• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The poll.

What's in a name?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEHR

Smash Hero
not if you spell it wrong intentionally.

and this is a dumb argument, so you spell everything perfectly, you dont you any slang words or leet speak. you dont ever use abbreviations like "u" instead of you, "r" instead of are, "cuz" instead of beacause, "bcuz", instead of because. u dont use words like "pwn". or just dumb words that we made up that arent real. NEVER. NEVER? maybe if you dont use my examples, im sure everybody writes with some kind of slang or abbreviations of words.

ANDeven if you dont, write like this EVER, you still wouldnt say anything bad about someone who just uses words like bcuz, or diff stuff, like whatev, instead of whatever, or yayuhz, or cuhrazee. we're just messing around with the language, it doesnt mean we're ******* who can't spell.

-hiro

Wow Bro. o 3o;

Just chill I see what you mean by it being "dirtier" but The Dirty South its self just feels fine.

and I like The Gentleman's Club I think its defiantly better than the souf or south.

BEHR

Smash Hero
Dont worry about it hiroshi we will win this no matter what

it doesnt matter if they split our votes we still gonna have more plus everyone will know dirty south would have won by a landslide if there was 1 option

The Bro Lounge
sounds like a gay bar
The town is safe (wtf)
makes no sense and only a few ppl know wtf it means
The War Room
i dont get it
Catfish Combo!
although i like catfish only the NC peeps dig the name
Name Canceled
i dont get this either or why its even being considered
Gentlemen's Club
how in the hell did this originate? DO we really want to sound like a strip club?
This is da souf man! even if u dont want to sound like ******* that cant spell dirty south is infinitely better than all those other options. It has a southern feel to it much like beast coast tea room is appropriate to the north.
The south is full of Stripclubs tho. D:

The Resolve of this problem is the Room should be Called Southside Gents.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th

Wow Bro. o 3o;

Just chill I see what you mean by it being "dirtier" but The Dirty South its self just feels fine.

and I like The Gentleman's Club I think its defiantly better than the souf or south.
I didnt mean to personally attack you, nor am i mad at you. So i would like to take this time to apologize if i came out attacking you, or came out harsh. i was just making a point on my behalf. no ill will towards you at all. :) :)

-hiro

BEHR

Smash Hero
I didnt mean to personally attack you, nor am i mad at you. So i would like to take this time to apologize if i came out attacking you, or came out harsh. i was just making a point on my behalf. no ill will towards you at all. :) :)

-hiro
Bro its all good. :3

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
okay honest question. what does gent's, gentleman, or gentlemans club have to do with us, and how does it reflect us as a region?

also, i havent gotten a response from frames yet, but hedidnt he change his answer from dirty souf to gents club. So do our people get to change from dirty south to dirty souf?

-hiro

Zoro

Smash Champion
Beast coast tea room
North Coast:The Igloo
Da Dirty Souf
names that reflect the region

The hyperbolic time chamber
the gentle mens club
the town is safe
the bro lounge
names that make no sense except to a select few individuals and DO NOT reflect the region whatsoever

BEHR

Smash Hero
I mean I guess Frames was going for like a Parody. Like how the West coast is Hyperbolic Time Chamber from DBZ. Im not sure if the West Cost has a thing for DBZ so I would not know. The south is full of chill people who are G's and so I guess Frames was thinking of the south as being Gentlemen cause we are that chill and layback half the time. I mean I like the Dirty South cause it has a more connection to us as a community, but that just seems cliche I guess really dont know what to use. Gentlemen Club to me at least seems unique and most people wont expect that of the south.

Thats just me of course. >w<;

Zoro: Southern Gents?

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lol notice how the both of you(Zoro ,Hiroshi) complain about this and Gent's club is catching up. And no don't look at me. i'm too busy playing sf4 to even bother. lol I just think it's funny.....very funny actually.

cmon guys step ur game up LOL

Zoro

Smash Champion
I mean I guess Frames was going for like a Parody. Like how the West coast is Hyperbolic Time Chamber from DBZ. Im not sure if the West Cost has a thing for DBZ so I would not know. The south is full of chill people who are G's and so I guess Frames was thinking of the south as being Gentlemen cause we are that chill and layback half the time. I mean I like the Dirty South cause it has a more connection to us as a community, but that just seems cliche I guess really dont know what to use. Gentlemen Club to me at least seems unique and most people wont expect that of the south.

Thats just me of course. >w<;

Zoro: Southern Gents?

The south is expected to be the south because it is the south and should stay the south

can u make that into a name for a room/place instead of a group of people?

Mike G:Notice that we are still winning with a split vote
28 >25
40 votes>> 25
more than 1/3 of the people that have voted want the name to be dirtysouth/souf

not tryin to be an ***
im complaining cuz i dont like it simple as that

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
as of now they are two separate choices. till the run off or w/e happens later.

Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against Dirty souf and if the people want it then it will be done. But remember this,

You are not the only one that speaks for the Atlantic South. Only Atlantic south as a whole has that power, you included. :)

so Don't worry about it. If they want their votes changed I don't see why we can't change it

Frames

DI
lmao u guys are dumb as **** first of all dirty soup is winning so i dont understand why you guys are whining

i just made this poll from mike gs options i should've just let him make the poll rofl

nobody is changing votes not even me all votes are final ya dumb ****s

if this gets too much we'll just close it and leave it "social room"

honestly just stfu and wait until the poll is over this is how democracy works if you dont like something get a bunch of people to vote if dirty souf wins then that's the name, thats it wait until the poll closes before u *****

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
well you heard the man! lol

and with that said. Gent's club just works. stop being lame.

done.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well I don't think we'll do either, its just for the name. I'm not going to wear raggy clothes or suits, just regular clothing. ;3

But if some of you do, I give you props. :]

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
We ain't no gentlemen's club for starters... more like a sausage fest. xD .... club of gentlemen... but still.. its dumb.

It reminds me of people dressing up to look like they have money to get money and its a bad vibe... :[ [I'm referring to working in Primerica for a week, and it sucked]

Lee Martin

Smash Ace
wow, Dirty South/Souf is so overdone. for voting for those, you guys are the most lame, wack-*** ****ers in the entire nation.
I COMPLETELY agree. i voted for CATFISH COMBO. How awesome is that. Seriously. wtf you gonna do. Catfish Combo. Please dont name it da dirty souf.:urg:

Foxy

Smash Master
Gent's Club is just cool, and the South is ALL about Captain Falcon (which it is obviously a nod to).

Bro Lounge has a lot more to do with region-specific jokes than any "durty durty souf" kind of thing does.

Seriously.

We are bros, not duuuurty soufs.

Foxy

Smash Master
Oh, how about THIS:

Atlantic South, come represent yourselves at HERB

we shall have an epic crew battle, crews formed based on which name they like

WINNERS GET THEIR NAME

awwwwww yeah this could be the most epic smash competition in years

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Why did SasukeBowser vote if he lives in California.

Why is his name SasukeBowser. I think Sliq and ihavespaceballs have something to say about that.

And Tom and Dazwa too. SSJ4PollyPocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom