• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Preservation | Toronto, Ontario | December 4th 2010 | LIVESTREAM IS UP!

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
I'm raging at myself for this right now, but I might not be able to make it tomorrow.

I'm gonna try to figure something out, but don't wait for me if I'm late.

Sorry Christian and Tin.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Hey, I have an idea: Let's try and save every single replay of every match.

People without hacked Wiis, back up all custom stages on your Wiis. I'll bring an SD card with infinite replays and tags in replays set up with Stack Smash. We can use 1 SD card to set up all the unhacked Wiis with infinite replays, get every single match recorded. Then after the tournament, I'll go around, collect up all the matches, and then we get whoever has capture cards to record them all, throw them up on a Youtube channel specifically for GTA tourneys. That way, everyone who shows up will have matches available on Youtube, and can go to their respective character forums for advice and critiques.

To make this easier, everyone should use an identifiable tag, and the same one across all matches. It'll make it easier to identify the matches by comparing to the bracket.

A lot of this is because I had this really great match that I completely turned around against (I think) Raidos on Norfair, was at last stock and about 100%, he had all 3 left, and then I turned it around completely and won the match. I couldn't save it because it was more than 3 minutes, and that really pissed me off.

Seriously, Tin and Gi, if you're okay with this, I'll also bring a second SD card if people have no way to back up their stages and need to.

*EDIT* Really hoping I'm in Ally's pool.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I'm raging at myself for this right now, but I might not be able to make it tomorrow.

I'm gonna try to figure something out, but don't wait for me if I'm late.

Sorry Christian and Tin.
You have to come :( Ness Dittttos!

Gichan

Smash Champion
Dirt I like the idea but we tried this last time and we got nothing uploaded. It's balls but i don't know if it will work. Go ahead and use it on my wii.

ceX if anything try to make it for singles, should start at 12:30pm? And there will be pools. I don't knwo if you got Tin's # but text him if you can make it. Come on man, you suppose to **** this tourney! But i know **** can get in the way. Do your best.

Niko yiou better not be maining Ness loool, go peach!

Oh SG, we can surely get you killed for it, awesome.

Gichan

Smash Champion
awesome man! We already have a youtube account to. TorontoSmash I think it is. I'll get you the password if you are up for it.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Wut. I don't even play Ness anymore.

(Ok that's a lie, as it has been every one of the dozens of times I've tried to say it before). I don't main Ness anymore anyway.

edit: The YT account is gtasmash. Pretty sure it was MDK's old account.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Great. I just need to get around to getting that converter from the A part of the AV cables to a microphone jack, so I can use VirtualDub and record sound. Unless someone knows how to get VirtualDub to recognize sound from a Dazzle, which would be great and save me the $1-2.

Also, another idea I'm curious about, is could we get people to record the bans for their sets? It's not necessary in the slightest, but I could include that in the descriptions for the videos which stage was banned by each player. It could even just be a sheet of paper kept by the laptop with tio.

Gichan

Smash Champion
what's with the FC? Just show up in person. Good luck tomorrow.

And to all attendees, I recommend watching the later matches because there is always something to learn from it. I know that this is the perfect opportunity to be playing friendlies but trust me you'd have a lot of fun by watching high level play. Respect the players that make it that far since you gotta know the amount of hard work to get there. this also helps with hype!

Mprime

Smash Ace
did you miss my previous post sg?
i quoted all sorts of epic posts made by shoun.
i should have added that they were all completely legit hahaha..

but seriously did you see that shinespike at 0:54?
tell honestly that you could do that. srsly. srsly.
I can tell you rate now googs can do that shine and effortlessly, i witnessed it to many times back in melee days. that melee vid swordgaurd posted are just a couple of average melee players

.decoy

Smash Ace
I can tell you rate now googs can do that shine and effortlessly, i witnessed it to many times back in melee days. that melee vid swordgaurd posted are just a couple of average melee players
this is you missing sarcasm

Mprime

Smash Ace
mprime. You best be bringing some of your own damn cigarettes this time, and you best join me out in the bitter cold to partake in them.
haha, i don't smoke, i just bum a cig 1nce a month cuz i like to have one every blue moon. i'll be bringing something a little specail for after i get eliminated though ; ) and you're more than welcome to join

None Shall Pass

Smash Apprentice
I'm game, is pripri chicken really that good?
Better than McDonalds. I'd personally recommend hitting Piri Piri up.

i'll be bringing something a little specail for after i get eliminated though ; ) and you're more than welcome to join
Ooh. Relevant to my interests.

Are you the one who burned with me and Looft last time? Or am I getting you mixed up?

Iliad

Smash Lord
17 rocks gleam, from one ring, to let me let ya'll *****s know one thing. There's one life, one love, so there can only be one king.

Nas at my back, I got dis tourney down pat.

Patches

Smash Master
I'd ask to be housed, just so I can smash all night. And then I'd leave bright and early in the morning so I can do my plans on Sunday. XD

5ive

Smash Champion
So I have a month old version of PM. I can't update because I trolled them and leaked it to Gamefaqs LOL.

But, Gi, pm me if you want it.

5ive

Smash Champion
**** nvm, don't have it. I have an older one on my SD card though.

But Swizzbeats has it. Don't worry guys :)

You know what's funny, swizzbeats was in the PMBR. He made a fake "3D Animation" portfolio and got in. What a ****ing joke.

None Shall Pass

Smash Apprentice
im stupid nd don't take buses often, but i dont think i can all the way from sauga
It's not that bad. I've done it before.

It costs $5 dollars if you're smart.

Square One > Islington Station, and then take it all the way to Dupont Station.

It's on the Yonge- University line, if I'm not mistaken. Then grab a TTC bus until you reach Dupont.

Walk for 3 minites, and you're there. Maybe a grand total of 2 hours.

Really high right now, so bear with me.

Top Bottom