• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The poll.

What's in a name?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Handorin

Smash Hero
We def need a final vote with the top 2 in there. dirty souf winning is ********. I would like to change my vote since my favorite isnt winning.

Handorin

Smash Hero
*in before another lock*

EDIT: Mafia winning I win. Right, Tom? (inside joke I guess >___>)

Laijin

Smash Hero
LOL after you cheated like that Lai? get the **** outta here!
Alright. Even without my ONE extra vote, the dirty south and Da Dirty Souf are the same word. If you combined both of them, they should win.
Im pretty sure the people who voted for the dirty south would vote for Da Dirty Souf if given one choice instead of two options for different spellings.

Im pretty sure the same thing would've happened if you put as poll options "The Gentlemen's Club", then right underneath it put "Da Gent's Club" or something like that.

I see through your plans Mod Mike. This was all a plot devised by you to stop Da Dirty Souf from winning.

so you can change your vote to gentleman's club, which is a completely different answer, but we cant change our votes from "the dirty south" to "da dirty souf" which is the same answer just a different spelling?

no, most of us havent. half the people who voted for it are just picking it so they don't get "da durty souf"

i agree, and respect his vote change.

respect his vote change too.

respect his vote change too.

before an argument occurs as far as "oh if they can change their vote, then anybody can", we are STILL PICKING THE SAME NAME!!! we were just unsure of how we wanted to spell it. Splitting it was tricky, and now all of us who all agreed on some sort of durty south, are now FORCED to split their votes cuz of this poll, even though we all want the same thing.

listen, again, you gotta see where we're coming from though, we're not even technically changing our votes, we want the same, name, but your gonna split our votes up cuz we havent decided on a spelling yet? that seems very unfair IMHO.

WOULD YOU MAKE AN OPTION FOR GENTLEMANS CLUB AND GENTS CLUB? or would you just decide on how you wanted to spell it as it came down to actually chaning the name?

they can't read? im not sure what you mean by this. at 1st, i thought you were saying something about their being rules on votes are final, but i dont see anything stating that. And then i figured you meant, that since they were saying they wanna change, and that action ******* clicked the wrong one, that they should have read the options more carefully, but again, our votes were unfairly split in half.

WE NEVER ASKED FOR TWO OPTIONS THERE, AND IF ANYTHING, YOU SHOULD HAVE ATLEAST ASKED, WHAT WE WANTED AS OUR FINAL OPTION FOR THE POLL. and mike g, you put both down as two diff options, and your not even one of the supporters of the dirty south, so you should def have asked us 1st want we want for the poll. Cuz IF WE KNEW OUR VOTES WOULD BE CUT IN HALF, EVEN THOUGH WE ALL WANT THE SAME THING, we would have just picked one.

i dont watch it for a reason.

the show is a really dumb show. i watched 2 episodes. sooooo bad.

again, like i said earlier, we didn't ask for two options of THE SAME NAME, just so we could have our votes unjustly cut in half. That should have been debated with the "dirty south" supporters.

i don't know how thats funny, we have very serious arguments as to why they should be combined. i pretty much addressed them earlier in this post. but i'll repeat it again.

WE ALL AGREE ON THE DIRTY SOUTH, WE JUST WERENT SURE OF THE SPELLING. but now that we are all leaning toward the "DA DIRTY SOUF" we agree that that is the way we want to spell it. so why do the people who picked the dirty south, but still want the forum to be called "durty souf" get punished by not having theri votes counted? 3 of them in a row stated they wanted to change to da dirty souf, after realizing that splitting up out votes would hurt us evcen though they agreed on our overall name.

I PERSONALLY, WAS GOING TO PICK THE DIRTY SOUTH, BUT IF I REALIZED THAT THE MAJORITY WAS GOING WITH DA DIRTY SOUF, I WOULD HAVE INSTANTLY AND GLADLY PICK THAT, WHICH IS THE SAME NAME I WANT, JUST A DIFF SPELLING. and the mportant thing is, the people who picked the dirty south, would want the durty souf over gents club. Luckily, i decided that da durty souf sounded more extreme. so i picked it and my vote wasnt wasted. but if i did pick dirty south, and then realized i needed to pick durty souf to win, i would have been pissed that i couldnt change, even though i would want either version of "the dirty south" to win. Splitting it up like that is confusing and unfairly splitting our votes.

dirty soup is ********.

we liked both, BECAUSE THEY ARE BOTH THE SAME THING. we we just debating on spelling. you should have asked us which one we want for the poll, cuz we obviously wouldnt want our votes split in half becuz of this. and you just went on a whim and put both down when you werent even a supporter of the dirty south. Should have asked the supporters first to see what we wanted.

TO RECAP, OUR VOTES ARE UNFAIRLY BEING SPLIT IN HALF, BETWEEN THE SAME NAME!!!!1
are you kidding me, thats not fair, and then gonna say its laughable when we want to combine the votes? come on now. its obvious that we would be DOMINATING if we had one option, cuz combined we have like 36 votes. to gents club like 23.

plz, do something to rectify the situation. They should honestly be combined, im still trying to figure out how we're getting our votes split because of spelling.

IF YOU AGREE WITH THIS GIMME A +1 "DURTY SOUF'ERS!!!!

-hiro

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
nahhhh mangz!! I already said I didnt care which one won. All I did was tell peeps to vote :)

and by peeps I mean People From atlantic south lol

Oh, that other name was BestinGA right? *In DAwes's voice* "AIGHT SON!!!!"

hee roe shee

Smash Rookie
wow, that is so gay. "the gentlemans club?" really? REALLY?

and everything i posted counted for nothing? are we really gonna not going to do something about this vote split.

what happened to the runoff for gents club and the winner of the dirty south one?

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
wow, that is so gay. "the gentlemans club?" really? REALLY?

and everything i posted counted for nothing? are we really gonna not going to do something about this vote split.

what happened to the runoff for gents club and the winner of the dirty south one?
LOL did u really get banned for spamming this argument in other topics? you're a beast Hiro haha

Try not to do anything like that again dude. *loads sniper rifle*

hee roe shee

Smash Rookie
yes, i was so passionate about this room being called da dirty souf.

i knew 100% i was going to get infractions for doing it and that maybe i would get banned, i saw that it was worth it if i got da dirty souf too win. I was willing to get banned for the first time ever in my 5000 posts for this. and i can't believe all that is wasted on a name that was just thrown out there on a whim, that doesnt mean anything to the ATL south. i am sooo disappointed and p1ssed. and on top of that i am still highly upset with the fact that we got our votes split in half like that. Not cool.

it was the 1st time we actually got to make a real difference on the boards and get something so cool out of it. and it was completely wasted on "the gentlemans club". what the hell is that? such a waste. such a disappointment.

i would like to see the runoff between the two go down as was being said earlier. cuz the people who voted for those two are in the same boat.

-hiro

Laijin

Smash Hero
yes, i was so passionate about this room being called da dirty souf.

i knew 100% i was going to get infractions for doing it and that maybe i would get banned, i saw that it was worth it if i got da dirty souf too win. I was willing to get banned for the first time ever in my 5000 posts for this. and i can't believe all that is wasted on a name that was just thrown out there on a whim, that doesnt mean anything to the ATL south. i am sooo disappointed and p1ssed. and on top of that i am still highly upset with the fact that we got our votes split in half like that. Not cool.

it was the 1st time we actually got to make a real difference on the boards and get something so cool out of it. and it was completely wasted on "the gentlemans club". what the hell is that? such a waste. such a disappointment.

i would like to see the runoff between the two go down as was being said earlier. cuz the people who voted for those two are in the same boat.

-hiro
And in that boat, T Pain was also there.

Zoro

Smash Champion
action ******* marin and vericz didnt know what to vote since at the beginning dirty south was wining so of course they put more in there

it doesnt matter which one it is as long as one wins so thats why our votes are split

we can read we just put more into the one we think will win

at first i though south was going to have more

I hate that our options were split and the gentlemens clubbers are actually taking this as a legitimate win

it sucks that the majority of mods are going for the gentlemens club too so they see no problem with this obvious injustice. This was rigged. Theres no way anyone would unanimously vote on one of them someone had to pick the other one and those votes were wasted and i guarantee all those people would switch if they could because they want to be on the one that can WIN. until tuesday the souths were tied like 12 to 12 and only then did people start leaning towards one side. Its not that the souths dont like the name souf its that they dont care as long as one of them wins.

this is no democracy if you honestly think gentlemens club has more people in atlantic south
we have 10 more people in the ATL south that want some version of dirty south it is wrong to say those people are less important or dont count. If we did another poll with just the dirty souf and gents i would not say anything if we lost. I cant accept that you honestly dont honor those votes thats just corrupt.

we had to get all those votes back so nastee we almost won JUST with our dirty souf votes that just shows how bad the dirty south as one option would have won.

AL AND KYON WHY DIDNT YOU VOTE !!!!??

Its too convenient that because you dont honor it your preference wins mods
souf was down by 10 votes before we had to come together and we made a nastee comeback so that there would be no way you guys could john. its a shame even with a tie it would have been obvious win for the dirty.

LadyLegion

Smash Ace
Eh

This is ********. We're "the Gentlemen's club."
I loooooooveeee how we're just a social GAY club now, but whatever.

It's still Da Dirty Souf in my mind and for the people who picked the dirty south and da dirty souf.

We are dirty! We fight dirty and we're friggin tech as hell! We're no gentle "men" we're crazy B!tch3s that don't take crap from no one!

but whatever.

Its fine

Have fun guys.

Frames

DI
fine *****es you'll get ur **** revote just stfu

wat u need to understand is that the spelling DOES matter next time u wont be *******es about it

when u lose again do us all a favor and shut the fuck up plz

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
I have a good feelign that the people that voted for the gentleman club had alt accounts...like, how can you tell if they where legit votes?

Meh, I really don't care...

as for the gentlemen club..

there better be some serius Females posting on that place cuz ain't going there >:/.

Soooooooo Gayyyyyyyy.

-peace-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom