• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The PokeHub: Universal PokeProject Thread-Feraligatr, Gardevoir and Hoppip Videos!

Matteron

Smash Ace
Giga drain would be broken even as a final smash, so I vote for leaf storm, also is anyone doing turtwig(my favorite poke other than torterra)?
P.S. congrats on this thread getting 1000 posts!

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
Sick I got the effect and I've started on salamence's attack animations which should be good to test tonight I'll post the moveset soon it's still a rough draft cause right now Salamence could be in like the X Tier he could **** meta knight right now and probably will be able to when I'm finished with him :laugh:
Tyranitar's going great I'm just finishing up a few attacks so that when I do give Vish the files he can make an alpha video and I can release Tyranitar's alpha!! :p

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
Dude you should make it over another character like rob because you want the character's to have similar stature for hurtboxes and such plus I'm already doing Tyranitar over Yoshi and no offense but i think you'd want people to have your mod and they'll take Ttar over licky any day lol :laugh:
:(

Edit: Does anybody know where I can get the effect for Entei's Fire Spin attack? please help me here because I need this for Salamence's flamethrower and I'm revising my salamence moveset for posting right now...
Wouldn't Bowser's or Fire Flower's fire work better? Entei's fire is more explosive, and would either look bad or VERY epic. (thin line)

The hurtboxes can be fixed through PSA + model resizer, I believe.

& Oh yeah. Lickylicky > Tyranitar anyday. You have my best wishes...that thing is awesome XP
Thanks for hitbox adjustment info. :)

E123-omega: I nominate Frenzy Plant as the Final Smsh. Difficult to make, but a giant vine growing out of the stage is awesome sauce so epic, it could be poured on the Flying Spaghetti Monster himself.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
there are exceptionsand I'm using entei's effect cuz flamethrower will do lots of KB not damage like bowsers fire breath and stuff more like the way it is in anime and the games :)

Lazyboy0337

Smash Journeyman
I thought only the fully evolved starters could get frensy plant
They do. However, It works well enough and at least it's not as bad as the anime (AIM4DAHORN!, Finish it with False Swipes!, ect.)

there are exceptionsand I'm using entei's effect cuz flamethrower will do lots of KB not damage like bowsers fire breath and stuff more like the way it is in anime and the games :)
K. But can't you add knockback in PSA? I get where you're going, but I'm just a curious person.

Omniscient X

Smash Journeyman
??? Dude you don't PSA do you? the look is the effect the effect itself has no hitboxes tied to it whatsoever you make EVERY hitbox in PSA you don't add them that's where you have to I'm looking for that kinda of blast-like stream rather than steady flames that only go like 2 feet you know what I'm talking about??

JOE!

Smash Hero
NO FRENZY PLANT FOR CHIK'S FINAL SMASH, IT IS GIGA DRAIN

also, as for the fool who said giga Drain is an OP final smash:

n64billy

Smash Ace
OH EMM GEE. :094::094::094::094::094:

Have you thought up a moveset for the best pokemon in the game yet?
Firstly, I would've done Haunter instead, but he's too hard to make a consistent character out of...

Secondly, no, I haven't got a complete move set....

I can't do lick because Gengars tongue doesn't have a bone to control it, only his jaw, but I'll double check incase I moved it's translations weirdly...

I have some ideas on what I want to be done, but I'll gladely take some more ideas from you all...!

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Firstly, I would've done Haunter instead, but he's too hard to make a consistent character out of...

Secondly, no, I haven't got a complete move set....

I can't do lick because Gengars tongue doesn't have a bone to control it, only his jaw, but I'll double check incase I moved it's translations weirdly...

I have some ideas on what I want to be done, but I'll gladely take some more ideas from you all...!
have SHADOW PUNCH! 8D

JOE!

Smash Hero
ok, gengar is all about his speed and special attack, as well as being a levitating ghost/poison type..

yet you want him to use lick and shadow punch....

Why is there no hypnosis combined with Dream eater action here?

or nightmare?

Gengar would be AWESOME as a character focused on sleeping a foe, then being able to do stuff to them as they sleep

n64billy

Smash Ace
ok, gengar is all about his speed and special attack, as well as being a levitating ghost/poison type..

yet you want him to use lick and shadow punch....

Why is there no hypnosis combined with Dream eater action here?

or nightmare?

Gengar would be AWESOME as a character focused on sleeping a foe, then being able to do stuff to them as they sleep
I orignally wanted lick on Haunter, because I just remember them from the cartoon, and thought it'd be funny :)

Also, that's not a bad idea at all, to make something like dream eater (Low quick damage, no knockback)....

Keep the ideas rolling!

(Not only do I 'need' ideas for specials, but I need A attacks and also general movment...

E123-omega

Smash Journeyman
I thought only the fully evolved starters could get frensy plant
In pokemon XD, you could a johto starter that knew one of the elemental beams, so yes Chik can learn Frenzy plant.

So anyway please vote for which FS you want for Chik

Giga drain Chik sweeps her leaf in a metaknight-like style (If this sweep misses, the FS fails) then, the foes that got hit will take 30-40 damage and Chik will restore health.

Frenzy plant A giant, thorny vine shoots up from the stage, smacking enemys with high killing power. Chikorita cannot move for a few seconds once the plant appears.

Overgrow Chikorita's ability, all attacks are stronger, faster and has bigger range. Most attacks will have a razor leaf following it.

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
I vote Giga Drain.

Meanwhile, here are some ideas for Gengar. (Uninspired to say the least but meh)
-Gengar is a powerful Pokémon who is also very frail. Aware of this, he must play very shifty, does his business by toying with the opponent’s condition and striking directly only when the time is right. Thanks to his ability, Levitate, his feet never actually touch the ground. For this reason, he may jump multiple times and has no need for a B^ to recover.
-B: Shadow Ball: Yeah we’ve all seen this b4 let’s move on.
-B>: Poison Jab: Gengar needs some recognition of his Poisonous typing right? Gengar lunges forward while his fist has a purple glow. The move works similarly to Ike’s B>. It sacrifices a lot of power, however, in exchange for the lack of charge. An opponent hit with the attack will become Poisoned. (A non-visible flower will be placed on their head.)
-Bv: Hypnosis/Dream Eater: Gengar’s eyes glow red as he emits a wave around him putting all hit by it to sleep. Any opponent caught sleeping near Gengar will automatically have their health sapped slowly, as you heal the same amount they lose. (I believe Leaf Barrett may know how to do this, Gardevoir has similar abilities.)
-B^: Confuse Ray: Confuse Ray works as a pseudo Counter. Gengar is briefly bathed in a light from above him. While under this light, Gengar is intangible. However, those foolish enough to attempt attacking Gengar at this time will become bathed in the light and become Confused (shield break of Deku Seed effect), giving Gengar the perfect opportunity to counter attack with Poison Jab, a fully charged Shadow Ball, or even unleash a Final Smash.
-Final Smash: Destiny Bond: Gengar’s entire body begins to glow. All of Gengar’s other attacks are disabled, but he is completely invinsible. Gengar must pursue his foes, setting them into a trap. The first opponent to make contact with Gengar (not an attack, but any contact at all) will be hit with at attack equivalent in strength to Marth’s Final Smash! This glow does not last forever though, so Gengar must play mind games with the enemy to lure them in. Confusing them or putting them to Sleep is a perfect plan.

D

Deleted member

Ideas:

Gengar should be fast like Fox, light like G+W/Jiggly/Squirtle, floaty like peach, and fastfall like link. It attests to his stats in pokemon.

Up B
Teleport. Invincibility frames during his disappearance. No landing lag. 360 Degrees. Goes through stage maybe? (could be pretty broken though...)

Neutral B
Shadow Ball as neutral B akin to Mewtwo and Lucario's. Make it waver up and down on its flight path too. A kill move when fully charged with recoil as well.

Side B
Shadow Sneak.

Option 1 is charged like Ike's QD where you can also JC out of it for combos and shield cancel it for grabs. Does not go into free fall too. Can only be used once in the air.

Option 2 is like Fox/Falco's illusion where it is a set distance, but has a nicer damage count and useful hitbox for combos. It would be used like Falcon Kick to mix-up approaches or relieve pressure, but have combo potential upon its use.

Shadow Claw with animation for Fair would be nice.
Dash attack like Wario's face plant would be nice. It is a match for Gengar's comic personality too.

JOE!

Smash Hero
Dude, her FS is giga drain...if you are going with MY moveset for her, it's giga drain as it fits her "messing you up" theme

as for gengar:

B: Shadow Ball

Down B: Shadow Sneak

Gengar actually shrinks into a shadow, and is able to move around freely for 5 seconds along the ground. Pressing A/etc makes him pop out for an attack...AND/OR pressing (grab) makes him pull down a foe into the shadows for an attack of sorts

Side B: Hypnosis

Up B: teleport...only all shadowy/ghosty/smoky

n64billy

Smash Ace
D: Why over Lucario?
Lucario already has Aura Ball or whatever it is, so Shadow ball is basically done for me... He has a form of Teleporting already as well...
Also, I'm not very keen on 'Gaycario' being in Brawl... :p (Sorry, just personal opinion)

Ideas:
Gengar should be fast like Fox, light like G+W/Jiggly/Squirtle, floaty like peach, and fastfall like link. It attests to his stats in pokemon.
Up B
Teleport. Invincibility frames during his disappearance. No landing lag. 360 Degrees. Goes through stage maybe? (could be pretty broken though...)
Neutral B
Shadow Ball as neutral B akin to Mewtwo and Lucario's. Make it waver up and down on its flight path too. A kill move when fully charged with recoil as well.
Side B
Shadow Sneak.
Option 1 is charged like Ike's QD where you can also JC out of it for combos and shield cancel it for grabs. Does not go into free fall too. Can only be used once in the air.
Option 2 is like Fox/Falco's illusion where it is a set distance, but has a nicer damage count and useful hitbox for combos. It would be used like Falcon Kick to mix-up approaches or relieve pressure, but have combo potential upon its use.
Shadow Claw with animation for Fair would be nice.
Dash attack like Wario's face plant would be nice. It is a match for Gengar's comic personality too.
as for gengar:
B: Shadow Ball
Down B: Shadow Sneak
Gengar actually shrinks into a shadow, and is able to move around freely for 5 seconds along the ground. Pressing A/etc makes him pop out for an attack...AND/OR pressing (grab) makes him pull down a foe into the shadows for an attack of sorts
Side B: Hypnosis
Up B: teleport...only all shadowy/ghosty/smoky
Shadow Sneak seems to hard to make (Unless copying Metaknights VB) but I don't like it....
(I don't know why I keep asking for ideas, then shutting them down going "NOPE! Don't like it!")

EDIT: Whoops, didn't see this post...
Meanwhile, here are some ideas for Gengar. (Uninspired to say the least but meh)
-Gengar is a powerful Pokémon who is also very frail. Aware of this, he must play very shifty, does his business by toying with the opponent’s condition and striking directly only when the time is right. Thanks to his ability, Levitate, his feet never actually touch the ground. For this reason, he may jump multiple times and has no need for a B^ to recover.
-B: Shadow Ball: Yeah we’ve all seen this b4 let’s move on.
-B>: Poison Jab: Gengar needs some recognition of his Poisonous typing right? Gengar lunges forward while his fist has a purple glow. The move works similarly to Ike’s B>. It sacrifices a lot of power, however, in exchange for the lack of charge. An opponent hit with the attack will become Poisoned. (A non-visible flower will be placed on their head.)
-Bv: Hypnosis/Dream Eater: Gengar’s eyes glow red as he emits a wave around him putting all hit by it to sleep. Any opponent caught sleeping near Gengar will automatically have their health sapped slowly, as you heal the same amount they lose. (I believe Leaf Barrett may know how to do this, Gardevoir has similar abilities.)
-B^: Confuse Ray: Confuse Ray works as a pseudo Counter. Gengar is briefly bathed in a light from above him. While under this light, Gengar is intangible. However, those foolish enough to attempt attacking Gengar at this time will become bathed in the light and become Confused (shield break of Deku Seed effect), giving Gengar the perfect opportunity to counter attack with Poison Jab, a fully charged Shadow Ball, or even unleash a Final Smash.
-Final Smash: Destiny Bond: Gengar’s entire body begins to glow. All of Gengar’s other attacks are disabled, but he is completely invinsible. Gengar must pursue his foes, setting them into a trap. The first opponent to make contact with Gengar (not an attack, but any contact at all) will be hit with at attack equivalent in strength to Marth’s Final Smash! This glow does not last forever though, so Gengar must play mind games with the enemy to lure them in. Confusing them or putting them to Sleep is a perfect plan.
I LOVE the destiny bond idea! Confuse ray... ehhhhh...... Hypnosis I'd like to have work differently if I do make it, but I will look into that healing thing for what my idea is like.... Poison Jab is a good idea too, but poisoning the opponent could be a little too cheap and unfair.... spam poison jab, run away, hypnosis once they reach you, then jab and run away....

I want Gengars personality to be half Serious/Deadly, and half Funny/Cheeky...

JOE!

Smash Hero

you had to google what fickle meant, and youre in charge of creating an entire character?

anyways, why not post your moveset for Gengar that you had in mind?

n64billy

Smash Ace
.......you had to google what fickle meant, and youre in charge of creating an entire character?
Yea.... school didn't teach me anything... in English class, we learnt about how to talk about what side of a problem you're on, instead of learning actual words and speech....

anyways, why not post your moveset for Gengar that you had in mind?
That's just the thing, I don't know how to explain it :embarrass:dizzy:
I'm a visual person, I just play things out in my head as if it were already done....

BUT HERE GOES NOTHING!

Shadow Ball is a must.
Dodging makes Gengar turn Semi-Transparent (I have an idea on how I could try to do this, but I'm not entirely sure... other ideas about this welcome!)
Since I can't seem to move Gengars tongue, lick is out of the option...
A attacks are quick and swift, consisting mostly of different types of slaps and punches.

I don't know how to explain the rest... (Lol! I feel so hypocritical... :laugh::embarrass)

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
The poisoning of Poison Jab was intended to be balanced out by the fact it does next to no damage lol(Gengars physical attack = abysmal)

TBH i hate the confuse ray idea too i just couldnt think of anything else. Ominous Wind would be rly cool but he only learns it through tutor, and I don't want to be accused of POKEMON SYNDROME!!!!!!!!!!!!! That seems like more of a Mismagis, Difblim kind of thing anyways.

To bad Lick is so hard. A B^ involving using his tongue for grapple recovery = epic win
Anyways this may help: http://www.psypokes.com/dex/psydex/094/learnsets

Christian_CAO

Smash Apprentice
Would it be plausible or even possible to make his grab a mid ranged Hypnosis? Then have his Jab be Dream eater and animate him Omnomnoming around his opponent; potentially recovering and causing small amounts of damage with every tasty chomp? There might be a way, but problem is... who'd want to go through the trouble:(
Oh, and also if you could initiate some way to emphasize that he's a shadow pokemon and have maybe his dash have him sink into the floor and pop back out... Or something like that. Flatten him down... ugh XD

n64billy

Smash Ace
Would it be plausible or even possible to make his grab a mid ranged Hypnosis? Then have his Jab be Dream eater and animate him Omnomnoming around his opponent; potentially recovering and causing small amounts of damage with every tasty chomp? There might be a way, but problem is... who'd want to go through the trouble:(
Oh, and also if you could initiate some way to emphasize that he's a shadow pokemon and have maybe his dash have him sink into the floor and pop back out... Or something like that. Flatten him down... ugh XD
It's possible, but I don't think something as fast as grabbing would look good for making them fall asleep, then om on their dreams...

