• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Second Best Wario Ware Employee: Mona for SSB4 (It's Been An Honor Serving Hot Slices Until Now)

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Wait so popularity equals deserving? Waluigi over everyone?

:phone:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Within WarioWare as a series yes, but not in general popularity should mean the most. I guess, I could go further, but, I really don't even care for Mona that much. Which is probably how most people feel, unfortunetly.

Typing on a phone sucks. This is awful. I want internet back now :(

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Let's just say that only "hardcore" Wario Ware fans actually liked/cared for the idea of Mona as another rep. I knew a few of them and seen the movesets that they made for her and mentioned how cool it was to see her make a 3D debute in a racing game (Mario Kart) or fighting game (Brawl & SSB4). Just face it, only the Japanese actually cared for those games due to how they are mostly popular over there and that Japan is infamous for making widget (wierd Japanese things) games and manga/anime nowadays.

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
I've had mona in my roster for a loooong time and I'd be extremely HAPPY to have her playable in sm4sh. Oh and the only wario ware game I've ever played is smooth moves.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've had mona in my roster for a loooong time and I'd be extremely HAPPY to have her playable in sm4sh. Oh and the only wario ware game I've ever played is smooth moves.
Then you missed out on the awesome original 2 on the Game Boy Advance. Then again, Smooth Moves was the best selling game of this franchise. If you are getting a Wii U, I'd recommend getting Game & Wario. That's if you don't mind any change in the gameplay since the microgames are now longer, full-fledged minigames. ^_^

gothrax

Smash Journeyman
As long as i get to shave a beard pick a nose and dance in a strangely humanoid wario chorus line then im in!!

BTW does game and watch have anything to do with game and wario?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
As long as i get to shave a beard pick a nose and dance in a strangely humanoid wario chorus line then im in!!

BTW does game and watch have anything to do with game and wario?

No. But the main screen and the title is actually a parody of the Game & Watch.

Here's some gameplay of all 4 revealed mini games including the one where Mona has to photograph criminals.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DEd1AX4jvw&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQoem9Z3Pc0&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqz5SeOHst4&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmMBLY97JQI&feature=relmfu

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Considering how popular this support thread became, I decided to add a supporter list and there's plenty of room for more.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
How about we get both Ashley and Syrup and downgrade Mona to AT status :troll:

Joking aside, she's a top potential contender in wario's side. I'd be cool if she joins the roster

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Except that people actually like Mona :troll:
True. They are similar for being energetic, tough, sporty red heads; except they are different ages.

Perhaps the Wario Ware director did that to reference Gunpei Yoko's last character (Daisy) that is in the currently hands of Miyamoto.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Sorry for the double post, but I've wanted to show you this picture.

That pose she is in seems close enough to a perfect stance she would have in Super Smash Bros. 4. This also screams the dream team of Mona and Wario fighting together against Mario and Peachy. :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Update: After finding an official Game & Wario logo, I decided to use it for decoration purposes on the OP.

Looks equality as purty as our favorite multitasking high school gal and the wacky franchise she is from. <3

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
She's made by Japan. She's in highschool.

Most likely she's a 15 year old girl.

If Wario is really tying to/ is hooked up with her...

Warioware has become CREEPY

D

Deleted member

Nintendo, why you ruin the characters' eyes?

They all had unique sets of eyes, now they're all the same except Wario. And Jimmy T., but we never see his eyes.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Nintendo, why you ruin the characters' eyes?

They all had unique sets of eyes, now they're all the same except Wario. And Jimmy T., but we never see his eyes.
Ikr. Now they look like those zombie like girls from Rhythm Heaven. Sakamoto ruins everything! :mad:

D

Deleted member

That's not a fair accusation; for each game people claim he ruined (Other M, and in this case, the DESIGNS for the characters in this game), there's 10x amount of games he worked on that people can't logically claim he ruined.

I mean, other Wario games he designed were Wario Land 4, Wario World, WarioWare: Mega Microgame$, and WarioWare: Smooth Moves.
Are you going to tell me that he ruined THOSE?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That's not a fair accusation; for each game people claim he ruined (Other M, and in this case, the DESIGNS for the characters in this game), there's 10x amount of games he worked on that people can't logically claim he ruined.

I mean, other Wario games he designed were Wario Land 4, Wario World, WarioWare: Mega Microgame$, and WarioWare: Smooth Moves.
Are you going to tell me that he ruined THOSE?
They were great Wario games and went in the right direction. The Other M situation I can understand. But, I'm still not happy about the style choice that he went with on Game & Wario. I mean look at Kat & Ana, they have soulless black eyes unlike their original colorful eyes they had in the older games. Plus, the girls look too skinny and Rhythm Heaven like. :/

D

Deleted member

Yes, but you can't jump to saying he "ruins everything", can you?

It's just a questionable art direction. Just like how Wind Waker started out as.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yes, but you can't jump to saying he "ruins everything", can you?

It's just a questionable art direction. Just like how Wind Waker started out as.
I guess you're right. I shouldn't act like some Classic Sonic fan boy who bashes the Modern Sonic design. This style will eventually grown on me and we shall see how this game will sell in the near future.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The souless black eyes and skinniness is actually a growing art trend in Japan. Most of the notebooks, bags, socks, and other commercial products are choked full of "cute" adolescent girls with huge black eyes, blush, and jointless/boneless skinny body frames. It's probably just following the recent popular art shifts in Japan.

I don't really support a second Wario rep and, I would, it would easily be Ashley. However, Mona would be a quirky and interesting character that would have a amusing play style. I'd support her as a 3rd rep, though.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
The souless black eyes and skinniness is actually a growing art trend in Japan. Most of the notebooks, bags, socks, and other commercial products are choked full of "cute" adolescent girls with huge black eyes, blush, and jointless/boneless skinny body frames. It's probably just following the recent popular art shifts in Japan.

I don't really support a second Wario rep and, I would, it would easily be Ashley. However, Mona would be a quirky and interesting character that would have a amusing play style. I'd support her as a 3rd rep, though.

I feel the same way.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
@Venus of the Desert Ah, That explains alot.

@PshychoIncarnate I'm more disturbed about the fact that she want's to be friends with Ashley. O_O

Anyways, I would like to tell a story to my loyal followers complete with a memorable music track.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMOZTfv9_go

Every since Game & Wario was first announced there were some massive criticism and controversy. A lot of people have mixed feelings about a Wario Ware game with longer and fewer minigames and about certain characters being missing (9-Volt, Dr. Crygor, ect.). On the other hand, some guys said that they would rather have a Wario Land game on the Wii U than another crappy casual Mario Party ripoff. Now, all those opinions have changed since these people got a chance to play the games for themselves at the different Wii U experiences.

I got a chance to play that game and it is a rather great experince. They managed to capture the charm and humor these games been having since the start. The Arrow game was a rather fun game that suits Wario's character, the Ski Race was spot on with Jimmy T.'s funky attitude and sporty personality, and Mona finally has a non-dangerous job for once with not a single rival (The Dinosaurs) to mess with her. I'm rather baffled about the fact that Mona's game is not strange or weird unlike her microgames in the older titles. It's somewhat out of character and rather new. Then again, there have been technology based microgames than reality ever since Penny Crygor replaced her grandfather in Smooth Moves. I had a chat with another fellow Wario Ware fan about how different this game was compared to the older titles and possible Wario reps. He said that he'd like either Ashley and Mona since they are rather important in the games and have a massive fan following in Japan. There's even cosplay of the both of them and Wario instead of other characters. I am also wondering how much Game & Wario references Sakurai is going to pull off in the next Smash titles (perhaps more trophies). Then again, Japan loves playing and watching weird and WTF worthy media (this, Katamari, Gintama, Bobobo, ect.)

I've also noticed how similar the Tomorrow Hill singer's voice is to Mona's. Probably she is the one singing just to troll Dribble & Spitz. :troll:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Personally, I'd rather want a WarioLand rep like Captain Syrup. WarioLand needs some love. But if we get a WarioWare rep for smash 4, I feel it should either be Mona or Ashley. Either one and I'll be happy. Add in Syrup and I'll be...well even more happy.:awesome:

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I would take Mona over Syrup only because Syrup is like Kamek, "I never actually do fighting, I just send people o fight you!"

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
I want to see Mona in the next Smash Bros game. She should have a stage where Pizza Dinosaur is chasing somebody who is helping Mona out while she's in Smash.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I want to see Mona in the next Smash Bros game. She should have a stage where Pizza Dinosaur is chasing somebody who is helping Mona out while she's in Smash.
Welcome aboard the Monette Squad, sport. That would be a nice stage idea which reminds me of the Diamond City stage concept that StarPhoenix came with (it contained several of the main buildings like Mona's Pizza, Club Sugar, and a few others.).

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Go Ashley!

All the fuss over Ashley was just because her theme song was revealed early. Mona's the real Warioware Co-Star.
Damn straight Mona would be a great Wario rep.
and her song beats both Ashley and Mike's songs any day of the week.
You guys are off your meds - Ashley FTW!

^This guy here! I completely agree with him!
Not saying Mona can't fight but Ashley would own her! Not saying she wouldnt be fun to play as but Ashley would be the better rep in my opinion. Smash needs more females but needs more magic users too! Ashley fits the bill there. However if Mona made it in and not Ashley I would still play as Mona, she has the potential for a unique moveset as does Ashley, I just prefer the little witch and her broom and scepter.

My Top 5 Most Wanted For SSB4:
1. Amaterasu from Okami
2. Ridley
3. Geno from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the 7 Stars
4. Paper Mario
5. ASHLEY!!!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ashley and Mona are very good friends, so I can see the both of them as very likely Wario Ware reps. Mona being a veteran employee since the first Wario Ware and Wario's gal. Ashley being the most popular of the 3 new Wario Ware employees (her, Penny, and Young Cricket), as well as a good friend of Mona. It will most likely between either of them.

Note: In the Japanese Wario Ware Touched! manuel, it is said that Mona sometimes visits Ashley's mansion so that she wouldn't be that lonely (obviously from Mona's point of view. :3).

FooltheFlames

needs hugs~<3
Count me in! I Support Mona!

Ashley and Mona are very good friends, so I can see the both of them as very likely Wario Ware reps. Mona being a veteran employee since the first Wario Ware and Wario's gal. Ashley being the most popular of the 3 new Wario Ware employees (her, Penny, and Young Cricket), as well as a good friend of Mona. It will most likely between either of them.

Note: In the Japanese Wario Ware Touched! manuel, it is said that Mona sometimes visits Ashley's mansion so that she wouldn't be that lonely (obviously from Mona's point of view. :3).
That sounds pretty sweet. I keep hearing Ashley's the more popular one in Japan so that may help her chances!
Anyways go ahead and file me under "Mona's Hardworking Subordinates!" Supporter List.
I want Ashley in more but I fully suppot Mona's chances too! Would'nt we be lucky if they somehow BOTH made it in? :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That sounds pretty sweet. I keep hearing Ashley's the more popular one in Japan so that may help her chances!
Anyways go ahead and file me under "Mona's Hardworking Subordinates!" Supporter List.
I want Ashley in more but I fully suppot Mona's chances too! Would'nt we be lucky if they somehow BOTH made it in? :)
We would be really lucky, though it would be more likely if Wario Ware was more massively popular in the West than only in Japan. Then again, several fans got mad over Kirby and Pokemon getting 2 new reps in Brawl. XD

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
On the topic of Nintendo Land, they managed to get a minigame for all the Mario series & spinoff series (Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, ect.) except for Wario. I know Game & Wario is already Wario's minigame, but why leave Wario and his friends (especially Mona) out of a minigame collection based on all the fan favorite Nintendo franchises? :(

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Then again, Kirby, Pokemon, Mother, Fire Emblum, Punch Out, and Star Fox don't have a game for them in Nintendo Land either.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
Mona would be a great, lesser-expected character. She could have a very unique moveset, and if they have a complex story mode like in Brawl, add even more depth to the plot & Wario's character

Top Bottom