• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Sassy Princess of Sarasaland: Daisy for SSB4 (A New Daisy for Smash Thread Opens See Pg. 197)

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
Nintendo laughs of character, also seems that Miyamoto doesn't like Daisy, because she wasn't his creation (although there was a design change).
#DAISYFORSMASH
I think this is the main reason. Nintendo doesn't respect her to the point of laughing at her. I also feel like Miyamoto hates Daisy for the same reason you said.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I think Daisy is divisive because unless you choose to play as her in the games that she's in, she can be avoided altogether, to the point that she's only a mere annoyance who happens to be best friends with Peach.....which also explains the clone thing.

Meanwhile, Mario and other characters like Peach and Rosalina are actually unavoidable, because the plot centers around them. Daisy has never been in a plot-centred game for 26 years, and thus, non-Daisy players often view her as slot filler who doesn't deserve to be an all-star.

But if you choose to main her, she's actually fairly prominent. People can decide to dominate with her on the racetrack, or to hit a home-run out of the park, or paintball in a world globe for example. Daisy's been doing it for years and most Nintendo characters would only dream of doing these. As the Daisy supporters play as her across many games, they might form an attachment of sorts to said character. This is actually reflected in Daisy's slow transition from Peach's duplicate to her own character.
Everything but the last sentence applies to Waluigi as well.

D

Deleted member

As for why people sometimes 'hate' other characters....honestly I think it often comes down to whether they've had personal experiences with them. For example...

- I never played Super Mario RPG. I don't get the Geno hype. I will never vote for him. I don't care about the character.

- I was never really against Shovel Knight, but I bought the game recently and let's not kid ourselves, it's a darn good game. Do I feel Shovel Knight deserves to be in Smash? No, but if he was, I think that would be awesome (for the record, he would make a perfect Mii fighter costume). But I'm going to wager that the vast majority of Shovel Knight haters are those who haven't played the game. Ergo, they don't care about the character.

It's not always so black and white, but like memoryman3 pointed out, Daisy falls into this boat because some people decided to pick her up in the various spinoffs--and most people don't hate the characters they choose to play as--and some people never bothered with her and thus she is unknown and unworthy to them.

p.s. IMO if 3rd party characters can make it into Smash I see no real reason why Indie characters could not. Both are not property of Nintendo but, if they have had at least some history appearing on Nintendo consoles and are fairly well-known in their own right, they can be candidates. Shovel Knight and Shantae fall into this bought, that's why people consider them for Smash. I think their haters should direct their hate towards actual dumb choices, like Goku or whoever.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
To spice up the mood, here's Daisy teaming up with the Wiggler to cause havoc against real people!

And here's a classic example of enraging CPU behaviour.

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Everything but the last sentence applies to Waluigi as well.
Well the difference between Daisy and Waluigi is that Waluigi is actually starting to get some recognition by Nintendo and the fans, they brought him back in Mario Kart 8 due to complaints and even gave him a spot in Mario Maker (There are TONS of Waluigi levels that I stumbled upon, but I rarely see a Builder Mario level for example). Even in Mario Tennis, he had a movie dedicated to him and Wario's antics.

Not to mention that Waluigi got tons of exposure thanks to Brawl and the Family, and his AT status still didn't stop people from supporting him en masse in the ballot. While poor Daisy got the shaft in favour of a Mahjong tile in Mario Maker.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
p.s. IMO if 3rd party characters can make it into Smash I see no real reason why Indie characters could not. Both are not property of Nintendo but, if they have had at least some history appearing on Nintendo consoles and are fairly well-known in their own right, they can be candidates. Shovel Knight and Shantae fall into this bought, that's why people consider them for Smash. I think their haters should direct their hate towards actual dumb choices, like Goku or whoever.
It's worth being wary of the popularity echo-chamber effect, here. Shovel Knight, for example, has around 700k sales across all of the platforms that the game has been released on, with around 300k of those being on Nintendo's platforms. That's neither much of a history, nor being widely-known or widely-popular. There are people who are opposed because they are aware of this, and see promoting somebody else's virtually-unknown franchise as being indicative of turning Smash into a cheap advertising billboard, which is a valid concern.

I haven't picked the game up yet, but I do plan to once the 3DS retail version is out over here. I'm looking forward to it, after hearing so many people saying good things about it. :grin:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
Well the difference between Daisy and Waluigi is that Waluigi is actually starting to get some recognition by Nintendo and the fans, they brought him back in Mario Kart 8 due to complaints and even gave him a spot in Mario Maker (There are TONS of Waluigi levels that I stumbled upon, but I rarely see a Builder Mario level for example). Even in Mario Tennis, he had a movie dedicated to him and Wario's antics.

Not to mention that Waluigi got tons of exposure thanks to Brawl and the Family, and his AT status still didn't stop people from supporting him en masse in the ballot. While poor Daisy got the shaft in favour of a Mahjong tile in Mario Maker.
Daisy isn't very popular, so Smash is her only hope of being popular again.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
I hate mentioning the echo-chamber effect twice in a row, but it applies equally here, too. She certainly does have her fans and popularity - if she didn't, they would neither keep including her in games, or keep producing merchandise of her on a regular basis (I want to take some time to make up a Daisy merchandise list, in the style of my Kirby merchandise updates from the Bandana Waddle Dee thread, when I have the time :laugh:), both of which cost time, money, and resources, with the merchandise also entailing legal/licensing hurdles as well.

The difference is, Daisy's fans don't necessarily appear much in dedicated gaming communities, thus creating an echo-chamber where the perception is that nobody likes the character, which flies in the face of the above. I've mentioned before here that even my parents like her, but how many of anyone here's parents are going to seek out a dedicated gaming-related community to mention such a thing?

I'd like to note that the merchandise side is actually particularly telling, as Nintendo is very, very skittish about licensing merchandise due to the potential for items that don't sell to tarnish the value of their brands by ending up languishing in bargain-bins. If Daisy wasn't popular, they wouldn't produce anything featuring her at all, and yet they continue to do so on a regular basis. Moreover, it does sell out.

On the flip-side of that, there's also a lot of counterfeit merchandise of Daisy. Believe you me, if she were unpopular, the bootleggers wouldn't bother! :laugh:

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So this is the infamous Daisy thread that my boyfriend was talking about? How did not know of this place earlier before the Smash Ballot closed? But no worries, I was able to support her and the many other characters that I can't name off the top of my head during the ballot's run. I'm sure there's a possibility that he was able to imply that during the last week of the ballot in one of these forums.

So would you kindly add me to the support list? Daisy is one of those underrated characters that I mained in almost every Mario title since I was a young girl. Seeing her in Smash would be a dream come true if it weren't for the more notable competition that she has to deal with (Captain Toad, Waluigi, etc). :happysheep:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
So this is the infamous Daisy thread that my boyfriend was talking about? How did not know of this place earlier before the Smash Ballot closed? But no worries, I was able to support her and the many other characters that I can't name off the top of my head during the ballot's run. I'm sure there's a possibility that he was able to imply that during the last week of the ballot in one of these forums.

So would you kindly add me to the support list? Daisy is one of those underrated characters that I mained in almost every Mario title since I was a young girl. Seeing her in Smash would be a dream come true if it weren't for the more notable competition that she has to deal with (Captain Toad, Waluigi, etc). :happysheep:
Hey, welcome! Just guessing from context and your choice of font colour, I don't suppose you're Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan 's girlfriend, are you? :p

I really do hope that Daisy makes it in eventually. I can still remember when she debuted in Super Mario Land and was pushed heavily as a newcomer to the Mario series as a whole, via the high-charting UK pop song and (the ultimately disastrous due to the licensees) Super Mario Bros.: The Movie.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hey, welcome! Just guessing from context and your choice of font colour, I don't suppose you're Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan 's girlfriend, are you? :p

I really do hope that Daisy makes it in eventually. I can still remember when she debuted in Super Mario Land and was pushed heavily as a newcomer to the Mario series as a whole, via the high-charting UK pop song and (the ultimately disastrous due to the licensees) Super Mario Bros.: The Movie.
Yep, yes I know that hunk in real life and I can tell that he's surprised to see me here. Oh Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan , don't be shy and put me on that there support list. :p

That Super Mario Bros. Movie though, I always viewed it as classic even if it wasn't as truthful to the Mario canon as possible. Daisy's appearance in the movie was a weird choice, but her role was ok in my book. Nintendo really does need to start promoting her in more games if they really want her to be less of a "Scrappy" in the fandom.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
That Super Mario Bros. Movie though, I always viewed it as classic even if it wasn't as truthful to the Mario canon as possible. Daisy's appearance in the movie was a weird choice, but her role was ok in my book. Nintendo really does need to start promoting her in more games if they really want her to be less of a "Scrappy" in the fandom.
The movie started out as something truer to the source material, but the licensees took it in a very strange direction. It's what made Nintendo shy away from such endeavours entirely until now. I also wonder if the fact that they chose to use it as an avenue to promote Daisy also had an impact on them shying away from using her very much directly thereafter, but there's no way to prove that - it would just make sense considering the other knock-on effects that the disaster had.

Rifftrax (the modern-day project of the Mike Nelson-era Mystery Science Theater 3000 crew) actually licensed Super Mario Bros.: The Movie for their download service (available in various video formats and a burnable DVD image), believe it or not! I'll have to get around to watching it at some point. :laugh:

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yep, yes I know that hunk in real life and I can tell that he's surprised to see me here. Oh Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan , don't be shy and put me on that there support list. :p

Hello dear, I guess you are finally coming out of your shell and going to start joining some serious discussions around here. So feel free to talk more Daisy with the rest of us for a bit before our classes start. The more support is always good around here despite the ballot's closure. :nervous:

And my thoughts of the Super Mario Movie? It's cheesy to the point where I would either laugh or just cringe depending on the scene. There were some clever moments like the disco place scene with Mario seducing Big Bertha or that classic "Mario Mario" moment where we know the Bro's last name. Other than that, I don't really hate the movie like most fans and find some enjoyability in it.

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Hmmm... this is a semi-good sign. It's great that she's a 1st runner-up. The unfortunate part is that 2 females got above her.
Also, how did Krystal get above Dixie?
I'm not sure, but I think Krystal had always had more support than Dixie. I could be wrong though.
Also, even though Daisy is third in the list of females, it is clear that she is the #1 first party female choice on this poll (and hopefully in the real ballot, too).

Also, according to MarioWiki's Peach article trivia section,
"Ever since her debut in 1985, Peach has appeared in more games than any female character in video game history."
This makes me wonder, if Peach has appeared in more games than another female, who is the female that has appeared the second most? I really want to believe it's Daisy but maybe I'm forgetting another iconic female video game character.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hello dear, I guess you are finally coming out of your shell and going to start joining some serious discussions around here. So feel free to talk more Daisy with the rest of us for a bit before our classes start. The more support is always good around here despite the ballot's closure. :nervous:

And my thoughts of the Super Mario Movie? It's cheesy to the point where I would either laugh or just cringe depending on the scene. There were some clever moments like the disco place scene with Mario seducing Big Bertha or that classic "Mario Mario" moment where we know the Bro's last name. Other than that, I don't really hate the movie like most fans and find some enjoyability in it.
Thank you so much, goggly bear! (If only a hugging emoticon exists on these boards).

Expect to see me more often boys and girls, because Daisy needs to get the respect she deserves. Wahooooo!

And yeah, that movie was pretty cheesy in a good way. I need to watch it again after class for some giggles and ****.

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
"Ever since her debut in 1985, Peach has appeared in more games than any female character in video game history."
This makes me wonder, if Peach has appeared in more games than another female, who is the female that has appeared the second most? I really want to believe it's Daisy but maybe I'm forgetting another iconic female video game character.
It could very easily be Daisy. I guess we just need to count it all up, eh? :laugh:

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure, but I think Krystal had always had more support than Dixie. I could be wrong though.
Also, even though Daisy is third in the list of females, it is clear that she is the #1 first party female choice on this poll (and hopefully in the real ballot, too).

If I remember correctly Daisy's been in every spinoff game + 1 main series game so she's been in about 42 games. How many has Peach been in?
EDIT: I don't think there's been any other female that's been in 42 games (besides Peach) in Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo.
EVEN MORE EDIT: Actually Daisy comes at a close 4th 5 games behind Chun-Li, and 4 games behind Cammy. (Street Fighter had a lot of games.)

Last edited:

RC Walu

Smash Cadet
If I remember correctly Daisy's been in every spinoff game + 1 main series game so she's been in about 42 games. How many has Peach been in?
EDIT: I don't think there's been any other female that's been in 42 games (besides Peach) in Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo.
EVEN MORE EDIT: Actually Daisy comes at a close 4th 5 games behind Chun-Li, and 4 games behind Cammy. (Street Fighter had a lot of games.)
If I remember right, Daisy's been in 50 games (give or take a few) Most of them have been as a playable character and the rest have her as an NPC or just have her in as a cameo

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
I've just glossed over some of this thread, and while I'm not the biggest Daisy fan (I'm quite indifferent to many Nintendo characters outside of my select few), but it seems that Daisy's controversy stems from Nintendo's apathy and refusal to use her anymore than it does. While I don't believe Nintendo as a whole hates Daisy, it's clear they don't care enough about her. Daisy is fairly popular, but not enough to grant her more distinction or larger roles like Luigi, Wario, and Yoshi. Waluigi is in a similar boat to Daisy, but some arguments involving Waluigi and other characters create a double standard for not wanting Daisy.

Now I'm no expert like some of you, and if Daisy got in Smash, while she could be unique, I think it's still likely she could be clone in some form to Peach. Which brings the question (while I would want a unique Daisy instead), why hasn't Daisy been an alt for Peach yet? It wouldn't take too much time. I can see why some wouldn't like Daisy, and like another user said (regarding why Nintendo doesn't use Daisy more often), Mario still sells without the need of Daisy as a major factor so why fix what isn't broken. Regardless, nobody will ever know of Daisy's true potential until she's show in a better light. With that said, Rosalina didn't "take Daisy's spot" because there was never a spot to be taken.

Daisy is even getting shafted from MM (love her or hate her, no reason for Daisy not to show up in MM unless Nintendo just truly don't care about her or the other extreme, hates her). All in all, fans my develop a better opinion on Daisy if they used her more, but there's nothing indicating to Nintendo that Daisy's worth as a character is important enough to warrant them including her more often (with MM being the outlier).

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
If I remember right, Daisy's been in 50 games (give or take a few) Most of them have been as a playable character and the rest have her as an NPC or just have her in as a cameo
Hmm... You might be right, i'll try and double check later today. Also, I was just counting games where she was playable.

Last edited:

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Because she hasn't made a major appearance since Super Mario Land. People don't think she deserves to be in an all-stars fighting game, which is valid to an extent.

Also, I'm not sure if it's just me, but I find her to be very annoying. "Hi, I'm Daisy!" and her voice in Mario Kart DS stand out to me.
Hmm...would you prefer her older voice? Like she had on Mario Party 4?
I doubt it...Smash is a selection of 'popular' characters as well as main characters. So far, Daisy isn't a main character, and she arguably isn't popular. To wash this stigma away, she HAS to be in a main game, or have her own, which is a stretch in itself. Only then, she'll probably achieve main status (kinda like what Rosalina had) and have a better chance of being confirmed for Smash.

Now, my thoughts on the Super Mario Bros Movie...I liked it; for what it was. Even though it was 'cheesy,' it shared its own laughs.

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Due to a data mine revealing three more extra slots, many Smash fans are saying that this means that only 3 more DLC characters will appear. Who do you think they will be?
My theory:
King K Rool
Shovel Knight
Daisy

I honestly only want Daisy out of those 3, but realistically, I see those happening the most.

Last edited:

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
Hmm...would you prefer her older voice? Like she had on Mario Party 4?

I doubt it...Smash is a selection of 'popular' characters as well as main characters. So far, Daisy isn't a main character, and she arguably isn't popular. To wash this stigma away, she HAS to be in a main game, or have her own, which is a stretch in itself. Only then, she'll probably achieve main status (kinda like what Rosalina had) and have a better chance of being confirmed for Smash.

Now, my thoughts on the Super Mario Bros Movie...I liked it; for what it was. Even though it was 'cheesy,' it shared its own laughs.
Yeah I agree, as much as I want Daisy in Sm4sh, Daisy should be in a main series game before she gets in Smash. So she can gain more recognition and be like more. I would love for Daisy to be in Ssb4 but it's not that likely without her being in a main series game.

Due to a data mine revealing three more extra slots, many Smash fans are saying that this means that only 3 more DLC characters will appear. Who do you think they will be?
My theory:
King K. Rool
Inkling
Shovel Knight
Personally I think that Daisy will be unlikely until she appears in a main series game. :sadeyes:

Last edited:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Yeah I agree, as much as I want Daisy in Sm4sh, Daisy should be in a main series game before she gets in Smash. So she can gain more recognition and be like more. I would love for Daisy to be in Ssb4 but it's not that likely without her being in a main series game.
I guess it would make sense for Daisy to be in a main series game and then be in Smash, so that she could seem more deserving of her Smash spot and also use moves from her new supposed main game such as throwing a super ball, using bunny ears, and whatever new power ups will be featured in her main game appearance (if it does actually come into existence).

But then again, I don't see Nintendo putting Daisy in a main game anytime soon and the Smash DLC will be over by the time a main game for her actually does come out, and so she's better off getting into Smash as DLC while representing the sports games and spin offs.

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
I guess it would make sense for Daisy to be in a main series game and then be in Smash, so that she could seem more deserving of her Smash spot and also use moves from her new supposed main game such as throwing a super ball, using bunny ears, and whatever new power ups will be featured in her main game appearance (if it does actually come into existence).

But then again, I don't see Nintendo putting Daisy in a main game anytime soon and the Smash DLC will be over by the time a main game for her actually does come out, and so she's better off getting into Smash as DLC while representing the sports games and spin offs.
Maybe they'll put her in Smash first, as the first sign of her redemption. Than they could make a game about her. But I understand your point. Hopefully Nintendo won't neglect her anymore and make a game about her.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
My theory:
King K Rool
Shovel Knight
Daisy

I honestly only want Daisy out of those 3, but realistically, I see those happening the most.
I wish I had your optimism.
At this point, I had absolutely NO idea what to expect. I was expecting Wolf + 2 others, but the leaks and rumours have thrown everything into disarray.

Not quite. Any role bigger than just another another playable character in a spin-off will be a boost enough.

:231:

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Maybe they'll put her in Smash first, as the first sign of her redemption. Than they could make a game about her. But I understand your point. Hopefully Nintendo won't neglect her anymore and make a game about her.
Hmm that's quite a good point. I like the sound of that. "First sign of her redemption." Oooh! I would luv that. First she appears as Smash DLC and then next thing you know a Nintendo Direct comes out with Super Mario Land U, Super Princess Peach 2, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Paper Mario 6 (with Daisy in it!!!). Haha of course, not all of them would come out at the same time, but I can dream, yknow? lol

2016, the year of Daisy has begun!! A rebirth of the forgotten awesome princess!!

Last edited:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Guys, you're all forgetting an interesting quote from Sakurai himself. It's mentioned briefly as a header for this editorial from Source Gaming;

Asking only for popular characters to appear in Smash…doesn’t get me excited

-Masahiro Sakurai
Just because Miyamoto's team keep overlooking Daisy, doesn't mean that Sakurai will. Keep that in mind. ;)

Anyway, while I'm here, I got around to compiling a quick list of current Daisy merchandise that's readily available to purchase online, like I'd been wanting to. Whilst there may not appear to be a lot, this is actually almost the same for all of the Mario series' characters (aside from Mario and Luigi, pretty much) at the moment.

Super Mario All Star Collection - Princess Daisy 9.5" Plush - The current Daisy plush by San-ei. (I have this one, and you can see some photographs here if you're interested in seeing how the real thing looks. ;))

Super Mario - Princess Daisy 8" Plush - This is the Daisy plush that San-ei made slightly before the above, which is slightly smaller and has a slightly different look to her face.

K'Nex Super Mario Series 2 Mystery Pack - Lego-compatible Super Mario series mini-figures from K'Nex. Daisy is one of the characters that you can potentially get from these blind-bags.

K'Nex Super Mario Series 2 Daisy Minifigure (Loose) - For a higher price, some companies will open the blind-bags above, so that you can purchase the specific mini-figure you want. This listing is for the Daisy figure.

Furuta Super Mario Choco Egg Mini Princess Daisy - A small figure from a slightly older series of the ones given away in Furuta's Super Mario Choco Egg confectionery. As per the above, some companies open up and sell these otherwise blind-packed figures separately.

Whilst I was searching out the above, I also came across this curious unofficial item...

Adults' Princess Daffodil Costume - In the absence of an official Princess Daisy fancy-dress costume, an outside company has produced the dress of "Princess Daffodil", which looks curiously similar to that of Princess Daisy! :laugh: It seems to be quite a nice replica, for what it is and what it costs.

Do bear in mind that there are a lot of bootleg and counterfeit Super Mario items out there, and items of Daisy are no exception. In the case of the plushes, especially, fakes absolutely flood Amazon in all regions, so it's best to go for the "Sold by Amazon" option (it's often found in the right-hand sidebar, but it's sometimes shown as the default listing - if it's not there at all, look for other listings instead) to be sure that you'll really get what you're paying for, and not a poor-quality fake which would also serve the unwanted purpose of not sending a message to Nintendo that you are buying Daisy merchandise. Some of these fakes are very convincing, whilst others are... Shall we say "less so"?

Amazon US will ship the genuine plushes (and probably some other items) that they themselves sell to many countries worldwide, which I can tell you from experience really helps if they have poor or no distribution in your own country - just log in there with your regional Amazon account, and you'll be able to see whether they'll ship to you or not on the product listing pages.

HanAmes

Smash Ace
Hmm that's quite a good point. I like the sound of that. "First sign of her redemption." Oooh! I would luv that. First she appears as Smash DLC and then next thing you know a Nintendo Direct comes out with Super Mario Land U, Super Princess Peach 2, Luigi's Mansion 3, and Paper Mario 6 (with Daisy in it!!!). Haha of course, not all of them would come out at the same time, but I can dream, yknow? lol

2016, the year of Daisy has begun!! A rebirth of the forgotten awesome princess!!
THAT...! Would be epic...! Personally, I'd love an RPG featuring Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina in the style of Super Mario RPG. Daisy would be the physical type, Rosie would be the magical type, and Peach would be a balance of both. That's what I had in mind, and I'm so not opposed to having a year of Daisy, suddenly rising through the ranks of the Mario franchise, and it all started with her Smash confirmation...

One could dream.

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
THAT...! Would be epic...! Personally, I'd love an RPG featuring Peach, Daisy, and Rosalina in the style of Super Mario RPG. Daisy would be the physical type, Rosie would be the magical type, and Peach would be a balance of both. That's what I had in mind, and I'm so not opposed to having a year of Daisy, suddenly rising through the ranks of the Mario franchise, and it all started with her Smash confirmation...

One could dream.
I would be very upset if this happened.
No Geno?
You can't have Daisy without Waluigi!

Wiimas123

Smash Apprentice
I would be very upset if this happened.
No Geno?
You can't have Daisy without Waluigi!
Waluigi would be the Villain in all the Luigi/Daisy games. Or maybe they could a game like Wario-Ware or something, I can't think of Waluigi themed games.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
I'm not going to lie, but Daisy seriously took too many derp pills in that last picture. Even I wouldn't want to have her give me that look. :joyful:

Tortilla Noggin

Smash Obsessed
Daisy's a chameleon in disguise, Rosalina looks spaced-out, and Peach appears to have had a run-in with Dig Dug. :laugh:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

StarCrystal20

Smash Ace
Guys, you're all forgetting an interesting quote from Sakurai himself. It's mentioned briefly as a header for this editorial from Source Gaming;

Just because Miyamoto's team keep overlooking Daisy, doesn't mean that Sakurai will. Keep that in mind. ;)

Anyway, while I'm here, I got around to compiling a quick list of current Daisy merchandise that's readily available to purchase online, like I'd been wanting to. Whilst there may not appear to be a lot, this is actually almost the same for all of the Mario series' characters (aside from Mario and Luigi, pretty much) at the moment.

Super Mario All Star Collection - Princess Daisy 9.5" Plush - The current Daisy plush by San-ei. (I have this one, and you can see some photographs here if you're interested in seeing how the real thing looks. ;))

Super Mario - Princess Daisy 8" Plush - This is the Daisy plush that San-ei made slightly before the above, which is slightly smaller and has a slightly different look to her face.

K'Nex Super Mario Series 2 Mystery Pack - Lego-compatible Super Mario series mini-figures from K'Nex. Daisy is one of the characters that you can potentially get from these blind-bags.

K'Nex Super Mario Series 2 Daisy Minifigure (Loose) - For a higher price, some companies will open the blind-bags above, so that you can purchase the specific mini-figure you want. This listing is for the Daisy figure.

Furuta Super Mario Choco Egg Mini Princess Daisy - A small figure from a slightly older series of the ones given away in Furuta's Super Mario Choco Egg confectionery. As per the above, some companies open up and sell these otherwise blind-packed figures separately.

Whilst I was searching out the above, I also came across this curious unofficial item...

Adults' Princess Daffodil Costume - In the absence of an official Princess Daisy fancy-dress costume, an outside company has produced the dress of "Princess Daffodil", which looks curiously similar to that of Princess Daisy! :laugh: It seems to be quite a nice replica, for what it is and what it costs.

Do bear in mind that there are a lot of bootleg and counterfeit Super Mario items out there, and items of Daisy are no exception. In the case of the plushes, especially, fakes absolutely flood Amazon in all regions, so it's best to go for the "Sold by Amazon" option (it's often found in the right-hand sidebar, but it's sometimes shown as the default listing - if it's not there at all, look for other listings instead) to be sure that you'll really get what you're paying for, and not a poor-quality fake which would also serve the unwanted purpose of not sending a message to Nintendo that you are buying Daisy merchandise. Some of these fakes are very convincing, whilst others are... Shall we say "less so"?

Amazon US will ship the genuine plushes (and probably some other items) that they themselves sell to many countries worldwide, which I can tell you from experience really helps if they have poor or no distribution in your own country - just log in there with your regional Amazon account, and you'll be able to see whether they'll ship to you or not on the product listing pages.
Lol at "Princess Daffodil". Still, it seems like a nice costume if you want to dress up as Daisy and if you're ok with bootleg products. The same company also made bootleg/counterfeit character costumes with names such as Woodland Warrior (Link), Woodland Huntress (female Link), and sidekick Bros. (Mario and Luigi).

Top Bottom