Also, I'd like him to go SEMI-transparent when dodging, but I can't just flatten him into the ground (On thin platforms, you'd see the rest of him...) Also that looks weird... his body should always stay the same shape

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
have some ideas to gengars moves

B: shadow ball (of course)
B>: shadow punch. The attack has pretty fast but not strong but it has huge shield damage
BV: Sucker punch. A counter move, If he gets hit by a move. he will do a triple combo, he will punch the opponent from left, then from the right and later a powerful punch forward
(alternative) BV: dark pulse. he will charge a bit and later on KABOOM! he will release a powerful dark aura. powerful and twice so big as donkey kong's down B
B^: Shadow claw. a attack like fox/falco/wolf's B^ and bowser's B> (melee)
if used on ground. he will slash with shadow claws on opponent (like Bowser's B> in melee). since the attack has high critical chance, it can hold a sweet spot that has greater damage and greater power.
in air. He will make spin on one leg in the air at any directions while he scratch with his claws.

FINAL SMASH: mean look, the camera will zoom in to gengar and we will see gengar making funny and scary poses (like in the anime) but the other's cant see them self in a long time.

(alternative) curse. He will add 50-100 damage on himself but the opponent will get 50-100 damage but they will get the flower on the head and increasing damage

(alternative 2) Haze. the screen getting completely dark like togepi's night shade.

(alternative 3) Night shade. he will "freeze" the opponent before him (grab or paralysis) and then he will grow 2-3 size and scare the opponent and they fly off the stage.

:3

n64billy

Smash Ace
have some ideas to gengars moves
B: shadow ball (of course)
B>: shadow punch. The attack has pretty fast but not strong but it has huge shield damage
BV: Sucker punch. A counter move, If he gets hit by a move. he will do a triple combo, he will punch the opponent from left, then from the right and later a powerful punch forward
(alternative) BV: dark pulse. he will charge a bit and later on KABOOM! he will release a powerful dark aura. powerful and twice so big as donkey kong's down B
B^: Shadow claw. a attack like fox/falco/wolf's B^ and bowser's B> (melee)
if used on ground. he will slash with shadow claws on opponent (like Bowser's B> in melee). since the attack has high critical chance, it can hold a sweet spot that has greater damage and greater power.
in air. He will make spin on one leg in the air at any directions while he scratch with his claws.
FINAL SMASH: mean look, the camera will zoom in to gengar and we will see gengar making funny and scary poses (like in the anime) but the other's cant see them self in a long time.
(alternative) curse. He will add 50-100 damage on himself but the opponent will get 50-100 damage but they will get the flower on the head and increasing damage
(alternative 2) Haze. the screen getting completely dark like togepi's night shade.
(alternative 3) Night shade. he will "freeze" the opponent before him (grab or paralysis) and then he will grow 2-3 size and scare the opponent and they fly off the stage.
:3
I like the ideas Pikazz! =D
Shadow Claw I might not use.... but the Dark Pulse idea I reckon could be used as a mix between what you said, and Fox's reflector (Fast and acts as a sort of sheild)

Awesome FinalSmash ideas too..!

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
okay, I need someone that can help me on PSA, making it correct and other things D:

any one that wanna help me? pm me
Shadow Claw I might not use.... but the Dark Pulse idea I reckon could be used as a mix between what you said, and Fox's reflector (Fast and acts as a sort of sheild)

thanks 83

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
-.- Something that's really eating at me right now is that I can't change Gardevoir's expressions since I don't have any more polygons to work with. This wouldn't be such a big deal to me if THE NEEDED TEXTURES WEREN'T ALREADY RIGHT THERE! The facial expression textures are still in her texture data since she was apparently ripped straight from Pokemon Battle Revolution to be put into Brawl. Dammit ;-;

JOE!

Smash Hero

hold the **** up

what pika suggested just now was that his SPECIAL ATTACKS are ripped from lucario, jiggs and (space animal) respectivley, along with a Down B that is either alulzy clone of a counter move, or a shockwave that would take up the entirtey of battlefield....and you cal those GREAT ideas after denouncing things such as him hypnotizing people, sneaking through shadows, vanishing into the etheral realm and such?

i mean, why the hell do you see generic attacks 3, 7 and 12 as EPIC ideas over more creative stufff, that actually fit gengar for SPECIALS?

I mean, are you actually gonna give gengar a playstyle? Or are you gonna pull another wario* out of your *** to put into brawl?

Gengar's specials should be based around manipulating the opponent, via hypnosis + dream eater, confuse ray, shadow sneak, teleport, etc, etc.... NOT random punch/claw/counter moves...

*what I mean by wario is that if you ever played his games, you see him as a diabolical fat man with immense strength and speed to match. Now tell me, did you expect that character to be played as a quick AERIAL character in brawl who's main claim to fame is air-camping?

n64billy

Smash Ace
hold the **** up

what pika suggested just now was that his SPECIAL ATTACKS are ripped from lucario, jiggs and (space animal) respectivley, along with a Down B that is either alulzy clone of a counter move, or a shockwave that would take up the entirtey of battlefield....and you cal those GREAT ideas after denouncing things such as him hypnotizing people, sneaking through shadows, vanishing into the etheral realm and such?

i mean, why the hell do you see generic attacks 3, 7 and 12 as EPIC ideas over more creative stufff, that actually fit gengar for SPECIALS?

I mean, are you actually gonna give gengar a playstyle? Or are you gonna pull another wario* out of your *** to put into brawl?

Gengar's specials should be based around manipulating the opponent, via hypnosis + dream eater, confuse ray, shadow sneak, teleport, etc, etc.... NOT random punch/claw/counter moves...

*what I mean by wario is that if you ever played his games, you see him as a diabolical fat man with immense strength and speed to match. Now tell me, did you expect that character to be played as a quick AERIAL character in brawl who's main claim to fame is air-camping?
I see your point....
Well, while I'd like Gengar to have a new unique playstyle, I just don't know how well these cool ideas would fit into Brawl... Gengar as a status affecting player just seems cheap to me... (For the same reason why my cousin spamming Pikachu's Down B is annoying as hell...)

Also... I can't see how I'd have him sink into the ground and move around at all easily... I personally can't imagine in....

This is exactly why I mentioned Gengar here in the first place... to get ideas and help from all of yous, get the complications out of the way, then start work on a fantastic player...!

I'll gladely get more feedback and help if yous are offering it...
(Oh, also, I suppose those moves that pikazz mentioned just seemed easier to imagine... plus I had cool animation ideas for them, but yea... keep the feedback comming)

JOE!

Smash Hero
wait, wait, wait....

did you seriously say you have trouble with pikachu spamming Thunder, and use that as a measure of cheapness?!?!?!?!

dude, AIR DODGE, SHIELD or just SPACING IN GENERAL

*sigh*

also, if he is focused on manipulation/status induciment, why would he be cheap, as he'd have little power

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Dear Joe:
1. Please don't resort to foul language. I know you censored but it's still just uncalled for.
2. Calm Down. Your ideas are VERY valid but so are Pika's and Pepper's and everyone's. Gengar is a character that everyone loves and is familiar with, but is also one of the most diverse around; capable of pulling of MANY playstyles well. Therefore everyone has their own interpretation of him and their own idea of what would work 'well.' Even back in generation 1 I wouldn't call the Hypnosis/Dream Eater thing Gengar's signiture; the fact that both moves are Phychic and Hypno's name itself say hi. That said the final decision is up to the maker of the character, and those of us who FAIL at hacking ourselves should be happy we're asked for input :3
3. Gengar can't learn Shadow Sneak at all and hasn't been able to Teleport since Gen. 1.

JOE!

Smash Hero
yes, but they're things ghosts can do, and frankly something that the "Shadow Pokemon" should do...

as for the hypnosis combo, it works very well for a status effect style..thing

oh, and rock smash on zard says hi

Top Bottom