• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Proving Grounds Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
So far, GSUB has caught my attention. Also keep an eye on MarikYoshi. They're doing a good job.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Can I be allowed to post in the Proving Grounds? Instead of arguing my beliefs I'd just argue against everyone. I'm good at that

RDK

Smash Hero
Uh, half the temp debaters are insane crazy guys.

Just look at Meta Kirby. That guy is the next Adolf Hitler.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
We could use competition like yours Eor, I'll add you once you apply. Just leave me a visitor's message when you've done so.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I literally facepalmed when I saw the topic "Bisexuality: Real or Fake".
Same here, the OP seems to be suffering from an extreme case of "Yossarian Sydrome"
tm, AltF4

Bisexuality is defined as "both", not "equal", and even when confronted with that, he continued to insist that it was "equal".

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can't handle the proving grounds. I want to post so badly. I need to just shut it out completely. There isn't a way to make it invisible to me is there?

And I don't think I'd be a good poster in the room, either. I'm not good at holding back. I'd just wind up having two different rooms I'd debate in, lol.

Narukari

Smash Journeyman
Believe me, its much worse when you allready started in the debate and now you're completely cut off from it.

I can't defend my statements anymore.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
RK Joker said:
However, I must note that the Bible DOES allow a lot of freedom to mix with science. According to my youth pastor, the Bible starts with the recreation of Earth. Remember, he tossed Satan from Heaven. This leaves room for a bunch of scientific theories. So the Bible CAN contain some science Zero.
ADKJFHREKGHRJKGHKREHVNKWE VERHTWKELJTHV TVHTHVULHTULERTHV UHTVLHVTLJTHVLHVVV.

That's exactly how I feel. Alt, if you're that interested, we could work something out like we did with Eor.

RDK

Smash Hero
Sweet Jesus, how did I miss that post?

Off to the slaughtering proving grounds.

Mewter

Smash Master
ADKJFHREKGHRJKGHKREHVNKWE VERHTWKELJTHV TVHTHVULHTULERTHV UHTVLHVTLJTHVLHVVV.

That's exactly how I feel. Alt, if you're that interested, we could work something out like we did with Eor.
Lol.
Yeah, same here, Alt. I wish I could post in the proving grounds too.
Bisexuality: Real or Fake?
Somehow, there's an idea that it has to be all or nothing. It's like saying "I like pepperoni AND mushroom on my pizza, but I like mushroom more, but since I like them both, I am Bi-pizzain" and then someone else says, "BALaWAAAWERRRRGGG!!!! You like mushroom more, so you can't like pepperoni, and therefore, you are not Bi-pizzain!!!!!!!!!":mad:

Edit:
By RDK

I don't believe in gravity. I find this to be dishonest and want "both sides of the debate" to be presented, meaning Intelligent Falling.

Teach the controversy.
Way to troll, RDK. :mad:

D

Deleted member

Stop ****** the proving grounds :/ encourage and teach them.

Mewter

Smash Master
Quote By Faithkeeper:

Through looking at each point to consider individually, it can be seen that all points either support the leaving of the debate hall members or are not relevant to this debate. So, with this in consideration, Debate Hall members should not be allowed to post in the proving grounds.
That pretty much sums it all up, in my opinion(Even though I want to post there). It seems that the best choice would be to not allow DH members into the proving grounds for the above reasons(by Fatihkeeper, which I ommited). At the very most, we could try what Delorted suggested(let DH members just help correct grammar)

Aesir

Smash Master
I usually just debate the exact opposite of my views or something along those lines.

edit: actually come to think of it I just post dissenting opinion regardless, whats the point of a debate if everyone agrees?

Which might get other temp debators to join in the fray who have different views. I know when I first started out in the DH I didn't post unless I saw someone posting points similar to my own, it's just a shyness thing.

Aesir

Smash Master
Sorry Barr but I must respectfully disagree on that one.

rapping them a lone isn't going to help them at all in fact they'll probably just give up and not post again feeling like morons.

Making them think about their position and trying to rip it apart is how I think you should go about it. All ****** does is shove your textual **** up their *** over and over again. Honestly we should be trying to make them progress as debaters not belittle them into the ground.

I mean you wouldn't want a teacher to just tell you how stupid you are, you would want that teacher to make you think about why you believe your position is the better one.

At least that's how I approach it.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
uhh who are u?? loser of the boards?? and i'm not making it up, there so much proof out there that your too narrowminded to look and see it cause u have no friends
CK you loser! :mad:

Seriously though, woody needs to be kicked. He's clearly completely inept at debating and is just embarrassing himself.

EDIT: Nevermind, it would be a better idea to keep him in for comic relief.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I seriously laughed out loud when I read it. He posted his sig, spammed, flamed a moderator, and one line posted at the same time. I felt generous and just infracted him for flaming.

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
quotes sumthin'
That pretty much sums it all up, in my opinion(Even though I want to post there). It seems that the best choice would be to not allow DH members into the proving grounds for the above reasons(by Fatihkeeper, which I ommited). At the very most, we could try what Delorted suggested(let DH members just help correct grammar)
I think that Delorted's suggestion is a good one. DH members should be able to give advice. Perhaps we should be required to maintain a neutral position on every argument, but we could critique the PG member's posts in the debate itself.

Aesir

Smash Master
I think that Delorted's suggestion is a good one. DH members should be able to give advice. Perhaps we should be required to maintain a neutral position on every argument, but we could critique the PG member's posts in the debate itself.
Nah I hate take neutral positions it feels so lame, I honestly think we should only offer dissenting opinion if discussion is stagnating.

Aesir

Smash Master
I guess, I just hate letting the temp debaters go unchallenged.

Lets face when they get into this room they're going to be exposed to better arguments then they would in the Proving grounds.

D

Deleted member

Just want to clarify - I don't want us DH members simply correcting their grammar. We should be helping them not by setting example, but by cold-critiquing their posts, logical flow, and overall syntax / organization.

Aorist

Smash Apprentice
Uhhh, guys? I think it would maybe be nice if you didn't trivialise ****, nor espouse it as a good thing.

Thanks.

~Peachy~

Creator of delicious desserts
♡I sometimes forget how the "topic with the most recent post" in the forum's index isn't always in the Debate Hall, but rather in the Proving Grounds...^__^;

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Could you guys get off RK's back, there's no internal inconsistency, you just disagree with his viewpoint and source material.

It's also off-topic cause he already established that he's pro-gay marriage, so the tangent will not establish anything pertinent to the topic itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom