heavily on the angle the move sends them and DI, as well.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Um... where do you get the hacking stuffs K-prime for benchamarking and researching? If at all possible, could you test whether Marth and Zero Suit can or cannot get back onto the stage after getting hit with this?

:http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=248949 . Its a new AT that toon link has and I did a vid for it. Only if you have time. Thanks.

I need to refresh myself with ledge invincibility and those character's up-b's and stuff.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
The thunder glitch you're talking about can happen with any electric based attack, pk thunder, knee, etc. I think I know how it happens, but not 100% sure yet. Was Samus hit towards the side of the stage when it happened?

Feel free to ask as many questions you want. I love researching and answering questions. It gives me something to do. :)
i feel like ive answered this a billion times lol.

there is a unique property of electric attacks that if you hit a button as you are hit, it cancels the hitstun and allows you to attack instantly. if they input an up b, an interesting this happens. they get the penalty that is given to momentum based attacks used during hitstun, ie not only do they get the knockback from the attack, but they then get the momentum of the up b + the penalty due to the up b. i have an old vid of neji doing this to a mk. this works for every electric attack though

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
i feel like ive answered this a billion times lol.

there is a unique property of electric attacks that if you hit a button as you are hit, it cancels the hitstun and allows you to attack instantly. if they input an up b, an interesting this happens. they get the penalty that is given to momentum based attacks used during hitstun, ie not only do they get the knockback from the attack, but they then get the momentum of the up b + the penalty due to the up b. i have an old vid of neji doing this to a mk. this works for every electric attack though
Thank you for the billionth answer and your patience. ^_^

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Prime, you should probably copy Pika's frame data into this thread. Or link to it in the OP.

It's buried under a bunch of old threads, and it'll be much easier to find if you put it somewhere in here.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Down Air Hit Stun Advantage

Mario (Fresh)
0%: (-11) - 1
10%: (-7) - 5
20%: 0 - 12
30%: 3 - 15
40%: 7 - 19
50%: True Knockback
*First number is hitting with Dair on frame 14 (first frame the hitbox comes out)
*Second number is hitting with Dair on frame 26 (last frame the hitbox is out)

altairian

Smash Lord
So D3 has a standing infinite on several more characters on RC during some of the moving sections. I don't think it will help us any, but it's probably worth putting a few minutes of testing in to see if this helps any of our cg's at all.

link to the d3 thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=251972

I'll try to test it out tomorrow but I'm pretty bad so I may mess it up ;)

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I've actually already have been testing that a bit. It does help Pika fthrow cg longer and you also might be able to cg them off the edge for a KO. At the very end of RC where the stage starts to go down, Pika can 0-death everyone with the dthrow cg to uthrow. :)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I've actually already have been testing that a bit. It does help Pika fthrow cg longer and you also might be able to cg them off the edge for a KO. At the very end of RC where the stage starts to go down, Pika can 0-death everyone with the dthrow cg to uthrow. :)
Lol you know that because of me in that pikachu tournament. I'm sorry for it btw

Kantō

Smash Champion
no ****in way..... thats is amazing....

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
ive known about that for a long time ldpk, you can see it in one of my early anther wifi vids on delfino. it has something to do with an electric move hitting someone into a wall right by them. i think you have to hit a button the frame you are hit, and you have to hit a wall immediately.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Easiest way to do the glitch is go to training and pick pika and mk on corneria. Then set mk to about mid-ish percent and put him next to the wall and then just have pika fsmash him. When mk gets hit, he can pretty much act immediately with anything he wants.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeah, so.

Explanation plz?

Is it SDI? Or guaranteed? Or wut?

I'm balls at testing things with DI because my secondary controllers all have crap control sticks/c-sticks.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/530U-ZMz0Xk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/530U-ZMz0Xk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>​

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Lucario's get up from a lock is i guess quicker because i can't do it to anybody else but him...at laest the ones i have tried. Lets say you do a fresh uair at 50. Some characters will get hit by 2 of the thunders, going to 80...but some to go 72 or something like that while lucario goes to 100+

Yeah, lucario is the only one that gets ***** by it that badly.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Not from a QAC. It is either the buffered timing (When you would jump) or after the QA would end (which is WAY too long)

Top Bottom