• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Renaissance of Xmash 4, Varberg, July 3-6th | Results in 1st post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
Maaaaaaan, who knew seeding the top 64 was such a pain in the behind? ;)
Seed only 48 then. First 16 seeds for people who are expected to get top spots, next 16 for people who are supposed to advance to brackets. Then 16 people who make it through the first pools and have a (small) chance of making it into the bracket.

Let the remaining people fight for the last 16 spots that make it through first pools :)

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
But it's so **** hard to split people in different tiers. Almost done tho.

Also, I expect the biggest flamefest of the year after I reveal it ^_____^

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
Sorry to say this guys but about an hour ago, i had to cancel my ticket...i will not be attending this great event. Good luck to everyone!

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Jeffzor, the MM between u and Nea will also be best of 5^^
And the teams will also be best of 5 ok?^^
btw, which chars do u use?
And ur teaming with Utto O.O; Isnt he "too good" :/
For how much do you want to team-moneymatch?

@Comp:... why? :S
Or is it due to personal reasons?

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Right, I've got seeding sorted! :O

Top 64, divided into 4 tiers. In no real order, what so ever.

Remember, I didn't just decide this all by myself, but had some help from various people. Also, this is a combination of tournament results, personal opinions and wild guesses, so keep that in mind before you start flaming :grin:

Top Seed:
Helios
Dev
Armada
Calle W
Svampen
Smash Alex
Ek
Masamune
Tonberry
Faab
Amsah
Aldwyn
Seretur
Nnja
Charles
Makenshi

High Seed:
Joanna Dark
Aniolas
Akke
Captain Jadde
Utto
C
Yuna
Clemj
Cpt Zeppo
Fox128
DJ Black
Ivo
Rens
Doraki
Niam
Jam

Mid Seed:
Benoit
Efen
Flikkflakk
Kriz
Kurre
Kone
Aska
Chor
TD
Dax
Down A
Luma
Mr P
NCGXX
Adam
Zgetto

Low Seed:
Pikmin
Ying
Mellis
Hack
Kuja
Smasher89
Echoist
Ijuka
Baxon
Ryuker
Reffie
ProSmasherTim
Dual
GsE
Jeffzor
Thieum

Now, things may change a lot, depending on who shows, etc. Also, I'd like to note that I will most likely make a couple of changes here and there.

Vegard

Smash Lord
I have no reasons to complain about the list, since I've only attended local Norwegian tournaments .. even not our only "major" tournament Smashers' Reunion. But I know I'm capable of atleast beating some of the guys on the low seed list, and mid/high seed.

But why did you rank Kriz as mid seed? He's on the same skill level as Tonberry..

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Why isnt Nihonjin on that list :O
And where is Ache? And me, and Nea O.O
Im pretty sure i sent u a PM Helios telling u that its a high chance of us to come so u can put us on that seeding list =)

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nea and Zephy, how many tournaments have you attended? International ones? I'm sorry, it's so hard to speculate on which level you guys are.

Amsah = Nihonjin, btw.

stelzig

Smash Lord
It's a shame that zgetto is already ranked higher than me even though i've played ssbm for so much longer than him. What makes it even more sad is that it is true that he is better =/

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Nea and Zephy, how many tournaments have you attended? International ones? I'm sorry, it's so hard to speculate on which level you guys are.

Amsah = Nihonjin, btw.
Im sorry didnt see that >.<

Anyway, U played VS nea a couple of matches, and he played SA and Calle W (friendlies, and won both).
So i understand u cant seed me, but i think u should seed Nea. He also beat Aniolas in a MM at SR2.

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
Stelzig - You could've been the world's best without us knowing, still wouldn't change the fact you've never attended international tournaments or anything :p

EDIT: I've played Nea, yeah. He's mad good, and prolly deserves a seed.

A-D

Smash Journeyman
It's not about the time you play smash^^ but the skill :O
although skills come with time -_-

stelzig

Smash Lord
Haha. No way Helios. Last time i played VS. was 3 years ago. Recently i have only played for high scores in ssb:m which obviously doesn't help much. I just know the CPU well :p

Vegard

Smash Lord
I've just ordered my buss tickets to this. and omg, Nea is too good. Zephy, please make sure you'll come to this >_>

Askeflink

Smash Journeyman
Kriz's at least high tier. Like two tiers below berry? And i think Nea shuld be middle. He beated Tonberry in a tournament not long ago, but Tonberry won in losers bracket.

And I might come through first pools, nice. =D But I can see it's hard to seed.

stelzig

Smash Lord
Hmm. Just checked the ferry times. It appears that it only sails once during that day so i can first be there at 17:30. Will this be too late?
If so then i probably also need housing for 1 day >_>

Vegard

Smash Lord
He _beat_ Tonberry :p some claims Tonberry was sandbagging, he owned him pretty hard in losers so...

It looks like you've seeded like 50% of the attendance list, isn't that a little bit unnecessary? Maybe not, if you're doing the double pools/Swiss system thing. (Or what it's called)

Zephynazo

Zobaia -Deus- Ariana
Isn't Efen,Flikky and Kriz ranked a little too low^^;
Just think they should be a lil higher...

ivootjes(nr18)

Smash Lord
me not top seed is totally non sense helios, you should know that...
Actually, you haven't placed well in a single tournament for like a year? Last two dutch tournaments that you have been to you got 9th, which isn't really top seed worthy. Epita smash you got 5th or 7th? Also not that good.

I think that you're a really good smasher but a top smasher can have good rankings too, not only good "poolskills" and "friendlieskills". You seem to mess up in the brackets always.

Edit: Hmm, why did tonberry get top seed? For getting 9th at sr2? Or did i miss something?

And the players from UK are seeded too high. How do you know how good they are? Sure, i believe they have improved, but you can't improve that fast. It's ******** to give a top seed out of nothing

Kriz

Smash Cadet
Ok, first I wanted to whine a little about my seeding, but now I'm ok with it. But anyway, made up a little "I wanna whine"-list, so I'll put it up here, just in case.

- RoS3: placed same as Tonberry, above DJ Black
- SR2: placed same as Tonberry, above DJ Black
- Always placed above Flikkflakk in every tournament
- Always placed above Efen in every tournament
- Played a close 3-2-set vs JD on SR2
- Played a close 3-2-set vs Armada on SR2

[/whine]

Helios

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm waaaay ahead of ya ^_^

*falls for peer pressure*

nah, but really, I made some mistakes, and I've changed a few things.

JD <--> Tonberry

Aniolas <--> Kriz

Neasala in Mid.

We'll see what else comes up.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's some thing I don't agree with:

Like Ivo, especially the placings of some of the UK mofos bothers me. It really comes from nothing, does it?

And also Ryuker's seeding deserves a mention. Although he's not on the Power Rankings, that doesn't automatically puts him in 4th seed, does it? I think he deserves a little better, as he's now ranked a seed lower than Dax, whom he beat @ RoS3. I also think he's better than Luma (no offence Luma) and Euan (same). As a plus, the last couple of weeks (or even months, I'm not sure) he's been training a LOT with Amsah, Faab and Choco, so it's almost impossible he hasn't improved.

Just my opinion, just saying.....

Mr P

Smash Ace
There's some thing I don't agree with:

Like Ivo, especially the placings of some of the UK mofos bothers me. It really comes from nothing, does it?

And also Ryuker's seeding deserves a mention. Although he's not on the Power Rankings, that doesn't automatically puts him in 4th seed, does it? I think he deserves a little better, as he's now ranked a seed lower than Dax, whom he beat @ RoS3. I also think he's better than Luma (no offence Luma) and Euan (same). As a plus, the last couple of weeks (or even months, I'm not sure) he's been training a LOT with Amsah, Faab and Choco, so it's almost impossible he hasn't improved.

Yeh you know my skill level..... coz you've played me soooo much, oh wait you have never played me in a single match, not even a friendly. The last tournie we were at together was 7 months ago. I think you are a ******.

I have a lot of beef with where i am seeded but ive already talked about this with helios, so no need to bring any of my logic here coz mostly this list is based on opinion. IN MY OPINION

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
And also Ryuker's seeding deserves a mention. Although he's not on the Power Rankings, that doesn't automatically puts him in 4th seed, does it? I think he deserves a little better, as he's now ranked a seed lower than Dax, whom he beat @ RoS3.
Then Reffie should also be made 3rd seed, since he IS on the Dutch Power Rankings, unlike Ryuker.
I also think he's better than Luma (no offence Luma) and Euan (same). As a plus, the last couple of weeks (or even months, I'm not sure) he's been training a LOT with Amsah, Faab and Choco, so it's almost impossible he hasn't improved.

I'd say, switch Reffie and Ryuker with Dax and Luma.

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Euan, don't be mad. I've based it on the fact that you're a scot :p I'm not sure about your skill level at all, haha

I think you are a ******.
You couldn't be any more right ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom