• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Second Best Wario Ware Employee: Mona for SSB4 (It's Been An Honor Serving Hot Slices Until Now)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Well... I guess that's one potential competitor for Mona out of the way. As much as I wouldn't have minded Ashley playable. They did manage to make her look pretty adorable though and at least she has a 3D model now as well so that's good.

Hopefully Mona still has a chance to become a playable character though. :/

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I hope so too. Either Mona or Syrup, but it does not seem likely considering how well-liked Ashley is in general.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I suppose so. However, seeing as how Mona's more or less Wario's second in command (along with Jimmy T) in the Wario Ware series, that might just give her a slight edge over most of the other Wario Ware employee's in terms of importance I suppose. I guess we will have to wait and see about that. She's still a pretty popular and well liked character though, even though not as nearly as much as Ashley I suppose but still.

To be honest, if Wario were to get a second newcomer, I personally see Mona and Syrup (and Jimmy T I guess) as the most likely candidates anyway. But that's just me I guess.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Guess this means if we do get Mona, she'd be in her Game & Wario design.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Yeah that does seem to be the case as Ashley usually has red eye pupils and all. Hmm, as much as I would have preferred her usual outfit. I actually wouldn't mind her Game & Wario outfit. It looks pretty cute on her.
Though her eyes do kinda remind me of the reporter girl from Rythm heaven but yeah. Guess that's the new style they are going with. :p

I wouldn't mind a few alternate costumes for Mona though.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
Did they just put a wig on Toon Link's model? :D

J/K Ashley looks pretty good!

But honestly, I fail to see why WarioWare needs a second rep, when you consider that Punch-Out, Advance Wars, and Golden Sun have none.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
What franchise "warrants" or "doesn't warrant" more characters is more or less subjective. I think the Wario series is large and popular enough to earn at least one more newcomer but of course. That's just my opinion in the end.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Final Smash:
Rock Out!
Mona faces the player and takes out her guitar to rock out with her band members, the Hot Slices. This lasts for 15 seconds. Dodging isn’t easy. Each strum emits a large orange soundwave to shock near by players. The more she strums the bigger the waves get.When it's over Art and Decko would disappear and Mona would put up her guitar.
Hmm, that is a pretty good idea for a Final Smash. You would not mind if I borrowed off this idea, would you? I have tried thinking of other ideas for a Final Smash, but alas, none of them have been very good.

D

Deleted member

Ignoring the fact that WarioWare is a more major series to Nintendo than Punch-Out, Advance Wars, and Golden Sun for a second, a franchise getting a second character has no bearing on a completely separate franchise getting its first.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Hmm, that is a pretty good idea for a Final Smash. You would not mind if I borrowed off this idea, would you? I have tried thinking of other ideas for a Final Smash, but alas, none of them have been very good.
Sure thing since it was a great way of repping her music career. Ashley being an AT both helps and hurts Mona's chances due to being the most recognizable character in WarioWare fandom. Still waiting for the inevitable Mario Kart 8 reveal though. ;)

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I would like Mona to have her design from Game and Wario. I feel that's the best suited version of her especially for smash brothers. We could always use another female as well.

Altais

Smash Champion
Eh, I would rather they go with her original design, as it does make her look more quirky. Plus, I like the cape and the helmet. [Shrugs] But that is just me.

Hmm, maybe they could give her different costumes to choose between, like they did with Wario.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
Eh, I would rather they go with her original design, as it does make her look more quirky. Plus, I like the cape and the helmet. [Shrugs] But that is just me.

Hmm, maybe they could give her different costumes to choose between, like they did with Wario.
Personally, I just like the new eyes. So her looking like a mixture between the two would be cool. I do like her multiple costumes.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
About Mona's look, I think she can get her normal outfit (if it can be considered "normal"), but with the Game&Wario art style. Afterall, it's her usual clothes, she still wear it in WarioWare: Smooth Moves.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Could I be added to the support list, please? In truth, Mona is the one person I've always wanted to rep the WarioWare games (other than Wario himself, of course.) And I'm pretty sure Mona is is up there as one of my top 5 (or maybe it was top 10?) females I've always wanted to play as (or least, see playable) in the Super Smash Bros. series. It's not that I dislike Ashley, or anything, It's just that I've cared more about Mona than any other WarioWare character and I actually supported her to be in Brawl alongside Wario, so I guess you could say I was at least a bit relieved when I saw the "Pic of the Day" in mid-January or so, and saw not Mona, but Ashley as an Assist Trophy assistant character. Believe you me, I'm not hating on Ashley or anything of the sort, and I'm especially not hating on any Ashley supporters/followers, I was just happy (for myself) that Mona still hasn't been confirmed or de-confirmed for Sm4sh and that there's still some hope for her as of today. I'm not saying she's a guaranteed choice or anything, but I just REALLY hope she makes it in. (Sorry for rambling, I just wanted to show my main point about Mona, since she's probably my favorite (and most memorable, other than Wario himself) WarioWare character and I hope she makes it in.) This is for you, Mona, hope to you see in SSB4. (And if not, maybe SSB5 or further down the line.)

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
about the title....

The Second Best Wario Ware Employee: Mona for SSB4

wouldn't she be the best one? I mean, Wario's a fat***, so....

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
I really hope Mona gets in. I absolutely love WarioWare and I feel like she would rep it better than anyone else (other than wario of course). I hope she wears her biker outfit or her cheer uniform. I'm not a big fan of her latest design.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
If Mona gets in, I expect her to have her original outfit. It's basically her usual clothes, not a job uniform. And it's a unique design.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
about the title....

The Second Best Wario Ware Employee: Mona for SSB4

wouldn't she be the best one? I mean, Wario's a fat***, so....
Can't edit the title, bro. Though title makes sense since actually Jimmy T. gets the most special games/remixes while Wario's the boss despite being a fat *******.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I've always secretly wanted Mona. But I don't see it happening. I normally wont mention her because she is so unlikely to me. I don't think Wario will get another character. But if the series gets another character then its gonna be Mona, Jimmy T., or Captain Syrup and I'm totally fine with any of those. Man another Wario rep would be great! Especially Mona. But she's a quiet 3rd for my most wanted list.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I just wanted to say that if Mona happened to get in, what would you all think of her reveal trailer to be like and what would her character page look like?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I just wanted to say that if Mona happened to get in, what would you all think of her reveal trailer to be like and what would her character page look like?
Well I can imagine it like this: Mario and Wario are fighting in front of Mona's Pizza while causing a ruckus that would get certain citizen's attention. Mona would step out with a stack of pizza's obscuring her face and stop when she hear Wario farting. This would cause her to whistle and she runs back into her beloved restaurant Wario falls onto his bike, which would be destroyed, and Mario leaps above him to deal the finishing blow. Out of the blue, a pig appears to knock the plumber away with a flying soccer ball. Wario laughs at his rival's misfortune until an elephant appears and toss the fat ******* away with his trunk. Lastly, a chimp leaves a banana peel behind for both Mario and Wario to trip on after their "flying session". While the two rivals are over each other in pain, the sounds of a moped could be heard as it gets louder. Both of them look at the vehicle to see a young girl with a smirk on her face and many pizzas in hand. The message "Mona arrives at the job!" appears before the girl do her trademark wink. *cue gameplay footage* *cue ending* Mona is having a mini pizza party with Mario Wario, and her pets in the Diamond City Square with the football player from Smooth Moves looking hopelessly at them.

Her page? She would be doing her pose from Smooth Moves on an orange background, but with her original outfit and black eyes from Game & Wario. Her promotional poster would be a reenactment of the bathroom microgame from Smooth Moves with many characters from the SSB series rushing for the Port-o-Potties and Mona directing them to the right ones.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Mona's one of those characters I'm not sure I expect, but would be frickin ecstatic if she was in. I've always loved her design, we could use more ladies, and she's totally the most deserving of the series not yet in.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
I would like Mona or Captain Syrup to be put it, like my sig hints :p.

Wonder if either ladies would be announced (if they were put in) before Wario is put in. Cuz we all know its pretty obvious he's returning again

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I would like Mona or Captain Syrup to be put it, like my sig hints :p.

Wonder if either ladies would be announced (if they were put in) before Wario is put in. Cuz we all know its pretty obvious he's returning again
WarioWare's anniversary is on the 21st of this month. That alone would be the perfect time to reveal the fat, smelly boss. If not, they can just promote him for Mario Kart 8.

Altais

Smash Champion
Looks like I might not be able to finish that moveset I said I was working on, at least not as soon as I want. [Shrugs] I have just been too damn busy.

Anyhow, this is what I came up with so far. I have been trying mine best to make Mona's fighting style just as bizarre and just as quirky as Wario's.

[collapse="Moveset"]Standard Special (Pound): Mona conjures a giant red hammer and with both hands slams it down on the opponent, burying them into the ground. How long the opponent remains trapped in the ground depends on his or her damage percentage. This move also does a decent amound of damage. If used in the air, it will do a Meteor Smash. Slightly slow startup. (Author's Note: This move derives from Mona's boss stage in WarioWare, Inc.: MegaMicrogame$!)

Side Special (Scooter): Mona conjures her scooter and rides forward. This move functions very similar to Wario's bike, but it is faster and weaker. Just like Wario's motor bike, Mona's scooter can be destroyed and used as a throwing item. Just like Wario, Mona will jump very high off her scooter if she is in the air. If the player hits the special button whilst Mona is riding her scooter, one of three things will happen at random: 1). Mona's tiny elephant will appear and behind her spout from its trunk a ball of ink that will temporary immobilise the opponent. 2). Mona's pig will appear and behind her throw a football that will deal a small amount of damage to the opponent. 3). Mona's monkey will appear and behind her throw a banana peel that will trip any opponent whom steps on it.

Upward Special (Pyoro): Mona pulls out a tiny, fat red bird, which sticks out a long, chameleon-like tongue that reaches about as far as Olimar's up-special when he has six Pikmin, and at a 45 degree angle. If the bird's tongue connects with an opponent or item, they will be swallowed whole. Similar to Wario's bite, the opponent will be repeatedly damaged whilst he or she is in the bird's mouth. How long the opponent stays in there depends on his/her size and damage percentage. Depending on the circumstances, this move can be used to chain grab. This move can also act as a tether recovery. Quick Startup. (Author's Note: This move derives from the Pyoro mini game, which has appeared in multiple WarioWare titles)

Downward Special (Camera Flash): Mona swiftly conjures a camera and snaps a picture. Similar to Mewtwo's downward-special, the flash of the camera will leave the opponent dazed and open for attack. How long the opponent stays dazed depends on his/her damage percentage. Quick startup. (Author's Note: This move derives from Game & Wario, but was also inspired by a Frasier episode)[/collapse]

smashkirby

Smash Hero
In my opinion, I think your moveset for Mona looks good so far, Altais! But, might I suggest Mona's pizza delivery and cheerleading jobs be incorporated in here somehow?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Looks like I might not be able to finish that moveset I said I was working on, at least not as soon as I want. [Shrugs] I have just been too damn busy.

Anyhow, this is what I came up with so far. I have been trying mine best to make Mona's fighting style just as bizarre and just as quirky as Wario's.

[collapse="Moveset"]Standard Special (Pound): Mona conjures a giant red hammer and with both hands slams it down on the opponent, burying them into the ground. How long the opponent remains trapped in the ground depends on his or her damage percentage. This move also does a decent amound of damage. If used in the air, it will do a Meteor Smash. Slightly slow startup. (Author's Note: This move derives from Mona's boss stage in WarioWare, Inc.: MegaMicrogame$!)

Side Special (Scooter): Mona conjures her scooter and rides forward. This move functions very similar to Wario's bike, but it is faster and weaker. Just like Wario's motor bike, Mona's scooter can be destroyed and used as a throwing item. Just like Wario, Mona will jump very high off her scooter if she is in the air. If the player hits the special button whilst Mona is riding her scooter, one of three things will happen at random: 1). Mona's tiny elephant will appear and behind her spout from its trunk a ball of ink that will temporary immobilise the opponent. 2). Mona's pig will appear and behind her throw a football that will deal a small amount of damage to the opponent. 3). Mona's monkey will appear and behind her throw a banana peel that will trip any opponent whom steps on it.

Upward Special (Pyoro): Mona pulls out a tiny, fat red bird, which sticks out a long, chameleon-like tongue that reaches about as far as Olimar's up-special when he has six Pikmin, and at a 45 degree angle. If the bird's tongue connects with an opponent or item, they will be swallowed whole. Similar to Wario's bite, the opponent will be repeatedly damaged whilst he or she is in the bird's mouth. How long the opponent stays in there depends on his/her size and damage percentage. Depending on the circumstances, this move can be used to chain grab. This move can also act as a tether recovery. Quick Startup. (Author's Note: This move derives from the Pyoro mini game, which has appeared in multiple WarioWare titles)

Downward Special (Camera Flash): Mona swiftly conjures a camera and snaps a picture. Similar to Mewtwo's downward-special, the flash of the camera will leave the opponent dazed and open for attack. How long the opponent stays dazed depends on his/her damage percentage. Quick startup. (Author's Note: This move derives from Game & Wario, but was also inspired by a Frasier episode)[/collapse]
Nice, even I haven't though of using some references to Mona's microgames in her moveset. Since she is really known for weird microgames, I am thinking about tweaking her overall moveset to include some microgames instead of just her various jobs. After all, everyone from WarioWare is known for being quirky instead of badass, hence why I feel I gave her too many serious attacks like kicks. I might we watch some gameplay videos later for inspiration.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
She needs a Sneezing attack to make reference to the Nighttime Allergies microgame.

Edit: Also, I like the Pyoro reference, but I think Mona's recovery should be similar to Game&Watch one, but with the cheerleaders.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
She needs a Sneezing attack to make reference to the Nighttime Allergies microgame.
That would be a great down tilt, mostly due to my love of Phoenix Wright's UMvC move set. It would work the same way, but slightly weaker for obvious reasons. Here's a visual and inspiration of where Wright's original attack came from. It would obviously be more exaggerated with some range like the attack in UMvC3.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
That would be a great down tilt, mostly due to my love of Phoenix Wright's UMvC move set. It would work the same way, but slightly weaker for obvious reasons. Here's a visual and inspiration of where Wright's original attack came from. It would obviously be more exaggerated with some range like the attack in UMvC3.

Yeah, totally thought about that :D

Also, as I edited my post above, I think the recovery should be the cheerleaders from Smooth Moves.
And she pulls out Pyoro as a grab :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah, totally thought about that :D

Also, as I edited my post above, I think the recovery should be the cheerleaders from Smooth Moves.
And she pulls out Pyoro as a grab :awesome:
I was think more along the lines of Honeymoon Fall Out for the grab, but Pyoro could easily work since he's a popular character. Also, thanks for the Up Special idea since I was thinking of the perfect way to incorporate the Monettes in her moves. Having her use them as a living rope would be hilarious, though she may have a limit (probably 3) for balancing reasons.

Altais

Smash Champion
In my opinion, I think your moveset for Mona looks good so far, Altais! But, might I suggest Mona's pizza delivery and cheerleading jobs be incorporated in here somehow?
I plan to incorporate her majorette's baton in her jab and her tilts. As for her pizza delivery job, I have been thinking about incorpating that in either her dash attack or her smash attacks. For instance, in her dash attack, I have thought of maybe having her trip and fall on the opponent whilst holding a stack of pizza boxes (similar to Villager's dash attack, except she is holding pizza boxes). I have not quite figured out the rest, though.

Nice, even I haven't though of using some references to Mona's microgames in her moveset. Since she is really known for weird microgames, I am thinking about tweaking her overall moveset to include some microgames instead of just her various jobs. After all, everyone from WarioWare is known for being quirky instead of badass, hence why I feel I gave her too many serious attacks like kicks. I might we watch some gameplay videos later for inspiration.
Yeah, at first I thought I was going to have a very hard time writing this moveset, but after watching walkthroughs of all the WarioWare games, I have found tons of ideas. I have been thinking about incorporating the Fronks in her moveset, though I have not quite figured out how to do so.

Hmm, that is actually a pretty good idea. For her forward smash attack, I was thinking about having her punt an American football at the opponent (in reference to Mona's story in WarioWare: Smooth Moves), but I might make it that instead.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Update: I have heavily altered most of Mona's attacks and named them after microgames from WarioWare Inc. to WarioWare D.I.Y. These attacks alone would make her almost as wacky as WarioWare and fully represent the hilarious atmosphere of WarioWare. I had also given her a few new specials: one involving her pets (Down Special) and another involving the Monettes (Up Special) to fully rep her jobs without leaving any microgame references out. Read and tell me what you guys think.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
That's a pretty neat moveset! I love the fact she have randomness on her moves. For some reasons, I like unpredictable characters, even for the one who plays the said character :troll:

Also, I usually don't really like summonable characters, but I like the idea with her pets!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That's a pretty neat moveset! I love the fact she have randomness on her moves. For some reasons, I like unpredictable characters, even for the one who plays the said character :troll:

Also, I usually don't really like summonable characters, but I like the idea with her pets!
Yeah, leaving out her precious babies would be disrespectful to her. After all, they were always around her everywhere she goes. That gives her a big of an advantage when it comes to setting traps or keeping foes away from the ledge. Having the chance gimmick for her Up Special gives her an advantage or disadvantage and suits the random nature of WarioWare. Hence why the Moped would be another option for recovery if you weren't careful enough or make you think twice about using the Up Special.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
It would be pretty cool to have her set up traps with her animal friends

Anyway I would really like to see her and I'm hopeful she would be the second Wario rep. The fact that she was in every Wario Ware and is apparently Wairo's love interest dose help her out.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
It would be pretty cool to have her set up traps with her animal friends

Anyway I would really like to see her and I'm hopeful she would be the second Wario rep. The fact that she was in every Wario Ware and is apparently Wairo's love interest dose help her out.
Not to mention WarioWare is HUGE in Japan with great sales and reviews. That isn't surprising since Japanese love a lot of weird and random crap from the start (Cho Aniki, Parodius, WarioWare, ect.). It really depends if Sakurai feels that WarioWare is popular enough to warrant another rep or feel that Wario alone isn't good enough. Having her appear in a Mario spinoff (preferably Mario Kart 8) would severely helper her chances like with Rosalina's roles in most Mario spinoffs. She looks lovable to the average Wario fan (along with the more colder Ashley) and she would be considered a cute character to casuals. It would be a great win-win situation if you ask me.

Top Bottom