• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Priestess of Dawn, Micaiah 4 Smash DLC !! Sakurai let us #DownloadTheDawn !!

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
Is that why she was in that fanservice looking suit? Well, not saying your way was official, but I'm guessing it was also promoting her ability to do dark magic?

I seriously wish there was far more... better drawn art of her in that (while keeping it far away from SSB).
*deleted*
Edit: Wait, I already said this in post near the top. er... say something new...

Her scarf is really cool.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Micaiah special moveset:
neutral: Light Rune Micaiah uses a light rune item and make the spot she stand on a trap. If a unit steps or falls on it, they will be unable to move for a breath second.
forward: Purge: Like Zelda's Din's Fire, Purge travels through the air and can be aimed by Micaiah. It can travel all the way acroos final destination. When it hits the opponent, they are hit with a flash of light.
up: Thani: Micaiah takes some type and then shoot Thani in the direction opposite the way the players points. It blasts a large light ball downward, pushing Micaiah upward.
down: Counter

Final Smash
Rexaura: Micaiah creates a large magic attack of light in front of her, instant KOing anyone whogets caught. It ends with a huge explosion of light.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
To be honest I MUCH MUCH prefer Micaiah to Chrom.

I feel Micaiah would bring a whole new flavor from Fire Emblem into Smash. Chrom is just too "been there done that" in that regard... I dunno..

It's about time someone NOT a swordsman from Fire Emblem got in. I mean we've got a quick swordsman, a heavy swordsman.... what's next? A spellcaster would at least bring more variety to the roster... And yeah, the innevitable Zelda argument will be brought up, but I MUCH rather have another Zelda, than another Marth/Ike. At least there's magic variety in FE from my experience with it.

Anyway, I approve of Micaiah. Sakurai doesn't need to be SO up to date with the represented franchises.

Seal of approval!

p.s. not hating on Chrom, but if I gotta stick to a Fire Emblem character... Micaiah or Tharja, either will do. But Micaiah has more importance I wager.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
This video shows why Micaiah has earned her spot in Smash;
Also, Micaiah should totally have "Prepare yourself" as a taunt, since she said it to Ike.

Hank Hill

Smash Apprentice
Micaiah definitely brings more variety to Smash Bros than Chrom, but I feel Chrom is going to be added anyways due to his popularity (i wouldn't mind his inclusion anyhow).

Fire Emblem definitely needs more variety in terms of representation as Swordsmen are not all that's there, and I feel Micaiah could bring what we need. People will complain but once they get the game, hopefully some of them would warm up.

Just my 2 cents.

NathonianElder

Smash Rookie
I have to agree with Hank and say that unless FE gets three roaster slots the odds aren't in Micaiah's favor (Marth is a near guaranty, Chrom is the newest lord and is well liked so he has good odds). Don't get me wrong though, I am totally in support of Micaiah being in the next SSB and think it would be good not just to have an epic character, but one that will add something new to the FE roaster.

Hopefully, Micaiah will make it!

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Here is her favorite Rogue, and them as a paired unit, GBA style:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
This thread is still around? Huh. Well, I do like Micaiah, and did support her for a while. I'd be gleeful if she made it in, a bit unlikely now, but would still be happy.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I know this thread is old, but I would like to bump it and show my support for my most wanted character for smash even before SSBB came out. I'm at the very end of Radiant Dawn, and absolutely love Micaiah's character. Is there anyone else here who is still in support of her??

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I'd like Micaiah to be a Assist Trophy tbh, I think the best idea would be keep Ike, then add Lucina as Marth's costume, tat's the best I see in getting a female FE character to play as.

Of course if they made Ike an Assist Trophy and added Micaiah as a playable character, I'd be all for that.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I'd like Micaiah to be a Assist Trophy tbh, I think the best idea would be keep Ike, then add Lucina as Marth's costume, tat's the best I see in getting a female FE character to play as.

Of course if they made Ike an Assist Trophy and added Micaiah as a playable character, I'd be all for that.
I find Ike to be almost as important to the Radiant Dawn as Micaiah is, so I was really hoping she was going to get into SSBB, but when she came along the roster was already finalized. I think though, that if we think of it like that with Awakening, there is a slight chance that the roster was finalized before Chrom and Lucina came out onto 3DS, so if they were going to put a new FE rep, I would assume Lyn or Micaiah.

TeamFlareZakk

Lyn, Micaiah, both sound really cool to play as, @ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club

Who said the Assist Trophy had to be the girl character, if anything I was rather disgusted that the playabe FE characters were guys while Lyn, the female of the three was merely a Assist Trophy.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Lyn, Micaiah, both sound really cool to play as, @ The Light Music Club The Light Music Club

Who said the Assist Trophy had to be the girl character, if anything I was rather disgusted that the playabe FE characters were guys while Lyn, the female of the three was merely a Assist Trophy.
I just love the cast of female characters in Fire Emblem. Sure Ike and Roy are both two of my fave SSB characters out there, but I still think that Micaiah would be an awesome addition.

Apologies for the double post, however I would like to let everyone know, that I have taken over ownership of this thread. I also have added arguments to the OP, and I would appreciate your feedback on them. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Apologies for the double post, however I would like to let everyone know, that I have taken over ownership of this thread. I also have added arguments to the OP, and I would appreciate your feedback on them. Thanks.
Argument 3: I agree that more females seem to be appearing this time around. But Palutena and Micaiah seems unlikely, they both use light magic. I think the Palutena leak (if real) hurts her chances.
Argument 4: General consensus seems to be 3 reps max for FE in SSB4. While I don't think that has to be the case, most would rather a wide spread of newcomers rather than saturation in one series (that and Sakurai said less newcomers this time, but who knows?). I think people may upset if this were the case. Nevertheless, I can't find any substantial holes in this argument other than what I stated.

The other two arguments are fine. Maybe discuss how smash seems to be a console generation behind when it comes to adding characters (Little Mac and Rosalina were in Wii games and now have playable roles, Olimar and Ike were on the GC and got added to Brawl).

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Argument 3: I agree that more females seem to be appearing this time around. But Palutena and Micaiah seems unlikely, they both use light magic. I think the Palutena leak (if real) hurts her chances.
Argument 4: General consensus seems to be 3 reps max for FE in SSB4. While I don't think that has to be the case, most would rather a wide spread of newcomers rather than saturation in one series (that and Sakurai said less newcomers this time, but who knows?). I think people may upset if this were the case. Nevertheless, I can't find any substantial holes in this argument other than what I stated.

The other two arguments are fine. Maybe discuss how smash seems to be a console generation behind when it comes to adding characters (Little Mac and Rosalina were in Wii games and now have playable roles, Olimar and Ike were on the GC and got added to Brawl).
Thanks, I appreciate that feedback. I like your Wii argument, especially since I think Radiant Dawn was one of the better ranked Wii games published by Nintendo.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Micaiah would easily be the best potential girl addition in smash 4. It's a shame she probably doesn't have much of a chance with Awakening out

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Micaiah would easily be the best potential girl addition in smash 4. It's a shame she probably doesn't have much of a chance with Awakening out
I'd say she still has at least a 50% chance. What might occur is what happened with the Earthbound rep in melee. I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be Lucas to cut Ness, but instead we got the older character. The same thing might happen again where we get an older character from the series. Also it looks like they are more focused right now on Wii characters. For example, AC had City Folk as his newest when he was announced, WFT well is WFT, Rosalina first debuted on the Wii, Little Mac was revived on the Wii, and Megaman had a bunch of Wii VC games. Micaiah is from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, one of the best rated Wii games out there. IGN had it in it's top 25, and that list I'm pretty sure had a bunch of characters almost ineligible (3rd Party) for smash. Not to mention we don't know if Awakening was even out yet when the roster was finalized, and may not have wanted risking putting in a character who may end up being unpopular by fans.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I personally think Micaiah has a good chance at being playable. Because Sakurai wants more women in the game and also because she'd bring some diversity to the Fire Emblem cast by not having yet another sword user.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I'd say she still has at least a 50% chance. What might occur is what happened with the Earthbound rep in melee. I'm pretty sure it was supposed to be Lucas to cut Ness, but instead we got the older character. The same thing might happen again where we get an older character from the series. Also it looks like they are more focused right now on Wii characters. For example, AC had City Folk as his newest when he was announced, WFT well is WFT, Rosalina first debuted on the Wii, Little Mac was revived on the Wii, and Megaman had a bunch of Wii VC games. Micaiah is from Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn, one of the best rated Wii games out there. IGN had it in it's top 25, and that list I'm pretty sure had a bunch of characters almost ineligible (3rd Party) for smash. Not to mention we don't know if Awakening was even out yet when the roster was finalized, and may not have wanted risking putting in a character who may end up being unpopular by fans.
Well, we can't know what was going on with Sakurai during his design process. This really just depends on whether or not he looked at Awakening for an FE newcomer, it's been out more than long enough for him to pick a character and finish/be damn close to finishing it. I should point out that Awakening came out on April 19, 2012 in Japan (which means it's almost two years old) and long before SSB4 was officially announced. So like you said: it comes down to when the roster was finalized. It also comes down to when Sakurai was working on an FE newcomer (assuming there's only one), if he hadn't started by the time Awakening was released, he may have just waited to see who to add from that (And IS has some say in it, so they may have wanted him to add a character from Awakening).

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Well, we can't know what was going on with Sakurai during his design process. This really just depends on whether or not he looked at Awakening for an FE newcomer, it's been out more than long enough for him to pick a character and finish/be damn close to finishing it. I should point out that Awakening came out on April 19, 2012 in Japan (which means it's almost two years old) and long before SSB4 was officially announced. So like you said: it comes down to when the roster was finalized. It also comes down to when Sakurai was working on an FE newcomer (assuming there's only one), if he hadn't started by the time Awakening was released, he may have just waited to see who to add from that (And IS has some say in it, so they may have wanted him to add a character from Awakening).
Very true. Apparently they began to work on the game right after Kid Icarus: Uprising, so he may not have had time to completely before he decided on a roster. But you may be correct and that he waited to select one from Awakening and left the roster spot open. We will still have to see though, but I'm staying optimistic as she is the one character that I really want playable. If she's not in, hopefully Palutena's leak is true. I want at least one of them, but both would make this my favorite smash yet. I mean she might end up being a low tier character, but I'll make her good just like I did with Phoenix Wright in UMvC3, he's the reason I bought that game.

TeamFlareZakk

I think I'd be upset to see Chrom added, in fact I'd find myself beating Chrom up if he got in over a FE chick, Chrom is a piece of garbage, I'd rather play as Lucina than him.

I actually like Mia better than Micaiah, but the only reason I'd support Micaiah over Mia is because she's a mage, a different FE style rather than swordsman.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I think I'd be upset to see Chrom added, in fact I'd find myself beating Chrom up if he got in over a FE chick, Chrom is a piece of garbage, I'd rather play as Lucina than him.

I actually like Mia better than Micaiah, but the only reason I'd support Micaiah over Mia is because she's a mage, a different FE style rather than swordsman.
Haha. Mia is one of my fave characters out of FE9 and 10 out of the girls. My faves are Micaiah, Ilyana, Jill, Elincia, Astrid and Mia (In no particular order

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Also, Mia has about as much chance as Meg. Which is almost none.
That said, I do like Mia. But she'd be lucky to even get into Smash as a stage hazard on some Radiant Dawn stage.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Thank the lord Meg can't get in! Do you guys think we might see a Sothe assist trophy?
I would love to see Sothe in some form. Prior to Awakening's release, and me playing it, I wanted a tag team of Sothe and Micaiah for SSB4 the most (Realistically I knew that was too much to hope for). Now I want Robin the most.
That said, Sothe has a good chance of getting in some form: he got a trophy in Brawl so he's at least been in Smash before in some way. I could see him as a stage hazard, background character or an Assist Trophy.
As an AT I see him attacking quickly and stealing items for whomever summoned him.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I still don't understand why Micaiah wouldn't be in smash. In my opinion she's the best female representative for fire emblem (sorry lyn and anna ily) and she's important to the series.... I love chrom but Micaiah would be way more unique than him.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I have an interesting idea for Micaiah moveset. Micaiah would wield her Light Magic and varying staves. Her basic attack would involve her staves and (most of) her specials and Smashes would involve her magic. Micaiah could switch between several types of staves which would affect the properties of her staff-attacks. The Sleep staff would have the potential to put the opponent to sleep, the Silence staff may silence the opponent (Limiting projectile use, potentially?) and so on. I can flesh the idea out some more later.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I have an interesting idea for Micaiah moveset. Micaiah would wield her Light Magic and varying staves. Her basic attack would involve her staves and (most of) her specials and Smashes would involve her magic. Micaiah could switch between several types of staves which would affect the properties of her staff-attacks. The Sleep staff would have the potential to put the opponent to sleep, the Silence staff may silence the opponent (Limiting projectile use, potentially?) and so on. I can flesh the idea out some more later.
Alright cool. If you can come up with enough I'll put it in the OP :)

TeamFlareZakk

Thank the lord Meg can't get in! Do you guys think we might see a Sothe assist trophy?
I like that idea for the Assist Trophy, make a chick character like Micaiah playable, then Sothe Assist Trophy, there is no rule stating the chick has to be Assist Trophy.

andimidna

Smash Master
I used to be all about Micaiah and Lyn, but after Awakening... I really like Chrom, Lucina, Anna, Tiki, and Robin.

I'll show support though. As I'd only be happy with Micaiah's inclusion. Zelda is my main, so a mage type girl getting in couldn't possibly disappoint. I still love Micaiah, even though I show more support for Tiki and Lucina.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Put me down as a supporter. I've been playing Radiant Dawn since the last few days, and Micaiah is a unique lord with her command of Light Magic.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I personally call the primary protagonist of any FE game as a lord. :p Doesn't matter though, it doesn't make her less unique or anything.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
Put me down as a supporter. I've been playing Radiant Dawn since the last few days, and Micaiah is a unique lord with her command of Light Magic.
I don't know about you but I like giving resolve to Micaiah and watch her kill things without getting hit .

Top Bottom