• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Retro Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

To be fair, Rare INTENDED on DK being grown up Jr., with Cranky being his father, the previous DK.
DK64 was their way of correcting their "mistake" of having Cranky be the grandfather.

And then Nintendo brought the grandfather thing back when Rare left.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sukapon
Mike Jones
Balloon Fighter

To be fair, Rare INTENDED on DK being grown up Jr., with Cranky being his father, the previous DK.
DK64 was their way of correcting their "mistake" of having Cranky be the grandfather.

And then Nintendo brought the grandfather thing back when Rare left.
According to the info I found, Diddy was suppose to be a redesigned retconned Dk jr. but Nintendo didn't like the idea of DK jr changed

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
If y'all are going to talk about Donkey Kong on a retro thread, keep it retro. Also, today's moveset: Mach Rider.

Neutral Special: Gun: Shoots a blast from his gun(Nintendo no like bullets). Causes about 3% damage, goes as far as Fox's gun.

Side Special: Mach Speed: Rider's Mach Bike zooms forward about 10 character spaces without stopping. Getting hit will knock you upwards, and cause about 12% damage. Unfortunatley, you cannot stop, which could hurtle you over the edge.

Up Special: Wheelie: Rider's Bike pops a wheelie in midair, sending it flying into the air. Goes up the same height as Charizard's Fly. Causes a small amount of damage if hit.

Down Special: Doughnut: Mach Bike spins in a circle. Pretty self explanatory, causes 9% damage and pulls enemies in.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
We were discussing Donkey Kong Jr. which is so retro it was made before I was born

Sukapon
Mike Jones
Balloon Fighter

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Muddy Mole
Takamaru
Mach Rider

Also, I would recommend updating the primary post each day with the new results.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Uh... I haven't been around for a while, and I'm not home, so I'm not tallying up votes. I will, though, do our next moveset: Takamaru.

Neutral B: Ninja Satr: Chargable. If you don't charge, he'll throw out 3 weak ninja stars, but if you charge, he'll shoot one giant, powerful one.

Side B: Vanish: He vanishes, then slashes. Just like Meta Kinght's Down Special, except slower.

Up B: Multislash: He jumps up and slashes several times, each one propelling him a little bot higher.

Down B: Block: Copies Ike and Marth, but holds his sword higher.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
You forgot Final Smashs. Also here is my idea for the Balloon Fighter
B- The Balloon Fighter pulls out an attaches a balloon onto his back. Give him an extra jump. Maximum 3 Balloons.
Side B- The Balloon Fighter throws a water balloon at his opponent.
Up B- The Balloon Fighter puts more hot air into his balloons. After a while, they pop.
Down B- Balloon Sheild. He holds a balloon infront of him, it pops after one Melee or projectile attack
Final Smash- Hot Air Balloon. Th Balloon Fighter floats up from the screen and then swoops down in a hot aired balloon.

:phone:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I don't think Balloon Fighter should have more than 2 balloons as he has only ever been seen with 2.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Muddy Mole
Takamaru
Mach Rider

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
THIS is why the Sukapon moveset is the best moveset on this site:
Check this out! (From http://ssf2expansions.motionforum.ne...ighter-sukapon) by Blitz n' Barrage
Entrance- This should be in front, 75% transparent. A large white explosion should occur between frames 9-10.
Stance-
Walk- Repeat frames 5-12.
Run-Repeat frames 5-12.
Turn Around-
Jump-
Double jump-
Back jump-
Back double jump-
Falling-
Land-
Basic combo

Neutral Special: Tondeker

Air

Description:
Sukapon's signature move in Joy Mech Fight, he throws a copy of his head forward. It isn't very fast or powerful, but it deals decent hitstun.

Side Special: Skapon Roll
Repeat frames 9-16

Description:
This functions as a non chargeable version of Jigglypuff's Rollout. Use in air makes him fall at a 30 degree angle.

Up Special: Sky Dragon
Frames 6 and 10 should be 50% transparent and completely pink, and frames 7 and 11 should be a darker pink, and be 75% transparent.
Frames 9 and 11 should be 50% transparent and completely pink, and frames 8 and 12 should be a darker pink, and be 75% transparent.
Description:
An attack used by Shenlong in Joy Mech Fight, Sukapon uppercuts and teleports upward

Down Special: Astrong
Hold frame 8, and make it flash white twice. This is when it does damage.
Air
Hold frame 4, and make it flash white twice. This is when it does damage.
Description:
An attack used by EYE in Joy Mech Fight, Sukapon crouches with his hands together, and whoever touches him receives decent damage and knockback.

Forward Smash
Smash-* This can be double pressed, like Link's. The first hit has little knockback, the second does a large amount.
Up Smash
Smash-
Down Smash-
Smash-
Neutral air- Hold frame 10 until contact with anything.
Up air-
Forward air-
Back air-
Down air- He completely stops moving during this. Meteor Smash.
Aeriel Lands-
Crouch- Hold Frame 3.
Down tilt- He moves forward at frame 6.
Up tilt-
Forward tilt-
Dash attack-
Grab miss-
Grab- Hold last frame.
Pummel-
Foward throw-
Up throw- He jumps up while doing this, so the spinn frames should be like this:
Back throw-
Down throw-
Final Smash- This causes everyone to start taunting, similar to the Amigo Assist Trophy. It lasts about 10 seconds after the animation is finished, allowing Sukapon to attack anyone almost freely for that time.
Guard-
Back Roll-
Forward Roll-
Sidestep-
Air dodge-
Tech-
Wall-Tech-
Wall-Jump-
Shield Break (Dizzy)-
Sleep- Repeat Frames 4-8.
Wake up-
Hurt 1 (Hit)-
Hurt 2 (Sent Flying)-
Hurt 3 (Dead)-
Hurt 4 (Getting back up)-
Get-up attack-
Edge lean-
Hang-
Ledge attack-
Ledge roll-
Assist trophy-
Hammer-
Item Swing-
Fire Flower Hold-
Walk While Using Item-
Item Shoot-
Item toss-
Forward:
Up:
Down:
Back:
Hold heavy object-
Walk w/heavy object-
H.O Throw-
Forward:
Up:
Down:
Wall-Hit-
Climb ladder-
Ride down ladder-
Crawl-
Swim-
Drown-
G&W Ball-
Super Spicy Curry-
Electric Hit-
Up Taunt-
Side Taunt-
Down Taunt-
Win-
Lose/clap- These go flying off screen in a random direction.
Revival Platform-
Preview -
Damage-
Selection Box-
Icon-
Trophies-
Classic-
Adventure-
All Star-
FS-

Attacks and Sound Effects
Win Theme 5-11

Kirby Hat-Fighter

You can find the sukapon thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324262

jigglover

Smash Lord
Did you make that PI!? Whoever did, that is by far the move-set of him ever. Other than Balloon fighter in a clear first with me, I'm rather neutral on another retro, and I think that just made Sukapon my second choice!

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Here are the results thus far:
Balloon Fighter: 35
Takamaru: 34
Mach Rider: 21
Muddy Mole: 16
Sukapon: 15
Duck Hunt Dog: 11
Mike Jones: 9
Bubbles: 8
Sable: 6
Sheriff: 4
Stanley: 3
Urban Champion: 3
DK Jr.: 2

Also, thanks for the Balloon Fighter and Sukapon movesets, those are the ones I was having trouble with. Tomarow, I'll do Mike Jones.
(Also, I have played Smash Flash, PI. Sukapon looks cool, even if it is fanmade.)

jigglover

Smash Lord
Wow, the results to this thread are what I expected, the same order and everything (at least the actual runners, so the first 5, arguably 6)! Actually, I expected muddy third, mach rider fourth, but, you know, close enough.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sukapon would have gotten a higher score than muddy mole if I had voted the same days as the two people who voted for him since I last voted

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Muddy Mole
Takamaru
Mach Rider

Spydr Enzo

Smash Ace
Balloon Fighter
Takamaru
Mach Rider

Also, no offense, but, this poll is poorly designed and doesn't actually reflect anything in terms of most wanted retros (although I wouldn't completely disagree with the current results). One reason for this is because you have the same people voting for the same characters, so you might as well have everyone vote only once, because if everyone voted everyday, the differences between each characters number of votes would be exactly the same proportionally speaking as if everyone only voted once.

Another big problem is that NOT EVERYONE actually votes every day, and some vote much more often than others. Theoretically, You could have one guy voting for Bubbles every single day for thirty days while two other guys each vote for Takamaru only one day out of the thirty days. You'll end up with thirty votes for Bubbles and two votes for Takamaru, but that doesn't necessarily mean that Bubbles is more popular than Takamaru. Ideally, this would work if everyone actually voted every single day, but even then it'd be pointless to have a daily vote since everyone will vote for the same characters anyway.

In short, this poll only reflects how often certain users vote for certain characters, not how popular a certain character is. The most obvious way to fix this would be to allow every person only one vote.

I just hope that people are aware of this.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They are

We actually discussed this the second day

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm in agreement with Spydr here. I honestly see no point in a thread like this (or the top 50 character one), that allows extra optional multiple votes. It won't generate accurate results, it just encourages people to "spam" the same characters repeatedly to have them get the highest amount of votes. It only rewards the most persistent people. The best way of finding out character popularity on these forums is to vote on the poll Shortie made. You know, the one that got stickied and doesn't allow multiple votes? IIRC Takamaru is the retro with the most popularity.

I already posted something to this extent in the "top 50 characters" thread which has pretty much the exact same problem, and it got ignored like this one probably will as well, but I feel like I had to get this off my chest. :embarrass:

I really don't see the point in these kind of threads... :confused:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
^Well that I can get behind, though it might cause Oasis to explode. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom