• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The PokéLab: Pikachu Research Thread (QA frame data added: 1/26/11)

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Lol its basically useless, but it IS cool looking.
What about buffering another QaC down after the first QaC>thunder.... that "may" add some delay while maybe being a fraction of a second shorter than first-QaC landing>thunder. Nonetheless, another thing i could possibly use against Azen....

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Now I see MK's brokenness ^_^. It's not his sword.... its the sonicboom's that his sword creates.... lol.

Oh yea. Hey K-prime, i've been doing a little bit of that pika-ledge-trick or something you did against me on wifi or something (QA from near ledge>standing>u-smash... near lagless). I've done it a few times already... but i sort of still don't really know the right spacing for it. What do you do to space for it? Thanks in advanced.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
It's not his sword.... its the sonicboom's that his sword creates.... lol.
Lol. As far as I understand it, hitboxes are always perfect spheres, so everybody's moves make "sonic booms."

That's so kick***, Prime. Is there a way for us to recreate that for Pika with the PSA program?

bigman40

Smash Master
Lol. As far as I understand it, hitboxes are always perfect spheres, so everybody's moves make "sonic booms."

That's so kick***, Prime. Is there a way for us to recreate that for Pika with the PSA program?
As soon as they figure out the coding for it, we'll be able to do it for every character.

~Mieu

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
god **** that neutral air box is tiny. bair worked like i expected after watching the snake vid, same with the fair. his uair is so big O.o

ohhhhh ok the seetspot nair wasnt showing up, that one is big, the sourspot is so tiny.

dayum thunder is so big. <33333333 thunder. now i really wanna see lucario

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Good stuff.

The construction of the vid is a little.... random, but at least we have an idea of what Pika's hitboxes look like for now. Hopefully someone can make a better vid and get it uploaded in good quality soon..... I'd so do it if I had vid editing software.

Davy Jones

Smash Ace
Slipping Thunder Glitch

I discovered a nice, partially usefull glitch.
-In training room, take Pika(H) and Ice Climbers.
-Have Ice Climbers do FSmash.
-Jump with pikachu over the side of an iceberg and do down-B.
-Jump horizontally so the thunder will miss you but still go on the side of the iceberg.
If done correctly (pretty easy) the thunder will slide on the side of the iceberg. It is a really useful glitch when fighting Iceclimbers or when teaming them it can do really extra damage.

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
I discovered a nice, partially usefull glitch.
-In training room, take Pika(H) and Ice Climbers.
-Have Ice Climbers do FSmash.
-Jump with pikachu over the side of an iceberg and do down-B.
-Jump horizontally so the thunder will miss you but still go on the side of the iceberg.
If done correctly (pretty easy) the thunder will slide on the side of the iceberg. It is a really useful glitch when fighting Iceclimbers or when teaming them it can do really extra damage.
Why fsmash? To dysync a little? I haven't tried it yet, but it may be similar to the pictochat sliding thunder glitch except its with a little iceblock (assuming that is what you mean). I'll see if i can test it or whatever. *imagines what it would look like....* "lightning wave...." better yet.... "thunder wave ^_^".

Edit: I have tried testing for a few seconds... but finally realized that you meant 'Final Smash' instead of 'forward smash' when you said 'fsmash'. Um... the glitch is sort of well known... tho hasn't been used with IC's final smash (cuz final smashes aren't allowed in tourney). It is a fun thing to pull off whenever you have final smashes on for kicks (just like how pikachu has all those item/spring glitches too).

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Uhhh.... moving this to the Research Thread.

Final Smashes aren't used in tournament play, so I don't think many people will get much use out of this..... but thanks anyway. :)

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
okay I know this may not be useful, but I was training with pikachu against a metaknight and found out that you could do dthrow>utilt>grab starting a 0% or dthrow>utilt>any air move.
If this is known, please disregard

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Can someone test this? I can't. ><

I think the utilt might send them too high for the grab to be gauranteed. Does dthrow to utilt even work at 0%?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
O.o like way too many of the cast mk should be able to di away+ jump to get out of dthrow to utilt. even if that hits there is no way in hell you can get a grab out of this. sadly i cant test it either D:

RjPunch

Smash Journeyman
dthrow>utilt works but the regrab is situational. I tried against a lvl 9 metaknight and got the utilt in at about 30%. I just training and finding stuff I can use for an upcoming tourney.

PZ

Smash Lord
lvl 9 cpus dont know how to get out of ****. just saying.
they can do stuff its just they dont like to try but in a tb against cpus dont think their easier the second your partner leaves you your murdered i have like 3 or 4 replays where they murdered me and kicks it was not funny they may seem ******** but they gots too much potential to be good :laugh:

altairian

Smash Lord
Any chance of getting the frame data for the additional lag we get from QAC added to the OP? I can't for the life of me remember where it was posted =\

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Looks like he autocanceled fair right onto the stage from his DJ. (Like when you do Pika's spark walk or whatever by stringing together autocanceled fairs.)

Dunno if that would count as an AT, but it seems pretty useful! Gotta try it one day.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
We just need to know how to stop right on the stage after the double jump. This could be a Frigate only thing.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I doubt it's Frigate only. You can slide onto the stage from a DJ pretty easily....... your DJ height kinda cuts off and you literally slide right onto the stage without lag. Sometimes I do it by accident. x.x!

I've never done it with an aerial with Pika, but with Zelda, it's how you sweetspot fair people's feet and land on the stage. Pretty sure this is the same thing, except Pika's fair autocancels before the hitbox comes out.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I doubt it's Frigate only. You can slide onto the stage from a DJ pretty easily....... your DJ height kinda cuts off and you literally slide right onto the stage without lag. Sometimes I do it by accident. x.x!

I've never done it with an aerial with Pika, but with Zelda, it's how you sweetspot fair people's feet and land on the stage. Pretty sure this is the same thing, except Pika's fair autocancels before the hitbox comes out.
Uhh... what? How is it done then? I've never seen anyone do it.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
You have to DJ low enough that your DJ would end slightly above the stage. When I've done it without an aerial, I don't know if technically my DJ would've ended there anyway, but I kinda just slide onto the stage without landing lag. It's really hard to explain, but the best way I can describe it is that you sort of slide over the lip of the ledge and end in a stand or a walk.

(You've probably done it before and just didn't notice. I dunno if it's related to the fair thing, but it seems like it could be.)

With an aerial, I'm guessing it's similar except that he started Pika's fair slightly before he "slid" into the stage so that it autocanceled when he hit the ground.

EDIT: I'm about to head out to dinner, but I'll try to recreate it when I get home if y'all haven't already. Remind me on AIM!

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Wavelanding? Is that what it's actually called?

I didn't know it was an actual "technique" lol.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
That's not what's happening in the vid though. His double jump was canceled on the stage at the start of it not the end.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
@Prime: I dunno, looked more like the middleish to me..... he DJ'd low enough I think (where the DJ ripples are). Whatevs, I'll just wait til I can get on my Wii and test it. I'm pretty sure it's similar to what I've accidentally done before, though.

Sometimes I DJ onto the stage expecting landing lag and go, "wut the..... why am I walking?!"

PZ

Smash Lord
That's not what's happening in the vid though. His double jump was canceled on the stage at the start of it not the end.
It looked like waveland but then aerial was still inputed can yall test this with other aerials and tell me if there is lag or not? Also some1 who just created a account made a thread at the falcon boards saying its the waveland of brawl. Really it could be easily done by jumping onto a platform and dodging immediately at the passing of it. Im thinking the yoshi boards might know more about this.

there is no wave landing in brawl per se (its a melee tech) just air dodging into the ground, which this isnt
People think it is cuz it looks like it but really isnt. Also sorry if this is a double post.

Top Bottom