• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Retro Poll

Status
Not open for further replies.

jigglover

Smash Lord
The thing with this poll is really poor layout. The top 50 characters one the most persistent people do get rewarded yes, but the top 5 or ridley, k rool, little mac, palutena and toad (not in that order probably) so it shows that it's working.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm in agreement with Spydr here. I honestly see no point in a thread like this (or the top 50 character one), that allows extra optional multiple votes. It won't generate accurate results, it just encourages people to "spam" the same characters repeatedly to have them get the highest amount of votes. It only rewards the most persistent people. The best way of finding out character popularity on these forums is to vote on the poll Shortie made. You know, the one that got stickied and doesn't allow multiple votes? IIRC Takamaru is the retro with the most popularity.

I already posted something to this extent in the "top 50 characters" thread which has pretty much the exact same problem, and it got ignored like this one probably will as well, but I feel like I had to get this off my chest. :embarrass:

I really don't see the point in these kind of threads... :confused:
That is the main reason why I stopped. I was only voting for the same three characters without any change, the thread was going nowhere, and felt like a huge waste of time. Both this and the Top 50 aren't necessary.
:phone:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Excitebiker (I just wanted to give the old biker a chance)
Devil (He's funny and cool. Don't judge me :( )
Hayabusa (A wrestler is needed)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Muddy Mole
Takamaru
Mach Rider

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Lets make a change...
Bub!
Bob!
Mrs. Game and watch!
Bub and Bob aren't retro. They still appear in games regularly.

The other one I assume you're joking about. Or at least, I hope you're joking about.

That is the main reason why I stopped. I was only voting for the same three characters without any change, the thread was going nowhere, and felt like a huge waste of time. Both this and the Top 50 aren't necessary.
Exactly. Especially if they aren't going to be monitored or maintained.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Bub and Bob aren't retro. They still appear in games regularly.

The other one I assume you're joking about. Or at least, I hope you're joking about.
Argh! I need to remember that Bub and Bob still get their own games!
No! Mrs. game and watch is a major competitor for a spot! :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom